D1 Womens Lacrosse
LarryGamLax

Re: Games Today

Post by LarryGamLax »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:01 pm
Brownlax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:48 pm
NULax2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:23 pm
NULax2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm Penn leading Loyola 7 - 4 @ half
Penn dominating. now 10 - 4, 7 min left in 3rd.
11-5 UPENN with 11 mins in 4th
The contrast between the male and female announcers here is brutal. One yells, and talks over the other. The other gives intelligent commentary. Good game, and great effort by Penn.
The male was loud, BUT, I liked his enthusiasm. I enjoyed it and yes he talked over his partner at times, but I know her well. She can handle herself and knows the game. Men's Sports have loud enthusiastic announcers, so I have no issue with Women having that excitement in their games.
"CAITLIN CLARK HITS A LOGO THREE!" That's pretty cool and I like that in Women's Lax as well.
CTra

Post by CTra »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:01 pm
Brownlax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:48 pm
NULax2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:23 pm
NULax2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm Penn leading Loyola 7 - 4 @ half
Penn dominating. now 10 - 4, 7 min left in 3rd.
11-5 UPENN with 11 mins in 4th
The contrast between the male and female announcers here is brutal. One yells, and talks over the other. The other gives intelligent commentary. Good game, and great effort by Penn.
PENN wins!!! Whoo! I wasn't sure how this game was going to go. Thought they would lose to Loyola. #14 assisted on Penn's 8th goal but they gave that point to another player on that stats sheet. This wouldn't usually annoy me if they didn't already do that a few times last season. There was a moment where #23 was driving to goal but was stopped by a double team. #14 was wide open for the pass but she still push into the defenders with threw an errant pass out of bounds. That was weird. Not sure why don't give the ball to #14 more or encourage her to go to goal. She's not their flashiest player but she plays clean and probably is their most unselfish player. Overall, glad Penn pulled off the win. Lets call their games against Yale and Princeton an OFF week lol. Way to bounce back!
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

ACClaxfan wrote the following : "This whole the new coaches have "changed the culture " is BS..."

REALLY??

I don't really understand why you would say some goofy ish like that. Here are the facts : In the last 10 years, this is what UVa WLax was

1) Record 114-90

2) 9 NCAA Tournament appearances

3) 2 Quarterfinal appearances

4) 7 1st or 2nd losses in the Tournament

And NUMBER 5) the final nail in the box was last year's 16-14 loss, in the 1st round, to the University of Albany. It was really humiliating when you know that there were more high level recruits on the bench for UVa than there were in Albany's starting lineup. And yet they beat a team from the much ballyhooed ACC on a neutral site. The former HC was there for 30 years, getting lots of top level recruits...and only ONE NC in that time(27 years) as HC.
So a change was made and in came a coach from a program unlike UVa...and THAT was the culture change. The Lamonicas do things different than the previous coach. Players have said things are different and that's all I need to hear.
At the Colorado University, their Football team was 1-11 two years ago. Then they hired Deion Sanders as their HC and with him came a change in the culture of the program. Even though they were only 4-8 last season, the program was known Nationwide in a way it had never been before. This coming season CU Football will be a top 15-20 program and probably at least make a postseason Bowl game. When there's a culture change and the athletes grasp it, winning usually follows.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

LarryGamLax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:51 pm ACClaxfan wrote the following : "This whole the new coaches have "changed the culture " is BS..."

REALLY??

I don't really understand why you would say some goofy ish like that. Here are the facts : In the last 10 years, this is what UVa WLax was

