The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:29 pm Biden is irate at his chitty polling vs trump.

I cleaned it up for those of you out there with young children.

What the f*#@& is going on here? How can I be losing to this mother f*$#@£π§ piece of f$&@* s*#&@ . I want f#@&%π£ from you a#$holes and I want them now. Do I have to do all of the f*$#ing thinking? :D Good old mild mannered Joe... :D
Sounds like he's fully mentally competent if that's his assessment of his opponent.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:36 am Sheesh....cha-ching: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-ca ... kuslKR5N4f
Billionaires

Nonetheless, Biden continues to outraise Trump and DNC way ahead of RNC.

The money in politics is gross.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:29 pm
OCanada wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:52 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:51 am
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:20 pmWhy don't you concentrate on how a liberal Democrat in the 60s doesn't resemble a liberal Democrat in 2024? Since MD won't answer maybe you will. How come MD lax will never be nominated as keynote speaker at the RNC? :D
Has the Democratic Party changed from the 60's to the 20's more than the Republican Party has changed in that same time?

The answer is pretty clearly "NO", right? Will you concede that?

The jockeying between the Establishment wing of the D party and the more Progressive wing has taken on new flavors over that time, but the "far left", broadly stroked, has NOT no-how, no-way been completely captured by their far flank like the R's have been.

No keynote speakership for that very reason, the RNC is made up of nothing but far right whackjobs that want EVERY employee there to be an election denier.

Is that plain enough for you, Cranky?

So how many " right thinking" modern day southpaws are anti abortion?? Don't think about it too hard lemon head you'll get a brain cramp. ;)

Aw shucks you forgot to mention those who believe in choice regardless of their opinion on abortion. Their opinion recognizes it is never just about the action of abortion it is much bigger than that.

I find religious zealots who like to quote bible verses out of contact and swear by their literal truth oon this issue interesting. Fetuses are people to them. God says life begins at birth though
That wasn't the issue oh great Canuck. The issue was how liberals in 2024 are different from liberals of 1974. If you were a devout liberal Catholic in 1974 like my entire family was abortion was considered murder because the Pope and the Catholic Church believed life began at conception. I took 4 years of theology at my Catholic HS that drilled that concept into your brain constantly. So enlighten me what kind of a flak a liberal will receive in 2024 if they process to be pro-life?? You would be about as welcome as MD lax would be at the RNC. :D
Recently when I have had discussion with Catholics many years past what I was indoctrinated into there is a new line of Catholic thinking. They will NEVER admit abortion violates gods law. They will tell you with a twinkle in their eyes...love the sinner and hate the sin. Is that what Jesus would say? This is the same Jesus that in a fit of rage threw all of the money changers out of his father's house.
I can’t speak to the issue of dysfunctional values they develop.

The abortion bill passed with strong bi-partisan support.

The GOP of the 60s and 70s is dead. Nary a scrap survives. It is in chaos. The national party no longer has a Platform spelling out its goals and priorities in the election. Texas has seccesh in its.

The Catholic Church as an entity did not consider abortion murder bcs the bible defined when life began. Many Catholics preferred choice and still do.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:05 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:29 pm
OCanada wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:52 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:51 am
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:20 pmWhy don't you concentrate on how a liberal Democrat in the 60s doesn't resemble a liberal Democrat in 2024? Since MD won't answer maybe you will. How come MD lax will never be nominated as keynote speaker at the RNC? :D
Has the Democratic Party changed from the 60's to the 20's more than the Republican Party has changed in that same time?

The answer is pretty clearly "NO", right? Will you concede that?

The jockeying between the Establishment wing of the D party and the more Progressive wing has taken on new flavors over that time, but the "far left", broadly stroked, has NOT no-how, no-way been completely captured by their far flank like the R's have been.

No keynote speakership for that very reason, the RNC is made up of nothing but far right whackjobs that want EVERY employee there to be an election denier.

Is that plain enough for you, Cranky?

So how many " right thinking" modern day southpaws are anti abortion?? Don't think about it too hard lemon head you'll get a brain cramp. ;)

Aw shucks you forgot to mention those who believe in choice regardless of their opinion on abortion. Their opinion recognizes it is never just about the action of abortion it is much bigger than that.

I find religious zealots who like to quote bible verses out of contact and swear by their literal truth oon this issue interesting. Fetuses are people to them. God says life begins at birth though
That wasn't the issue oh great Canuck. The issue was how liberals in 2024 are different from liberals of 1974. If you were a devout liberal Catholic in 1974 like my entire family was abortion was considered murder because the Pope and the Catholic Church believed life began at conception. I took 4 years of theology at my Catholic HS that drilled that concept into your brain constantly. So enlighten me what kind of a flak a liberal will receive in 2024 if they process to be pro-life?? You would be about as welcome as MD lax would be at the RNC. :D
Recently when I have had discussion with Catholics many years past what I was indoctrinated into there is a new line of Catholic thinking. They will NEVER admit abortion violates gods law. They will tell you with a twinkle in their eyes...love the sinner and hate the sin. Is that what Jesus would say? This is the same Jesus that in a fit of rage threw all of the money changers out of his father's house.
I can’t speak to the issue of dysfunctional values they develop.

