Michigan 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
coda

Re: Michigan 2024

Post by coda »

molo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:32 am Q has the Wolverines at 9 despite their inauspicious opener.
That is nuts.. I can see them in the teens, based on the belief that UVa is a top 3 team, but top 10 is nuts
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

coda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:20 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:17 am I suppose Coach Conry will be done with providing bulletin board material. He said something a dumbass 22 year old would say OR something he would say after a few beers off the record.

Time to zip it and focus on coaching.
I dont mind it. I actually think peoples reaction to it is quite funny. Some rally thin-skinned ACC fans.
I have no allegiance to the ACC at all. And don’t find them to be some dominant force over the Big Ten. My point is the public comments were completely unnecessary. You want to say it in your locker room to your kids? Fine. But blasting it out there publicly is just not needed.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

I'm just hoping Michigan takes out all their wrath on Canisius tomorrow. Better for my Statesmen not to be in that line of fire.
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

coda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:20 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:17 am I suppose Coach Conry will be done with providing bulletin board material. He said something a dumbass 22 year old would say OR something he would say after a few beers off the record.

Time to zip it and focus on coaching.
I dont mind it. I actually think peoples reaction to it is quite funny. Some rally thin-skinned ACC fans.
I assure you 99.99% of ACC team fans are just pointing and laughing at Conry rather than offended by his statements. Why be offended by something so demonstrably untrue? ACC has been whooping Michigans butt every single year. That includes last season where they went 0-3 and never came close to a victory, whether it was February or May. If they went 3-0 against the ACC last season, after years of doing pretty well in ACC games, then maybe more people would take actual offense because on some level he would be speaking facts. Now it just feels like if the 49ers coach started next season calling the Chiefs a pretty boy team. The easy response is "what are you doing losing to all these pretty boys all the time then?"
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:52 pm Anyways a shop in a the hood happened to have a bottle of black maple hill which is good but has been overpriced since shops realize they could say “Julian Van Winkle” in relation about a decade ago. This place doesn’t know what it is but they have it marked at $90. Last time I bought one was probably 6-7hrs ago and that was like 65-70 area. It’s all a joke but how limited is the black maple hills these days and if I pay that am I going to be bitter when I see them coming around more frequently in 3-4mo at 60-70?
justanotherperson wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:18 am Depends which Black Maple Hill we talking about. The old taller bottles are fire and Im guessing havent been made for 20 years but the current squat bottles are unfortunately garbage

FFG, JustAP is right....Black Maple Hill was essentially old barrels of Heaven Hill, bottled by the Kulsveeen Family (owners of Willett, which is only just now releasing a little of their own house-made whiskey). It's not the same brand owner anymore.

If you're looking for Black Maple H's profile, just buy older bottlings of Heaven Hill. Same thing...unless you were drinking it in the 80's or early 90'. 10yo McKenna would be a nice choice, I'd think.

https://whiskyauctioneer.com/news/enigm ... maple-hill

If you have more questions, drop it in the Bourbon thread.

....back to UMich Lacrosse, sorry fellas.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:57 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:52 pm Anyways a shop in a the hood happened to have a bottle of black maple hill which is good but has been overpriced since shops realize they could say “Julian Van Winkle” in relation about a decade ago. This place doesn’t know what it is but they have it marked at $90. Last time I bought one was probably 6-7hrs ago and that was like 65-70 area. It’s all a joke but how limited is the black maple hills these days and if I pay that am I going to be bitter when I see them coming around more frequently in 3-4mo at 60-70?
justanotherperson wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:18 am Depends which Black Maple Hill we talking about. The old taller bottles are fire and Im guessing havent been made for 20 years but the current squat bottles are unfortunately garbage

FFG, JustAP is right....Black Maple Hill was essentially old barrels of Heaven Hill, bottled by the Kulsveeen Family (owners of Willett, which is only just now releasing a little of their own house-made whiskey). It's not the same brand owner anymore.

If you're looking for Black Maple H's profile, just buy older bottlings of Heaven Hill. Same thing...unless you were drinking it in the 80's or early 90'. 10yo McKenna would be a nice choice, I'd think.

https://whiskyauctioneer.com/news/enigm ... maple-hill

If you have more questions, drop it in the Bourbon thread.

....back to UMich Lacrosse, sorry fellas.
Got it thanks. Was up high saw it in passing and asked on price but didn’t look closely. I will pay a markup if I like it for scarcity but there’s limits and it’s not all that. But these days so hard to find decent stuff being crowded out I’ve stopped caring after 15yrs of enjoying bourbon from turn of the century until 5-7yrs ago.

