Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
eastcoastlax

Re: Games Today

Post by eastcoastlax »

Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:43 pm Syracuse will win the acc.

But would finish 3rd in the Big Ten.
According to your logic if NW were in the ACC they would finish behind ND .
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:24 pm
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:30 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:15 pm
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:50 pm
laxlaxlax wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:42 pm Cuse up 13-3 over UNC. They are scoring for fun now, UNC having a nightmare in the dome
Can we stop pretending UNC is still a top program? Cuse has struggled this season (a lot) and they are beating them by 11.
UNC has all those “top recruits” and can’t beat another “competitive” program. Ortega days are long gone.
You most not know much about us knowing we have had 5 season ending injuries and all 5 of those players could be starters. We lost a star defender, our leading scorer from last season, the #1 overall recruit, an amazing draw taker, and a young good midfielder in Kaleigh Harden.

A bad loss but we obviously haven’t found our footing this season with a young offense.
If this was any other team, I’d agree. There should be layers upon layers of talent they way UNC claims to recruit. The season shouldn’t depend on a few kids, or their injuries, one being a freshman who is an unknown quantity to begin with. I agree BWW incredibly talented, I have to imagine they have other talented girls on D, and offense. So is it the coaching ? 20-5 loss is a embarrassing, especially when Syracuse has pretty much lost to anyone decent.
Did u see Chloe play against Northwestern with the US U20 team? We have talented players on the offense but also some of these players are underclassmen who are being asked to step up against a veteran Syracuse team? Our defense did not play good today which didn’t help with the offense not playing good either
There’s no doubt CH is good, but Ingrilli just as good imo after seeing her contribute as a freshman you can’t discount what she offers. Syracuses “veteran” team lost against anyone decent this year. They are not NU, ND,
MD, BC or even JMU, and they won 20-5. They draw a lot of talent so I don’t think there is a good excuse for that kind of loss.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

laxfan9999 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:57 pm When was the last time UNC got running clocked?
I think versus Northwestern in the 2009 NCAA championship game: UNC lost 7-21.

NU scored 10 consecutive goals in the first half.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

McLax9777 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:46 pm
laxlaxlax wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:42 pm Cuse up 13-3 over UNC. They are scoring for fun now, UNC having a nightmare in the dome
Can we stop pretending UNC is still a top program? Cuse has struggled this season (a lot) and they are beating them by 11.
UNC has all those “top recruits” and can’t beat another “competitive” program. Ortega days are long gone.
You most not know much about us knowing we have had 5 season ending injuries and all 5 of those players could be starters. We lost a star defender, our leading scorer from last season, the #1 overall recruit, an amazing draw taker, and a young good midfielder in Kaleigh Harden.

A bad loss but we obviously haven’t found our footing this season with a young offense.
If this was any other team, I’d agree. There should be layers upon layers of talent they way UNC claims to recruit. The season shouldn’t depend on a few kids, or their injuries, one being a freshman who is an unknown quantity to begin with. I agree BWW incredibly talented, I have to imagine they have other talented girls on D, and offense. So is it the coaching ? 20-5 loss is a embarrassing, especially when Syracuse has pretty much lost to anyone decent.
Did u see Chloe play against Northwestern with the US U20 team? We have talented players on the offense but also some of these players are underclassmen who are being asked to step up against a veteran Syracuse team? Our defense did not play good today which didn’t help with the offense not playing good either
There’s no doubt CH is good, but Ingrilli just as good imo after seeing her contribute as a freshman you can’t discount what she offers. Syracuses “veteran” team lost against anyone decent this year. They are not NU, ND,
MD, BC or even JMU, and they won 20-5. They draw a lot of talent so I don’t think there is a good excuse for that kind of loss.
"They are not NU, ND, MD, BC, or even JMU" ..... What? Did you forget Cuse beat Notre Dame? Did you forget that same Notre Dame team has now beaten both Northwestern and BC? Did you forget Maryland needed 2 OTs and a bunch of bonehead mistakes by SU in order to beat them? Did you forget JMU needed overtime to beat the same UNC team that Syracuse just demolished? Where is your logic when implying all of those teams are better than Cuse? They are all very clearly on the same level.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

