Quarterfinals - 2024

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Quarterfinals - 2024

Post by Matnum PI »

callaxdad wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:08 pm So, if they were starters for game 4 and you didn't remove them from your lineup they were automatically starters for qtrs, assuming said players team made the playoffs?
Correct. Whoever was starting on 3/20 (between Game 4 and 5) when the Duke-SU game started, would be your (Duke) starters for the Quarters.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:45 am
callaxdad wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:40 am So, another question, explain to me what, regular season game they had to be starters in (or not) to be counted (or not) in the quarters (this week)?
NCAA game was 3/20 so that was the Wednesday between Game 4 & 5.
callaxdad wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:40 am Btw, congrats on COY!! How many consecutive is that?!?!! :lol: ;)
Thank you. Every season I win I feel slightly more humbled. Again, thank you.
I assume I’ve run away as mascot and head cheerleader for this season. I’ll be around with Junior Memorial Day weekend in Philly signing autographs. Just remember if you’re not on the list to keep 20ft away from the king and pending champ.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Btw my money for the title next year is on Girlsdoitbetter. Book it. Junior has his list and she’s higher on it than you’d think.
See Martin, Malcolm
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Happy to sneak into the playoffs.

Up and down year for the boys, hopefully they can put it together for the playoffs...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

nclaxin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:41 pm ...hopefully they can put it together for the playoffs...
Stranger things have happened...

Griffin Schutz JR M UVA 0
Russell Melendez SR A JHU 0
Willem Firth FR A/M Cornell 0
Cody Malawsky SO A/M Denver 0
Logan Ip SO M Harvard 0
Xavier Arline SR A Navy 0
Towson D 0
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum as proxy for Jr he’s swapping out Angelus for Matt Licata in attack.

thanks,

SirJrMix-A-Lot
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I'm so curious how the 48 starting players and 8 defenses are going to do this weekend...
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm I'm so curious how the 48 starting players and 8 defenses are going to do this weekend...
Jrs players had to many Big Ten opponents so he decided to mix it up. And his friends dad went to Marquette
See Martin, Malcolm
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Uklax wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:31 am No roster changes for me.

My fears are:

I love to lose round 1 of playoffs, happens most of the time I qualify
NC beats me every time I play him
Towson have a ridiculous fixture so NC defense may score really high
UVA vs syr being a goal fest so Schutz racks up the goals
Brandau has a big game then a medium game most weeks and he just had a big game.
The form of my midfield is awful

Good luck NC and other qualifying coaches.

Unlucky Matt, glad you still won coach of the year, good to see the powers at be recognised your achievements regardless of failure :P
And Towson ridiculous fixture has killed this match up.. conceded 2 goals lol.

NC wins
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Uklax wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:33 pm
Uklax wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:31 am No roster changes for me.

My fears are:

I love to lose round 1 of playoffs, happens most of the time I qualify
NC beats me every time I play him
Towson have a ridiculous fixture so NC defense may score really high
UVA vs syr being a goal fest so Schutz racks up the goals
Brandau has a big game then a medium game most weeks and he just had a big game.
The form of my midfield is awful

Good luck NC and other qualifying coaches.

Unlucky Matt, glad you still won coach of the year, good to see the powers at be recognised your achievements regardless of failure :P
And Towson ridiculous fixture has killed this match up.. conceded 2 goals lol.

NC wins
;) welp....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Jrs squad is showing its weakness here in Rd 1 and is exposed but I think he will still scrape by/
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:48 pm Final Scores: https://fanlax.com/2024/04/14/fantasy-l ... nals-2024/
Wow Harrison taking down Callax who I thought may be on our menu.
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Uklax wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:33 pm And Towson ridiculous fixture has killed this match up.. conceded 2 goals lol.

NC wins
Hindsight is 20/20. With that said, I should've used the 2/17 Navy game in place of last week's Hampton game for Towson. I knew Hampton was weak. And... while Towson gave up 2 goals to Hampton, they only gave up 5 to Navy. Not so different. Strangely.

