F&M 16, Salisbury 15 OT

D3 Womens Lacrosse
LarryGamLax

F&M 16, Salisbury 15 OT

Post by LarryGamLax »

I watched this game and it was ridiculous. Salisbury jumped out to a 2-0 lead on their Home Field. Suddenly the Diplomats went on a 5 goal run to take the momentum and a 3 goal lead. Then Salisbury got angry and went on a 7 straight goal barrage taking the lead and momentum back. They scored 8 of the next nine, including the 7 straight. Salisbury went on to score 5 of the next 7 goals to take a 15-8 lead with 12:44 left in the 4th quarter. Then....it got REALLY WILD! In something that I don't think I have ever seen, F&M went on an 8-0 run to not only tie the game in regulation, but to win it in overtime as well. And the last 3 goals were scored by Gillian Brennan(my favorite F&M player) and the game tying and game winner were 1v1 gems.
Very exciting game ad lots of fun to watch. respect to both teams and Coaches.
lovelax

Re: F&M 16, Salisbury 15 OT

Post by lovelax »

This matchup shows why no lead is safe in this great game. Very fan friendly. The best move was to eliminate the shot clock in 2017 and 2018. Win the draw, score and repeat. it was a very entertaining game to watch.

What surprised me was the shaky goaltending on both sides. I have seen many games this year and have not yet seen consistently good goaltending. W&L goalie amazing in season opener v F&M then had trouble the next few games. Coaches are pulling goalies at an unprecedented rate. Maybe the team with the hot goalie goes the farthest this year?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

lovelax wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:49 pm This matchup shows why no lead is safe in this great game. Very fan friendly. The best move was to eliminate the shot clock in 2017 and 2018. Win the draw, score and repeat. it was a very entertaining game to watch.

What surprised me was the shaky goaltending on both sides. I have seen many games this year and have not yet seen consistently good goaltending. W&L goalie amazing in season opener v F&M then had trouble the next few games. Coaches are pulling goalies at an unprecedented rate. Maybe the team with the hot goalie goes the farthest this year?
I agree with your take. The Goalie thing bothers me greatly. It should be better than this, but they are not being taught the correct things.
I have been criticized in this Forum for saying this same stuff about Goalies, but people seem to enjoy mediocrity at this position and try to pass it off as excellence. they never worked for me...and it still doesn't. The position is way too IMPORTANT to settle for whatever.
lax410

Post by lax410 »

What do you see that goalies aren’t being taught? What do you see in this game that made you single out goalie play. I admit goalie is the position I am the least confident about judging.

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”