Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Games Today

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:08 pm Then you should be aware of a current member of your 'Cats that has developed quite the rep for falling down.
And upon knowing--what action should that garner from me?

Madison Taylor put up 4 goals, 3 assists, 2-4 FPS, 1 GB and 9 DC’s against Johns Hopkins. Not bad for an afternoon of falling down. She goes down easy? Maybe. Maybe who knows--I'm not out there on the field with her--are you? I can tell you one thing, she doesn’t wave her hair around whiplash style like the Syracuse player I alluded to, and she doesn’t cover her face with her hands when she goes down like the Maryland player I alluded to. There’s falling down and there’s flopping falling down. Madison Taylor spent half the night in the hospital once after a vicious cross check delivered to her kidneys by a stick-y green dog team notorious for their nasty stick work. Was her falling down legitimate then or was she just adding another incident to her rep?

Please--don't come at me with your 'Cats. I don't appreciate it. They're a favorite team of mine. My daughter doesn't play for them so they're not my 'Cats.

Thank you.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:12 pm
eastcoastlax wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:51 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:01 pm
eastcoastlax wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:44 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 pm Goodale is a beast
Sorry but any player that flops that much you cannot call a beast.
What does one have to do with the other? Further--how does one trait detract from the other?
I guess we just have a different idea of what a beast is in regard to sports . I see players like Ward and Skane as being beasts in that they don’t embellish to get calls , actually they do the opposite , they run thru the fouls acting as if they barely even noticed . Strange that most of us find it annoying when offensive players flop to get the call but when defenders do it most don’t seem to care . There is nothing worse in this sport than when any player clearly flops to the ground or grabs their head when nothing happened and the “ offending” player gets tossed out of the game . I guess I think of a beast as a player who goes hard and does not worry about getting the ref to make bogus calls. That said Goodale is one of the better defenders out there , just wish she did not flop so much .
well said...
+1
Are we referring to a play that happened in the Albany game? Didn't watch.
DMac

Post by DMac »

This girl blows me away!! She's phenomenal game in and game out. Tough, and fearless too....balls to the wall player who you can count on. I'd like to see her shoot more when she brings the ball down on a clear (I'm guessing she hasn't taken four shots all year...and I'm guessing high on that). Took one v Albany, was a good shot, GK made a better save....wouldn't ya know. She'll pull out on a FPS too, I just can't imagine her not being able to get to the cage and put it by the GK (saw her pull out from the center hash in one of the recent games...I don't get that).
This is nonsense that eastcoastlax is putting out there. She's an absolute beast who is very good at drawing the charge. Gets herself in position to get run over, then you're going to call that a flop...I don't think so.
The diminutive Benoit is a mini beast too....what a crazy good defender she is, and tough as nails to boot. It's not wise to hold on to the ball when Katie and Kaci are hounding you.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JMU at UVA at 5:00. UVA by 1, 15-14 in 11 overtimes. Please?
Bart

Post by Bart »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:03 am JMU at UVA at 5:00. UVA by 1, 15-14 in 11 overtimes. Please?
Lets just pump the brakes a little. I can't see it going much past 9 overtimes. :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:18 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:03 am JMU at UVA at 5:00. UVA by 1, 15-14 in 11 overtimes. Please?
Lets just pump the brakes a little. I can't see it going much past 9 overtimes. :lol:
You've always shown more maturity and moderation than I have, Bart.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:12 am
Bart wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:18 am
You've always shown more maturity and moderation than I have, Bart.
Thanks........my mom would have been so proud for someone to actually say that about me. ;)
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

McLax9777 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:30 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:15 pm
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:50 pm
laxlaxlax wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:42 pm Cuse up 13-3 over UNC. They are scoring for fun now, UNC having a nightmare in the dome
Can we stop pretending UNC is still a top program? Cuse has struggled this season (a lot) and they are beating them by 11.
UNC has all those “top recruits” and can’t beat another “competitive” program. Ortega days are long gone.
You most not know much about us knowing we have had 5 season ending injuries and all 5 of those players could be starters. We lost a star defender, our leading scorer from last season, the #1 overall recruit, an amazing draw taker, and a young good midfielder in Kaleigh Harden.

A bad loss but we obviously haven’t found our footing this season with a young offense.
If this was any other team, I’d agree. There should be layers upon layers of talent they way UNC claims to recruit. The season shouldn’t depend on a few kids, or their injuries, one being a freshman who is an unknown quantity to begin with. I agree BWW incredibly talented, I have to imagine they have other talented girls on D, and offense. So is it the coaching ? 20-5 loss is a embarrassing, especially when Syracuse has pretty much lost to anyone decent.
Rewatched the UNC/Cuse game. It almost begged me to say that Levy through the towel in on this game and used it as a trial. UNC PLAYED ZONE D - they NEVER play zone D and they chose to try it out against a team that plays Zone D themselves (so the Cuse offense practices vs Zone D every day in practice). To see how bad it was, watch Maddie Baxter (Cuse #49) goal, Cuse goal #5. UNC players were watching her dodge and stood there like cones. To boot, only 2 of Cuse's second half goals were UNASSISTED. Cuse was picking apart that Zone, but it really wasn't too hard.

