NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxdad457

Re: NESCAC

Post by Laxdad457 »

CradleKing wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:57 am I know this list will be controversial, but it needs to be made. Might have some recency bias.
Here is my rankings for the best NESCAC schools to celebrate a win at:

1. Colby Ideal combination of not winning many home games and knowing how to party. Wins are rare enough to celebrate but can still be anticipated against the bottom half of the cac’.

2. Hamilton Beating Midd is cause to celebrate for the conts’. Have a day! Heard the Snarty’s go hard in upstate NY.

3. Trinity Dubbed one the “more fun” or “least lame” NESCAC’s, they would be #1 if not for the D1 transfers. Everyone knows they went D1 because they couldn’t handle the D3 party scene.

4. Wesleyan Pretty sure these guys just crush IPAs and talk about the glory days in 2018.

5. Williams Defensemen Ottobahn Nicholson and goalie Matt Wetmore beds have been causing problems for the Williams laundry services recently after the ladies in sage hall had to throw away all their sheets. These guys may not party but they f***.

6. Bowdoin Conversation topics include: Where do you summer? What prep school did you go to? What does your dad do?

7. Amherst Hard to celebrate when you’re getting kicked out of UMASS sig phi house every other weekend. Heard the wlax team only parties with drip king now, so the mammoth’s hang with the lovely ladies of Smith College. Not sure how rowdy they get.

8. Middlebury All these guys do is burn. Unsurprising considering their poor conditioning has led to a lackluster 5-5 start.

9. Tufts They win all the time. Not even fun anymore.

Honorable Mention:

Bates I couldn’t find any recent data of them celebrating a win in the NESCAC. Did some digging in the forums and didn’t get any leads. I took a trip up to the Lewiston public library, where a kind librarian showed me some old newspaper articles from the 1950s. Looked like a celebration of a win over Colby, but it was hard to make out the score as the photo was in black and white.

Connecticut College Forgot they were in the cac’.
:lol: Do you think these boys get as plastered after wins as we did back in the day?
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Laxdad457 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm
CradleKing wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:57 am I know this list will be controversial, but it needs to be made. Might have some recency bias.

1. Colby Ideal combination of not winning many home games and knowing how to party. Wins are rare enough to celebrate but can still be anticipated against the bottom half of the cac’.

2. Hamilton Beating Midd is cause to celebrate for the conts’. Have a day! Heard the Snarty’s go hard in upstate NY.

3. Trinity Dubbed one the “more fun” or “least lame” NESCAC’s, they would be #1 if not for the D1 transfers. Everyone knows they went D1 because they couldn’t handle the D3 party scene.

4. Wesleyan Pretty sure these guys just crush IPAs and talk about the glory days in 2018.

5. Williams Defensemen Ottobahn Nicholson and goalie Matt Wetmore beds have been causing problems for the Williams laundry services recently after the ladies in sage hall had to throw away all their sheets. These guys may not party but they f***.

6. Bowdoin Conversation topics include: Where do you summer? What prep school did you go to? What does your dad do?

7. Amherst Hard to celebrate when you’re getting kicked out of UMASS sig phi house every other weekend. Heard the wlax team only parties with drip king now, so the mammoth’s hang with the lovely ladies of Smith College. Not sure how rowdy they get.

8. Middlebury All these guys do is burn. Unsurprising considering their poor conditioning has led to a lackluster 5-5 start.

Honorable Mention:

Bates I couldn’t find any recent data of them celebrating a win in the NESCAC. Did some digging in the forums and didn’t get any leads. I took a trip up to the Lewiston public library, where a kind librarian showed me some old newspaper articles from the 1950s. Looked like a celebration of a win over Colby, but it was hard to make out the score as the photo was in black and white.

