D3 Men NCAA Tournament

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Fast Break

Re: D3 Men NCAA Tournament

Post by Fast Break »

going to OT. Williams with 3 goal run...
suthunlax

Post by suthunlax »

Williams helped by lack of self-discipline on part of RIT's offense...I wouldn't want to be near Coon if they lose...
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

Williams wins 12-11.
suthunlax

Post by suthunlax »

Williams for the victory in 2OT...great effort by both teams, although neither coach can be happy with the number of turnovers. RIT kept giving Williams opportunities to stay in the game and the Ephs hung tough. Tigers lacked the crisp passing and timely picking of previous Coon teams.
suthunlax

Post by suthunlax »

5-3 Sal leading Denison with 5:00 left in first...if Sal goes up by five or more, don't think Big Red have the horses to keep up.

Smashmouth game between York and Cabrini...2-1 spartans entering 2nd
suthunlax

Post by suthunlax »

5-3 Sal leading Denison with 5:00 left in first...if Sal goes up by five or more, don't think Big Red have the horses to keep up.

Smashmouth game between York and Cabrini...2-1 spartans entering 2nd...i like Spartans' discipline and think they will cause Cav stars to lose their cool...been looking fwd to this one all day (and I have no ties to either school)
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

admin wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:34 pm Every time the announcer says Eefs (ee = like eat), and he does it a LOT, when it should be ephs (like the letter "f" or short for Ephraim), I cringe. Maybe it's on purpose...
From a NESCACer, it is Eefs, not Effs, he is saying it right. Tremendous win for Williams and the league, I don’t care who played sloppy. RIT is always a fantastic team that is just about as good or just a bit better than the top (usually) 2-3 NESCAC teams (this year 4-5). They could beat any of them but they are always so hyped as being such a favorite because they don’t have the top of league quality to have to contend with and thus always role in, virtually always at home, as the favorite when they should not be.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

I think there is no way Williams beats Amherst 3x, early call of Jeffs 14-11
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

5-1 York at half
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
overandback

Post by overandback »

pcowlax wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:36 pm
admin wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:34 pm Every time the announcer says Eefs (ee = like eat), and he does it a LOT, when it should be ephs (like the letter "f" or short for Ephraim), I cringe. Maybe it's on purpose...
From a NESCACer, it is Eefs, not Effs, he is saying it right. Tremendous win for Williams and the league, I don’t care who played sloppy. RIT is always a fantastic team that is just about as good or just a bit better than the top (usually) 2-3 NESCAC teams (this year 4-5). They could beat any of them but they are always so hyped as being such a favorite because they don’t have the top of league quality to have to contend with and thus always role in, virtually always at home, as the favorite when they should not be.
Nice comment. Timely too.
Reflects well on Williams, and all of NESCAC.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

:shock: Cabrini over York 11-10 in OT
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

overandback wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:27 pmFrom a NESCACer, it is Eefs, not Effs, he is saying it right. Tremendous win for Williams and the league, I don’t care who played sloppy. RIT is always a fantastic team that is just about as good or just a bit better than the top (usually) 2-3 NESCAC teams (this year 4-5). They could beat any of them but they are always so hyped as being such a favorite because they don’t have the top of league quality to have to contend with and thus always role in, virtually always at home, as the favorite when they should not be.
I stand corrected. Doesn't make sense as it's named after a gentleman named Ephraim but... I stand corrected.

As for your Part II, nonsense. Union lost 12-11 to Williams by 1 and beat Middlebury by 4. St. Lawrence beat Middlebury by 6 and Bowdoin by 8. The Liberty League is plenty competitive.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 pm :shock: Cabrini over York 11-10 in OT
:shock:
ah23

Post by ah23 »

admin wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 pm As for your Part II, nonsense. Union lost 12-11 to Williams by 1 and beat Middlebury by 4. St. Lawrence beat Middlebury by 6 and Bowdoin by 8. The Liberty League is plenty competitive.
Middlebury and Bowdoin were 7th and 9th in the NESCAC.
ArtisticLax52

Post by ArtisticLax52 »

Way to roll Cavs !
What a great 2nd half !
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Credit to Cabrini. They battled back from a big hole at half time and kept pouring it on. Their Coach did a great job and good for those young men to crack the final four...
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

Congrats to the Cavaliers!!! Great job fellas!!!

GO CAVS!!!!
suthunlax

Post by suthunlax »

Well-deserved wins by Ephs and Cavs. Both games reinforced that notion that Yogi Berra was indeed a genius ("It ain't over 'til it's over.").

Who's kicking themselves harder right now, RIT or York?

Seagulls looked awfully good against Denison.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

D3 MEN: As expected, Salisbury beat Denision and, not as expected... Williams beat RIT, Cabrini beat York, and Amherst beat Tufts... and the Computer Rankings have been updated. And before people freak out, the rankings are based on each team's body of work this season.
http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2019/05/15/201 ... gs-may-15/
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

Looks good to me ;)

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”