The country that was

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The country that was

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:15 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:00 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:45 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:23 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:05 am
DMac wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:32 am In our seemingly inexorable march to cancel ourselves, how much longer do you figure it will be before the United States (a misnomer at best) is a country that was?
San Francisco Appoints First Noncitizen to Serve on Elections Commission

https://www.kqed.org/news/11976026/san- ... commission
San Francisco has an enormous legal Asian population, many of whom don't have the language and other skills to navigate voting issues. So they appoint this non-citizen, Chinese-language speaking person to be one member of an Election Commission. Can you identify for me the problem with this? Or is just that election commissioners must be citizens...because America?

Why do these sorts of things get on your "grievance" and complaint radar? Give you one guess.
So you cheap shot me in your parting comment, and criticize cradle for throwing a barb at your way; not very authentic IMO.

I reply to you often, and you seldom engage thereafter; you seem more concerned with polished pop-shots in between your litany of posts telling us trump is a bad man. I can send over a Little Bay or a nice Malbec if you need to unwind a bit more. 😉
I don't think it was a cheap shot. This appointment has popped up all over the usual platforms with all sorts of ire from the usual suspects, whose feeds feed yours. So my question was, what is so bad about a single member of an election commission being a non-citizen who wants to help citizens with language incapacities navigate the voting system?
simple question. Does the "election commission" have any legal authority ?

Interesting, never heard about this story. Perhaps it is telling as to what infotainment you garner your "thoughts" from.

Typical response from a pretend liberal: "i don't think it is a cheap shot"

translated: 'don't give a F if YOU think it was a cheap shot....no one cares how YOU feel ".

he said it was a cheap shot........shouldn't that be enough for ya :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
It cuts even further...

The part the concerns me the most about all this is death by a thousand cuts. We all China's end game and yet, when presented with clear and in your face micro moves like this, you can then begin to see the puzzle developing. If anyone believes for one single moment, that China's Belt and Road initiative does have involve a squeeze on the USA and over all global dominance. If you tolerate and justify damned near everything in the name of 'being nice and helpful' without any consideration of the 'long look', you are setting the table of potential disaster.

As afan often says.....China has the means to play the long game, wait everything out, all while chipping away at the broader goal behind the scene.
...and out of the other side of his mouth......bashing ALL that point this out.

Seriously, they couldn't find ANYONE else to be a translator ?

Ms. Yong came to the US as a Grad. student. Is this still the case ?

Strange doings..... what is her visa status ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 am Pat Buchanan warned us.

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/statu ... 0156810660
Jeebus, out yourself again with a tweet from Ingraham.
Such a putrid poseur she's become.

What's interesting to me, is not the young knuckleheads who protest mindlessly but sincerely, nor even the not so mindless extremists some of whom deserve jail time IMO as fostering terror, but rather the hatred of America so evident in the far right today.

American apocalypse, not because we continue to be by far the most successful economy in the world, not because we remain the by far strongest military force in the world, but because we embrace what...diversity??? We embrace immigration???

Nah, we need to pretend that America is one of the weakest economies in the world, one of the most impotent militaries in the world...why? Because of...diversity...

And it's people like Ingraham that chafe me even more, because it ain't like they don't fully know better. She's not stupid, she's just a willing bigot willing to say anything for a grifting buck. So many of these a-holes full throatily tearing at American confidence and fundamental values.

And what's the obvious end game? A full on authoritarian system in which they are the favored beneficiaries. 100% immunity for Der Leader, who of course will protect and provide largess to them and rid them of those pesky "diversity" voices, and faces...and children.

And let's take a look at your hero Pat Buchanan: In His Own Words: https://www.adl.org/resources/profile/p ... -own-words

and: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... s-new-book
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This CHILD'S PLAY compared to what you and your fellow Boomers did on College Campuses all across America. "Buchanan warned us"....he warned what? That his generation was 1000 times more crazy and violent than this current crop of muffins?

How many bombs did your Boomer Generation detonate all through the late 60's and 70's, protesting anything and everything that moved?

You gonna tell me that one of the biggest history nerds on the board has "forgotten" what happened in America in the 70's? Here, let me help you:

In a single eighteen-month period during 1971 and 1972 the FBI counted an amazing 2,500 bombings on American soil, almost five a day. Because they were typically detonated late at night, few caused serious injury, leading to a kind of grudging public acceptance.

Please. "Biden's America" was NOWHERE CLOSE to how bad things were in "Nixon's America". The "law and order" Nixon Presidency reigned over utter chaos in America.

Why do you guys constantly gaslight like this? Can't you EVER have an honest assessment as to what's happening in America?

But sure, the Dems are ruining everything, vote Republican. :roll:

https://time.com/4501670/bombings-of-america-burrough/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 pm

This CHILD'S PLAY compared to what you and your fellow Boomers did on College Campuses all across America. "Buchanan warned us"....he warned what? That his generation was 1000 times more crazy and violent than this current crop of muffins?

How many bombs did your Boomer Generation detonate all through the late 60's and 70's, protesting anything and everything that moved?