Back to Mich, can you guys:

1. Take your ish out on Canisius first and;
2. Leave us some bus change when you take our lunch money next weekend please?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Caught the first 3 of the UM game. 21-5 final.
10-1 at the end of the first quarter, and Michigan was 10/11 on SOG's. Lights out shooting from a lot of people.
Boehm, Cohen and Lockwood all tied with 10 points in 2 games. Justin Tiernan with 9 points, 8G 1A. Looks like when Cohen is at attack, Lockwood is at midfield, and vice versa. But everyone is looking for Tiernan on the inside. Pretty solid from the top 4.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Where is Saturday's game being played? According to your team's web page, it's at Detroit County Day School with no video feed. I thought it was going to be played at your indoor facility? No video ... really?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

oldbartman wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:42 pm Where is Saturday's game being played? According to your team's web page, it's at Detroit County Day School with no video feed. I thought it was going to be played at your indoor facility? No video ... really?
It's being played inside the Field House at Detroit Country Day. Very strange no live feed. I understand the desire to play this game where they are for recruiting purposes, but what is the capacity of this Field House?

Joe
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:27 pm
oldbartman wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:42 pm Where is Saturday's game being played? According to your team's web page, it's at Detroit County Day School with no video feed. I thought it was going to be played at your indoor facility? No video ... really?
It's being played inside the Field House at Detroit Country Day. Very strange no live feed. I understand the desire to play this game where they are for recruiting purposes, but what is the capacity of this Field House?

Joe
Thanks Joe. I appreciate that I'm not alone scratching my head..
brodad

Post by brodad »

Tickets are very liimited apparently. We're told Hobart coaches wanted the game moved earlier so the team could get home at a more reasonable time since they have a Tuesday game against Canisius.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

What the h*ll man … Michigan is 6-3, just beat Maryland, is facing Johns Hopkins on Saturday, and the Michigan 2024 thread is on the FOURTH PAGE?!?

:?

Whatev … Hopkins by 3 goals.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 pm What the h*ll man … Michigan is 6-3, just beat Maryland, is facing Johns Hopkins on Saturday, and the Michigan 2024 thread is on the FOURTH PAGE?!?

i waited several hours, but someone has to say it before the thread disappears again. it's the 2nd page, counselor. 1, 2.
coda

Post by coda »

Very frustrating team. They make so many highlight reel pass attempts, the problem is they only hit on 50% of them. I would have like to see more Cohen initiating from up top with Hopkins pressing out. Beohm had too many avoidable turnovers. Another year where the goalie play is sub-par
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:54 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 pm What the h*ll man … Michigan is 6-3, just beat Maryland, is facing Johns Hopkins on Saturday, and the Michigan 2024 thread is on the FOURTH PAGE?!?

i waited several hours, but someone has to say it before the thread disappears again. it's the 2nd page, counselor. 1, 2.
I found it on the FOURTH PAGE.

@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

coda wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:14 pm Very frustrating team. They make so many highlight reel pass attempts, the problem is they only hit on 50% of them. I would have like to see more Cohen initiating from up top with Hopkins pressing out. Beohm had too many avoidable turnovers. Another year where the goalie play is sub-par
Blue Jay ride, goalie play, and defensive caused turnovers won this game.

Could not have said something like that several seasons ago.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
coda

Post by coda »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:56 pm
coda wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:14 pm Very frustrating team. They make so many highlight reel pass attempts, the problem is they only hit on 50% of them. I would have like to see more Cohen initiating from up top with Hopkins pressing out. Beohm had too many avoidable turnovers. Another year where the goalie play is sub-par

DocBarrister
Hop defense was great, but Michigan had some dumb turnovers. Even some of the forced turnovers were unnecessary and caused by the ball getting stuck in a stick. This has been a consistent issue throughout the year
Young Warrior

Post by Young Warrior »

coda wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:40 pm

DocBarrister
Hop defense was great, but Michigan had some dumb turnovers. Even some of the forced turnovers were unnecessary and caused by the ball getting stuck in a stick. This has been a consistent issue throughout the year
+1 When Michigan eliminates some of these, they become the team we saw at the end of last year. When they don't, its like every other year. Good but not great.
Also, one of the major differences between upper echelon teams and every other good team is finding midfielder scorers that you truly have to honor. Hopkins has a few which differentiates them - Michigan? Maryland?
getitdone

Post by getitdone »

The above point is an absolute bull-eye. Hop has middies that Mich does not have on a consistent basis. MD has the same issues.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Young Warrior wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:57 am
coda wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:40 pm

DocBarrister
+1 When Michigan eliminates some of these, they become the team we saw at the end of last year. When they don't, its like every other year. Good but not great.
Also, one of the major differences between upper echelon teams and every other good team is finding midfielder scorers that you truly have to honor. Hopkins has a few which differentiates them - Michigan? Maryland?
Yes, But Michigan has 6 4” gorillas to rip your head off so shouldn’t matter…….. We know this because Coach Conry said so.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”