All Things China

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: All Things China

Post by old salt »

OCanada wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:45 pm The Europeans do t have a problem with Russia sanctions over Crimea. It is also more than a European matter
Rusal ? NordStream 2 ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm
OCanada wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:45 pm The Europeans do t have a problem with Russia sanctions over Crimea. It is also more than a European matter
Rusal ? NordStream 2 ?
Walk and chew gum?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Nah this isn't a treasonous deep stater.

Former Trump Senior State Dept. Official Tells Beijing to Wait Until Trump is Removed…

A clear example of the Administrative State’s seditious alignment with global financial interests and DC indulgences. This is the deep state at its deepest and most statist.

Mrs. Susan Thornton, the former acting assistant secretary of state in the Trump administration, tells her Beijing audience to stop negotiating until President Trump is removed from office in 2020.

There are trillions at stake; and former bureaucrats like Ms. Susan Thornton use their former positions to make millions at the trough even if that means advocating for the interests of a communist government.

Disappointing would be an understatement.

Posted on May 16, 2019 by sundance
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

and the cite?

Tillerson appointed her. Bannon wanted her out but got fired first. The conspiracy was the right wing plotting to get her out. Because well. Why have any one with competence
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diploma ... jing-might

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... d-in-2020/

“I want to be optimistic,” said Thornton, whose 27-year career in Washington ended in July. “I tell all our foreign counterparts they should keep steady, keep their heads down and wait. [They should] try to not let anything change dramatically.”

“If this sceptical attitude towards talking diplomacy continues in this administration, you might have to wait till another administration,” Thornton said at an event held by National Committee of US-China relations and Shanghai’s American Chamber.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

OCanada wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:33 pm and the cite?

Tillerson appointed her. Bannon wanted her out but got fired first. The conspiracy was the right wing plotting to get her out. Because well. Why have any one with competence
So to be competent in your eyes you need to support our adversaries. I see.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 pm Nah this isn't a treasonous deep stater.

Former Trump Senior State Dept. Official Tells Beijing to Wait Until Trump is Removed…

A clear example of the Administrative State’s seditious alignment with global financial interests and DC indulgences. This is the deep state at its deepest and most statist.

Mrs. Susan Thornton, the former acting assistant secretary of state in the Trump administration, tells her Beijing audience to stop negotiating until President Trump is removed from office in 2020.

There are trillions at stake; and former bureaucrats like Ms. Susan Thornton use their former positions to make millions at the trough even if that means advocating for the interests of a communist government.

:lol: China is our adversary? That's fine. But they aren't communists. Communists don't have privately owned companies. China does. China, like the Soviet Union and Cuba, is a fascist State, controlling travel and media....and making up whatever economic rules they see fit.

In any event, you still haven't answered my question, because you know doggone well you don't have an answer.

Why is Trump borrowing Trillions of dollars from our adversary that we're supposed to be having a economic war with? Why is Trump expanding American and spending and debt to our adversary?

That's right. You can't answer that question.

And you won't be able to answer the question when Trump borrows another $2 Trillion from China to pay for new infrastructure repairs.

OF COURSE China is waiting Trump out. I told you that's what they would do months ago. You didn't listen. No one ever does, because of the little R. If Obama had played this game? You'd be on here explaining how stupid tariffs are, and how stupid borrowing money from China is....instead?

You cheer Trump on. As always. No matter what he does.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Because Trump, and pretty much the entire Congressional Military Industrial Complex (as originally written in IKE's speech) always know that they can just re-neg on paying the US Bonds. Or something to that affect/effect. Didn't Jesus and the Bible include passages that forgave debt? Always a good go to when bailing on paying people :o

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Cancelling-Debts
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
a fan

Post by a fan »

Nope. Try again.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Gosh you are oblivious. Really oblivious. Supporting someone who is undermining this country and buying into myths to do it
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:13 pm Nope. Try again.
Because it's Trump. And only Trump. That is borrowing money.

Nope. Try again.

Put another way, the US has never bailed on paying debts? Think , really, really think, about this question.

Unless, of course, you consider indigenous people as not relevant. As , just one example.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:24 pm Because it's Trump. And only Trump. That is borrowing money.
Who's signature is on those three spending bills totaling $2.7 Trillion? That's right. Trump's. Dance all you want. Please. Anything to avoid holding him responsible for anything at all, right?

US will not bail on paying bonds, sorry. Sell your nonsense somewhere else, and answer the question: why are we borrowing money from someone we're supposed to be winning a trade war against?

You can't answer it, because there isn't an answer.

It's also just one more reason why China is laughing at Trump's fake trade demands.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:32 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:24 pm Because it's Trump. And only Trump. That is borrowing money.
Who's signature is on those three spending bills totaling $2.7 Trillion? That's right. Trump's. Dance all you want. Please. Anything to avoid holding him responsible for anything at all, right? Nope. He owns that signature. He's a politician. A proven liar.

US will not bail on paying bonds, sorry. Sell your nonsense somewhere else, and answer the question: why are we borrowing money from someone we're supposed to be winning a trade war against? Is China the only US Bond owner?

