D3 Men NCAA Tournament

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: D3 Men NCAA Tournament

Post by DeepPocket »

Another good set of previews for the coming games.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... hing/54542
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
NYLaxer

Post by NYLaxer »

NYLaxer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:25 am
palaxoff wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:48 am
Never said that but I think we can agree the CC is a tougher league than the NEWMAC. Honestly think this UC team was playing a little bit above their pay grade all year, especially this past week without DeSimone.
Not sure if the CC claim meets the smell test this year, All 3 teams from CC were the favored at home in first round and none succeeded.

As for Ursinus, looking at stats they out played Springfield except the 1 stat that counts. Even without DeSimone they scored 15.
Both teams played hard. Never look to take anything away from Springfield, but where UC fell down was errors. As you said, they scored 15 with the attack they had so offense wasn't weak. D wasn't weak but there were stupid errors, esp in OT when they turned the ball over after winning FO, with no SF guys around. Can't do that when each team is in a frenzy due to OT. They had another outstanding/highlight reel GK show from their senior, but when you give the ball away, you are going to lose. SF won with a subpar GK day. That tells you something right there.
Though this is over and history, I wanted to clarify. SF won the game with a subpar performance from their GK, not the GK from U.
~~Played in the days when the helmets weren't nearly as cool!
Atticus

Post by Atticus »

Hey, thanks for clarifying which goalie you meant to throw under the bus...
palaxoff

Post by palaxoff »

Cabrini is 0 and 2 against top 10 teams, 1 and 2 against top 20 teams. York is 2 and 2 against top 10, 5 and 2 against top 20. Cabrini’s ranking is misleading based on a fairly weak SOS, and Cabrini has not had much exposure nor success against top teams. York wins, again fairly easily.

Williams 4 and 3 against top 10, 6 and 3 against top 20. RIT 5 and 1 against top 10, 8 and 1 against top 20. Again, both teams very experienced and successful against top teams. Think Williams is recently battle-tested in NESCAC tournament and peaking and will prevail.
Kind of the thinking why I think Cabrini can win. While their league schedule it pitiful, their OC schedule is usually strong. They usually schedule a lot of traditional Top 20 teams. Their 2 loses are to Salisbury and York. There must be a reason they are 6th in Coaches poll. Like most reviews, ball possession and low turnovers are the deciding factors

Williams is having a very good season in awhile but has no real NCAA Tournament experience. RIT does have experience and is ranked # 1 in coaches poll. Only loss to Amherst was on less then 1 days rest after beating York the day before, so I won't over value that game.
Boomakegga

Post by Boomakegga »

Cabrini/York should be a good game. In round 1 Cabrini players Krug, Cressman, and Carver were injured. Cabrini spotted them 6 goals in the first half and actually scored more than York in second half including a couple of soft ones as they pressed to gain clock. The real issue was face off where Cabrini struggled. There will be 5 guys for Cabrini that didn’t play in round one that contribute. It would still be an upset for Cavs to pull it out but not crazy.

Relative to Cabrini strength of schedule. It doesn’t seem intentionally weak. More that traditionally good teams like Lynchburg, OWU, Ithaca, Dickinson, HSC and Stevenson with down years. Not like they went to to sand bag a record. Just ended up that way. Who else deserves to be # 3 in the South?
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Who else deserves to be # 3 in the South?
Booyah Boom,

One could make an argument for W&L but I vote for the Cabrini Cavs. I especially liked the way they pushed back against the Mustangs and their coach. Wish I had been there to witness it. Good luck tomorrow.
Cnoll

Post by Cnoll »

MrLax2U wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 pm
Who else deserves to be # 3 in the South?
Booyah Boom,

One could make an argument for W&L but I vote for the Cabrini Cavs. I especially liked the way they pushed back against the Mustangs and their coach. Wish I had been there to witness it. Good luck tomorrow.
Please explain what happened with the Mustangs and their coach
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Cnoll, I didn't see the game and there is no replay available but when you get a chance, look at the Box Score.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

D3 MEN: Today's Quarterfinal Games: 3 PM - #1 Tufts vs. #5 Amherst, 5 PM - #2 RIT vs. #8 Williams, 7 PM - #4 York vs. #7 Cabrini, 7 PM - #3 Salisbury vs. #6 Denison.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the Quarterfinals: 3 NESCAC, 2 CAC, 1 Liberty, 1 AEC, 1 NCAC.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Wow. 7-4 Amherst after 1.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

9-5 Amherst at the half.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Amherst wins it 13-11
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

13-11 Amherst over Tufts
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

1-0 Williams after 1
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

halftime. rit 3, williams 2.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

winner of this game faces amherst, the only team to beat RIT this season.
Fast Break

Post by Fast Break »

8-7 RIT end of 3
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Every time the announcer says Eefs (ee = like eat), and he does it a LOT, when it should be ephs (like the letter "f" or short for Ephraim), I cringe. Maybe it's on purpose...

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”