Crime and Punishment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Crime and Punishment

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:43 am
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:08 pmNo...you (and right wing media) are jumping on the "RICO isn't a crime" thing. It's not. No big deal, but it's not.
Has AOC broken that news to Fani ? https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/rackete ... act_(rico)
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:08 pmAnd do you understand that they're discussing nonsense conversations from 2017?
What year is it now? 2024, right?
How much longer do you and your team plan on playing the "oh, we've got the goods" game with this Hunter nonsense?
...& speaking of old "crimes". Latitia is seizing all of Trump's properties for a 2011 financial statement.
I'm betting that if trump wins in November that Tish will not be a happy camper. I see a trump weaponized DoJ will make sure Tish has a lotta splainin to do. Trump probably has already visualized what her mug shot will look like. Hell hath no fury like a politician scorned. None of these folks going after Trump ever imagined in their wildest nightmare that trump might win. This entire multi state prosecution was designed around preventing trump from running. It ain't working out quite the way that Democrats planned. They put all of their eggs into one basket. I understand the strategy. A poker player like myself calls it going all in. You either win big or lose big.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Olderbarndog

Post by Olderbarndog »

Bigly? :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:08 pmNo...you (and right wing media) are jumping on the "RICO isn't a crime" thing. It's not. No big deal, but it's not.
Has AOC broken that news to Fani ? https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/rackete ... act_(rico)
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:08 pmAnd do you understand that they're discussing nonsense conversations from 2017?
How much longer do you and your team plan on playing the "oh, we've got the goods" game with this Hunter nonsense?
...& speaking of old "crimes". Latitia is seizing all of Trump's properties for a 2011 financial statement.
She can do that pending appeal?? So what happens if trump wins, besides some forum members jumping from the tops of tall buildings it will get very complicated very quickly. What happened to the America we all use to know? Tish took a Babe Ruth swing for the fences. What is unknown is whether she hit a grand slam or laid a dribbling bunt down first base line. Tish James worst nightmare is trump winning in November. She knows exactly what that means. Her ass is grass and trump is the lawn mower. Why did all of these FLP folks give trump what he so desperately needed? A patsy to blame all of his problems on. It becomes more and more clear to me why you FLP folks are horrific poker players. Trump may win in November because of your ineptitude. You've just used the legal system to try and sink his campaign. You've all just fed into the sympathy of being persecuted that trump is counting on. Good job people, good job.

We play poker usually on the 2nd Saturday of the month. The stakes are .25 .50 with a 3 bump limit. I see a very fertile crop of naive liberals that are low hanging fruit that are ripe for the picking. :D
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yep. It's a law. But it ain't a crime. Wanna try again? Are all laws crimes, OS? :roll:

You have to commit multiple crimes to get prosecuted under the RICO act.

Can't get prosecuted using RICO without underlying crimes. Which leads to AOC's question: what are the underlying crimes?

More hilariously, the guy who was partners with Hunter just told Congress, under oath, that he was a part of an organization that he thinks should be prosecuted using the RICO act.

Please. Pretty please: arrest him. Where do I sign to get that to happen?
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:43 am ...& speaking of old "crimes". Latitia is seizing all of Trump's properties for a 2011 financial statement.
:lol: I thought you LIKED it when prosecutors did that? What happened? Change your mind?

It's like you think you would turn into sand if you had the same standards for anyone in your stupid political party. :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:45 am
She can do that pending appeal?? So what happens if trump wins, besides some forum members jumping from the tops of tall buildings it will get very complicated very quickly. What happened to the America we all use to know? Tish took a Babe Ruth swing for the fences. What is unknown is whether she hit a grand slam or laid a dribbling bunt down first base line. Tish James worst nightmare is trump winning in November. She knows exactly what that means. Her ass is grass and trump is the lawn mower. Why did all of these FLP folks give trump what he so desperately needed? A patsy to blame all of his problems on. It becomes more and more clear to me why you FLP folks are horrific poker players. Trump may win in November because of your ineptitude. You've just used the legal system to try and sink his campaign. You've all just fed into the sympathy of being persecuted that trump is counting on. Good job people, good job.

We play poker usually on the 2nd Saturday of the month. The stakes are .25 .50 with a 3 bump limit. I see a very fertile crop of naive liberals that are low hanging fruit that are ripe for the picking. :D
Speaking of Tish James.....An Irish society, an unpaid loan and the hypocrisy of Letitia James: https://nypost.com/2024/03/17/opinion/a ... tia-james/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:26 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:45 am

Speaking of Tish James.....An Irish society, an unpaid loan and the hypocrisy of Letitia James: https://nypost.com/2024/03/17/opinion/a ... tia-james/
To close to me for my Irish heritage. One thing you can count on from us micks... We will always vote Democrat. Well, most of us will.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Yet another violent criminal, with electronic monitoring, out roaming the streets, kills a cop: https://nypost.com/2024/03/27/us-news/n ... r-funeral/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The internet(s) is having a field day criticizing AOC over her assertion that RICO is "not a crime". Despite all, she is (technically speaking) correct. RICO is not a crime but a law (she said a "category" - that is, a category of law). One passed on or about in 1970.

RICO targets organized criminal activity and gives the government more causes of action with which to enhance punishment so that society may exact greater retribution.

