Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
hmmm

Re: Games Today

Post by hmmm »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:20 pm Anyone know what has become of No. 21 Lipkin for Maryland?
She's injured. Out for the year.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:19 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:18 pm Our offense is really easy to defend. Since we are generally less athletic than the good teams we need a crisp, speedy passing offense with skip passes to Leubecker and Edmonson. Instead our passes are slow looping predictable.. and we even drop those lobs. It’s a lazy offense. It’s too late… the offense we need that corresponds with our weaknesses would have needed to be developed pre season and drilled in. Penn has a better game philosophy and blueprint with better players and more disciplined execution.
This is why Rosga needs to play. She doesn't have the technical talent that the Mays, Edmondsons and Clevengers have, but she has a great first step and quickness which is exactly what the terps need.
That's gonna be a no from me dawg.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:18 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:16 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:09 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:48 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm Terrible FP call on the other side too and Penn buries it. Evens out the bad calls.
Yup, agreed.
WOW Maryland loses....another new number 1 next week. Crazy season!
I guess Essex wont be making an appearance on the board tonight :roll:

* Penn's first reg season win over Maryland in 40 years???? is that correct?
Last win before tonight was in 2007
**I said Reg Season win. The 2007 win was post-season
I need to pay better attention. You did indeed say that.

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

hmmm wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:20 pm Anyone know what has become of No. 21 Lipkin for Maryland?
She's injured. Out for the year.
Thanks. Sorry to hear that.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:18 pm Our offense is really easy to defend. Since we are generally less athletic than the good teams we need a crisp, speedy passing offense with skip passes to Leubecker and Edmonson. Instead our passes are slow looping predictable.. and we even drop those lobs. It’s a lazy offense. It’s too late… the offense we need that corresponds with our weaknesses would have needed to be developed pre season and drilled in. Penn has a better game philosophy and blueprint with better players and more disciplined execution.
This is why Rosga needs to play. She doesn't have the technical talent that the Mays, Edmondsons and Clevengers have, but she has a great first step and quickness which is exactly what the terps need.
Then who else can they bring in to create some space for Edmonson and Leubacker
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm
Then who else can they bring in to create some space for Edmonson and Leubacker

I think 21 was that player--tough kid who gets to the net. Sorry to hear about her injury, as well. They really miss her on the inside.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Penn’s win and Loyola’s loss makes their game in a few weeks more interesting. Could be a chance for Loyola to get that high quality win that they lack each year. Gives Penn a chance to establish themselves as a top 5 team. Loyola just can’t get over the Cuse hump every year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Yep--last night makes 10 straight losses.
DMac

Post by DMac »

If anyone's been trying to pull up the replay of the Cuse-Loyola game like I have been since yesterday, give it up, there's some sort of glitch and it aint gonna happen. Called ESPN, spoke with Chad, a very nice and helpful young man, and while he didn't know what happened he said this kind of thing will happen once in awhile. He actually saw the replay pulled from available games on the listing while trying to figure it out. Before, you could pull it up, watch a commercial and then see, thanks for watching. The game has now vanished, never to be seen again. Oh, Chad now knows what you would (or wouldn't) call a dog that has no legs too.. He got a pretty big kick out of that.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

IL Women Midseason AA list is garbage. A few really good takes that I agree with, and then a lot of terrible opinions as well. I don’t even want to get started.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm If anyone's been trying to pull up the replay of the Cuse-Loyola game like I have been since yesterday, give it up, there's some sort of glitch and it aint gonna happen. Called ESPN, spoke with Chad, a very nice and helpful young man, and while he didn't know what happened he said this kind of thing will happen once in awhile. He actually saw the replay pulled from available games on the listing while trying to figure it out. Before, you could pull it up, watch a commercial and then see, thanks for watching. The game has now vanished, never to be seen again. Oh, Chad now knows what you would (or wouldn't) call a dog that has no legs too.. He got a pretty big kick out of that.
I just pulled it up fine via ESPNU on YouTubeTV. You're not looking on ESPN+ are you? It wouldn't be saved there if you are. It was televised on ESPNU.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

user1020 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm IL Women Midseason AA list is garbage. A few really good takes that I agree with, and then a lot of terrible opinions as well. I don’t even want to get started.
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DMac

