Notre Dame 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
coda

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by coda »

BigTurn wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:19 pm Irish played sloppy for stretches, including most of the second half. Continued to try to jam it in to Taylor and other mids inside when it was clear Cuse was set on taking that away. 1st and 2nd mids were absolutely abusing Cuse’s SSDM’s in the first half, not sure why they got away from that in the second.

This is the deepest O in the country to my eye with Cornell not far behind. Play clean and there’s no reason they shouldn’t be playing in late May again.
At this point of the season ND is the most complete team.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

coda wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:29 pm
BigTurn wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:19 pm Irish played sloppy for stretches, including most of the second half. Continued to try to jam it in to Taylor and other mids inside when it was clear Cuse was set on taking that away. 1st and 2nd mids were absolutely abusing Cuse’s SSDM’s in the first half, not sure why they got away from that in the second.

This is the deepest O in the country to my eye with Cornell not far behind. Play clean and there’s no reason they shouldn’t be playing in late May again.
I agree, though haven’t seen much of UVA this year. But as we know from ND ‘15 & ‘16 teams, talent alone is not enough to hoist the trophy. Theyre deeper in the midfield than those, but they took their foot off the gas Saturday and things got tight against a team they were handling.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Can't wait for next month of ND v Cornell, ACC games, then tourney. While B10 and Ivies have slightly narrowed gap, ACC still clearly the elite conference. ND's offensive diversity impressive - much less reliant on production from attack than last year, and elevated FO success has been great. Syracuse most improved vs. last year, credit to Gait and staff. Believe ND most complete, but, May games usually one-goal affairs, and handful of teams could win it.
mikeybates

Post by mikeybates »

BigTurn wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:34 pm

I agree, though haven’t seen much of UVA this year. But as we know from ND ‘15 & ‘16 teams, talent alone is not enough to hoist the trophy. Theyre deeper in the midfield than those, but they took their foot off the gas Saturday and things got tight against a team they were handling.
That's true, although the main reason ND lost in 2015 is that Baptiste won 80% of faceoffs, or something, and then DU would hold the ball for 5 minutes. The shot clock makes that less of an issue obviously. Plus ND has been better at winning faceoffs.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

mikeybates wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:04 am
BigTurn wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:34 pm

That's true, although the main reason ND lost in 2015 is that Baptiste won 80% of faceoffs, or something, and then DU would hold the ball for 5 minutes. The shot clock makes that less of an issue obviously. Plus ND has been better at winning faceoffs.
Yup, also Kav was hiding a hip injury the entire second half of ‘15. Barely even practiced. Same faceoff issue in ‘14 vs. Duke in the natty. Went down earlier with Fowler dominating at the X.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

So excited for the game Sunday against Duke. National Championship rematch, Duke's celebrating the 10-year anniversary of beating the Irish in the championship, #1 vs #3, this game really has it all. I think what I'm most interested to see is how the Irish defend Brennan O'Neill. He was basically shut down by Chris Fake in both games last year. You'd have to assume Notre Dame is going to continue what they're doing and put the freshman Shawn Lyght on him. Will he be able to hold up and limit him? It's a tough ask but he's held his own all year so far against the #1 threat on opposing teams. Also the faceoff battle should be exciting. Let's hope Will Lynch continues his fantastic year and makes this an advantage for ND.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

azim21 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:32 pm So excited for the game Sunday against Duke. National Championship rematch, Duke's celebrating the 10-year anniversary of beating the Irish in the championship, #1 vs #3, this game really has it all. I think what I'm most interested to see is how the Irish defend Brennan O'Neill. He was basically shut down by Chris Fake in both games last year. You'd have to assume Notre Dame is going to continue what they're doing and put the freshman Shawn Lyght on him. Will he be able to hold up and limit him? It's a tough ask but he's held his own all year so far against the #1 threat on opposing teams. Also the faceoff battle should be exciting. Let's hope Will Lynch continues his fantastic year and makes this an advantage for ND.
Would love nothing more than for ND to take it to Duke this Sunday and make a statement. IMO, i think Duke is a little overrated and have been surprisingly underperforming, but they are Duke and you cannot write them off. I think it will be huge for ND to put them away early and not let them back in if it is anything like the Cuse game. Lynch V Oneill will be exciting to watch.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Kavanagh must be jealous of Faison and wants to be a two-sport athlete as well... practicing for soccer tryouts. No doubt they are phenomenal lacrosse players, but these theatrics have to stop. Last thing we need are young players flailing about trying to draw a flag.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

RumorMill wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:54 pm Kavanagh must be jealous of Faison and wants to be a two-sport athlete as well... practicing for soccer tryouts. No doubt they are phenomenal lacrosse players, but these theatrics have to stop. Last thing we need are young players flailing about trying to draw a flag.
He very cleared faked an injury after losing the ball out of bounds. Writhing in pain on the ground but then comes back in 5 seconds later
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

It appears some of the ND team is ready to play professional soccer in Europe.

What a bunch of sandbaggers. Cavanaugh and Entenmann, looking for a call.

Oh, and that was a goal by Duke.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

another great play by dobson.

i can't take these clowns in the booth. they clearly called an unnecessary roughness. you can call that for any hit, anywhere, anytime. the fact that they have no idea what the rules are and opine on them so often is comical.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:56 pm
RumorMill wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:54 pm Kavanagh must be jealous of Faison and wants to be a two-sport athlete as well... practicing for soccer tryouts. No doubt they are phenomenal lacrosse players, but these theatrics have to stop. Last thing we need are young players flailing about trying to draw a flag.
He very cleared faked an injury after losing the ball out of bounds. Writhing in pain on the ground but then comes back in 5 seconds later
Or watching LeBron….3 sport? 😂😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Quint Kessenich,

"Seek Love!"
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:00 pm It appears some of the ND team is ready to play professional soccer in Europe.

What a bunch of sandbaggers. Cavanaugh and Entenmann, looking for a call.

Oh, and that was a goal by Duke.
It's the culture at Notre Dame and comes from the top down. Outside of Notre Dame parents, the only ones who think the Kavanaughs are a positive in the college game are the interns at IL.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

"The Growth of the Game"
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

He had surgery on that same shoulder 9 months ago…
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:43 pm
Fine, "exaggerated" is probably a better word than faked. Not the first time it's happened
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:49 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:43 pm
Fine, "exaggerated" is probably a better word than faked. Not the first time it's happened
What do you think is even gained by “exaggerating” an injury? Refs aren’t calling penalties based on whether they think guys got injured. Someone’s still butt hurt about last years quarterfinals.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:51 pm

Refs aren’t calling penalties based on whether they think guys got injured.
You sure about that Mr. Kavanagh?
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:52 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:51 pm

Refs aren’t calling penalties based on whether they think guys got injured.
You sure about that Mr. Kavanagh?
I guess id be upset too if my team hadn’t done anything in 15 years and had my season ended twice by the Irish in the last 5.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”