Game of the Week; Lynchburg vs Gettysburg

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: Game of the Week; Lynchburg vs Gettysburg

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Welp.. think it’s gonna be a long year for my bugs.
Well done Gettysburg. Gonna be fun watching this Freshmen group over the years.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Pitt12 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:14 pm
KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:33 am Lynchburg for sure, Koudelka will not lose to his alma mater, I will set the spread at 4.5 take it or leave it
I will take it Wizard! Although you are the all knowing 🧙 🧙 Wizard. You still have your other profile?
Oh my knowing Wizard….you had it
the wrong way?? AlmightyAllKnowingWizard wrong again. Like I said Gettysburg.
Duckdad

Post by Duckdad »

Tough OT loss for Ducks. Got a defensive stop in OT, had a look after a timeout but turned it over. Faceoffs were a challenge as stevens only won a few. Sucks to lose the game but it was a great game. Dickinson is a very good team. Their fans are are really disrespectful.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Duckdad wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:18 pm Tough OT loss for Ducks. Got a defensive stop in OT, had a look after a timeout but turned it over. Faceoffs were a challenge as stevens only won a few. Sucks to lose the game but it was a great game. Dickinson is a very good team. Their fans are are really disrespectful.
Ask any CC team and they would probably agree
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

impressive win for GBurg. i really thought lynchburg was ready to make a run. maybe GBurg is just a lot better than i expected.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

ah23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:43 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:14 am Agree with all those takes. I think Lynchburg rolls. Curious to see how the Hornets gel this year. 7 grad students, it looks great on paper. I mean, how long can you keep top recruited talent, who have been waiting patiently to contribute, and are only engaged in sideline celebrations, bought in?
I know opinions on this differ, but I think end of the bench guys being involved in celebrations is actually a good indicator of a positive culture and everyone being bought in. It's really easy to get frustrated/bitter when you're not playing, and I always like seeing sidelines that are fully engaged. It's one of the reasons why I think the constant policing of sideline celebrations is so ridiculous.
AH, nah man, we're on the same page, a quiet bench is a terrible sign. I just don't like the vulgar stuff that has crept into the cellys. My point was, listen, these kids on the bench, if it weren't for the NC$$, would be on the field. This isn't specific to the Bugs. They have 7 grad students, all are likely wonderful people and leaders. That fact has to be presented and addressed or it'll fester with the parents, the kids, the team. The consolation prize of getting to execute celebration choreography can only last so long. I'm curious to see how all these squads handle it.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Duckdad wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:18 pm Tough OT loss for Ducks. Got a defensive stop in OT, had a look after a timeout but turned it over. Faceoffs were a challenge as stevens only won a few. Sucks to lose the game but it was a great game. Dickinson is a very good team. Their fans are are really disrespectful.
The Ducks should have a very good season. I thought the game would be tight and it was great to see them claw their way into it after being down a few goals.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:58 pm Welp.. think it’s gonna be a long year for my bugs.
Well done Gettysburg. Gonna be fun watching this Freshmen group over the years.
NBTL, where was Mitchell?

valaxfan
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

I saw a cryptic post that the commentator said something about a Lynchburg fan. Anyone have any details?
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

JPAtlantic wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:37 pm I saw a cryptic post that the commentator said something about a Lynchburg fan. Anyone have any details?
Saw the same thing on a Gettysburg X post. (A personal post not an official school or team account). I was at the game and didn't see or hear anything that would warrant a comment. Everyone was to cold to make a ruckus. Coach K was riled up a few times at the refs and a clock issue but that's his job! Bottom line I have no idea.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

The stream commentator made a few remarks about a Lynchburg fan who was yelling enough to be notable, but I don't have any knowledge of the situation beyond that.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

The commentators were downright irritating. I muted them. If you're going to announce a game, take 15 minutes and ask for the phonetic pronunciations. Even Carc and Quint do that. "Woah, another freshman! Whose name I cannot pronounce!"

