NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Chipzhoo

Re: NESCAC

Post by Chipzhoo »

choochooCharlie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:58 am Also saw a few offsides called on SLU. Football lines for the win.
This is your analysis? 3 offside calls against SLU was why they only scored 4 goals until well into the fourth quarter? I guess football lines are part of Midd's advantage at home.
laxrex

Post by laxrex »

I was at the Panther/Larries game with low expectations for Midd. Midd came to play and SLU had mid—week road game legs and brains. Go figure. The stats tell the story. Of late, MIDD looked great against Wes and SLU, and anywhere from awful to merely lethargic agains teams like Hamilton and Colby. The Panthers can be very good. They can also be dreadful. Like my golf game, you never know what you’re going to get on any given day.
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

Between the Midd ten man ride, some untimely penalties for SLU and the SLU FOGO getting two violations early in the 1st Q (and thus creating a much more even battle at the FO dot) there were stretches in the first half where SLU barely touched the ball.

Even when Midd got out of the ten man, the threat of it made SLU much more deliberate with their clearing game and really limited SLU's ability to generate much transition...forcing SLU into a 6v6 game against a hot zone.

Also: Midd #52 has an absolute CANNON. Dude was scary with his hands free.

Great win for Midd. They could be a tough out come NESCAC tournament time.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Crazy OT finish in Hartford - what a win for Trinity.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Crazy parity in the league this year. After beating Amherst and Tufts, down goes Wes to Trinity. Bowdoin destroys Colby, Williams over Hamilton.
HereForIt

Post by HereForIt »

CradleKing wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:57 am I know this list will be controversial, but it needs to be made. Might have some recency bias.
Here is my rankings for the best NESCAC schools to celebrate a win at:

1. Colby Ideal combination of not winning many home games and knowing how to party. Wins are rare enough to celebrate but can still be anticipated against the bottom half of the cac’.

2. Hamilton Beating Midd is cause to celebrate for the conts’. Have a day! Heard the Snarty’s go hard in upstate NY.

3. Trinity Dubbed one the “more fun” or “least lame” NESCAC’s, they would be #1 if not for the D1 transfers. Everyone knows they went D1 because they couldn’t handle the D3 party scene.

4. Wesleyan Pretty sure these guys just crush IPAs and talk about the glory days in 2018.

5. Williams Defensemen Ottobahn Nicholson and goalie Matt Wetmore beds have been causing problems for the Williams laundry services recently after the ladies in sage hall had to throw away all their sheets. These guys may not party but they f***.

6. Bowdoin Conversation topics include: Where do you summer? What prep school did you go to? What does your dad do?

7. Amherst Hard to celebrate when you’re getting kicked out of UMASS sig phi house every other weekend. Heard the wlax team only parties with drip king now, so the mammoth’s hang with the lovely ladies of Smith College. Not sure how rowdy they get.

8. Middlebury All these guys do is burn. Unsurprising considering their poor conditioning has led to a lackluster 5-5 start.

9. Tufts They win all the time. Not even fun anymore.

Honorable Mention:

Bates I couldn’t find any recent data of them celebrating a win in the NESCAC. Did some digging in the forums and didn’t get any leads. I took a trip up to the Lewiston public library, where a kind librarian showed me some old newspaper articles from the 1950s. Looked like a celebration of a win over Colby, but it was hard to make out the score as the photo was in black and white.

Connecticut College Forgot they were in the cac’.

Massive win for Trinity in an incredible back and forth game. Trinity went up 1 with ~30 seconds left in regulation, and then Wesleyan stung one with 6 seconds left off the faceoff.

