Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:23 am Let's circle back to my original question. Do any of you folks have a problem with illegal aliens owning guns? I'm not sure how they can pass a background check?
Most of us here are ok with keeping guns out of the hands of illegal immigrants. Along with keeping them out of the hands of a lot of other people.

Unfortunately we're bound by the constitution and precedent set by a lot of conservative justices.

We were making fun that a bunch of you made your 2A bed and now you gotta lie in it.

A lot of Republicans became really anti-gun when black people started carrying them around a few decades back. Funny that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:34 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:23 am Let's circle back to my original question. Do any of you folks have a problem with illegal aliens owning guns? I'm not sure how they can pass a background check?
Most of us here are ok with keeping guns out of the hands of illegal immigrants. Along with keeping them out of the hands of a lot of other people.

Unfortunately we're bound by the constitution and precedent set by a lot of conservative justices.

We were making fun that a bunch of you made your 2A bed and now you gotta lie in it.
If your a law abiding citizen your 2nd amendment rights should not be infringed. It actually says so in the 2nd amendment. Imagine that!!
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:41 am

If your a law abiding citizen your 2nd amendment rights should not be infringed. It actually says so in the 2nd amendment. Imagine that!!
That -- of course -- is not the issue. The issue is what constitute Second Amendment rights. Rights to own an anti-aircraft gun? Bazooka? Hand-held rocket launcher? Tanks for tree and stump removal?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

A lot of Republicans became really anti-gun when black people started carrying them around a few decades back. Funny that.
So those white crackers get all uppity when black folks own weapons. :D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:45 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:41 am

That -- of course -- is not the issue. The issue is what constitute Second Amendment rights. Rights to own an anti-aircraft gun? Bazooka? Hand-held rocket launcher? Tanks for tree and stump removal?
You got me thinking counselor. I just got back from shopping at Wegmans. A bazooka would have come in handy while trying to park. I'm going to have a look see what I can find on Amazon.
NattyBohChamps04

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:41 am If your a law abiding citizen your 2nd amendment rights should not be infringed. It actually says so in the 2nd amendment. Imagine that!!
Yep! It also says any non-citizen has 2nd amendment rights that should not be infringed. And that various non-law abiding citizens and non-citizens can have 2nd amendment rights too! It actually says so in the 2nd amendment. Imagine that!!
NattyBohChamps04

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:46 am So those white crackers get all uppity when black folks own weapons. :D
Yep. With Ronald Reagan leading the way for gun control! The actor!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:41 am If your a law abiding citizen your 2nd amendment rights should not be infringed. It actually says so in the 2nd amendment. Imagine that!!
Yep! It also says any non-citizen has 2nd amendment rights that should not be infringed. And that various non-law abiding citizens and non-citizens can have 2nd amendment rights too! It actually says so in the 2nd amendment. Imagine that!!
So how do pass the background check??
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:31 pm
What background check? Just buy from your local gun-runner...

And please don't tell me he didn't know exactly who he was selling to. Who else would pay a markup like he was charging?

"In a heavily redacted warrant affidavit released Thursday, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said Malinowski bought over 150 guns between May 2021 and February 2024 that he resold without a dealer’s license, KARK-TV reported.

About a half-dozen of those were found after being linked to a crime, and undercover federal agents bought three more from Malinowski at Arkansas gun shows, the affidavit said."

https://apnews.com/article/atf-agent-sh ... 963a7b89a5
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
NattyBohChamps04

2nd amendment doesn't say anything about a background check. Read it and let me know if you find anything in there on them.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:23 pm
2nd amendment doesn't say anything about a background check. Read it and let me know if you find anything in there on them.
If you purchase any fire arm in NYS you have to have a background check. Even if you purchase the weapon at a gun show. The only exception is if you own the weapon illegally then you don't need a background check. Hell in NYS now you have to have a background check to purchase ammunition.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting chart.....based on all the laws out there, does not appear any of them impact the national average enough to argue their case.

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-polic ... ality.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:40 am Interesting chart.....based on all the laws out there, does not appear any of them impact the national average enough to argue their case.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean; help?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:26 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:40 am Interesting chart.....based on all the laws out there, does not appear any of them impact the national average enough to argue their case.

Drugs and guns don’t kill. We need to do a better job legalizing drugs. Why stop at marijuana? A pill can’t take itself… plenty of pills don’t kill people.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:29 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:26 am

Drugs and guns don’t kill. We need to do a better job legalizing drugs. Why stop at marijuana? A pill can’t take itself… plenty of pills don’t kill people.
Here is a suggestion allow unrestricted access to firearms and then ban all sales of ammunition. Can't shoot anybody with no bullets.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Didn't know where to post this, but since guns were involved and so many of us have connections to upstate NY:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/syracuse-s ... pect-dead/

My son-in-law still has family in Liverpool, and strong connections to the Liverpool and N. Syracuse area: https://www.syracuse.com/vintage/2016/0 ... syrac.html
Those mentioned in the article were his maternal grandparents.

My daughter and his family were also one town over from Tabb VA when the 6 year old shot his teacher.

This shite has got to stop.
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04

WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

In case anyone might find this interesting. 49 minutes podcast. "Host Stephen Gutowski and guest T. Becket Adams discuss their firearms reporting training program at the National Journalism Center.":

https://share.fireside.fm/episode/HGsI3XtY+M-d7MESz

FWIW. YMMV.

And perhaps more topical than ever as we enter into more amplified phases of algorithmically mediated (controlled?) society & culture. As traditional journalism and news media's formerly sacrosanct guiding principles are being increasingly warped, blended, and weaponized - a weary (and increasingly apathetic and/or lacking in discernment skills) public seems less and less capable of separating fact from fiction, news from activism, and reality from augmented smoke and mirror replacement "realities".

Something I've been musing upon these past few years, and in many cases muse leads to confuse! :roll:

Oh, well. Coffee, early spring weeding, and perhaps a ride await.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
Typical Lax Dad

Return to “POLITICS”