With hindsight, I should've used the 2/23 St. Joe's game in place of today's Monmouth game. St. Joe's is a better team but... Monmouth is also good. Towson gave up 2 goals to Monmouth, 7 goals to St. Joe's. A bigger difference than Hampton-Navy. But, again, hindsight. And, UK, in hindsight, yup, I agree. St. Joe's would've been a better match-up. And... I dunno. Hampton clearly is a D3 team playing D1 lacrosse. That's an easy switch. But Monmouth on 4/20 vs. St. Joe's on 2/23. I dunno. Not as obvious. But, with hindsight, clearly it would've been a better match-up.
Caddy Day
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:35 pm
Uklax wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:33 pm And Towson ridiculous fixture has killed this match up.. conceded 2 goals lol.

NC wins
Hindsight is 20/20. With that said, I should've used the 2/17 Navy game in place of last week's Hampton game for Towson. I knew Hampton was weak. And... while Towson gave up 2 goals to Hampton, they only gave up 5 to Navy. Not so different. Strangely.

With hindsight, I should've used the 2/23 St. Joe's game in place of today's Monmouth game. St. Joe's is a better team but... Monmouth is also good. Towson gave up 2 goals to Monmouth, 7 goals to St. Joe's. A bigger difference than Hampton-Navy. But, again, hindsight. And, UK, in hindsight, yup, I agree. St. Joe's would've been a better match-up. And... I dunno. Hampton clearly is a D3 team playing D1 lacrosse. That's an easy switch. But Monmouth on 4/20 vs. St. Joe's on 2/23. I dunno. Not as obvious. But, with hindsight, clearly it would've been a better match-up.
Is what it is, I saw it coming with that fixture, at least I wasn’t after timing. Bit of a disaster for the squad but oh well I ain’t bitter, a win is a win.. well done NC!

It does put me off Ds a little though in the game overall cause when that happens the rest of your squad can become redundant.

I maybe think a mod needs to be made for no Defense so it’s just best players, rather than whole teams for D (maybe we pick couple of defenders, maybe we just do away with defense). Cause again we have seen other players lose whole seasons for just a bad defense which is 1/14 of their squad and can be way harder to predict year on year. Maybe we could vote on their use and see if others feel the same way.

Oh well Brandau shone this year, what an excellent player! He will be missed!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:35 pm

NC wins

No worries. He would’ve realized it was all a dream when he ran into Jr anyways. He needs to show up here but busy playing the game. Got the flow and settled into sitting from predominantly D to attack. Will have to make room for rh fnalax trophy.
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Uklax wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:33 pm .. lose whole seasons for just a bad defense which is 1/14 of their squad and can be way harder to predict year on year...
Yes, hard to predict and, though 1/14th of a Fantasy Roster, much bigger than that in the actual NCAA game. D matters.
Caddy Day
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:18 am
Uklax wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:33 pm .. lose whole seasons for just a bad defense which is 1/14 of their squad and can be way harder to predict year on year...
Yes, hard to predict and, though 1/14th of a Fantasy Roster, much bigger than that in the actual NCAA game. D matters.
Yeah it is but that’s not reflected in rosters.. just not sure if there’s a way to improve defense doing it by individual players. Just food for thought more than pushing for it
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Uklax wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:44 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:18 am
Yeah it is but that’s not reflected in rosters.. just not sure if there’s a way to improve defense doing it by individual players. Just food for thought more than pushing for it
Dude when you see my joy law over some technical stuff and some petty people challenging positions early in the year (Poitras then pros
Thee year midfielder who was this leagues midfielder of the year was force into attack which whatever the codified rules are violates the spirit to me-guys who complain to refs strategically…try outrunning the competition for once)

I’m hit find this all pretty dumb at the moment even if it’s my sons team so while I’d give you some smithy check out the atorcity and joke that will play out with the rest of this season.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”