You can't answer it, because there isn't an answer. Because, we can. (see link below)

It's also just one more reason why China is laughing at Trump's fake trade demands.
It a took a while to remember and find, sorry.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... bt/272747/
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 pm Nah this isn't a treasonous deep stater.

:lol: China is our adversary? That's fine. But they aren't communists. Communists don't have privately owned companies. China does. China, like the Soviet Union and Cuba, is a fascist State, controlling travel and media....and making up whatever economic rules they see fit.

In any event, you still haven't answered my question, because you know doggone well you don't have an answer.

Why is Trump borrowing Trillions of dollars from our adversary that we're supposed to be having a economic war with? Why is Trump expanding American and spending and debt to our adversary?

That's right. You can't answer that question.

And you won't be able to answer the question when Trump borrows another $2 Trillion from China to pay for new infrastructure repairs.

OF COURSE China is waiting Trump out. I told you that's what they would do months ago. You didn't listen. No one ever does, because of the little R. If Obama had played this game? You'd be on here explaining how stupid tariffs are, and how stupid borrowing money from China is....instead?

You cheer Trump on. As always. No matter what he does.
And you route against him even if its bad for the country and helps the Chinese COMMUNISTS yes COMMUNISTS.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: Still can't answer the question, so now it's my fault.

Take your time. Consult with Hannity. Tell me why it's ok for Trump to borrow trillions from your Chinese Communists.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 pm
Who's signature is on those three spending bills totaling $2.7 Trillion? That's right. Trump's. Dance all you want. Please. Anything to avoid holding him responsible for anything at all, right? Nope. He owns that signature. He's a politician. A proven liar.

US will not bail on paying bonds, sorry. Sell your nonsense somewhere else, and answer the question: why are we borrowing money from someone we're supposed to be winning a trade war against? Is China the only US Bond owner?

You can't answer it, because there isn't an answer. Because, we can. (see link below)

You don't get it. The problem isn't that China is holding already issued bonds. The problem is: what happens if China decides to stop buying bonds as a part of the trade war?

Our expenses are ongoing.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Of course the US (or) you don’t have to pay back all of your debt. You can’t keep borrowing as the cost to service it becomes a problem. Also, if China stops providing liquidity, it will get expense to attract buyers. You don’t have to pay it back but nothing wrong with paying it down to reduce risks.....lay off the doubt IPA’s
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

HooDat

Post by HooDat »

With all the Ivy League lacrosse players on these boards, surely SOMEONE ran global fix income trading for Goldman etc?? If so, I would love to hear the thoughts of someone with that level of expertise on the matter - emphasis on the past tense RAN. I really would like to hear from someone who isn't talking their book, or five years in the business and still has sparkles in their eyes....

Here is the irony as I see it. Trump is trashing the impact of globalism, while relying on it to cover his rear end. From the sidelines it seems like he is trying to use our relative advantage in the global financial markets to support our relative dis-advantage in production. Yes the Chinese can stop buying US bonds. In a vacuum, that would mean the cost of US borrowing will go up (for all you guys who took econ 101), but because the fixed income markets are global there are secondary and tertiary consequences to a reduction in Chinese demand - i) (a) the Chinese have to put their money somewhere, so they buy UK debt, or European debt which (b) drives down yields on that paper and because those markets are far less liquid (they don't borrow as much) the impact on rates on those bonds will be driven down more than the US bond prices will go up; and then ii) because a Chinese flight to alternative bonds will drive down the associated yields with a disproportionate impact - remember i (b) - the investors who were buying those [European] bonds seeking more yield will now buy US bonds, because the risk/return trade-off they were originally seeking will go away.

I love the political debates, but both sides need to quit setting their hair on fire about every little thing. We are not going to war with China - at least not a physical war with guns and bombs etc. I think Trump is a fool if he thinks he can actually negotiate a winning deal with China during his time as president (even if he gain re-election); and I think he has to understand that Xi can wait him out - I believe all he really wants to do is move the narrative and the relationship so that it starts to tilt the trade benefits away from capital providers (investors in China) and consumers of cheap trinkets to be more in favor of US workers. I based that on my belief that Trump ran for president for two reasons: the primary one being ego, the secondary (and the justification to himself) being that he thinks the average American has been getting disproportionately squeezed in the transition to fully global economy.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:38 am I believe all he really wants to do is move the narrative and the relationship so that it starts to tilt the trade benefits away from capital providers (investors in China) and consumers of cheap trinkets to be more in favor of US workers. I based that on my belief that Trump ran for president for two reasons: the primary one being ego, the secondary (and the justification to himself) being that he thinks the average American has been getting disproportionately squeezed in the transition to fully global economy.
What evidence do you have that Trump is trying to help the average Americans with this nonsense ?

Here’s my evidence you’re wrong:

Did you see WalMart just announced they are raising prices?

Who do you think the IP theft hurts? Some guy named Bill who lives in Kansas and is a farm hand? Or some guy named Bill who lives in Manhattan, and works for Ping golf clubs?

At every turn, Trump has helped guys like me, and has helped me at the expense of Bill in Kansas. The tax cuts. The un-targeted spending, which means corruption.

And as I’ve said: we are 2+ years in, and Trump doesn’t have a single program that helps Trumps forgotten voter.

So frankly, I don’t understand your view on the subject! ;)

Return to “POLITICS”