The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by SCLaxAttack »

I don’t think we should allow handicapped people in wheelchairs to run for elected office. It can be very upsetting for a child to see someone in a wheelchair. Too many questions. How did it happen? Could it happen to me? Can they live normally? Will they live long?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:35 pm
I don’t think we should allow handicapped people in wheelchairs to run for elected office. It can be very upsetting for a child to see someone in a wheelchair. Too many questions. How did it happen? Could it happen to me? Can they live normally? Will they live long?
Those aren’t real American citizens. They forfeit their rights for being strange.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Most kids grow out of gender confusion, long-term Dutch study indicates

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Monday, April 8, 2024

A landmark Dutch study found that most adolescents ultimately outgrow their gender confusion, fueling the growing unease over the advisability of treating those under 18 with gender-transition drugs and surgeries.

The newly published research in the Archives of Sexual Behavior tracking 2,772 adolescents into early adulthood said that 11% reported “gender non-contentedness” at age 11, a figure that decreased with age and fell to 4% by ages 24-26.

“Gender non-contentedness, while being relatively common during early adolescence, in general decreases with age and appears to be associated with a poorer self-concept and mental health throughout development,” said the paper by medical researchers at the University of Groningen.

The study divided children into three trajectories based on their response to the statement, “I wish to be of the opposite sex.” The participants had three options: “never,” “sometimes,” or “often.”

The majority, or 78%, said they had no gender non-contentedness; 19% had decreasing gender non-contentedness over the course of the study, and just 2% had increasing gender non-contentedness.

Most of the study participants who expressed increasing gender dissatisfaction over the years were female. Those whose non-contentedness rose and fell were also more likely to have lower self-worth during adolescence than those without gender non-contentedness.

“The results of the current study might help adolescents to realize that it is normal to have some doubts about one’s identity and one’s gender identity during this age period and that this is also relatively common,” said the paper.

The researchers warned that health care providers may want to be cautious in treating adolescents with gender dysphoria by “primarily seeing individuals with intense gender dysphoric feelings and give them a more comprehensive view on the range of developmental patterns in the general population and in children receiving youth psychiatric care.”

The findings reenergized the heated debate over treating patients under the age of 18 with gender dysphoria with puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and surgeries — treatments that are fueling a booming sex-reassignment industry.

“These results strongly oppose rushing to transition kids who report gender dysphoria in the name of ‘gender-affirming’ care. Stay safe. Stay smart,” said Michael Guillen, a former Harvard physics instructor and author.
A ton of annoying ads pop up on this which is why I printed it all and eliminated them, but this is where the article came from.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... 0surgeries.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nonsense...we must listen to the children and follow their wishes, they are the new parents.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Here's another Dutch survey. Nearly all trans people who started hormone treatments as adolescents stayed on them into adulthood.

Of 720 individuals with gender dysphoria who initiated hormone treatments as adolescents, 704 continued them into adulthood. Don't believe it says why those 16 people stopped (a lot do stop due to societal pressure).

So basically the kids who are "changing their mind" aren't starting any medical treatment in the first place.

The Washington Times survey about kids doesn't involve any medical diagnosis. Just simple survey questions that don't get into any actual details about their gender "confusion". Could be that girls see how much better boys have it in some things, and boys see how much better girls have it in other things, and they're just jealous. Could be because they're trans. Who knows? The surveyors certainly don't since they didn't ask.

In the end, medical professionals and parents are generally required to sign off on major medical decisions like hormone treatments. And of course follow up visits, blood tests, and more are required. Been that way for decades.

Unfortunately multiple states are now making it impossible to get treatment at all.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

That’s just a front….speak to any soldier that’s been over there. Our men are always getting hit on and have seen what goes on.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Return to “POLITICS”