ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by DMac »

UNC downunda and out.
Good game (Va got screwed out of a goal too).
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:55 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm This VAR of Galica's FPS goal shouldn't even need a review; plainly pushed by Nalls. And Larry is right there.....

Terrible call. Terrible.
If anyone thought Larry would let the other ref overrule his call on the field you're fooling yourself. The other refs should be the one's looking at the call. Larry will never admit he was wrong and will strong arm the other refs to defend his bad call.

Immediately followed up with a bad card by Larry on the BTB. Neither stick nor ball hit any defender.
Didnt see the game, but Larry is the one ref that everyone knows. :oops:
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm This VAR of Galica's FPS goal shouldn't even need a review; plainly pushed by Nalls. And Larry is right there.....

Terrible call. Terrible.
If anyone thought Larry would let the other ref overrule his call on the field you're fooling yourself. The other refs should be the one's looking at the call. Larry will never admit he was wrong and will strong arm the other refs to defend his bad call.

Immediately followed up with a bad card by Larry on the BTB. Neither stick nor ball hit any defender.
I had the displeasure of having him as my kids ref for many years. Terrible
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm

Terrible call. Terrible.

I had the displeasure of having him as my kids ref for many years. Terrible
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Barn burner right now. About to put the kibosh on them but I’m feeling Clemson gonna upset.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 pm Barn burner right now. About to put the kibosh on them but I’m feeling Clemson gonna upset.
Yep. Definitely jinxed them.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:20 pm
Relax77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 pm Barn burner right now. About to put the kibosh on them but I’m feeling Clemson gonna upset.
you never know in playoffs anything can happen. That said ND will win, but Clemson is giving them a game.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 pm
Relax77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:20 pm
you never know in playoffs anything can happen. That said ND will win, but Clemson is giving them a game.
They had them in March and gave that game away albeit terrible weather. That 5 goal run with three mins left in the second half is gonna sink them today.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Is this Kimel’s last game?
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

hmmm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 pm Is this Kimel’s last game?
The have a winning record even after this loss right? so wont they be in the NCAA tourney?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm
The have a winning record even after this loss right? so wont they be in the NCAA tourney?
On bubble. Very likely on wrong side of it. RPI is 30th
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

hmmm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:13 pm
I thought I read on some thread here that she had announced next year was her last. Am I wrong?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

As much as I enjoy the LaMonica Cavs, they'll lose to Syracuse tomorrow. They're probably loving life and celebrating their win over the Powder Blue Crew and will have trouble duplicating the effort. (I hope they prove me wrong). Syracuse on the other hand wants more than just a semifinal appearance. We'll see Ginny in the NCAA's though--not a bad bet to make it to Super Quarterfinals Day depending on the draw they get.

Did anyone else find themselves almost driven to bang their heads against the wall during the Ginny/Heels broadcast with the number of times Jay Alter regurgitated info on the winning streaks/losing streaks between the two teams? I guess the producer was fine with hearing Alter repeat himself insufferably multiple times. Alter's awkward and ill-timed attempts to involve Charlotte North in the game broadcast as a sideline reporter were also irritating. So, down went the sound. I find he adds zero to any broadcast he calls.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

Predictions for semifinal games?

Syracuse vs Virginia
Syracuse is my team but exciting to see what Virginia is doing this year! Esp with all the freshman.
I think Virginia will give the Orange a good fight but Cuse will go on a scoring streak that the Hooooos won't be able to make up the deficient for.
15-9?

Notre Dame vs Boston College
I wish Notre Dame could pull this one out but I think Boston College is stronger.. as a defensive unit, strategy on the attacking side and coaching. They just have more tournament experience and Notre Dame may be a bit more burnt out.
12-8?
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Will be a very interesting decision by committee. Duke has a MUCH better win (uva) than any of the other bubble teams, but has also looked outclassed by teams like nd, cuse and bc. If you define bubble as rpi 20-30, then they have by far the best win of any team in that group other than penn state. USC, brown, Harvard, Colorado and umass have beaten no top 20 rpi teams. Holy cross beat Fairfield. Drexel beat navy and Penn state.
Navy and clemson both beat duke… but nobody else.
Penn state was in this situation (30+ rpi but a great win) a few years ago and got included.
If I had to bet, I’d bet on them sitting this tourney out. Rpi plus a very unimpressive stretch of games against bc (twice), unc and nd…..
user1020

Post by user1020 »

HailMaryPass wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 pm Predictions for semifinal games?

Syracuse vs Virginia
Syracuse is my team but exciting to see what Virginia is doing this year! Esp with all the freshman.
I think Virginia will give the Orange a good fight but Cuse will go on a scoring streak that the Hooooos won't be able to make up the deficient for.
15-9?

I wish Notre Dame could pull this one out but I think Boston College is stronger.. as a defensive unit, strategy on the attacking side and coaching. They just have more tournament experience and Notre Dame may be a bit more burnt out.
12-8?
A close game favors UVA. They have two one goal losses, 3 one goal wins, and 3 two goal wins. They’ve played a lot of close games and a close game favors them. However if Cuse can pull away I see them winning.

I think BC wins the other game, but it’s close. BC has a history of peaking late (not sure they are peaking right now though) and ND has a history of choking. I think ND has played better the entire season, so we will see.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 pm
Will be a very interesting decision by committee. Duke has a MUCH better win (uva) than any of the other bubble teams, but has also looked outclassed by teams like nd, cuse and bc. If you define bubble as rpi 20-30, then they have by far the best win of any team in that group other than penn state. USC, brown, Harvard, Colorado and umass have beaten no top 20 rpi teams. Holy cross beat Fairfield. Drexel beat navy and Penn state.
Navy and clemson both beat duke… but nobody else.
Penn state was in this situation (30+ rpi but a great win) a few years ago and got included.
If I had to bet, I’d bet on them sitting this tourney out. Rpi plus a very unimpressive stretch of games against bc (twice), unc and nd…..
The way Duke lost games hurts them. Crushed by BC (twice) and ND. Especially since their most recent game was a 14 goal loss, I could see (and hope) they sit this NCAA tournament out.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

HailMaryPass wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 pm Predictions for semifinal games?

Syracuse vs Virginia
15-9?

12-8?
Tough ones to call!

I'm going UVA by 1. No hate on cuse, they're an amazing team, just think they have a tendency to be undisciplined in the big moments and the Hoos looked very hungry during the quarters. Not convinced UVA's defense can hold though, very curious to watch if Lamonica makes any adjustments.

BC by 3 or 4. Agreed re experience and better coaching. Plus I have a definite BC bias so will never bet against them :)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Anyone else think Duke looked like a good high school team in the second half last night?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Syracuse over UVA 15-14.

BC over Notre Dame 13-12.

Can't wait.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”