CLC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Asgot

Re: CLC 2024

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:55 pm
Asgot wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:41 pm
Motorman wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am Moving back to CLC games for first round. Who moves on? Kean, MSU, Stockton, UMW?
I’m going with UMW and Stockton.
I think getting the 3 seed was a big deal this year as MSU has struggled while Stockton, Kean and UMW are all pretty even. UMW wins if they can win a few more faceoffs or make a few more saves. Kean is at home so I am going with them to win by a goal.
They got the 3 seed last year and lost. Just sayin.

Kean should win by 3/4, if everybody is healthy. A lot of the kids had a stomach bug last Saturday.
Different opponent, if it was Kean and Stockton I may agree with you but Kean gets to host UMW
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Asgot wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:25 pm
Motorman wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am Moving back to CLC games for first round. Who moves on? Kean, MSU, Stockton, UMW?
I think getting the 3 seed was a big deal this year as MSU has struggled while Stockton, Kean and UMW are all pretty even. UMW wins if they can win a few more faceoffs or make a few more saves. Kean is at home so I am going with them to win by a goal.

Kean should win by 3/4, if everybody is healthy. A lot of the kids had a stomach bug last Saturday.
Different opponent, if it was Kean and Stockton I may agree with you but Kean gets to host UMW
My point is Stockton lost at home to Kean, the 6th seed last year. I doubt MSU wins, but you never know.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:42 pm

My point is Stockton lost at home to Kean, the 6th seed last year. I doubt MSU wins, but you never know.
While I’m on this thread I’d like to ask a serious question… no disrespect meant - but what’s happened to the MSU program? I knew them as a group of tough nosed Jersey kids who would play you hard for 60 minutes. From a far they seem to be down the last couple years. Anyone agree with that assessment or am I mistaken?
zonedef

Post by zonedef »

Hopefully that goalie’s tummy is ok, 21 saves on Saturday! He has to be the best player on that team.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Nosey Ned wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:51 pm

While I’m on this thread I’d like to ask a serious question… no disrespect meant - but what’s happened to the MSU program? I knew them as a group of tough nosed Jersey kids who would play you hard for 60 minutes. From a far they seem to be down the last couple years. Anyone agree with that assessment or am I mistaken?
They still play a tough brand of lacrosse, but I think they are losing players, local NJ kids, to other schools.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

I'm leaning towards Stockton and UMW as well. UMW will have to bring their A game, but I think they have it in them to win and keep the team together for one more game.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Nice W’s by Kean and Stockton. Kean wire to wire! Stockton was down 6-0 and win 12-10
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

LaxDad, please tell Mom and Grandma to leave the cowbells home on Wednesday. They are annoying and not needed.
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

Just for the sake of creating conversation while we still have college lacrosse to talk about...what would it take for Kean or Stockton to pull off the upset of the decade this week? Crazy things have happened before. I still remember when CNU got their first program win against Salisbury in '14, in overtime. That was a massive shocker--CNU had been barely a blip on the radar before that.

So what would the recipe be for Kean or Stockton? Other than "SU/CNU all contract norovirus at the team meal at golden corral before the game."
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

aroundtheoutside wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am Just for the sake of creating conversation while we still have college lacrosse to talk about...what would it take for Kean or Stockton to pull off the upset of the decade this week? Crazy things have happened before. I still remember when CNU got their first program win against Salisbury in '14, in overtime. That was a massive shocker--CNU had been barely a blip on the radar before that.

So what would the recipe be for Kean or Stockton? Other than "SU/CNU all contract norovirus at the team meal at golden corral before the game."
Gulls require all 60 players eat at different locations prior to games.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

aroundtheoutside wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am Just for the sake of creating conversation while we still have college lacrosse to talk about...what would it take for Kean or Stockton to pull off the upset of the decade this week? Crazy things have happened before. I still remember when CNU got their first program win against Salisbury in '14, in overtime. That was a massive shocker--CNU had been barely a blip on the radar before that.

Hamilton beat Tufts...just sayin.

Honestly, it would be next to impossible and Kean won't have their best SSMD, which will make it more difficult.
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 pm

Honestly, it would be next to impossible and Kean won't have their best SSMD, which will make it more difficult.
Oh how I'd love the CLC to get to the kind of parity, depth and competition of the NESCAC.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Motorman wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:57 am

Gulls require all 60 players eat at different locations prior to games.
Absolutely genius if true.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

aroundtheoutside wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:31 pm

Oh how I'd love the CLC to get to the kind of parity, depth and competition of the NESCAC.
Need a few more teams and a few more years.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 pm

Will be a tough go as public and privates don’t like to blend in conference. A team like Stevens would benefit as their conference is dreadful
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Motorman wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:56 pm

Will be a tough go as public and privates don’t like to blend in conference. A team like Stevens would benefit as their conference is dreadful
I agree, but Stevens is private they will get an AQ forever if they stay where they are. Not enough NJ teams, it would have to be Pa, Md. or Va schools.

NY, NE wouldn’t make sense logistically, it would eat up a budget pretty quickly.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 pm

I agree, but Stevens is private they will get an AQ forever if they stay where they are. Not enough NJ teams, it would have to be Pa, Md. or Va schools.

NY, NE wouldn’t make sense logistically, it would eat up a budget pretty quickly.
I’ve imagined the MAC going to an A side and a B side (call them whatever you want) with some sort of relegation system. Pull Stevens and the Freedom runner up to the A side. Then each year the B champion flips with the A last place.

It would never happen for a variety of reasons. But it’s fun to dream and I think it would be awesome.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
zonedef

Post by zonedef »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 pm

I’ve imagined the MAC going to an A side and a B side (call them whatever you want) with some sort of relegation system. Pull Stevens and the Freedom runner up to the A side. Then each year the B champion flips with the A last place.

It would never happen for a variety of reasons. But it’s fun to dream and I think it would be awesome.
I am curious about Kean and Montclair St. and the budget discussion. Each school has over 16000 students enrolled. Salisbury, CNU, and UMW combined might get to 16000. With all those students they couldn’t put a little more to athletics? Hire a full time head coach?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

zonedef wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:21 pm

I am curious about Kean and Montclair St. and the budget discussion. Each school has over 16000 students enrolled. Salisbury, CNU, and UMW combined might get to 16000. With all those students they couldn’t put a little more to athletics? Hire a full time head coach?
They’re both commuter schools, only a fraction of them live on campus. Kean also has other satellite campuses that feed into those #’s. The coach thing is a mystery, considering a lot of the other coaches are full time.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:35 pm
zonedef wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:21 pm

They’re both commuter schools, only a fraction of them live on campus. Kean also has other satellite campuses that feed into those #’s. The coach thing is a mystery, considering a lot of the other coaches are full time.

While NJ produces a large number of quality lax players, the state colleges are way behind with their support of the sport. The state would rather pump tens of millions into a less than average RU football program while paying the coach a ridiculous salary before they pay a full time salary to a lax coach. No reason schools like TCNJ and Rowan don’t have lax teams.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”