:lol: Do you think these boys get as plastered after wins as we did back in the day?
Prob not. The cellphone era has ruined it all :lol:
go camels69

Post by go camels69 »

Honorable Mention:

Conn easily top five here (at least t-5 with the cows). Granted, Rainville was a huge loss on the dance floor, but the camels get after it. The post- battle of New London rager is not matched anywhere in the 'cac. All the fine coast guard ladies plus the camel wlax wscoccer and fhockey trio makes for an unreal party that inevitably culminates in some Thames skinny dipping. Great time- give it due respect.
richard

Post by richard »

Those Ham Tech boys always were a hard celebrating bunch. So much so that when the Kirkland girls joined forces there was quite a rebellion. But then thinking about Kirkland I might understand. They didn’t want to join forces either. Oh well there’s always the Subway at the bottom of the hill. :D :D
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

StevieUAlum wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:00 am
Branwinstonforth wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:29 pm BranWinstonforth here

How dare my credibility be questioned on these forums? You call yourself lacrosse fans but can't understand who I am. May you recall a documentary on YouTube on a certain Winstonforth? I am a St Lawrence Legend and a pillar of the lacrosse world. I thought maybe some integrity would fall upon these forums.
Quality forum banter from Branwinstonforth :lol:
I concur!! 👍🏻👍🏻
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Honorable Mention:

C’mon man, when did winning become not even fun anymore?!?!!! 🤣🤣
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Laxdad457 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

Honorable Mention:

Thats actually a really good question. I have 3 boys who played college lacrosse. And I resemble the remark "as we did back in the day". So, generally speaking, no. That said, there are still some dudes that like to get after it. Human nature hasn't changed a whole lot since we were in college!
D'Annolfo's Jordans

Post by D'Annolfo's Jordans »

Here are my initial thoughts for some lines on this weekend's games - some solid games on the docket:

Hamilton (-6.5) vs the Bantams (+6.5)

Conn (-110) vs Bates (-110) - I don't think Vegas is giving you a spread on this one

Midd (-4.5) vs Colby (+4.5) - You have to think the promising way Colby has been looking will pay off at some point this year...

Williams (-110) vs Amherst (-110) - Two strong teams in what almost always produces a great rivalry game, this game is on 'barnburner' watch

Wes (+5.5) vs Tufts (-5.5) - Without unneeded hate directed toward Wes, I haven't been super convinced by some of their play this year. With that being said, I can absolutely see this being a game they could keep close to the end - definitely a game of interest this weekend
WoodStick

Post by WoodStick »

D'Annolfo's Jordans wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:35 am Here are my initial thoughts for some lines on this weekend's games - some solid games on the docket:

Conn (-110) vs Bates (-110) - I don't think Vegas is giving you a spread on this one

Midd (-4.5) vs Colby (+4.5) - You have to think the promising way Colby has been looking will pay off at some point this year...

Williams (-110) vs Amherst (-110) - Two strong teams in what almost always produces a great rivalry game, this game is on 'barnburner' watch

Wes (+5.5) vs Tufts (-5.5) - Without unneeded hate directed toward Wes, I haven't been super convinced by some of their play this year. With that being said, I can absolutely see this being a game they could keep close to the end - definitely a game of interest this weekend
Some big games this week which will effect who gets into the tourney.

Look for Conn to get their first league win of the year, long trip but they need to turn things around. The Conn goalie is so solid, not getting a lot of help from a young D

Williams v Amherst, obviously a rivalry game, but would be surprised if Williams does not take care of business. Williams was impressive in beating up on CNU and played the 'Bos tough. Amherst squeaked by Gettysburg and then lost the next two albeit in close games. Will be a fun one

Am going with Colby to upset (?) Midd. Colby riding high and Midd has to be wondering what the hell happened to their season

Tufts will win (not exactly going out on a limb) but will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Wes usually plays them tough

I like Hamilton over Trinity but not sure they cover. Big game to see who gets into tourney. Trinity loses and they are 1-4 with games still against Colby and Conn. Next week v Colby looms even larger.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

WoodStick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:57 pm
D'Annolfo's Jordans wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:35 am Here are my initial thoughts for some lines on this weekend's games - some solid games on the docket:

Some big games this week which will effect who gets into the tourney.

