Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
MolonLaxe

Re: Games Today

Post by MolonLaxe »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:18 pm
BigRedChant wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:11 pm Coastal played their best most complete game of season. Coastal goalie played out of her mind.

Not sure what Liberty accomplished playing such a tough schedule- whereas Coastal has clearly built itself up with their preconference schedule
Maybe you folks need a Coastal Carolina thread? Just a thought.
Nah, there's nothing really fun for Coastal from here on out until they play against Jacksonville or the ASUN tourney. Some people just don't want to eat that crow I guess? There were only ASUN games on today and I had to bring the game up given all the trash talking over the past week or so--it was fair game. Just stirring the pot.

Friday is going to be really boring given the only game on is Cinci vs OSU. Maryland vs Northwestern is the only game that interests me at all this weekend. I'll probably avoid everything else.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

I think UVA Louisville will be a close one and can see Louisville winning a one goal game , can you say outcoached ,. I have heard a lot from this site about how great the Lamonicas’s have been for this program just have not seen the results .
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

ACClaxfan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:56 pm I think UVA Louisville will be a close one and can see Louisville winning a one goal game , can you say outcoached ,. I have heard a lot from this site about how great the Lamonicas’s have been for this program just have not seen the results .
You'll find a larger group of people that will lambast Teeter for how his career at Louisville has gone.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:08 pm
ACClaxfan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:56 pm I think UVA Louisville will be a close one and can see Louisville winning a one goal game , can you say outcoached ,. I have heard a lot from this site about how great the Lamonicas’s have been for this program just have not seen the results .
You'll find a larger group of people that will lambast Teeter for how his career at Louisville has gone.
The last time Louisville had a winning record at the end of a full season was back in 2017. Since Scott Teeter took over in 2018 the Cardinals are a dismal 39-69, and a positively putrid 6-43 vs the ACC. How he still has his job is stunning.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

The LaMonica's have had a half season under their belt in Charlottesville so far. Have the Hoos ranked in the top 10 this year (I know outside looking in currently). Are a lock for the tournament. And have one bad loss to Duke. What team doesn't have a bad loss at this point? Pretty sure NU's loss to PSU is much more surprising than Duke taking down the Hoos. Anyway, seems like it's a nice change of pace down in Charlottesville and UVA is having a nice season thus far. And ZERO chance they lose to Louisville.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:44 am
The last time Louisville had a winning record at the end of a full season was back in 2017. Since Scott Teeter took over in 2018 the Cardinals are a dismal 39-69, and a positively putrid 6-43 vs the ACC. How he still has his job is stunning.
It’s brutal being a bottom team in the ACC.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Brownlax wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:23 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:44 am
It’s brutal being a bottom team in the ACC.
At least you get on tv a lot. 🤷🏻‍♂️
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

I don't think this is too far-fetched. Louisville puts up plenty of goals and UVA gives up over 10 per game. Weird start time on the road. UVA will want to arrive fully committed and not the the Cards hang around.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Cincinnati playing with more fire, up 9-7 at the half.
Looks like we're getting the bird's eye B1G camera angle
for this one.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

This victory for the Bearcats has to feel real good for Coach Oliver, an all-time OSU player, who has not been given a shot at the job the two times that it has been open in the last 7 years.
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

I think NU will not have much trouble with the Terps today. NU has great ball movement and a plethora of scorers. I have a question , for a number of years now NU offense pulls the ball out high on the wing and the adjacent offensive player drives directly into the defender on ball while the offensive player with the ball dodges. This is never called a moving pick and is very effective at freeing up the shooter. Am I missing something ? How is it that this obvious interference is never called. NU has some outstanding shooters and this play is so effective.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

GratefulRed wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:04 am
I don't think this is too far-fetched. Louisville puts up plenty of goals and UVA gives up over 10 per game. Weird start time on the road. UVA will want to arrive fully committed and not the the Cards hang around.
Agreed. 3-2 after one quarter and teams are pretty even. Louisville has a bad tendency to collapse in the second half so wait and see... I'm hoping for an upset and Louisville for the win!
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

belleoftheball wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:01 pm
GratefulRed wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:04 am
Agreed. 3-2 after one quarter and teams are pretty even. Louisville has a bad tendency to collapse in the second half so wait and see... I'm hoping for an upset and Louisville for the win!
My takeaway so far: Louisville is, as always, its own worse enemy. Turnovers killing them.

I hadn't been able to watch a UVA game this season, so had potentially bought into the hype. Not very impressed so far, a lot of standing and watching in the offense. Seem to be waking up a bit in the 4Q though...
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

Meanwhile, it's 7-7 UNC VT in the 3rd quarter :shock:
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

JMU ties with Temple. WTH. Looked like my pre season prediction about JMU may actually come true. 😳

And this Penn State Michigan game looks to be a blowout early.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Anyone listening to these two guys at the Syracuse-Pitt game at CNS?
Bart

Post by Bart »

I don’t think changing goalies is going to matter.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Bart wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:49 pm I don’t think changing goalies is going to matter.
No, I agree. Please clear the bench.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Rutgers currently ahead 9-7 over JHU
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:40 pm Rutgers currently ahead 9-7 over JHU
Tied at 12 with 43 seconds left

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”