Mustang Classic 24

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: Mustang Classic 24

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

ergit wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:07 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:29 pm Bold prediction - RIT loses to W&L and Tufts.
Anything is possible.They are playing two excellent teams.
Having said that, RIT hasn’t lost back-to-back in eight years. They haven’t lost more than two games in any season in that span.
3 losses in 17 and 3 in 2013 but get your point. They are not losing games back to back unless it’s a PLL team. This years group is excellent with the return of so many 5th year players. They have one of the 3 best attack units in the country. RIT should be favored against W&L and a pick ‘em with Tufts. Two 5th yr players in that attack group lots of experience, crafty
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Generals HAVE to play like they did against Gettysburg, to just have a chance to beat RIT. Unfortunately, RIT should win this game. Tufts should beat RIT the next day. Hope I am wrong on the 1st game but that's how I see it.

My picks:

York/ St Lawrence York
CNU / Dickinson. CNU
RIT/ W&L RIT
Tufts / Hamilton Tufts
Stevenson/Lynchburg Lynchburg

York/ Dickinson. Dickinson
CNU/ St Lawrence CNU
Lynchburg/ Hamilton Lynchburg
Tuft/RIT Tufts
Stevenson/ W&L. Gennies

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

valaxfan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 am Generals HAVE to play like they did against Gettysburg, to just have a chance to beat RIT. Unfortunately, RIT should win this game. Tufts should beat RIT the next day. Hope I am wrong on the 1st game but that's how I see it.

My picks:

York/ St Lawrence York
CNU / Dickinson. CNU
RIT/ W&L RIT
Tufts / Hamilton Tufts

CNU/ St Lawrence CNU
Tuft/RIT Tufts
Stevenson/ W&L. Gennies

valaxfan
RIT represents a big challenge made that much more difficult with all their 5th year players. Gettysburg has been weak all year on face offs and that hurt them as much as W&L’s inability to win face offs against Salisbury last year. I’m just hopeful Spano can do 50% at the dot. Need 50% ( big ask ) in the cage w a team that’s shooting almost 40%. May need to be more judicious with possessions to keep the ball out of RIT’s hands limit number of shots under 42. Maybe keep it close into the 4th and win that quarter.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

valaxfan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 am Generals HAVE to play like they did against Gettysburg, to just have a chance to beat RIT. Unfortunately, RIT should win this game. Tufts should beat RIT the next day. Hope I am wrong on the 1st game but that's how I see it.

My picks:

York/ St Lawrence York
CNU / Dickinson. CNU
RIT/ W&L RIT
Tufts / Hamilton Tufts

CNU/ St Lawrence CNU
Tuft/RIT Tufts
Stevenson/ W&L. Gennies

valaxfan
I think that Stevenson has a tough weekend and the game of the weekend will be Tufts vs. RIT and and Nobody did Hamilton any favors with those matchups-
My picks:
York/ St Lawrence York by 2-3 York is pretty battle-tested while St. Lawrence has played some lesser competition
CNU / Dickinson. CNU 6-7 CNU comes out swinging against Dickinson and keeps the pedal down the whole game
RIT/ W&L RIT - RIT by 6-7 Has W&L figured out their goalie situation and their Defense RIT's Fogo is legit and could give them a lot of possessions
Tufts / Hamilton Tufts by 10+ Tufts keeps Rolling
Stevenson/Lynchburg Lynchburg by 2-3 Stevenson needs better goalie play for this game to be close

York/ Dickinson. York by 2-3 depth at the face-off X and balanced scoring help Yorkpull this one out late
CNU/ St Lawrence CNU St. Lawrence keeps it close for a while but CNU by 5
Lynchburg/ Hamilton Lynchburg by 4 Lynchburg makes it 2-0 for the weekend
Tuft/RIT Tufts by 4-5 RIT has some issues and maybe just a notch below Tufts
Stevenson/ W&L. Gennies- by 5 W&L pulls away late
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Face off depth could the difference come 2nd games. Tufts has 2 very good fogos, Dickinson and CNU have a serious battle at the X, and wonder if they'll be ready for their 2nd games.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

I hope everyone comes out and enjoys the Classic this weekend! I myself will be in attendance covering for the hosts on here with analysis of games!

Looking forward to another great weekend of lacrosse and watching the premier talent D3 has to offer!

Best of luck to all!
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

Going to take a stab at predictions for this year's Mustang Classic. I'm a bit late but haven't turned on any of the games yet (the boss has made too many rounds this morning - I think he knows what's going down in Owings Mills). Good thing this coffee has Bailey's in it to get me through these Zoom calls :lol:

SL vs York - this game comes down to goaltending as the York goalie is gonna need to get hot to stop this level of offensive production from SL. Really smart shooters who get to space with time and room but can also finish on the inside when given the chance. I like SL by 4-5 they've been in games like this a lot the past 2 years

CNU vs Dickinson - CNU took quite the L against the Jumbos, but rest assured they know that they have a statement to make and a reputation to uphold. They're looking to set the tone early and ride it through Friday and Saturday. Dickinson will have to remain composed and play to their strengths in order to maintain this game. I like CNU by 3 if Brett Jackson can get 2 goals in the first half. Hanway is at 46% on the year, but I expect him to step up on this stage.