Look for Conn to get their first league win of the year, long trip but they need to turn things around. The Conn goalie is so solid, not getting a lot of help from a young D

Williams v Amherst, obviously a rivalry game, but would be surprised if Williams does not take care of business. Williams was impressive in beating up on CNU and played the 'Bos tough. Amherst squeaked by Gettysburg and then lost the next two albeit in close games. Will be a fun one

Am going with Colby to upset (?) Midd. Colby riding high and Midd has to be wondering what the hell happened to their season

Tufts will win (not exactly going out on a limb) but will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Wes usually plays them tough

I like Hamilton over Trinity but not sure they cover. Big game to see who gets into tourney. Trinity loses and they are 1-4 with games still against Colby and Conn. Next week v Colby looms even larger.
Colby over mid is what this thread needs! Does Hamilton have a decent shot at the tourney if they have a strong showing in 'cac playoffs?
slippinjimmy

Post by slippinjimmy »

Predictions for this weekend:

Hamilton Trinity:
Hamilton takes this one coming off a great win against Midd last week - interested to see how Trinity does offensively. This could be a scrappy low scoring game. Trinity will have to push the pace in transition in order to get some easy goals if they want to win.

Tufts Wesleyan:
Tufts handles Wes. The pressure of Tufts will cause Wes to crack and have too many turnovers. I don’t see Wesleyans D slowing the Jumbos down, but who knows Colby just gave the Jumbos a good game and Williams blew it in the mid week matchup - could the Cardinals get it done? Maybe?

Conn Bates:
In an absolute battle, the Camels come out on top. I really like what I’m seeing out of the Bates camp, big step up from last year. Conn is a hard team to get a read on, but I think they are due for their first league win.

Colby Midd:
Middlebury gets a very much needed W against the Mules. After a really tough game against Hamilton I see them coming back and playing a solid game against a gritty Colby squad. I expect this game to be a barn burner. Potential for game of the week?

Williams Amherst:
Williams handles Amherst. Not giving this much thought. Williams is looking really solid this year and I expect them to come out firing after that tough loss to Tufts in the mid week game. Would be surprised if Amherst wins this one.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

slippinjimmy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:56 pm Predictions for this weekend:

Hamilton Trinity:
Hamilton takes this one coming off a great win against Midd last week - interested to see how Trinity does offensively. This could be a scrappy low scoring game. Trinity will have to push the pace in transition in order to get some easy goals if they want to win.

Tufts Wesleyan:
Tufts handles Wes. The pressure of Tufts will cause Wes to crack and have too many turnovers. I don’t see Wesleyans D slowing the Jumbos down, but who knows Colby just gave the Jumbos a good game and Williams blew it in the mid week matchup - could the Cardinals get it done? Maybe?

Conn Bates:
In an absolute battle, the Camels come out on top. I really like what I’m seeing out of the Bates camp, big step up from last year. Conn is a hard team to get a read on, but I think they are due for their first league win.

Colby Midd:
Middlebury gets a very much needed W against the Mules. After a really tough game against Hamilton I see them coming back and playing a solid game against a gritty Colby squad. I expect this game to be a barn burner. Potential for game of the week?

Williams Amherst:
Williams handles Amherst. Not giving this much thought. Williams is looking really solid this year and I expect them to come out firing after that tough loss to Tufts in the mid week game. Would be surprised if Amherst wins this one.
Down goes Tufts! They aren’t cakewalking through the CAC this year, much tougher games than their OOC blowouts.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

Williams pretty much going scoreless second half...AC's defense looks strong, offense is on the smaller younger side. I'm assuming bennett is injured? Brendan Reilly is the truth though, should have a great 3 more years at AC if he keeps it up
slippinjimmy

Post by slippinjimmy »

April 6 Thoughts

Amherst 12 Williams 4
Shocked that Amherst was able to contain the Williams O. Amherst dominated the face of X and had solid goalie play out of Catlin. Good response after a tough L to Wesleyan. Really going to shake up the middle of the NESCAC rankings.

Middlebury 7 Colby 5
Defensive slug fest. Just a battle. Both Goalies played great with plus 60% each. Real surprise is no production out of the Middlebury first midfield line and still getting a W. Credit to Colby, but 5 goals isn’t enough.

Conn 13 Bates 12
Wow. Great game with the Camels coming out on top. Balanced game from both sides, both goalies played really well. Back and forth game, but the gritty Camels got the job done.

Trinity 11 Hamilton 7
Major win for the Bantams. Won the battle at the X and they had a lot of production in transition. Goalies played solid and realistically looks like both teams played solid D. Trinity just had more chances to score and it payed off.

