Liberty League 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
billyosier

Re: Liberty League 2024

Post by billyosier »

SixBySix wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:28 pm St Lawrence offense looks like they've never seen a 3-3 zone before.
Can’t even pass and catch.
smoova

Post by smoova »

wrong thread
Last edited by smoova on Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
richard

Post by richard »

Stats show a really ugly game. 26 turnovers, 15 for 25 on clears, 24 saves, 26 turnovers. Looks like score could have been much worse. Life does not get easier. Ithaca gives them fits RPI and RIT. Gotta find some midfield offense. Losing young Mahoney sure didn’t help either.
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

Not trying to make an excuse for SLU as they were just overall bad yesterday but reports I have heard are that they were down 4 regular starters against Midd with two of those injuries being for the rest of the season. Huge blow for a team that has had a great start to the season and hopefully they can get healthy again soon as they are still to play Ithaca, RPI and RIT
richard

Post by richard »

I notice that Torres did not play. He is big on clears and as a ssm, here’s hoping he is not out for the season. That would be a big miss along w/ young Mahoney.
STICKIT

Post by STICKIT »

Looking forward to watching Union v. RPI :-)
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Seems typical this season that we get gorgeous weather early in the week and everything goes south by Saturday. Big games today.

I've run a rating system for several years. Here is what it says about today's LL games:

RPI in a close one over Union
St Lawrence over IC
RIT comfortably over Clarkson
Skidmore in a nailbiter over Vassar

Best of luck to everyone's teams today
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

RPI rolls. 6v6 offense is elite. Luke Murphy is the real deal.

Sloppiness still costing them 2-3 goals a game. Need to clean it up to be a legit contender.
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

Big matchup upcoming this weekend for the LL with RIT vs St. Lawrence. I don’t think RIT has relinquished their spot as the top team in the league even with their mishap vs RPI. SLU rebounded nicely on Saturday vs Ithaca after their abysmal game at MIDD last week. Saturday will be senior day for the Larries and they have yet to beat RIT since the tigers made the move to the LL years and years ago. Is this the year they finally get over the hump? Will be a tall order.
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

billyosier wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:38 pm Big matchup upcoming this weekend for the LL with RIT vs St. Lawrence. I don’t think RIT has relinquished their spot as the top team in the league even with their mishap vs RPI. SLU rebounded nicely on Saturday vs Ithaca after their abysmal game at MIDD last week. Saturday will be senior day for the Larries and they have yet to beat RIT since the tigers made the move to the LL years and years ago. Is this the year they finally get over the hump? Will be a tall order.
I think as long as SLU can keep it close with them it may give them momentum heading into the playoffs. It's hard to beat a team twice...
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Laxfan1414 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:18 pm RPI rolls. 6v6 offense is elite. Luke Murphy is the real deal.

Sloppiness still costing them 2-3 goals a game. Need to clean it up to be a legit contender.
And then there was one.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Nice win for Ithaca against their rivals tonight, 12-11 over a good Cortland team.

Ithaca has shown some growth under their first year coach. I know it's been a disappointing season overall, but definitely reasons for optimism. I'd love to see them close it out with a couple of LL wins.
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

Today’s result makes things very interesting for the Liberty league tourney. If RPI wins, they will be the number 1 seed and will host LL tournament, but if St Lawrence were to win there would be a three way tie for 1st place. (Assuming RIT can take care of business at home vs Union) I can’t find the tiebreaker rules for the Liberty League. I see in 2011 there was a 3 way tie for 2nd between Union, clarkson and RPI and goals against seemed to be the tiebreaker?

Anyone find the exact rules for the tiebreaker in that situation?
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

What a weekend this is going to be
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

Paddy Condon is going to need to be on his A game for St. Lawrence this Saturday vs RPI. He struggled in the first half and was not able to slow down the inevitable RIT run that always seems to happen but was much better in the 4th which gave SLU the extra possessions to be able to close the lead to just 2 late into the 4th. He was huge in big wins over York and CNU for the Saints earlier in the year so lets see if he can bounce back vs RPI
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

FosterLax3 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:24 pm Paddy Condon is going to need to be on his A game for St. Lawrence this Saturday vs RPI. He struggled in the first half and was not able to slow down the inevitable RIT run that always seems to happen but was much better in the 4th which gave SLU the extra possessions to be able to close the lead to just 2 late into the 4th. He was huge in big wins over York and CNU for the Saints earlier in the year so lets see if he can bounce back vs RPI
Agreed - Condon was a nonfactor for most of the RIT game. He'll need to have a massive showing vs the very talented Venuto at the X. Having the youngest Mahoney son back into the rotation after a few games of limited time due to an injury will be another big factor here. He should be able to take some of the pressure off of Hutchinson and Murphy. The goalie play between Perry and Marinello should be fantastic. Expecting a very entertaining game.

If SLU comes out on top, does anyone have a clue how a 3-way tie for first is decided?
richard

Post by richard »

Condon made some adjustments in the second half vs RIT. I thought he got good help from the wings. Good to see that. Possession time in the second half was much better for SLU.
Looking forward to the weekend.
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

billyosier wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:11 pm
FosterLax3 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:24 pm Paddy Condon is going to need to be on his A game for St. Lawrence this Saturday vs RPI. He struggled in the first half and was not able to slow down the inevitable RIT run that always seems to happen but was much better in the 4th which gave SLU the extra possessions to be able to close the lead to just 2 late into the 4th. He was huge in big wins over York and CNU for the Saints earlier in the year so lets see if he can bounce back vs RPI
Agreed - Condon was a nonfactor for most of the RIT game. He'll need to have a massive showing vs the very talented Venuto at the X. Having the youngest Mahoney son back into the rotation after a few games of limited time due to an injury will be another big factor here. He should be able to take some of the pressure off of Hutchinson and Murphy. The goalie play between Perry and Marinello should be fantastic. Expecting a very entertaining game.

If SLU comes out on top, does anyone have a clue how a 3-way tie for first is decided?

Believe it would be overall record so RIT first with one loss, SLU second because they would then have the H2H and RPI 3rd
ergit

Post by ergit »

Low2high22 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 pm

Believe it would be overall record so RIT first with one loss, SLU second because they would then have the H2H and RPI 3rd
I believe only conference results factor into the tie breaker. A three way tie by definition is circular in terms of head-to-head results so you end up going deeper into the tie breaker.
Correct me if I’m wrong…
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

ergit wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:00 pm
Low2high22 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 pm

I believe only conference results factor into the tie breaker. A three way tie by definition is circular in terms of head-to-head results so you end up going deeper into the tie breaker.
Correct me if I’m wrong…
I do not think it is overall record, but I have no evidence either way. Would love to see a clear rule from the Liberty league posted somewhere. That being said, hopefully RPI just wins it outright.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”