New programs

D2 Mens Lacrosse
leeatu

Re: New programs

Post by leeatu »

USC Aiken adding lacrosse has been brought up before. Really hope they finally do; the PBC and GSC desperately need more teams.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

leeatu wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:35 pm USC Aiken adding lacrosse has been brought up before. Really hope they finally do; the PBC and GSC desperately need more teams.
Correct. My buddy is a D2 assistant in the South. He was told that it will be officially announced soon.

The old Barton AD brought lacrosse to Barton. He is now at USC Aiken and is bringing lacrosse there.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Hearing Dominican (CA) will be going D2 again. Makes sense with CUI going D2.
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Hearing Dominican (CA) will be going D2 again.
This is great if true! Really nice campus with good faciilites. Begin the westward expansion!
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

sguy9 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:26 am
Hearing Dominican (CA) will be going D2 again.
This is great if true! Really nice campus with good faciilites. Begin the westward expansion!
Can confirm it is true. They will be playing an independent schedule in ‘24 and will be an RMAC affiliate moving forward in ‘25. Sounds like Dominican and CIU are looking to pair as a traveling partner for teams that make the trip out to them. Huge step for the Midwest and Western programs!
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

I had almost forgotten that about 4 years ago in this thread were comments that growth on the west coast would start with Concordia-Irvine and Dominican. Still a long way to go but it appears what was said then is finally happening.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Official announcement from Dominican (CA). Men and women are varsity effective immediately.

https://dominicanathletics.com/news/202 ... on-ii.aspx
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

What conference will they play in? Guessing the RMAC, I’m glad to see the growth but wow what a tough situation, lots of traveling
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:24 am What conference will they play in? Guessing the RMAC, I’m glad to see the growth but wow what a tough situation, lots of traveling
Independent their first year back in D2. RMAC hopefuls going forward.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Has anyone heard anything about Nova or USC Aiken? Surprising a school like Nova would announce during the school year that they’re going to open a search in the spring, but then crickets. I’ve heard rumblings that Nova is going out and contacting “theirs guys” but idk how true those rumors are…
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

StuckinD2 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:35 am Has anyone heard anything about Nova or USC Aiken? Surprising a school like Nova would announce during the school year that they’re going to open a search in the spring, but then crickets. I’ve heard rumblings that Nova is going out and contacting “theirs guys” but idk how true those rumors are…
Believe it or not, I've heard they are exploring going D1. Not sure how accurate that is but that is the latest I've heard,
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

River Donkey wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:47 am
StuckinD2 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:35 am Has anyone heard anything about Nova or USC Aiken? Surprising a school like Nova would announce during the school year that they’re going to open a search in the spring, but then crickets. I’ve heard rumblings that Nova is going out and contacting “theirs guys” but idk how true those rumors are…
Believe it or not, I've heard they are exploring going D1. Not sure how accurate that is but that is the latest I've heard,
I've heard the same thing from a few different people.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Have they hired a coach, or even started the process? It would be great to see D1 lacrosse in South Florida, it needs to be done right and that means $$$. Should be interesting to watch
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Dominican (CA) joins the RMAC for the 2025 season.

https://dominicanathletics.com/news/202 ... -rmac.aspx

https://rmacsports.org/news/2023/11/20/ ... eague.aspx
The Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference will add Dominican University of California as an associate member for the men’s lacrosse league beginning in the 2024-25 academic year, the league announced Monday. Dominican joins the RMAC Men’s Lacrosse league as its sixth member and its second associate member, accompanying Concordia University Irvine, and will begin RMAC competition during the 2025 season.
gmen1986

Post by gmen1986 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:38 pm
did either of these schools end up starting teams? You'd think you wouldve heard about nova southeastern by now... D1 move or not
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

gmen1986 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:57 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:38 pm
did either of these schools end up starting teams? You'd think you wouldve heard about nova southeastern by now... D1 move or not
Nova delayed both mens and womens lax until next year.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Anyone have any insight on Point Park University? They recently released they are transitioning from NAIA to DII and will be joining the mountain east conference. They also just posted their Men's Lacrosse HC position. This would be a start up program.. I would assume they'd be a GMAC School? Looks like a serious City campus, not sure how appealing that is to Student Athletes.. BUT it does look they have successful athletics in NAIA. Their basketball and soccer teams look like they've had a ton of success not sure if they offer enough to be a successful Lacrosse School.
Laxguy22

Post by Laxguy22 »

StuckinD2 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm Anyone have any insight on Point Park University? They recently released they are transitioning from NAIA to DII and will be joining the mountain east conference. They also just posted their Men's Lacrosse HC position. This would be a start up program.. I would assume they'd be a GMAC School? Looks like a serious City campus, not sure how appealing that is to Student Athletes.. BUT it does look they have successful athletics in NAIA. Their basketball and soccer teams look like they've had a ton of success not sure if they offer enough to be a successful Lacrosse School.
It is interesting for sure, would mean that the MEC would have 4 conference teams that have Mlax. Davis & Elkins, Frostburg State, Wheeling, and now Point Park. Would they all leave the GMAC for their own conference (would need to add 2 Associate Members) with AQ's coming? That would in theory split the GMAC - If Point Park adds into the GMAC they will have 12 conference teams... biggest conference in the country? Has to be close.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Laxguy22 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm
StuckinD2 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm Anyone have any insight on Point Park University? They recently released they are transitioning from NAIA to DII and will be joining the mountain east conference. They also just posted their Men's Lacrosse HC position. This would be a start up program.. I would assume they'd be a GMAC School? Looks like a serious City campus, not sure how appealing that is to Student Athletes.. BUT it does look they have successful athletics in NAIA. Their basketball and soccer teams look like they've had a ton of success not sure if they offer enough to be a successful Lacrosse School.
It is interesting for sure, would mean that the MEC would have 4 conference teams that have Mlax. Davis & Elkins, Frostburg State, Wheeling, and now Point Park. Would they all leave the GMAC for their own conference (would need to add 2 Associate Members) with AQ's coming? That would in theory split the GMAC - If Point Park adds into the GMAC they will have 12 conference teams... biggest conference in the country? Has to be close.
I have heard that Salem State is looking to Addl and join the MEC as well. They already have in some other sports. Not sure if its this year or next.. If the MEC does in fact break off and creates there own Lacrosse conference, and gets to 6 teams Frostburg State will have an easy path every year to an NCAA bid.. dont see any of the WV schools competing with them.. With the Addition of AQs in D2 I wouldnt be surprised to see more schools add in the very near future. Interesting for sure..
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Mountain East, their AD is one of the founding members when at Notre Dame of Ohio.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”