NJIT

D1 Mens Lacrosse
AbeFroeman

Re: NJIT

Post by AbeFroeman »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:03 pm NJIT no longer unbeaten.

Quinnipiac (6 - 0) has a path to an undefeated regular season.

They have to get past Marist next week though.
Sacred Heart will have something to say about that
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

I'm getting around to watching the DI games that I could not watch on Saturday. NJIT was a bit of a flashpoint in the DIII blogs I normally frequent. I just watched the VT game and I respect a good showing on the road v VT, a team and coach I have a lot of respect for. I'll be rooting for NJIT going forward.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

A winnable game this weekend,
but Binghamton generally plays teams tough,

a game NJIT needs if they want to make the America East tournament.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:22 pm A winnable game this weekend,
but Binghamton generally plays teams tough,

a game NJIT needs if they want to make the America East tournament.
One of Bing's leader scorers is an NJIT transfer.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

They lost a few themselves one is at OSU
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:17 pm They lost a few themselves one is at OSU
He graduated.

Adams was NJIT’s best freshman in’22. It’s amazing what Wolf has done with only 6 Jrs on that team.
JerseyGuy

Post by JerseyGuy »

Yea but he has 19 Srs/Grad students. Next year might be tough. Will need to get some transfers.
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

DoubleD wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:55 pm
thoughtbot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:19 am
DoubleD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:26 pm
DoubleD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:18 pm
DoubleD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:17 pm
thoughtbot wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:10 pm
DoubleD wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:41 am Gotta be impressed with coach Wolf at NJIT. The team is off to a 4 - 0 start after winning 9 games in ten yrs of program history. Wolf has won 7 games in 1 season and 4 games. First he took LIU from D 2 to D1 and they were competitive right away while finishing 8 - 7 in 2022 losing in conference tournament to a solid ST JOES team 11 - 10. LIU didn't wanna match NJITs offer so he had to leave as he was underpaid and unfortunately LIU lost what he was building as 6 of his top players transferred out to higher level programs. Now he's building NJIT to be competitive. No one believed that team could ever win 4 games in a row. Sure not tough D 1 comp but still from where they came from it's solid. Have to impressed so wanted to just say something as guys rip bottom D1 teams instead of giving ones who deserve props there props.
- The salary story is incorrect. Wolf completely lost the lockerroom in his time at LIU. He was losing major transfers as well as a result.
- While he was 8-7 on a weak schedule his first year in Division 1, he couldnt take LIU to the playoffs in Division 2 the year before.
- Hes playing an incredibly weak schedule.

Props for being undefeated but theres another coach who just went Division 1 who is the better story in my opinion and thats Dan Sheehan at LeMoyne.
Untrue his guys all transferred after he left LIU so ur WRONG. Only Richie Lacalandra left and the schedule was in the NEC with St Joes, Bryant and Hobart while also having Drexel, Stonybrook and Hofstra which no not top 20 but not a MAAC schedule. LIU made the conference tournament in both 2021 and 2022 the first two yrs legit in D1. 2020 was Covid yr so u have no idea what ur talking about. Lol I have nothing bad to say about Sheehan I don't knock other coaches who have done good things just get ur facts straight before making up nonsense.
Oh and the salary is why he left 100% if I told u what he made at LIU for a D1 HC was pathetic.
Also nothing wrong with a MAAC schedule so I take that back as any D1 schedule is legit.
Ignorance is bliss.
- Transfer portal story is inaccurate. Multiple players were in the transfer portal before Wolf was set to leave. Many players hated him as well and were vocal about it when his departure was announced.
- your reading comprehension is off as well -- 2020 was a division 1 year. i referenced the fact he couldnt make the tournement in their last year in Division 2 in the ECC that had nobody in the conference
- The better story about Sheehan is hes someone who was successful in the division 2 level for a sustained period. The background of how Wolf got the job at LIU to begin with includes many other more qualified candidates being rejected from the job.

