Washington College 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
oglaxgod420

Re: Washington College 2024

Post by oglaxgod420 »

Awesome showing by Corrigan last night, can’t suggest otherwise. Must have felt good for Pearce, who I imagine went for the job but got boxed out by every other alum to bring Nostrant in. Is this season chalked or can these boys string something together in Centennial play? Glad to see all alums want the best for the program, it just seems the disconnect lies in if Nostrant has the experience and right attitude to make strides.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Don’t know a lot about Skidmore, they are undefeated with 2 nescac wins, but some close games with very average programs. Can the shoremen pull this off with short rest? Would be a big one before the gauntlet starts.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Love the Uni’s today BTW. Those are sweet.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

What a win for these guys heading into CC play. Gray came up big in net at the end and secured the W. Wish I was down there to see that in person. Can we get a petition to make these our primary jersey? Little luck from Charlie on St pattys day, roll shore!!
Shoregouzer58

Post by Shoregouzer58 »

Wow. And they're back. Cam Carrigan stepping up when world needed him most. Grant Matthews getting chances to prove himself. I think the right guys are being used for the right amount of time. Well done, Shore.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

ChopMan23 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:06 pm What a win for these guys heading into CC play. Gray came up big in net at the end and secured the W. Wish I was down there to see that in person. Can we get a petition to make these our primary jersey? Little luck from Charlie on St pattys day, roll shore!!
Chopman and I agree on something! Charlie was watching over the boys today. Great win and a little good mojo going into a tough CC sched.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:52 pm
ChopMan23 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:06 pm What a win for these guys heading into CC play. Gray came up big in net at the end and secured the W. Wish I was down there to see that in person. Can we get a petition to make these our primary jersey? Little luck from Charlie on St pattys day, roll shore!!
Chopman and I agree on something! Charlie was watching over the boys today. Great win and a little good mojo going into a tough CC sched.
I believe we’ve agreed on a lot prior to yesterday!
kirbysmart14

Post by kirbysmart14 »

What a game! Couldn't make it in person sadly as I am in Atlanta on business but what an exciting game and finish. Perfect weather, packed stadium, St. Paddy's day...and those new jerseys :D :D Charlie would be proud.

Hearing legendary alum and coach Kevin Giblin was in the locker room pregame and gave a speech to fire the boys up. If so, it sure seemed like it struck a chord with many of them. They were flying around.
GoTerriers8

Post by GoTerriers8 »

Great game to get pumped for CC play
Slim

Post by Slim »

kirby, i'd run through a wall for gib!
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Cam Carrigan finding his groove, he is turning out to be a great attackmen with and without the ball in his stick.
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

Solid win to start the part of the season that matters the most. 10 different goal scorers throughout the day and unselfish play throughout. What a day for Matthews throwing out 6 apples. Big week ahead as these guys can make some noise as that 4/5 spot is wide open IMO.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

the_fish_whist1er wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:57 pm Solid win to start the part of the season that matters the most. 10 different goal scorers throughout the day and unselfish play throughout. What a day for Matthews throwing out 6 apples. Big week ahead as these guys can make some noise as that 4/5 spot is wide open IMO.
Good to see them put an improved McDaniel team away early and continue the momentum from Skidmore. Lets make it 3 in a row on Weds against an always tough Haverford program.
dirtybird77

Post by dirtybird77 »

Good back to back wins for the Sho'men. Impressive first half against McDaniel on Saturday, seems like the wheels fell off as they started to sub guys in but that is as expected for most D3 teams. On a more positive note, the team seems to be getting healthier as the days go on. Less guys in jackets on sidelines and starting to see more key players like #32, #6, #3 and #36 begin to play again and seem to have not lost a step. Offense is hot going into CC play which is bad news for the rest of the conference!!
dirtybird77

Post by dirtybird77 »

dirtybird77 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:13 am Good back to back wins for the Sho'men. Impressive first half against McDaniel on Saturday, seems like the wheels fell off as they started to sub guys in but that is as expected for most D3 teams. On a more positive note, the team seems to be getting healthier as the days go on. Less guys in jackets on sidelines and starting to see more key players like #32, #6, #3 and #36 begin to play again and seem to have not lost a step. Offense is hot going into CC play which is bad news for the rest of the conference!!
It appears I may have "jinxed it" as my kids say.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

dirtybird77 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm
dirtybird77 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:13 am Good back to back wins for the Sho'men. Impressive first half against McDaniel on Saturday, seems like the wheels fell off as they started to sub guys in but that is as expected for most D3 teams. On a more positive note, the team seems to be getting healthier as the days go on. Less guys in jackets on sidelines and starting to see more key players like #32, #6, #3 and #36 begin to play again and seem to have not lost a step. Offense is hot going into CC play which is bad news for the rest of the conference!!
They are battling. Real tough stretch the rest of the way, but will be great experience for these young players. I think Haverford might be a lot better than predicted in the CC. Could see them and Muhlenberg ruining a few seasons for the big hitters.
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

ChopMan23 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm
They are battling. Real tough stretch the rest of the way, but will be great experience for these young players. I think Haverford might be a lot better than predicted in the CC. Could see them and Muhlenberg ruining a few seasons for the big hitters.
Battling? They got their pants beat off yesterday.

