Hobart 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
LeeRoggy

Re: Hobart 2024

Post by LeeRoggy »

eldeststatesman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:58 am I dont shade people from IL often, but when I do its because they clearly dont know ball... The fact that Patterson isnt listed as a top 40 freshman is criminal. More pts than many kids on worse teams that are on the list ... sad! If somebody knows Kevin Brown from IL ... feel free to send me his # so i can handle this 'off-line'.

Excited to watch the statesman compete this weekend!

Hip Hip
Funny, I just posted a comment on that article there saying the same thing . . .
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Slick $400 mil Capital Campaign just announced. Should be in alums email boxes now Seed gifts of $100 mil.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Not much to say about podcast. Coach just sort of says that the players need to play better and for all four quarters on game day. At least that's what I heard. At this point, that might be the bottom line. I'd still rather see him play a longer bench.
Bartfromboston

Post by Bartfromboston »

Podcast is disappointing. Feels like tone deaf. What I was hoping to hear was a recognition that things need to change from the coaching staff. But what I heard is that players just need to work harder. I hope the message in the locker room is very different.

Also, the fact that he believes that there have been so many changes every week in the lineup is laughable. He might not be looking at the stat sheet to notice that what he was said is not accurate about playing a lot of players. I am surprised that he would actually say that. However, if you read between the lines, he did say that he wants his starters to learn to finish a game even when there are getting killed
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Glad I'm not the only one that found the recent podcast disappointing. Coach says how hard they have worked--and I don't doubt that they have; but, if the payoff isn't there then perhaps neither is the talent? Hoping the increase in scholarship allotment with enable the coaches to attract some better players. Need a Canadian or two and more size at SSDM. Would love to see Hobart grab a few guys from the portal, but the HC is against that strategy(he's the only coach not using the portal, it seems)...
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Laxgunea wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:17 pm Slick $400 mil Capital Campaign just announced. Should be in alums email boxes now Seed gifts of $100 mil.
Perhaps more aid for lax players ;)
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

FMUBart wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:47 am
Laxgunea wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:17 pm Slick $400 mil Capital Campaign just announced. Should be in alums email boxes now Seed gifts of $100 mil.
Perhaps more aid for lax players ;)
Only those who can play all 4 quarters. :lol:
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

FMUBart wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:45 am Glad I'm not the only one that found the recent podcast disappointing. Coach says how hard they have worked--and I don't doubt that they have; but, if the payoff isn't there then perhaps neither is the talent? Hoping the increase in scholarship allotment with enable the coaches to attract some better players. Need a Canadian or two and more size at SSDM. Would love to see Hobart grab a few guys from the portal, but the HC is against that strategy(he's the only coach not using the portal, it seems)...
Agree with FMUBart
As I said a few weeks ago the fact of the matter is that we just don’t have the horses the better teams have. Coach mentioned the he was bewildered by the fact that they had tremendous practices Thursday and Friday , then completely bombed on Saturday? Pretty clear the big difference the guys in the different colored jerseys are much better, forcing Hobart to play at a speed and competency they just don’t have . If we can’t get the horses to compete then the coaching staff needs to find better schemes to create opportunities. “They just have to play better on Saturdays” is not a piece of coaching genius .As far as the transfer portal if you were a quality player looking for an opportunity what would entice you to come to Geneva at this point???
leafybeef

Post by leafybeef »

catchnshoot wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:34 am
FMUBart wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:45 am Glad I'm not the only one that found the recent podcast disappointing. Coach says how hard they have worked--and I don't doubt that they have; but, if the payoff isn't there then perhaps neither is the talent? Hoping the increase in scholarship allotment with enable the coaches to attract some better players. Need a Canadian or two and more size at SSDM. Would love to see Hobart grab a few guys from the portal, but the HC is against that strategy(he's the only coach not using the portal, it seems)...
Agree with FMUBart
As I said a few weeks ago the fact of the matter is that we just don’t have the horses the better teams have. Coach mentioned the he was bewildered by the fact that they had tremendous practices Thursday and Friday , then completely bombed on Saturday? Pretty clear the big difference the guys in the different colored jerseys are much better, forcing Hobart to play at a speed and competency they just don’t have . If we can’t get the horses to compete then the coaching staff needs to find better schemes to create opportunities. “They just have to play better on Saturdays” is not a piece of coaching genius .As far as the transfer portal if you were a quality player looking for an opportunity what would entice you to come to Geneva at this point???
From what I know, Hobart is a tough school to transfer into. Credits don't always transfer and the curriculum at Hobart is no different than a prep school.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Don't think that's true leafybeef...my daughter transferred into WS and all credits transferred and they even gave her credits for her HS AP courses(her prior school--a Patriot League school--did not accept the AP's as college credit).
315lax