A criminal does not commit a "RICO" but is charged under that statute. Thus, she is correct.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Pastor who sexually abused child for nearly 7 years receives probation

Those darn liberal DAs in... checks notes... Corpus Christi??! Appointed by Greg Abbott.

"The arrest affidavit states the sexual contact with the child began when she was nine."

🤮
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:00 pm Pastor who sexually abused child for nearly 7 years receives probation

Those darn liberal DAs in... checks notes... Corpus Christi??! Appointed by Greg Abbott.

"The arrest affidavit states the sexual contact with the child began when she was nine."

🤮
Inserting "Liberal" in your comment ruined it.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:29 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:00 pm Pastor who sexually abused child for nearly 7 years receives probation

🤮
I'll wait for you to tell everyone else the same thing when they complain about "liberal" DAs.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:31 pm

🤮
I'll wait for you to tell everyone else the same thing when they complain about "liberal" DAs.
you’re the first I’ve recalled doing it.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:35 pm

🤮
Short memory, huh? :lol:

EndWokeness certainly complains a lot about "liberal" DAs and judges. Guess you posting links to them doesn't count. Plus the multiple threads and multiple posters complaining about criminals being let off lightly. Or criminals committing crimes while out on bail or having tons of previous convictions.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:04 pm

🤮

EndWokeness certainly complains a lot about "liberal" DAs and judges. Guess you posting links to them doesn't count. Plus the multiple threads and multiple posters complaining about criminals being let off lightly. Or criminals committing crimes while out on bail or having tons of previous convictions.
As I suspected…conjecture; carry on.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:17 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:31 pm I'll wait for you to tell everyone else the same thing when they complain about "liberal" DAs.

Funny that you never seem to post about conservative DAs and judges letting people off lightly. Guess I missed those posts - my bad. I'll look forward to your posts skewering all the conservative DAs and judges. You know, in addition to all your posts about the liberal ones. So you can prove me wrong.

C&S also loves to skewer those lib DAs and judges in NY - says criminals are running the state now too. I had to Mad Max it through Albany last week just to make it out of the state alive.

I do like the gaslighting though, it fits your brand. You're not really good at it though - it doesn't seem to get a rise from other posters.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:19 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:31 pm I'll wait for you to tell everyone else the same thing when they complain about "liberal" DAs.

Funny that you never seem to post about conservative DAs and judges letting people off lightly. Guess I missed those posts - my bad. I'll look forward to your posts skewering all the conservative DAs and judges. You know, in addition to all your posts about the liberal ones. So you can prove me wrong.

C&S also loves to skewer those lib DAs and judges in NY - says criminals are running the state now too. I had to Mad Max it through Albany last week just to make it out of the state alive.

I do like the gaslighting though, it fits your brand. You're not really good at it though - it doesn't seem to get a rise from other posters.
Living in NYS I have no baseline for judging conservatives. They are extinct in my neck of the woods. I'm not 100% certain but rumor is that Tish James will indite and prosecute any conservative/republican that pops up on her radar. That analogy does not include trump. He is neither conservative or republican.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I do not assign partisan leaning to DA's, only term I have used regularly towards them is cognitive dissonance. I have left the partisan hack to you....try again. ;)
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:05 am

I do not assign partisan leaning to DA's, only term I have used regularly towards them is cognitive dissonance. I have left the partisan hack to you....try again. ;)
Mmm, when you post an equal amount of tweets from ‘liberals’ complaining about some DA letting off criminals easy your objection to will be more credible. But pretty much without exception you post tweets with right wing commentary accusing ‘liberal’ DAs.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:18 am

Living in NYS I have no baseline for judging conservatives. They are extinct in my neck of the woods. I'm not 100% certain but rumor is that Tish James will indite and prosecute any conservative/republican that pops up on her radar. That analogy does not include trump. He is neither conservative or republican.
The only people passing around your “rumor” are conservatives, so maybe not so extinct? Or are you saying that’s what MAGA is spreading and they aren’t actually conservatives? Seems to me that James is indicting criminals not conservatives. As you say, Trump is not actually conservative but he is indeed a criminal and has run criminal enterprises.

Seems to me that prosecuting criminals is in the job description.
NattyBohChamps04

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:07 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:05 am I do not assign partisan leaning to DA's, only term I have used regularly towards them is cognitive dissonance. I have left the partisan hack to you....try again. ;)
Mmm, when you post an equal amount of tweets from ‘liberals’ complaining about some DA letting off criminals easy your objection to will be more credible. But pretty much without exception you post tweets with right wing commentary accusing ‘liberal’ DAs.
Gotta love it. Pages and years of posts calling out soft on crime liberal DAs and judges. From nearly all far-right sources. But that's not "partisan hackery". End Wokeness? Non-partisan. And when I point out that Republicans are also soft on crime sometimes (you'll never guess who they're normally soft on)? I'm the partisan hack.

I'll wear it proudly though. I post a lot of anti-MAGA stuff because it's anti-American IMHO. And it isn't the direction the country should head. If that makes me a "partisan hack", then so be it.

We've got a justice system that needs some work on many fronts. There are a lot of people in jail for a long time for idiotic stuff like marijuana possession. And a lot of rich people get to avoid justice. And there are some violent criminals are on the street who shouldn't be.

Return to “POLITICS”