Them vs. U.S. - The Two Americas ...

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OCanada

Re: Them vs. U.S. - The Two Americas ...

Post by OCanada »

Perhaps avoid using good and evil which are very subjective try using true or false as to the underlying assumptions.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Perhaps avoid using good and evil which are very subjective try using true or false as to the underlying assumptions.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:41 pm Fair question, Kram.

What exactly are these "fringe behaviors" and "personal choices" that are so "offensive"?

Surely we're not talking about a "personal choice" that is "offensive" to others because of religious beliefs?

Certain religious sects were certainly considered "fringe" and "offensive" to others holding other beliefs...and yet, that's a big part of the core rationale of America...

Or is this something "offensive" by some well-reasoned ethical standard? If so, what's that standard?
Kram,

I'm quoting myself because I think I above asked this set of questions in a polite way to actually get better informed as to your specific points.

And yet not answered....yet. You may have missed my questions.

I understand your later point with a fan to differentiate between beliefs and behaviors, but as soon as you say something is 'offensive' or that someone finds something 'offensive' we're into the thoughts and beliefs realm.

You specifically said: "But the left's desire to go a step further and celebrate fringe behaviors and very personal choices that is offensive."

Not quite grammatical, but that's not the confusion here, I think. It's what you exactly mean as the ' fringe behaviors' (specifically) that the 'left' 'celebrates' (how?) and are 'offensive' (why?).

Examples please.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

This is how we used to deal with things that were offensive. We need more of this.

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:roll:
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:12 pm This is how we used to deal with things that were offensive. We need more of this.

To think I arrived at my Catholic HS for 4 years wearing a suit and tie ever day. I would be stunned if any student in HS today even knows how to tie a Windsor knot... :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

American History
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”