Drawing back to this gem by CradleKing, it’s too bad the OT goal scorer is a D1 transfer, this would’ve been a Wednesday night to set the Bants apart from the pack on those rankings… :D
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

SouthieLax wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:07 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:36 pm
SouthieLax wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm Another rough day for the Laxattackjack and Choochoo crew as Middlebury blows out #4 and previously undefeated St. Lawrence. They are so terrible and overrated yet sit at 5-2 in conference and now have a win over a higher ranked team than any team down South has pulled off this year. Their losses are three top-10 teams, a Babson team that is easily top-15 and Hamilton (better team than Lynchburg). Marathon, not a sprint.
Going to laugh when Lynchburg gets in and Hamilton doesn't :lol:
If they win their AQ then they deserve it. But if you think Lynchburg 5-5 (with a forfeit win which is embarrassing for the very weak ODAC) is getting an at-large ahead of Hamilton 6-4 with head-to-head over Lynchburg…nope.
We still think Hamilton is getting in? :lol:
laxguy12389

Post by laxguy12389 »

Another rough day for the Laxattackjack and Choochoo crew as Middlebury blows out #4 and previously undefeated St. Lawrence. They are so terrible and overrated yet sit at 5-2 in conference and now have a win over a higher ranked team than any team down South has pulled off this year. Their losses are three top-10 teams, a Babson team that is easily top-15 and Hamilton (better team than Lynchburg). Marathon, not a sprint.
[/quote]

[/quote]

If they win their AQ then they deserve it. But if you think Lynchburg 5-5 (with a forfeit win which is embarrassing for the very weak ODAC) is getting an at-large ahead of Hamilton 6-4 with head-to-head over Lynchburg…nope.
[/quote]

[/quote]

The real question is if Stevenson were in the NESCAC this year, would they make the tournament? ...the NESCAC tournament, not the NCAA. With Williams at 6, Trinity at 7 and Hamilton at 8 I think they would have a VERY difficult time.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Ask Lynchburg who the tougher opponent was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

Great win for Trinity last night, showed tremendous resiliency and finished it off in OT!
Avidfoodeater

Post by Avidfoodeater »

Midd stepping it up. Pumped to see what they can do
Last edited by Avidfoodeater on Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

The next two weeks are big in the NESCAC. Right now - Five teams can win the league and get the home field for the tournament. Bowdoin sitting at 6-0 are the clear favorite but need to play William, Amherst, Wes, and Tufts. Not an easy last four game. Tufts 6-1 needs to play Middlebury, Amherst, and Bowdoin. Amherst 4-2 : Bates, Bowdoin, Tufts, and Trinity. Wes 5-2: Hamilton, Bowdoin, and Conn and finally Middlebury 5-2: Tufts, Trinity, and Williams. Bowdoin and Tufts have the toughest road remaining but control their fate. They win out, they are the regular season champs and have home field. The other teams need help since they have one more loss than Tufts but have easier schedules. The OCC games are going to be very important this year especially because the liberty league is so strong. With Middlebury win at SLU and hopefully an Amherst win at RPI, I think we can justify 2-3 more bids (in addition to the conference champion to the NCAA but it will be dependent on wins the at large bid.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

laxguy12389 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:01 pm Another rough day for the Laxattackjack and Choochoo crew as Middlebury blows out #4 and previously undefeated St. Lawrence. They are so terrible and overrated yet sit at 5-2 in conference and now have a win over a higher ranked team than any team down South has pulled off this year. Their losses are three top-10 teams, a Babson team that is easily top-15 and Hamilton (better team than Lynchburg). Marathon, not a sprint.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The real question is if Stevenson were in the NESCAC this year, would they make the tournament? ...the NESCAC tournament, not the NCAA. With Williams at 6, Trinity at 7 and Hamilton at 8 I think they would have a VERY difficult time.
[/quote]

The most outrageous comment yet. If Stevenson played in the NESCAC.....They don't so what's your point?
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

ah23 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:19 pm Ask Lynchburg who the tougher opponent was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Let's see Lynchburg in late April/May vs Hamilton. I have the burg by 3-5 goals.

Again Lynchburg makes it if they're number 2 in the ODAC anyway. Hamilton most likely struggles to make it out of their conference.