RIT vs W&L - As an ODAC homer, I'd love to say W&L could hang around and win this game, but honestly I'd be lying. RIT has too much firepower and too much depth. W&L has never been in a game like this unless you want to count their first trip to the NCAA quarterfinals in like 100 years. They're a talented group that has a high ceiling, and I think this game will be really good for them come late April/early May. Just get to the end of this one and have a few positives to roll into Saturday. RIT by 7+

Tufts vs Hamilton - I hate NESCAC games that get played at the Mustang classic. Tufts by 9+

Stevenson vs LYN - Last year's edition on Shellenberger was not as close as the score indicated. 12-8 final really felt like 14-5. I think the Mustangs were missing those 40 other guys at the end of the bench to keep them in it, and LYN took it to them out of the second half. Riley Hasting's really took it to them if I remember correctly. We'll see if #1 for the bugs is back yet, wonder how the Stevie scout will change. Could open up #2 Voigt and #38 Vangdenburg to get shorties and put some points up. Stevie at home is always a tough out, but I still like LYN by 6.

I'll have tomorrow's picks out tomorrow AM. Going to tune into game 1 now and see if I was right or wrong on that one. Let's have a weekend!!
richard

Post by richard »

Lots of great lacrosse today. The talent on the field today has been incredible.Again Stevenson has done a wonderful job. This is the best lacrosse event each and every year bar none. Looking forward to tomorrows games. 8-)
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Jumbo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:12 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:46 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:28 am Who do you all have ?

York/ St Lawrence York
CNU / Dickinson. CNU
RIT/ W&L RIT
Tufts / Hamilton Tufts

York/ Dickinson. York
CNU/ St Lawrence CNU
Tufts/ RIT Tufts
Stevenson/ W&L. W&L
York/ St Lawrence York by 2
CNU / Dickinson. CNU by 2
RIT/ W&L RIT in a thriller. My GOTW
Tufts / Hamilton Tufts by 12+
Stevenson/Lynchburg Lynchburg by 5

York/ Dickinson. Dickinson by 3
CNU/ St Lawrence CNU in a close one
Lynchburg/ Hamilton Lyn by 7
Tuft/RIT RIT by 3. They know how to play Tufts well and they have the depth.
Stevenson/ W&L. W&L by 4

Day 2 is so unpredictable due to numerous reasons. Injuries, fatigue, and lack of depth all play a part. Beyond excited for this weekend
i like the point spread approach.

York/ St Lawrence York by 6
CNU / Dickinson. CNU by 8
RIT/ W&L RIT by 3
Tufts / Hamilton Tufts by double digits
Stevenson/Lynchburg Lynchburg by 2

York/ Dickinson. York by 6
CNU/ St Lawrence CNU by 8
Lynchburg/ Hamilton Lyn by 8
Tuft/RIT Tufts by 7
Stevenson/ W&L. W&L by 5
York / St. Lawrence was a great game. The Larry’s are better than expected. FO guy, D especially.
Don’t know what to take of Dickinson or CNU. Leaning toward Dickinson having off day or maybe overrated?
Looking forward to both these games.

Hamilton looked better that I expected. Looking forward to LYN match-up. Riley Mitchell back for LYN. A step slow or tentative. That 1st mid-line can be lethal. All 1st year 2nd line produced last night and SSDM’s starting to fold into team D and Hadley looked good. Can’t have a 2nd half let down like last night..

Toss up RIT / Tufts. Game of the day!

W&L should handle Stevie but they do not quit. Have to shoot well and eliminate those to that were so costly vs. RIT.

Should be a great day for lacrosse. Sun will be out and shine for Stevenson and this great event?
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Thinking Hamilton gives Lynchburg a good game.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

BallHunt wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:19 am Thinking Hamilton gives Lynchburg a good game.
All they could handle…
Hadley seemed asleep. Win FO’s and attack shorties executed well. Exposed LYN. Team D no bueno..
Hats off to Hamilton.
Not much time for my bugs to figure it out..
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

Why is there no video stream of Tufts / RIT?
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

So mad about it
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmc5Nx5RD60

It’s on the YouTube page with no commentary/special editing for the time being
ah23

Post by ah23 »

JumboFan4 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:55 pm Why is there no video stream of Tufts / RIT?
Stream is up, but it seems like they’ve been having issues with highlight clips flashing in at completely random times during live play. https://team1sports.com/gomustangsports/

Side note: this is an A+ uniform matchup. RIT’s orange + Tufts’ blue are both so clean.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

youtube link working great. just no commentary.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

Go to the Stevenson site and link on the live video, not the schedule for the Stevenson team. Feed is great and announcers are good.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

Go to athletics and click on live video.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

Go to athletics and click on live video.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

another great event with every game being competitive

RIT 2-0
St Lawrence 2-0
CNU 1-1
Tufts 1-1
Dickinson 1-1
Hamilton 1-1
Lynchburg 1-1
Stevenson 1-1