Enjoy the flash in the pan because thats all it is
Also Wolf wasn't qualified? He coached at Siena for a few yrs then he coached at Albany as the OC on 2014 - 2016 while the two Thomson brother played there. Then was the OC at Harvard for a yr. Then went to LIU so how was he not qualified? He coached many yrs in D 1 and some of the best players to ever play the game. His offense at Albany set records. Sorry ur son didn't play much in D 2 for a Wolf but don't blame him I mean he took that D2 team and added his recruits and was competitive from the jump in D1. U know that final season in D 2 his team beat eventually champs and two time champs Merrimack too? They had some good players so that's why ur son didn't get much PT don't hate on the coach.
No kids on the team at all... played against his teams there and he was completely classless on the sidelines in how he treated refs, players and opposing players.

The albany offense would set records with anyone running that offense. He beat merrimack that year then proceeded to lose to Adelphi, Seton Hill and Mercy twice and not even make the NCAA Tournament in a 6-team field.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

thoughtbot wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:48 pm
DoubleD wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:41 am Gotta be impressed with coach Wolf at NJIT. The team is off to a 4 - 0 start after winning 9 games in ten yrs of program history. Wolf has won 7 games in 1 season and 4 games. First he took LIU from D 2 to D1 and they were competitive right away while finishing 8 - 7 in 2022 losing in conference tournament to a solid ST JOES team 11 - 10. LIU didn't wanna match NJITs offer so he had to leave as he was underpaid and unfortunately LIU lost what he was building as 6 of his top players transferred out to higher level programs. Now he's building NJIT to be competitive. No one believed that team could ever win 4 games in a row. Sure not tough D 1 comp but still from where they came from it's solid. Have to impressed so wanted to just say something as guys rip bottom D1 teams instead of giving ones who deserve props there props.
- The salary story is incorrect. Wolf completely lost the lockerroom in his time at LIU. He was losing major transfers as well as a result.
- While he was 8-7 on a weak schedule his first year in Division 1, he couldnt take LIU to the playoffs in Division 2 the year before.

Props for being undefeated but theres another coach who just went Division 1 who is the better story in my opinion and thats Dan Sheehan at LeMoyne.
Untrue his guys all transferred after he left LIU so ur WRONG. Only Richie Lacalandra left and the schedule was in the NEC with St Joes, Bryant and Hobart while also having Drexel, Stonybrook and Hofstra which no not top 20 but not a MAAC schedule. LIU made the conference tournament in both 2021 and 2022 the first two yrs legit in D1. 2020 was Covid yr so u have no idea what ur talking about. Lol I have nothing bad to say about Sheehan I don't knock other coaches who have done good things just get ur facts straight before making up nonsense.
Oh and the salary is why he left 100% if I told u what he made at LIU for a D1 HC was pathetic.
Also nothing wrong with a MAAC schedule so I take that back as any D1 schedule is legit.
Ignorance is bliss.
- Transfer portal story is inaccurate. Multiple players were in the transfer portal before Wolf was set to leave. Many players hated him as well and were vocal about it when his departure was announced.
- your reading comprehension is off as well -- 2020 was a division 1 year. i referenced the fact he couldnt make the tournement in their last year in Division 2 in the ECC that had nobody in the conference
- The better story about Sheehan is hes someone who was successful in the division 2 level for a sustained period. The background of how Wolf got the job at LIU to begin with includes many other more qualified candidates being rejected from the job.

Also Wolf wasn't qualified? He coached at Siena for a few yrs then he coached at Albany as the OC on 2014 - 2016 while the two Thomson brother played there. Then was the OC at Harvard for a yr. Then went to LIU so how was he not qualified? He coached many yrs in D 1 and some of the best players to ever play the game. His offense at Albany set records. Sorry ur son didn't play much in D 2 for a Wolf but don't blame him I mean he took that D2 team and added his recruits and was competitive from the jump in D1. U know that final season in D 2 his team beat eventually champs and two time champs Merrimack too? They had some good players so that's why ur son didn't get much PT don't hate on the coach.
No kids on the team at all... played against his teams there and he was completely classless on the sidelines in how he treated refs, players and opposing players.

The albany offense would set records with anyone running that offense. He beat merrimack that year then proceeded to lose to Adelphi, Seton Hill and Mercy twice and not even make the NCAA Tournament in a 6-team field.
Why wait til now to respond? Hmm lol
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

thoughtbot wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:48 pm

Ignorance is bliss.

You again ?

With the Wolf Hate ?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”