Hamilton acted like they won the Super Bowl that day in Mustang Stadium. Yes it was a great win, but don't see Hamilton beating them twice.
snowbunnylover

Post by snowbunnylover »

Those guys in Middletown need to figure it out.

Coach Raba somehow finds a way to get 5 D1 level players to take a fifth year at Wesleyan and spend another year of their lives chugging IPA's and watching entourage on each others couches. Even with that, the heck grit machines in Hartford still end up beating the heck out of them. Call it a one goal game call it whatever you want, Wesleyan just beat tufts. Seems like its the same thing as last year where the bants decide to put the natty light down and focus on lacrosse and realize they are a top 4 team in the conference. I am sure last night they were blacked face down at the Russian Lady running up a heinous tab on their fathers amex cards - rightfully so, heck boys just beat the most fraudulent top 10 team in the country. Anyways Bowdoin is also a heck wagon, Wesleyan fifth years need to put down the sticks and go work at blackrock, Trinity is the Blue Mountain State of D3 lacrosse, this league is a heck toss up I have never seen in my life.

Bants? Why not go all the way boys, got some serious heck juice up your sleeves.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

snowbunnylover wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:40 am Those guys in Middletown need to figure it out.

Coach Raba somehow finds a way to get 5 D1 level players to take a fifth year at Wesleyan and spend another year of their lives chugging IPA's and watching entourage on each others couches. Even with that, the heck grit machines in Hartford still end up beating the heck out of them. Call it a one goal game call it whatever you want, Wesleyan just beat tufts. Seems like its the same thing as last year where the bants decide to put the natty light down and focus on lacrosse and realize they are a top 4 team in the conference. I am sure last night they were blacked face down at the Russian Lady running up a heinous tab on their fathers amex cards - rightfully so, heck boys just beat the most fraudulent top 10 team in the country. Anyways Bowdoin is also a heck wagon, Wesleyan fifth years need to put down the sticks and go work at blackrock, Trinity is the Blue Mountain State of D3 lacrosse, this league is a heck toss up I have never seen in my life.

Bants? Why not go all the way boys, got some serious heck juice up your sleeves.
What the heck?
snowbunnylover

Post by snowbunnylover »

forums gotten soft. replaced my f**ks with heck. is what it is you get the point. bants get it done.
bonesnjnts

Post by bonesnjnts »

Trinity continues to roll. Got a goalie who is hot and not getting much pub about it. Told you all the goalie room at Trinity was fine.

They play chippy and the refs dont like it.

Only 4 more league gamesand they actually have a chance for a home game in the first round. Last 3/4 games on the road so there's that.
Not saying its a lock at all, but as a Bantam dad fun to think about the upside right now.

Hottest team in the NESCAC. Might be the team no one wants to play in the tournament.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

laxguy12389 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:01 pm Another rough day for the Laxattackjack and Choochoo crew as Middlebury blows out #4 and previously undefeated St. Lawrence. They are so terrible and overrated yet sit at 5-2 in conference and now have a win over a higher ranked team than any team down South has pulled off this year. Their losses are three top-10 teams, a Babson team that is easily top-15 and Hamilton (better team than Lynchburg). Marathon, not a sprint.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
why is this a bad day for me? what am i missing.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

SouthieLax wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm Another rough day for the Laxattackjack and Choochoo crew as Middlebury blows out #4 and previously undefeated St. Lawrence. They are so terrible and overrated yet sit at 5-2 in conference and now have a win over a higher ranked team than any team down South has pulled off this year. Their losses are three top-10 teams, a Babson team that is easily top-15 and Hamilton (better team than Lynchburg). Marathon, not a sprint.
Pretty tough to question the South unless Salisbury has been moved from Maryland. Have beaten 7 teams from 2023 NCAA tournament plus Stevenson in first 13 games. Nothing less than a 5 goal spread. 20 Nat Finals in last 30 years. Enough said regarding the South.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”