Instant Replay

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Instant Replay

Post by wgdsr »

best i can tell, replay is being used for hits, crease calls and questionable goals. the latter 2 are inclusive for challenges? in this case, i haven't checked the rules and probably will.

just witnessed an on-the-couch replay (nd-duke) from accn that clearly showed the ball in by 2 or 3 feet and spin out, and the refs 100 couldn't get the same look from their replay or the sun on the screen down by the field.

this rule was put into effect bc of the final 4 crease call last year. are we going to get something similar this year? unintended consequences. is there any chance they'll have booth review?
jhu06

Re: Instant Replay

Post by jhu06 »

is it mandated by the ncaa in the conference and may tournaments?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu06 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:21 pm is it mandated by the ncaa in the conference and may tournaments?
conference tournaments i doubt it. once the tournament starts, i would expect so.
coda

Post by coda »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:48 pm best i can tell, replay is being used for hits, crease calls and questionable goals. the latter 2 are inclusive for challenges? in this case, i haven't checked the rules and probably will.

just witnessed an on-the-couch replay (nd-duke) from accn that clearly showed the ball in by 2 or 3 feet and spin out, and the refs 100 couldn't get the same look from their replay or the sun on the screen down by the field.

this rule was put into effect bc of the final 4 crease call last year. are we going to get something similar this year? unintended consequences. is there any chance they'll have booth review?
That was a terrible call. It always like 5x more annoying to watch them review something and still mess it up

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”