Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Games Today

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm Big Green is surprisingly young, especially since so many contributors from 2023 are back ... freshman and sophomores. The kids are alright!
Hosting Yale Saturday. Think BG takes it?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Glad to hear that. Actually, I was just being a bit of a smart asz, re freshman. Found it irresistible for some reason.
Big debate about its improperness going on over on the men's side. You can find it all on this thread.
What's with all the "Power Play" nonsense on ESPN this year?

Unknown Participant wrote: ↑Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:00 pm
Carc is an outlier. I have been to 20-30 college hockey/lax games this year (since Oct 2023) and the programs and announcers without fail used "first year," as do almost all of the streams I watch.

DMc wrote:
Nope, he's not an outlier, might be that way in the little circle you're operating in but certainly not everywhere.
Tell me I'm mistaken in that fr is an abbreviation for freshman here.
https://cuse.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster
Or here.
https://goheels.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster
See what they call their boys at Hopkins...and do I see
attack in there?
https://hopkinssports.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster]
Cuse-Albany in the Dome in a couple of hours....always a pleasure to watch the freshman Benoit play, she's been mighty impressive so far this year. The orange shoed senior Goodale has been too.
GO CUSE!!!!
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:28 am
watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:05 am
Hello wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:39 pm The Ivy League (except Penn) highly underrated at the beginning of the season as opposed to overrated teams such as Army, Clemson, USC, Penn State, UConn, UMass, Duke, and Albany.
I am happy that the Ivies are playing well enough to be back in the conversation and competitive. Pretty remarkable, given the 2-year hiatus.

The win over USC yesterday was Dartmouth's first win against a ranked opponent since March 2020, when the #15 Big Green knocked off #5 Florida within the friendly confines of Scully Fahey Field. A good day for the kids.
It’s a nice win for Dartmouth. It’s good for the Ivies that the Big Green are getting better.
Remember this Fall people were talking about the Big East or Patriot League as the #3 competitive league after ACC and Big10? That stopped quick once play began - Ivy is clear #3. The push will even be greater in 2025 as more covid players finally leave the books and women's lacrosse again approaches age normalcy. The Ivies haven't benefited from 5 & 6 year players like other conferences.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm Big Green is surprisingly young, especially since so many contributors from 2023 are back ... freshman and sophomores. The kids are alright!
Yale won a close game (11-9) last year, but I think both teams are stronger this year. Yale is much more experienced, but Dartmouth tends to play well at Scully. We'll see if the young guns can rise to the occasion ... they were not able to deliver in their Ivy opener, a loss on the road at Cornell. I can tell you from experience, it will be an exceptional tailgate :D! UP UP BIG GREEN!
OuttaNowhereWregget

watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:37 pm
Yale won a close game (11-9) last year, but I think both teams are stronger this year. Yale is much more experienced, but Dartmouth tends to play well at Scully. We'll see if the young guns can rise to the occasion ... they were not able to deliver in their Ivy opener, a loss on the road at Cornell. I can tell you from experience, it will be an exceptional tailgate :D! UP UP BIG GREEN!
Good luck. I've always liked Dartmouth. Enjoy seeing them do well.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

How much will Cuse bludgeon Albany today ? It may get ugly soon ..
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:24 pm
Goodale is a beast
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Albany is better than people think. Not sure what the heck their coach was thinking with their schedule. In their first 9 games they've played:
Hopkins
BC
Brown
Northwestern
JMU
Syracuse

They may well run through the A-East and make the NCAAs. But not sure that schedule makes sense.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:02 pm
Albany is better than people think. Not sure what the heck their coach was thinking with their schedule. In their first 9 games they've played:
Hopkins
BC
Brown
Northwestern
JMU
Syracuse

They may well run through the A-East and make the NCAAs. But not sure that schedule makes sense.
12-4 cuse at half.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Hopkins
BC
Brown
Northwestern
JMU
Syracuse

Funny right? We kill colleges who schedule easy teams. And then when there’s a team that’s right outside the top 25 we say their schedule was too hard.
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 pm
Goodale is a beast
Sorry but any player that flops that much you cannot call a beast.
OuttaNowhereWregget

eastcoastlax wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:44 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 pm Goodale is a beast
What does one have to do with the other? Further--how does one trait detract from the other?
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:18 pm
Hopkins
BC
Brown
Northwestern
JMU
Syracuse

Funny right? We kill colleges who schedule easy teams. And then when there’s a team that’s right outside the top 25 we say their schedule was too hard.
20-11 final Cuse
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:40 pm
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:18 pm
Hopkins
BC
Brown
Northwestern
JMU
Syracuse

20-11 final Cuse
So by the infallible transitive property of sports, Albany is better than UNC!
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 pm
Goodale is a beast
Sure you can. As she is a beast at causing turnovers, playing very good one vs one defense, and taking hits herself. Does anyone remember that hit she took in the Stony Brook game that should've been a red card?
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:01 pm
What does one have to do with the other? Further--how does one trait detract from the other?
I guess we just have a different idea of what a beast is in regard to sports . I see players like Ward and Skane as being beasts in that they don’t embellish to get calls , actually they do the opposite , they run thru the fouls acting as if they barely even noticed . Strange that most of us find it annoying when offensive players flop to get the call but when defenders do it most don’t seem to care . There is nothing worse in this sport than when any player clearly flops to the ground or grabs their head when nothing happened and the “ offending” player gets tossed out of the game . I guess I think of a beast as a player who goes hard and does not worry about getting the ref to make bogus calls. That said Goodale is one of the better defenders out there , just wish she did not flop so much .
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

eastcoastlax wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:51 pm
I guess we just have a different idea of what a beast is in regard to sports . I see players like Ward and Skane as being beasts in that they don’t embellish to get calls , actually they do the opposite , they run thru the fouls acting as if they barely even noticed . Strange that most of us find it annoying when offensive players flop to get the call but when defenders do it most don’t seem to care . There is nothing worse in this sport than when any player clearly flops to the ground or grabs their head when nothing happened and the “ offending” player gets tossed out of the game . I guess I think of a beast as a player who goes hard and does not worry about getting the ref to make bogus calls. That said Goodale is one of the better defenders out there , just wish she did not flop so much .
well said...
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

👍Any sport. Not just wlax. As a sports fan, I have zero respect for any player who flops. That’s why I like hockey. You flop, they’ll take a run at you the next time your on the ice. (Although goalies are starting the flop trend). Soccer and basketball are the worst.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Very effective to illustrate the stark contrast using Scane as an example. You used Ward as well but I rarely watch Syracuse. I watch plenty of Northwestern however. And you're absolutely right about Scane.

I am also not a fan of the Flop, regardless of who's doing the flopping. I know why players do it, to get a call and at the same time, an advantage for their team – but I think it's just bush league and cheap. Not to mention poor sportsmanship. I've seen some extremely talented players on both Maryland and Syracuse resort to flopping and it always looked trashy and beneath them. You make good points, and none I can find fault with. Thanks for the generous answer.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:25 pm
Very effective to illustrate the stark contrast using Scane as an example. You used Ward as well but I rarely watch Syracuse. I watch plenty of Northwestern however. And you're absolutely right about Scane.

I am also not a fan of the Flop, regardless of who's doing the flopping. I know why players do it, to get a call and at the same time, an advantage for their team – but I think it's just bush league and cheap. Not to mention poor sportsmanship. I've seen some extremely talented players on both Maryland and Syracuse resort to flopping and it always looked trashy and beneath them. You make good points, and none I can find fault with. Thanks for the generous answer.
Then you should be aware of a current member of your 'Cats that has developed quite the rep for falling down.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”