You gonna tell me that one of the biggest history nerds on the board has "forgotten" what happened in America in the 70's? Here, let me help you:

In a single eighteen-month period during 1971 and 1972 the FBI counted an amazing 2,500 bombings on American soil, almost five a day. Because they were typically detonated late at night, few caused serious injury, leading to a kind of grudging public acceptance.

Please. "Biden's America" was NOWHERE CLOSE to how bad things were in "Nixon's America". The "law and order" Nixon Presidency reigned over utter chaos in America.

Why do you guys constantly gaslight like this? Can't you EVER have an honest assessment as to what's happening in America?

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-case ... d-bombings

American History
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

American History
Typical Lax Dad

American History
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:02 pm

What's interesting to me, is not the young knuckleheads who protest mindlessly but sincerely, nor even the not so mindless extremists some of whom deserve jail time IMO as fostering terror, but rather the hatred of America so evident in the far right today.
Those are our future leaders on our elite campuses.
Where's the hatred coming from ?
Death to America ! We are all Hamas, Pig !
Last edited by old salt on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:41 pm

Death to America ! We are all Hama, Pig !
Like the Flynn brothers?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

...& they were crushed. Recall Kent State & Chicago '68....or they blew themselves up on the sidewalk.

They retreated to academia (& politics & the Senate) & spawned what we're seeing on campus today.

These clowns don't even have a war or a draft to protest.
old salt

Post by old salt »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:44 pm

Death to America ! We are all Hamas, Pig !
Like the Flynn brothers?
Mike Flynn told us this was coming. He looked them in the eye. Death to America.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

He got blood all over his Ivy League suit.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm

...& they were crushed. Recall Kent State & Chicago '68....or they blew themselves up on the sidewalk.

They retreated to academia (& politics & the Senate) & spawned what we're seeing on campus today.

These clowns don't even have a war or a draft to protest.
Can't even burn your draft card without harming the planet.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Young knuckleheads come in every generation. Fortunately, most grow up.

I'm much more bothered by the considerably older non-college students who are on these campuses as well stoking this stuff.

I can walk and chew gum, though, and recognize that grifters like Ingraham have hugely more influence and are far more dangerous. They have stoked a narrative of hatred of America and American values, angry defeatism and resentment and bigotry, under an umbrella of faux patriotism. And many millions have bought it.
DMac

Post by DMac »

What do you mean by they were crushed, OS?
Pot's legal in many states and will be in more as time goes on.
Never should have been illegal.
Women's rights are getting closer to equal...well, unless you want an abortion.
Civil rights movement ignited a flame (yeah, kind of literally too) that still burns
toward black equality.
Oh, and we're not still in Vietnam.
Yup some got killed if that's crushed, but they prevailed and changed things for the better.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:27 pm

Young knuckleheads come in every generation. Fortunately, most grow up.

I'm much more bothered by the considerably older non-college students who are on these campuses as well stoking this stuff.

I can walk and chew gum, though, and recognize that grifters like Ingraham have hugely more influence and are far more dangerous. They have stoked a narrative of hatred of America and American values, angry defeatism and resentment and bigotry, under an umbrella of faux patriotism. And many millions have bought it.
Keep blaming others...like your imaginary White Christian Nationalist legions, or the Soros NGO funded Antifa terrorists, while making excuses for your precious little hate filled poison Ivy saplings to whom you've bequeathed the keys to the kingdom.

Which party has vowed to divide the electorate by race & gerrymander the census & reapportion with a tsunami of illegal immigrants ?

Death to America ! We're all Hamas, Pig !
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm ...& they were crushed. Recall Kent State & Chicago '68....or they blew themselves up on the sidewalk.

Nope. More gaslighting.

Your generation immediately sold out for money in the 80's, cut their hair, and became yuppies. Yet if you asked your parents or grandparents about thee country falling apart in the late 60's and 70's, you know doggone well how much worse it was back then than these milquetoast protests at a handful of campuses that will disappear the instant summer break hits.

It's like Jordan Peterson said: he got rid of the protests at his events at college campuses simply by holding his talks at 8am. That's how committed the student protest movement is in the US.

And the generation before yours? Oh, they were lovely. Not only did we have card-carrying communists filling meetings and rallies at places like Madison Square Garden...we had full blown anti-semitic Hitler supporters en masse in America leading up to WWII.

But sure, the worlds falling apart here in 2024 America. :roll:

Gaslighting. You know perfectly well that we're fine, and that the biggest American problem that I've brought to you and your fellow Republicans over and over and over is: how to educate/train the American working class for the 21st century job market.

You don't care. And that's fine, you did yours....but you're a decent American historian, and know perfectly well that the country isn't falling apart any close to where it was in the 60's or 30's.
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm These clowns don't even have a war or a draft to protest.
That's right. Which is why it will blow away the minute the students find a cool concert to hit this summer, and the professional protesters who are running these stupid events will go away.

Remember how you and your buds flipped out about Antifa? And when was the last time you heard about them doing anything, outside of getting prosecuted?

Return to “POLITICS”