1) Record 114-90

2) 9 NCAA Tournament appearances

3) 2 Quarterfinal appearances

4) 7 1st or 2nd losses in the Tournament

And NUMBER 5) the final nail in the box was last year's 16-14 loss, in the 1st round, to the University of Albany. It was really humiliating when you know that there were more high level recruits on the bench for UVa than there were in Albany's starting lineup. And yet they beat a team from the much ballyhooed ACC on a neutral site. The former HC was there for 30 years, getting lots of top level recruits...and only ONE NC in that time(27 years) as HC.
So a change was made and in came a coach from a program unlike UVa...and THAT was the culture change. The Lamonicas do things different than the previous coach. Players have said things are different and that's all I need to hear.
At the Colorado University, their Football team was 1-11 two years ago. Then they hired Deion Sanders as their HC and with him came a change in the culture of the program. Even though they were only 4-8 last season, the program was known Nationwide in a way it had never been before. This coming season CU Football will be a top 15-20 program and probably at least make a postseason Bowl game. When there's a culture change and the athletes grasp it, winning usually follows.
Your facts are nonsense and your Deion Sanders is comical .
1) They have the same exact ACC record this year as they did last year
2) They have 9 NCAA appearances the last 10 years as no one made an appearance in the covid year, UVA and the previous coach have more NCAA appearances than any other program during Myers head coaching stint of 25 Plus years never missing the tournament.
3) There are 4 coaches who have won more ncaa championships than coach Myers during her coaching period of again 25 plus
4) 7 1rst or 2nd round losses while making the tournament for 28 years running is not bad.
Please give some actual details as to how the culture has changed. I have spoken to some players who have stated things are not very different and they stepped into a favorable situation with a solid group of seniors plus a PG transfer along with a talented group of freshman who were all recruited by the previous coaches. The main contribution they have made to the culture of the team is a change at goalie as far as I can tell.
Do coaches impact culture , sure but I believe culture is more about team leadership and generally gets passed from the more senior players to the younger ones.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Penn State. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Missy’s not going anywhere. 😕
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 pm Penn State. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Missy’s not going anywhere. 😕
To be in this position as #2 seed in their tournament and another ranked win is impressive after their slide at one point. But yes, Missy has bought herself another couple of years!
WLaxdad

Post by WLaxdad »

Impressive 2nd half of the season for Penn State. Really surprised they ended it beating MD & JHU.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxlaxlax wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:55 pm To be in this position as #2 seed in their tournament and another ranked win is impressive after their slide at one point. But yes, Missy has bought herself another couple of years!
I'm not sure which seed Penn St will end up with yet. Northwestern/Michigan will decide the 1-4 seeds. If NU wins, that creates a 3 team log jam at 4-2. Penn St owns the head-to-head tiebreaker over Maryland, Maryland owns the HtH TB over Michigan, and Michigan owns the HtH TB over Penn St. I have no idea how they break the tie in that scenario.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 am
laxlaxlax wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:55 pm To be in this position as #2 seed in their tournament and another ranked win is impressive after their slide at one point. But yes, Missy has bought herself another couple of years!
I'm not sure which seed Penn St will end up with yet. Northwestern/Michigan will decide the 1-4 seeds. If NU wins, that creates a 3 team log jam at 4-2. Penn St owns the head-to-head tiebreaker over Maryland, Maryland owns the HtH TB over Michigan, and Michigan owns the HtH TB over Penn St. I have no idea how they break the tie in that scenario.
PSU is the 2 seed. Mich/NW game decided who is the 1.
NW Wins:
1. NW
2. PSU (Wins tiebreak over MD/Michigan due to beating NW)
3. MD (Wins tiebreak over Michigan due to H2H)
4. Michigan
5. Hop
6. Rutgers
7. OSU

Michigan wins:
1. Michigan
2. PSU (Wins tiebreak over NW/MD due to beating them both)
3. NW (Wins tiebreak over MD due to H2H)
4. MD
5. Hop
6. Rutgers
7. OSU
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:35 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 am
PSU is the 2 seed. Mich/NW game decided who is the 1.
NW Wins:
1. NW
2. PSU (Wins tiebreak over MD/Michigan due to beating NW)
3. MD (Wins tiebreak over Michigan due to H2H)
4. Michigan
5. Hop
6. Rutgers
7. OSU