The abortion bill passed with strong bi-partisan support.

The GOP of the 60s and 70s is dead. Nary a scrap survives. It is in chaos. The national party no longer has a Platform spelling out its goals and priorities in the election. Texas has seccesh in its.

The Catholic Church as an entity did not consider abortion murder bcs the bible defined when life began. Many Catholics preferred choice and still do.
That is not what the Catholic Church I grew up in espoused. Those 4 years I spent in Catholic HS showed no ambiguity at all about life beginning at conception on the part of Catholic dogma. That was way back in the mid 70s. I guess the leaders of the Catholic Church have become more lenient as decades have past. This may explain why I gave up on Catholicism soon after HS.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Yeah, well, if you "understood" Catholic Dogma when you were in high school like you "understand" politics in the present, it's little wonder why you'd be confused to the point of feeling like you had to "give up" on your church back then. Weak sauce...kinda like many of your opinions on today's politics... :lol: :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:00 pm Yeah, well, if you "understood" Catholic Dogma when you were in high school like you "understand" politics in the present, it's little wonder why you'd be confused to the point of feeling like you had to "give up" on your church back then. Weak sauce...kinda like many of your opinions on today's politics... :lol: :lol:

I understand that in 1976 when I graduated HS the Catholic Church was rock solid against abortion. What happened to Catholic dogma after that I have no idea. I know that today the Catholic Church is flexible in their opinion on abortion. Love the sinner and hate the sin is the new company line. For all I know the 10 commandments are now the 10 suggestions. I gave up on liberalism too. Too many people like you are liberals. Angry, hate filled intolerant people that think they have all of the answers.
The mass has ended, go in peace.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... cret-plan/

"Trump’s proposal consists of pushing Ukraine to cede Crimea and the Donbas border region to Russia, according to people who discussed it with Trump or his advisers and spoke on the condition of anonymity because those conversations were confidential. That approach, which has not been previously reported, would dramatically reverse President Biden’s policy, which has emphasized curtailing Russian aggression and providing military aid to Ukraine."

So Trump's plan is simply to force Ukraine to give up Crimea and Donbas, providing, he thinks, a "face-saving" way out for Russia and Ukraine. The reality of this, of course, would be the collapse of the post-WWII world order, a signal that the law of force now supersedes the force of law, and a face plant for NATO and the utility of multi-national treaty organizations. It would almost certainly result not in any face-saving for Russia, but in a green light to pause, regroup, and attack again from the more advantageous position, threatening the smaller former Soviet Republics. He proposes just giving Russia both the win, and the doorway to more empire.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:41 am
dislaxxic wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:00 pm Yeah, well, if you "understood" Catholic Dogma when you were in high school like you "understand" politics in the present, it's little wonder why you'd be confused to the point of feeling like you had to "give up" on your church back then. Weak sauce...kinda like many of your opinions on today's politics... :lol: :lol:

I understand that in 1976 when I graduated HS the Catholic Church was rock solid against abortion. What happened to Catholic dogma after that I have no idea. I know that today the Catholic Church is flexible in their opinion on abortion. Love the sinner and hate the sin is the new company line. For all I know the 10 commandments are now the 10 suggestions. I gave up on liberalism too. Too many people like you are liberals. Angry, hate filled intolerant people that think they have all of the answers.
The Catholic Church hierarchy in Rome was also ‘rock solid’ on all contraception in 1976, but depending on your parish, you’d likely find younger priests reflecting the majority of their parishioners who embraced contraception and family planning. Likewise, you’d have found priests ministering to women who chose abortion without condemning them as sinners.

My father ‘left’ the Catholic Church to marry my Episcopalian mother largely over the Catholic stance on contraception, though he continued to sometimes go to Catholic services late in life…but mostly Episcopal. That was in 1957, but the opposition to contraception was still the official stance from the Vatican and most parishes throughout the 70’s and ‘80’s.

Right wing parish priests then and now condemned both contraception and abortion at any stage. The American Catholic Church lost a lot of parishioners as a result of that hard stance, though immigrants from South America replenished some of that loss. Of course, the big trauma was in the realization of how disgusting the hierarchy had been in knowingly protecting thousands of priests who had preyed on children of both sexes.

They continue to have a big problem with the male priesthood…and celibacy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:36 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... cret-plan/

"Trump’s proposal consists of pushing Ukraine to cede Crimea and the Donbas border region to Russia, according to people who discussed it with Trump or his advisers and spoke on the condition of anonymity because those conversations were confidential. That approach, which has not been previously reported, would dramatically reverse President Biden’s policy, which has emphasized curtailing Russian aggression and providing military aid to Ukraine."