Wesleyan 16 Tufts 14
Down goes Tufts. After a shaky game verse Williams they fall to Wesleyan. A lot to unpack. Tufts had the slight edge at the FO X, nothing crazy. Garzone slight off game for him, but can’t really blame the goalie especially when they have almost a 40% (not bad). May need to figure out some things on D. Tufts had production on O like they usually do, just seems like Wesleyan was able to capitalize on their possessions more.

Looks like the NESCAC really is wide open this year.
slippinjimmy

Post by slippinjimmy »

slippinjimmy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:45 pm April 6 Thoughts

Amherst 12 Williams 4
Shocked that Amherst was able to contain the Williams O. Amherst dominated the face of X and had solid goalie play out of Catlin. Good response after a tough L to Wesleyan. Really going to shake up the middle of the NESCAC rankings.

Middlebury 7 Colby 5
Defensive slug fest. Just a battle. Both Goalies played great with plus 60% each. Real surprise is no production out of the Middlebury first midfield line and still getting a W. Credit to Colby, but 5 goals isn’t enough.

Conn 13 Bates 12
Wow. Great game with the Camels coming out on top. Balanced game from both sides, both goalies played really well. Back and forth game, but the gritty Camels got the job done.

Trinity 11 Hamilton 7
Major win for the Bantams. Won the battle at the X and they had a lot of production in transition. Goalies played solid and realistically looks like both teams played solid D. Trinity just had more chances to score and it payed off.

Wesleyan 16 Tufts 14
Down goes Tufts. After a shaky game verse Williams they fall to Wesleyan. A lot to unpack. Tufts had the slight edge at the FO X, nothing crazy. Garzone slight off game for him, but can’t really blame the goalie especially when they have almost a 40% (not bad). May need to figure out some things on D. Tufts had production on O like they usually do, just seems like Wesleyan was able to capitalize on their possessions more.

Looks like the NESCAC really is wide open this year.
Going to follow up on this with a few more thoughts that could get discussion going:

Will Bates get a conference win this year? Not looking good.

Tufts seems to have fallen off big from last year. Could we be seeing a new NESCAC champ this year?

Is Middlebury the most fraudulent pre season team? I know they won today, but in a close one and not even breaking 10 goals… People had these guys as the 2 in preseason rankings…

Is Wesleyan legit? After not pumping some bottom of the barrel team, they get a great win.

Is Conn the NC State of the NESCAC? Could the Camels keep rolling?

Trinity with the big senior day win - no clue where they are going to finish in the standings.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

slippinjimmy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:45 pm Garzone slight off game for him, but can’t really blame the goalie especially when they have almost a 40% (not bad). May need to figure out some things on D.
Garzone was brutal (below .400). Defense not great either, but the 14th goal against, the backbreaker IMO, was shot right at his stick from distance. Needed to make that save.

Also, the post Tufts goal penalty that led to a Wes man up and score gets a lot of blame. But credit to the Cards, they executed well.
HomewoodHomer

Post by HomewoodHomer »

Middlebury is having trouble adjusting to a zone defense. I think they'll adjust.
topstringking327

Post by topstringking327 »

Tufts Alum Class of 2012. I’m frankly embarrassed at D’Annolfo and how he’s running this team these days. This would’ve never happened during the Daly days

Stop posting Jordans on Gameday and get in the film room
Last edited by topstringking327 on Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

topstringking327 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:42 pm Tufts Alum Class of 2012. I’m frankly embarrassed at D’Annolfo and how he’s running this team these days. This would’ve never happened during the Daly days

I saw a photo from a Wes alum who works with me of the locker room we put them in today. We should be less focused on playing mind games with other teams on Pride Night and winning lacrosse games.

Stop posting Jordans on Gameday and get in the film room
tsk327, I’m curious as to what you are referring to. What is the deal with the locker room situation you mentioned and your Pride Night comment.

As far as posting on Insta and that sh!t, I’ve never been a big fan of social media, and I’m waaay older than you but, that’s just a reality in todays day and age.

Tufts is still a young team, especially on O and trying to put the pieces together….either they will or they won’t!!
ah23

Post by ah23 »

slippinjimmy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:45 pm Is Middlebury the most fraudulent pre season team? I know they won today, but in a close one and not even breaking 10 goals… People had these guys as the 2 in preseason rankings…

Who in the world had Middlebury at #2?

(FWIW the answer to your question is 100%, no question, no one in the conference is remotely close)

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”