Also, disagree with the "young players" comment, except if you are saying if its just a generally good experience for some underclassmen to continue to get beat on. If you mean that this team is generally made up of "young players", that is just not empirically true, assuming I counted the stats correcting from the website. Looking at every player that registered a stat during yesterday's game (whether goal, assist, CT, turnover, etc.):

Freshmen:6
Sophomores:4
Juniors:9
Seniors: 9

Plus two goalies - one freshman and one junior.

Looking at season statistics:

Top 10 goal scores - 4 seniors, 3 juniors, 1 sophomore, 2 freshmen

Top 10 in points - 5 seniors, 3 juniors, 1 sophomore, 1 freshmen

Top 10 in ground balls (including FOGOs but excluding goalies) - 4 seniors, 2 juniors, 3 sophomore, 1 freshman

Top 10 in CTs - 4 seniors, 3 juniors, 2 sophomore, 1 freshman

70% of the top 10 goal scorers this season are upperclassmen. 80% of the top 10 in points are upperclassmen. 60% of the top 10 in ground balls and CTs are upperclassmen. The FOGO taking the vast majority of faceoffs is a senior.

If anyone wants to use the this is a "young team" excuse when looking at results, the statistics don't lie. Are there a handful of impactful freshmen and sophomores? Yes. Are they even half of the important team stats at this point? No. That isn't necessarily unexpected of any team, but this is not a team playing a majority of young players - that is just empirically false. Again, if your point was just generally that a handful of underclassmen are getting experience getting crushed, then I do agree they are getting that experience.

Looking forward, hard to see any obvious wins left on the schedule. Given last night's performance, which is in line with their season performance, I think their best shot at a win the rest of the season is Ursinus. I can't see them picking up more than 2 more wins the rest of the way (maybe Muhlenberg or F&M) - so something like 4 or 5/14 for the season. But certainly not close to last year's 8 wins. Program going in the right direction?
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

The program fundraiser is live now...
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

veryoldgoose wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm
ChopMan23 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm
Battling? They got their pants beat off yesterday.

Also, disagree with the "young players" comment, except if you are saying if its just a generally good experience for some underclassmen to continue to get beat on. If you mean that this team is generally made up of "young players", that is just not empirically true, assuming I counted the stats correcting from the website. Looking at every player that registered a stat during yesterday's game (whether goal, assist, CT, turnover, etc.):

Freshmen:6
Sophomores:4
Juniors:9
Seniors: 9

Plus two goalies - one freshman and one junior.

Looking at season statistics:

Top 10 goal scores - 4 seniors, 3 juniors, 1 sophomore, 2 freshmen

Top 10 in points - 5 seniors, 3 juniors, 1 sophomore, 1 freshmen

Top 10 in ground balls (including FOGOs but excluding goalies) - 4 seniors, 2 juniors, 3 sophomore, 1 freshman

Top 10 in CTs - 4 seniors, 3 juniors, 2 sophomore, 1 freshman

70% of the top 10 goal scorers this season are upperclassmen. 80% of the top 10 in points are upperclassmen. 60% of the top 10 in ground balls and CTs are upperclassmen. The FOGO taking the vast majority of faceoffs is a senior.

If anyone wants to use the this is a "young team" excuse when looking at results, the statistics don't lie. Are there a handful of impactful freshmen and sophomores? Yes. Are they even half of the important team stats at this point? No. That isn't necessarily unexpected of any team, but this is not a team playing a majority of young players - that is just empirically false. Again, if your point was just generally that a handful of underclassmen are getting experience getting crushed, then I do agree they are getting that experience.

Looking forward, hard to see any obvious wins left on the schedule. Given last night's performance, which is in line with their season performance, I think their best shot at a win the rest of the season is Ursinus. I can't see them picking up more than 2 more wins the rest of the way (maybe Muhlenberg or F&M) - so something like 4 or 5/14 for the season. But certainly not close to last year's 8 wins. Program going in the right direction?
Sorry. Trying to stay positive and not repeat what has already been said in the thread. The team has not been heading in the right direction since the class of 2014 left campus. You can thank the administration and Thad moores incompetence for that. The school stinks - do you watch other D3 games at all? The talent has been uneven for over 5 years now. How do you expect any coach to take control of this program and start recruiting better players? It will not happen until Thad is gone, which could be a long time.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

What is up with how these games are streamed this year? Last few years it was a little more zoomed in. This year is a Birds Eye view and it seems to be very glitchy. Anyone else notice that ?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”