So Trump's plan is simply to force Ukraine to give up Crimea and Donbas, providing, he thinks, a "face-saving" way out for Russia and Ukraine. The reality of this, of course, would be the collapse of the post-WWII world order, a signal that the law of force now supersedes the force of law, and a face plant for NATO and the utility of multi-national treaty organizations. It would almost certainly result not in any face-saving for Russia, but in a green light to pause, regroup, and attack again from the more advantageous position, threatening the smaller former Soviet Republics. He proposes just giving Russia both the win, and the doorway to more empire.
Always for personal power and profit.
Short time horizon.
Never principle, country or world.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:52 am

The Catholic Church hierarchy in Rome was also ‘rock solid’ on all contraception in 1976, but depending on your parish, you’d likely find younger priests reflecting the majority of their parishioners who embraced contraception and family planning. Likewise, you’d have found priests ministering to women who chose abortion without condemning them as sinners.

My father ‘left’ the Catholic Church to marry my Episcopalian mother largely over the Catholic stance on contraception, though he continued to sometimes go to Catholic services late in life…but mostly Episcopal. That was in 1957, but the opposition to contraception was still the official stance from the Vatican and most parishes throughout the 70’s and ‘80’s.

Right wing parish priests then and now condemned both contraception and abortion at any stage. The American Catholic Church lost a lot of parishioners as a result of that hard stance, though immigrants from South America replenished some of that loss. Of course, the big trauma was in the realization of how disgusting the hierarchy had been in knowingly protecting thousands of priests who had preyed on children of both sexes.

High Church? “Smells and bells?”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:55 pm

High Church? “Smells and bells?”
We were pretty low church....which is my preference. My mom now goes to a high church in Florida, but it's very nice community, small and old, pretty. Great sunrise service on Easter!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

And we are over hear fighting over real issues, meanwhile, this is what is going on today: https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... o=US&hl=en

Interesting comparison between Joe and Don: https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... iden&hl=en
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:26 pm And we are over hear fighting over real issues, meanwhile, this is what is going on today: https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... o=US&hl=en

Interesting comparison between Joe and Don: https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... iden&hl=en
The eyes hurt is funny.

I don’t think the other tells us anything at all.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

When I was in HS even condoms were frowned upon as birth control by the Catholic Church. I never understood the logic but at that point in time the church was all tangled up in the issue of birth control and abortion. I remember the only approved method of bc was the "rhythm method" often referred to as Catholic Roulette.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:10 am

When I was in HS even condoms were frowned upon as birth control by the Catholic Church. I never understood the logic but at that point in time the church was all tangled up in the issue of birth control and abortion. I remember the only approved method of bc was the "rhythm method" often referred to as Catholic Roulette.
Yes, you apparently were raised in a ‘conservative’ parish. They still exist.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:29 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:29 pm Biden is irate at his chitty polling vs trump.

I cleaned it up for those of you out there with young children.

What the f*#@& is going on here? How can I be losing to this mother f*$#@£π§ piece of f$&@* s*#&@ . I want f#@&%π£ from you a#$holes and I want them now. Do I have to do all of the f*$#ing thinking? :D Good old mild mannered Joe... :D
Sounds like he's fully mentally competent if that's his assessment of his opponent.
Joe has a more colorful vocabulary than I do. Too bad he didn't toss out some of those zingers during his SotU speech. There are 2 Joes. There is the kind and gentle grandpa Joe who speaks in whispers. Then there is not so kind and gentle Joe who cusses out his own people in private with a vulgarity level that is off the charts. My question is this, which Joe Biden is the real Joe Biden? 8-) I vote for mother effing Joe being the real deal.

If these 2 clowns have a debate this fall it should be an affair rated R for language.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The stakes on women’s health : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0BVeL_jzKE
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:25 am The stakes on women’s health : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0BVeL_jzKE
Powerful aid!

What I do not understand is how the medical field would not already know that a woman carrying a lifeless fetus with no amniotic fluid would not ultimately end in problematic medical/personal complication. Not to mention, the lifeless fetus, essentially deemed her no longer pregnant...so would it have been an abortion by definition?
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:25 am The stakes on women’s health : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0BVeL_jzKE
Powerful aid!

What I do not understand is how the medical field would not already know that a woman carrying a lifeless fetus with no amniotic fluid would not ultimately end in problematic medical/personal complication. Not to mention, the lifeless fetus, essentially deemed her no longer pregnant...so would it have been an abortion by definition?
OB-GYNs in many states are now threatened with loss of license or even jail under the statutes passed. It’s up to the courts to adjudicate whether an abortive procedure is or was legally acceptable and in some states people unrelated to the situation can force an action against the doctors…and they’re organized to do so. Even rewarded for doing so.

Exceptions for the life of the mother puts the onus on the doctor to prove the likelihood of death and there typically aren’t exceptions around viability of a fetus or the risk to future pregnancies. After all, in these people’s mindset, miracles do happen and it’s in God’s hands.

That’s the outcome of Dobbs…and returning it to state legislatures captured by far right extremism.

If not fixed at a federal level, it may take a decade or more of voter outrage to overturn the extremists, with a very real possibility of Gilead-like split, consolidating extremists in a handful of southern states. Migration out by those with wherewithal.

But I think it will not come to the latter as I think we will eventually have a federal return to something akin to Roe based on viability outside of the womb as the floor basic right, with doctors and pregnant woman making those calls at any stage including late stage. Get the government out of the decisions again. But the GOP is going to need to lose a lot of election cycles.

Return to “POLITICS”