UNC has LAYERS OF TALENT there in Chapel Hill, but you also can't just try to reinvent the wheel vs a Top 10 team and expect good results. INFLATED result for Syracuse, poor coaching by UNC. It also irked me that Cuse played 4 total subs - FOUR. No backup goalie getting action, no kids that Treanor will have to rely on next year, that makes ZERO sense as well. UNC threw out 16 subs (again, almost didn't care...)

And if Cuse would have made all of their FPSs as DMAC insists, it would have been 22-5.
Last edited by intheknow247 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

spidey44 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:32 am
hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 am
spidey44 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:26 pm
laxlaxlax wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:56 pm Dartmouth up 14-11 over USC with 5 minutes to go
I was looking at the box post game. USC goalie had 3 saves, gave up 17. Devir hurt?
No. She’s just had a really tough year. .327 save percentage and got pulled last game against UC Davis after giving up 10 goals on 12 shots in 43 mins.
Thanks... So what you're saying is goaltending is their Achilles heel?
Now THIS is good Spidey!
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:29 am
This girl blows me away!! She's phenomenal game in and game out. Tough, and fearless too....balls to the wall player who you can count on. I'd like to see her shoot more when she brings the ball down on a clear (I'm guessing she hasn't taken four shots all year...and I'm guessing high on that). Took one v Albany, was a good shot, GK made a better save....wouldn't ya know. She'll pull out on a FPS too, I just can't imagine her not being able to get to the cage and put it by the GK (saw her pull out from the center hash in one of the recent games...I don't get that).
This is nonsense that eastcoastlax is putting out there. She's an absolute beast who is very good at drawing the charge. Gets herself in position to get run over, then you're going to call that a flop...I don't think so.
The diminutive Benoit is a mini beast too....what a crazy good defender she is, and tough as nails to boot. It's not wise to hold on to the ball when Katie and Kaci are hounding you.
Geez maybe get over your crush . She is a good player but has a deserved reputation as a player who embellishes to get the call . I have seen it for years , yes she gets a lot of charge calls , some deserved , some not , those are bad enough . Add in the head grabbing and it’s a bit much . As far as her taking more shots , there is a reason she plays defense not midfield . Seems to me you think the whole team are beasts , you would have thought they would have beat Stony Brook easy .
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Was openly rooting against Lindenwood when it was 7 - 7. If they lost against You gotten would be a lot easier. Gonna be a shame they don’t have a shot at playing in the ASUN Tourney. I don’t think they would win, but they’ll be an excuse saying what if.
DMac

Post by DMac »

eastcoastlax wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:56 pm
Geez maybe get over your crush . She is a good player but has a deserved reputation as a player who embellishes to get the call . I have seen it for years , yes she gets a lot of charge calls , some deserved , some not , those are bad enough . Add in the head grabbing and it’s a bit much . As far as her taking more shots , there is a reason she plays defense not midfield . Seems to me you think the whole team are beasts , you would have thought they would have beat Stony Brook easy .
My crush?? This is what you call one's appreciation of a phenomenal player?
I've watched her for a few years now myself and I'm not buying what you're
selling. Goodale doesn't embellish much at all, frankly I see very little of that
from her. She gets herself in the right position and goes down from contact.
Get over your Goodale hate (like I have a crush) and see what she does rather
than what you're imagining.
Thanks for letting me know what position she plays. If she made up her mind
that she wanted to score she would, no question in my mind about that. She's
D minded and dishes.
Pretty weak and cheap shot with the Stony Brook comment, completely unnecessary
and irrelevant. Give Joe credit for getting his girls sky high and their playing at
a high and intense level. Cuse took the game too lightly, could see that before
the first draw. Nice game by the Seawolves.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:06 pm
eastcoastlax wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:56 pm
My crush?? This is what you call one's appreciation of a phenomenal player?
I've watched her for a few years now myself and I'm not buying what you're
selling. Goodale doesn't embellish much at all, frankly I see very little of that
from her. She gets herself in the right position and goes down from contact.
Get over your Goodale hate (like I have a crush) and see what she does rather
than what you're imagining.
Thanks for letting me know what position she plays. If she made up her mind
that she wanted to score she would, no question in my mind about that. She's
D minded and dishes.
Pretty weak and cheap shot with the Stony Brook comment, completely unnecessary
and irrelevant. Give Joe credit for getting his girls sky high and their playing at
a high and intense level. Cuse took the game too lightly, could see that before
the first draw. Nice game by the Seawolves.
Dmac is spicy!!!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Forgot about this, there are cards for flopping this year, no?
How many of those does Katie have this year?
Need a hint?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

JMU & UVA just running wind sprints this quarter
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:57 pm Forgot about this, there are cards for flopping this year, no?
Need a hint?
No dog in this fight, but I haven't seen a card for flopping all year and I watch a lot of lacrosse.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:19 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:57 pm Forgot about this, there are cards for flopping this year, no?
Need a hint?
No dog in this fight, but I haven't seen a card for flopping all year and I watch a lot of lacrosse.
Same
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

5-2 UVA in a sloppy first quarter.
OuttaNowhereWregget

It's not a stretch to say that Virginia could challenge for ACC title(s) this year. Up 7-2 late in 1st.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

I'm kind of surprised that Richmond is only up 1 against George Mason right now - 10-9 in 2nd.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”