Otherwise, I came away impressed with the fearless play by the Bullets. Lynchburg will exercise the demons against my Cavs for sure now, at home. Coach K will use that as a teachable moment. No game is won on paper. Couldn't just roll over and give my boys the edge? That's Gettysburg for ya. Leave us in the trenches taking grenades. Selfish.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

When I heard Toners interview I kinda thought he played up the experience disadvantage as a motivational shtick. He knew his guys and they rose to the occasion. Very impressive shooting in cold, windy conditions.. #17 is excellent pole.
Early for everyone including announcers. He was knowledgeable but agree not knowing any players got annoying... Disappointed hearing of what was described as a LYN Parent bickering. Lax Dad’s exist but not a good look especially at Coach K’s Alma mater.
As for Mitchell VALaxfan?? I don’t know. Assuming, hopefully short recovery and he returns soon. #2 Grant Voight started with Wolfe and Rust @ Mid but left game early. Midfield was out of sync, ball stuck in sticks and 2nd line didn’t see much run in 3rd and 4th Q..
#52 Luke Meadows started SSDM and also left game early.
Coach K loves that away early road trip for unity will use this to draw from. Lots to sort out down in Virginia before the Cavs. Hope Coach K explains to that lax dad to STFU..
Last edited by Nothinbutthelax on Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:36 pm When I heard Toners interview I kinda thought he played up the experience disadvantage as a motivational shtick. He knew his guys and they rose to the occasion. Very impressive shooting in cold, windy conditions.. #17 is excellent pole.
Early for everyone including announcers. He was knowledgeable but agree not knowing any players got annoying... Disappointed hearing of what was described as a LYN Parent bickering. Lax Dad’s exist but not a good look especially at Coach K’s Alma mater.
As for Mitchell VALaxfan?? I don’t know. Assuming, hopefully short recovery and he returns soon. #2 Grant Voight started with Wolfe and Rust @ Mid but didn’t left game early. Midfield was out of sync, ball stuck in sticks and 2nd line didn’t see much run in 3rd and 4th Q..
Coach K loves that away early road trip for unity will use this to draw from. Lots to sort out down in Virginia before the Cavs. Hope Coach K explains to that lax dad to STFU..
Wasn’t a dad, alumni I believe. Was screaming for a quick restart when the clock guy was having issues. Not a great look, but wasn’t yelling at players.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:36 pm When I heard Toners interview I kinda thought he played up the experience disadvantage as a motivational shtick. He knew his guys and they rose to the occasion. Very impressive shooting in cold, windy conditions.. #17 is excellent pole.
As for Mitchell VALaxfan?? I don’t know. Assuming, hopefully short recovery and he returns soon. #2 Grant Voight started with Wolfe and Rust @ Mid but didn’t left game early. Midfield was out of sync, ball stuck in sticks and 2nd line didn’t see much run in 3rd and 4th Q..
Thanks NBTL. He's a very good player, despite his great games against the Gennies, love watching him play, but not against us, LoL.

valaxfan
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

2 ranked games tonight:

Tufts v Union 6:00
http://tuftsjumbocast.com/

Babson v Bowdoin 7:00
https://babsonsportsnetwork.com/
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

SKUD wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 am 2 ranked games tonight:

I think Union's D is good but not good enough to stem the shooting chances from Tufts. Jumbos by 6.

If Babson's middies can get to the middle to get shots then they are going to be a big problem for the Polar Bears. Babson by 1.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

BallHunt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:05 pm
SKUD wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 am 2 ranked games tonight:

I think Union's D is good but not good enough to stem the shooting chances from Tufts. Jumbos by 6.

If Babson's middies can get to the middle to get shots then they are going to be a big problem for the Polar Bears. Babson by 1.
i agree with both takes. Tufts wants revenge on a LL teams and Union doesn't seem to have all it takes to slow them down like RIT. After Endicott loss seems like Bowdoin has to have this one and should be ready and healthy after no game this past weekend. But Babson at home could be too tough anyway.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”