THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by DMac »

jhu06 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:27 pm
I can't imagine what attendance will be next spring. You think the student body which is now regionally and internationally diverse is going to schlep out to cold wet homewood in february and march to see a lacrosse program coming off a season like this?
No, but you might be able to get a few additional viewers if you get restaurants to put BTN on when the games are played.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Homer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:46 pm Probably a lot of us would trade a few occasional playoff misses for a less abject performance once there.
:lol: Sure, you say that now! But when you're in the middle of, say, missing the playoffs two years in a row....and you're not at all sure whether next year will be better..... ;)
Homer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:46 pm
Appreciate your skeptical take on whether things will necessarily get better with a change -- point well taken. But you have to acknowledge there's a risk to sticking with the current setup, just as there is with shaking things up. Luckily nobody's asking any of us! :D
Happily, no one is asking us!

You got my point with ease: there's no guarantee things will improve. My money is on Tierney, Petro, Desko, et. al. getting that "one more great player", and making Final Four weekends again....over bringing in some hotshot assistant, flavor of the month guy who's as likely to fail as succeed, given the bars set at these programs.

As a SU fan, I prefer to stick with Desko to throwing away, what.....like 40 years of recruiting connections chasing after "a sure thing", when the only thing I'm sure of, is that a "sure thing" coach doesn't exist.

Petro's consistency in the face of everything has been remarkable. Look at what Tambroni had to go through to win one single NCAA tournament game in an entire decade.

QuakerSouth said it well: be careful what you wish for...
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Consistent mediocrity.
The goal of Johns Hopkins University!!!!!!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Losing games is a scandal and she comes off as ignorant and tone deaf.
Another one goes off the deep end. You hate to see it.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:45 am

Losing games is a scandal and she comes off as ignorant and tone deaf.
Another one goes off the deep end. You hate to see it.
Well, better than being a Neanderthal racist.
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

DMac wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:41 pm
I can't imagine what attendance will be next spring. You think the student body which is now regionally and internationally diverse is going to schlep out to cold wet homewood in february and march to see a lacrosse program coming off a season like this?
No, but you might be able to get a few additional viewers if you get restaurants to put BTN on when the games are played.
Wow! DMac!!! Will admin light you up for that? And take me with you for quoting it???
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Hey, a fan ... where did your post go about Tiffany not having a Final Four?!?

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

Was about to post a mea culpa. ESPN in Canada posted Md as the winner. Who scored the game winner ?

Last week, lax.com had UMBC over Penn state
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

a fan wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:41 pm Was about to post a mea culpa. ESPN in Canada posted Md as the winner. Who scored the game winner ?

Matt Moore on a right-handed shot about 10 yards out off a feed from a dodger at the left GLE.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
a fan

Post by a fan »

Thanks!
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

HowieT3 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:13 pm
a fan wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:41 pm Was about to post a mea culpa. ESPN in Canada posted Md as the winner. Who scored the game winner ?

Matt Moore on a right-handed shot about 10 yards out off a feed from a dodger at the left GLE.
Tainted victory for Tiffany. UVA lost that game in regulation.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:55 pm

actually, espn canada had it wrong. went to ot, won it, and will be in philadelphia next week.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

So both lost?

But only one choked.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

+1 :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
DougELax

Post by DougELax »

Tainted goal by Virginia offset by second tainted dive goal by Jared Bernhardt on push-off foot on crease in two weeks. TV analyst mention it, but not enough. Need to take dive out of college.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

If I read you correctly, you are saying that, absent the very questionable tying score, UVA would have lost the game in regulation. However, that ignores that UVA would have had possession with 70 seconds to score, having just scored 4 in a row, plus two pipes, all in 4 mins. We simply don't know what would have happened, but we do know who had possession and all the momentum.

So, "UVA lost that game in regulation" is just an offensive statement that does not do justice to the valiant play of both teams.
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

Wasn't the tainted UMD step-in-the-crease goal offset by the tainted UVa 0ff-sides-goal? I thought Maryland got there by a tainted step-in-the-crease goal against Towson, so THAT was offset by the tainted UVa carom-off-the-crossbar goal.

thetruth

Post by thetruth »

Ivyman wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:47 pm Wasn't the tainted UMD step-in-the-crease goal offset by the tainted UVa 0ff-sides-goal? I thought Maryland got there by a tainted step-in-the-crease goal against Towson, so THAT was offset by the tainted UVa carom-off-the-crossbar goal.

The first tainted goal was the one UVA scored when they were offsides. It was blatant and the announcers noted it. So 2 tainted goals for UVA.
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

I'll recommend that we tape a big asterisk onto our trophy. I will have to warn you in advance that I hold very little sway within the Athletic Department, though.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”