Post by DMac »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm If anyone's been trying to pull up the replay of the Cuse-Loyola game like I have been since yesterday, give it up, there's some sort of glitch and it aint gonna happen. Called ESPN, spoke with Chad, a very nice and helpful young man, and while he didn't know what happened he said this kind of thing will happen once in awhile. He actually saw the replay pulled from available games on the listing while trying to figure it out. Before, you could pull it up, watch a commercial and then see, thanks for watching. The game has now vanished, never to be seen again. Oh, Chad now knows what you would (or wouldn't) call a dog that has no legs too.. He got a pretty big kick out of that.
I just pulled it up fine via ESPNU on YouTubeTV. You're not looking on ESPN+ are you? It wouldn't be saved there if you are. It was televised on ESPNU.
It was on the ACCN channel, which I learned in not really part of the ESPN channels. Go to their schedule and it's listed there but somehow there's a difference. Have always been able to pull up replays (and watch live) there but not this one. You get (got) the game, saw a commercial and then "thanks for watching"...a glitch somewhere. Gotta be some kind of problem going on there right now, I can't even get a listing for replays (lacrosse) on any channels from yesterday. Do you have to have YouTube TV to get that or can you just pull it up on YouTube (which I've tried to find but can only find the highlights)? Got a link?
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Just looking at Northwestern's mid season All-americans. Taylor had a better first half than Coykendoll and Mahoney than Halpern. Not to mention Sammy White has played half the games and didn't look the same when she was playing. SHe had no business being on the list.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

laxfan9999 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm Just looking at Northwestern's mid season All-americans. Taylor had a better first half than Coykendoll and Mahoney than Halpern. Not to mention Sammy White has played half the games and didn't look the same when she was playing. SHe had no business being on the list.
I’d take the opposite view. Taylor is an excellent player flopping aside. But she is getting the third best defender in a man, and she’s the third player you scheme for in a zone.
I take scane and coykendal on my team ahead of Taylor. And you probably would too!!!!
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

DMac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm
It was on the ACCN channel, which I learned in not really part of the ESPN channels. Go to their schedule and it's listed there but somehow there's a difference. Have always been able to pull up replays (and watch live) there but not this one. You get (got) the game, saw a commercial and then "thanks for watching"...a glitch somewhere. Gotta be some kind of problem going on there right now, I can't even get a listing for replays (lacrosse) on any channels from yesterday. Do you have to have YouTube TV to get that or can you just pull it up on YouTube (which I've tried to find but can only find the highlights)? Got a link?
Can confirm it originally aired on ESPNU.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

I haven't looked on YouTube. One of the things I love about YouTube TV is it will record and save for about 11 months every single women's lacrosse game that is aired, regardless of whether it's on BTN, ACCN, ESPNU, ESPN, etc. No cable needed, just internet. I pay about $73 per month. Suits all my cable TV needs and then some. Great deal.

ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

Inside lacrosse lists are a complete sham. First off they have players listed out of position and they over represent the teams they like and under represent others. If all those players on NW belonged on the lists they should never lose a game and if UVA only has one 3rd team player they should never compete with these top teams etc.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

ACClaxfan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm Inside lacrosse lists are a complete sham. First off they have players listed out of position and they over represent the teams they like and under represent others. If all those players on NW belonged on the lists they should never lose a game and if UVA only has one 3rd team player they should never compete with these top teams etc.
Totally agree: Players listed as Midfield that play only attack....They def have fav teams. Very biased
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

ACClaxfan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm Inside lacrosse lists are a complete sham. First off they have players listed out of position and they over represent the teams they like and under represent others. If all those players on NW belonged on the lists they should never lose a game and if UVA only has one 3rd team player they should never compete with these top teams etc.
Totally agree: Players listed as Midfield that play only attack....They def have fav teams. Very biased

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”