Michigan wins:
1. Michigan
2. PSU (Wins tiebreak over NW/MD due to beating them both)
3. NW (Wins tiebreak over MD due to H2H)
4. MD
5. Hop
6. Rutgers
7. OSU
Thanks for clearing that up, hmmm.
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:06 pm
eastcoastlax wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:56 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:29 am
Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 pm Goodale is a beast
This girl blows me away!! She's phenomenal game in and game out. Tough, and fearless too....balls to the wall player who you can count on. I'd like to see her shoot more when she brings the ball down on a clear (I'm guessing she hasn't taken four shots all year...and I'm guessing high on that). Took one v Albany, was a good shot, GK made a better save....wouldn't ya know. She'll pull out on a FPS too, I just can't imagine her not being able to get to the cage and put it by the GK (saw her pull out from the center hash in one of the recent games...I don't get that).
This is nonsense that eastcoastlax is putting out there. She's an absolute beast who is very good at drawing the charge. Gets herself in position to get run over, then you're going to call that a flop...I don't think so.
The diminutive Benoit is a mini beast too....what a crazy good defender she is, and tough as nails to boot. It's not wise to hold on to the ball when Katie and Kaci are hounding you.
Geez maybe get over your crush . She is a good player but has a deserved reputation as a player who embellishes to get the call . I have seen it for years , yes she gets a lot of charge calls , some deserved , some not , those are bad enough . Add in the head grabbing and it’s a bit much . As far as her taking more shots , there is a reason she plays defense not midfield . Seems to me you think the whole team are beasts , you would have thought they would have beat Stony Brook easy .
My crush?? This is what you call one's appreciation of a phenomenal player?
I've watched her for a few years now myself and I'm not buying what you're
selling. Goodale doesn't embellish much at all, frankly I see very little of that
from her. She gets herself in the right position and goes down from contact.
Get over your Goodale hate (like I have a crush) and see what she does rather
than what you're imagining.
Thanks for letting me know what position she plays. If she made up her mind
that she wanted to score she would, no question in my mind about that. She's
D minded and dishes.
Pretty weak and cheap shot with the Stony Brook comment, completely unnecessary
and irrelevant. Give Joe credit for getting his girls sky high and their playing at
a high and intense level. Cuse took the game too lightly, could see that before
the first draw. Nice game by the Seawolves.
Go watch the first draw of the cuse bc game , easily the worst flop of the year by Goodale .If the refs dont call it on that one they will never call it." As far as your ill informed opinion about not embellishing much at all just go watch the tape. Go Eagles.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You see what you want to see not what's actually happening and nothing is going to change your mind.
Could not possibly care any less what you think about it. She's a phenomenal player...probably why she's
on the top 25 T Award watch list.
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

DMac wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:20 am You see what you want to see not what's actually happening and nothing is going to change your mind.
Could not possibly care any less what you think about it. She's a phenomenal player...probably why she's
on the top 25 T Award watch list.
If you don't see that as a flop then you have no clue. Never said she is not an excellent player just that she has a reputation as a flopper which is well earned . The good news at least in this instance the refs did not fall for the flop to the ground.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DMac wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:20 am Could not possibly care any less what you think about it.
OuttaNowhereWregget

eastcoastlax wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:46 am Go watch the first draw of the cuse bc game , easily the worst flop of the year by Goodale .If the refs dont call it on that one they will never call it." As far as your ill informed opinion about not embellishing much at all just go watch the tape. Go Eagles.
I believe this is the play you're referring to...

ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 pm
eastcoastlax wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:46 am Go watch the first draw of the cuse bc game , easily the worst flop of the year by Goodale .If the refs dont call it on that one they will never call it." As far as your ill informed opinion about not embellishing much at all just go watch the tape. Go Eagles.
I believe this is the play you're referring to...

Looks like she got shot by a sniper . The funniest part is the BC players around her are all looking at each other like it was not me .
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

I was in the stands for VU/Denver yesterday. Beautiful day here in Philly. I was looking forward to seeing the Pios in person but expected a blowout. Could not have been more wrong.

Somehow I missed that Thacker tore her ACL vs. CU. Per her mother, she is hopeful to get back on the field and finish the season, but she was not in the lineup yesterday. Denver defense struggled without her ... giving up many feeds into the 8' that VU converted for goals. DU attack struggled against VU zone and the Pios had to come from behind to get the W. A large part of the was their FOGO, who got some actual coaching at halftime and made some successful adjustments in the final 2 quartets to give Denver key possessions.

Denver plays at Yale tomorrow and based on yesterday's game, they need to figure some things out. The Yale zone is a much bigger challenge than VU and Yale's ball movement will be a major problem for the Pios defense without their leader. We'll see if #16 is able to will herself onto the field.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

Michigan playing outstanding D vs NW. Very impressed, let's see if they can keep it up for a full 60.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Think this is the first time I've seen Michigan, impressive looking team for sure.
12-12, 5 min to go.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Sammy White comes up clutch again, just as she did in the last game against Michigan.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”