Post by 315lax »

Agree with FMUBart
How about what is going to keep a kid like Patterson here after this year?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

315lax wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:13 pm
Agree with FMUBart
How about what is going to keep a kid like Patterson here after this year?
Here’s a tutorial.

https://medium.com/@poundcoynewrites/an ... b00ba9e36d

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/new ... r6dkafu628
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Would love to be proven wrong but I don’t see this season ending well. SJU is simply a better roster this year and HPU has looked good in recent weeks. Even St B’s played Richmond better than we did.

The podcast was uninspiring. Credit Ted for trying to keep it positive but the lack of accountability from the coaching side is disheartening as a fan of the program.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

I have to disagree
Doesn’t the coach saying “ players should play harder”
Must count as an them being accountable!!!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

catchnshoot wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:42 pm I have to disagree
Doesn’t the coach saying “ players should play harder”
Must count as an them being accountable!!!
Coach also said he was ok with FOGOs going early. I think Raymond is starting to be aware of how thin the ice is. Yes the players have yet to play a complete game against higher quality teams. At this point we should be wondering if they are capable of it. I hope they are. It comes back to who we have on the field. There is talent there. They need to put it together. It takes the players AND the coaches to figure TF out!!
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

It is a terrible day for lacrosse in Geneva. It is chilly, soaking wet, and the wind is howling. All of these things are to our potential benefit. But if they contribute to another turnover fest, we're screwed.
Here's to a 4 quarter game, a long bench, and playing like it's fun.
brodad

Post by brodad »

Laxgunea wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:38 am It is a terrible day for lacrosse in Geneva. It is chilly, soaking wet, and the wind is howling. All of these things are to our potential benefit. But if they contribute to another turnover fest, we're screwed.
Here's to a 4 quarter game, a long bench, and playing like it's fun.
Well said!
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

It was a "would've, could've" day. Out hustled on groundballs. More turnovers than St. Joes. Another twenty minute scoring drought ... this time to start the game. Clears below 80%. 0/4 on EMO. Only statistic where we outperformed St. Joes was 18 saves by Ellis ... he kept us in it.
I was at the game, and we looked heavy and slow. The D played well on 6 on 6 defense, but transitions defense was a cluster@$%. The O looked stale. Initial shots were outsiders, but we have no cannon to deliver those. Ted says there is still a possibility for the A10 tournament. HPU game is for the season. Nothing guaranteed, and I wouldn't put money on the St. Bonnie's game. Taking us down would make their season. It's been coming for a while, but the 2024 season is on its last breath.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxgunea wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:01 pm It was a "would've, could've" day. Out hustled on groundballs. More turnovers than St. Joes. Another twenty minute scoring drought ... this time to start the game. Clears below 80%. 0/4 on EMO. Only statistic where we outperformed St. Joes was 18 saves by Ellis ... he kept us in it.
I was at the game, and we looked heavy and slow. The D played well on 6 on 6 defense, but transitions defense was a cluster@$%. The O looked stale. Initial shots were outsiders, but we have no cannon to deliver those. Ted says there is still a possibility for the A10 tournament. HPU game is for the season. Nothing guaranteed, and I wouldn't put money on the St. Bonnie's game. Taking us down would make their season. It's been coming for a while, but the 2024 season is on its last breath.
It has happened with this coach and similar scenario

https://hwsathletics.com/news/2010/4/13 ... 02550.aspx
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”