laxer12 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:37 pm

"They are not NU, ND, MD, BC, or even JMU" ..... What? Did you forget Cuse beat Notre Dame? Did you forget that same Notre Dame team has now beaten both Northwestern and BC? Did you forget Maryland needed 2 OTs and a bunch of bonehead mistakes by SU in order to beat them? Did you forget JMU needed overtime to beat the same UNC team that Syracuse just demolished? Where is your logic when implying all of those teams are better than Cuse? They are all very clearly on the same level.
“very clearly on the same level”? I don’t think that’s “very clear” at all. Other than their ONE early season loss to perennial Jeckyl-and-Hyde team Notre Dame, NU has pretty much been on a higher level than every one else.

No implying necessary when NU beat Cuse head to head and led the entire game.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

ultravisitor wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:55 pm

“very clearly on the same level”? I don’t think that’s “very clear” at all. Other than their ONE early season loss to perennial Jeckyl-and-Hyde team Notre Dame, NU has pretty much been on a higher level than every one else.

I meant to say with perhaps the exception of Northwestern.

But guess what? After Northwestern's initial opening 3-0 run in that game, they got utterly dominated by Notre Dame. Notre Dame was better on offense, defense, and draw controls. The only reason it was as close as it was, was due to the goalkeeping of Laliberty. BC could've made it an even closer game versus Northwestern and so could have Syracuse as they pulled it within one in the fourth quarter of that game. No one is unbeatable, not even your beloved Northwestern ;)
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

laxer12 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:12 pm

I meant to say with perhaps the exception of Northwestern.

But guess what? After Northwestern's initial opening 3-0 run in that game, they got utterly dominated by Notre Dame. Notre Dame was better on offense, defense, and draw controls. The only reason it was as close as it was, was due to the goalkeeping of Laliberty. BC could've made it an even closer game versus Northwestern and so could have Syracuse as they pulled it within one in the fourth quarter of that game. No one is unbeatable, not even your beloved Northwestern ;)
Did I say they were unbeatable? No. I just said they have been on a higher level than Cuse, which even you admit. You can “could have” or “should have” but as of now the truth is that those other teams, with the exception of ND, didn’t and haven’t so far this season. :)
PlayNice

Post by PlayNice »

I’m pretty sure Cuse has dealt with a substantial amount of injuries over the past few years with key players going down and they made it to championship weekend 2/3 past years. Injuries happen to all teams, can’t blame it solely on that.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

I’m with you on that. ND I mention bc they have played better comp, and won. All other teams beat Cuse, excuses aside. Today Cuse was the better team, and I’m happy for them, but in no way are they the best season ever.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

McLax9777 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:44 pm

I’m with you on that. ND I mention bc they have played better comp, and won. All other teams beat Cuse, excuses aside. Today Cuse was the better team, and I’m happy for them, but in no way are they the best season ever.
Did anyone say this was the best Cuse team ever? Don’t think so. But implying they’re not at the same level as those other teams (with maybe the exception of NU) is flat-out wrong.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:35 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:28 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:21 pm 14-13 ND. 3:20....

14-14. 2:30... Green cards suck.
Callahan having a great 4th quarter
The Irish get the win! Wow.
The Downswingers!!!
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

I am not wishing time away but this post season is going to be a lot of fun to watch.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

laxer12 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:55 pm
McLax9777 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:44 pm

Did anyone say this was the best Cuse team ever? Don’t think so. But implying they’re not at the same level as those other teams (with maybe the exception of NU) is flat-out wrong.
Just going off past performance. Using that as the benchmark, they are not at the same level as those other teams. Who knows maybe they’ll surprise everyone. That’s happening a lot this season.
DMac

Post by DMac »

How much of the Cuse-UNC game did you watch yesterday McLax?
JFTR, but for a shaky 1st qtr v NU on opening day, Cuse beats NU.
Beat 'em13-10 for the last 3 qtrs. Not bad for a not so good team, eh?
The exhibition they put on yesterday ranks among the best I've ever
seen by any team. They gave the record crowd in the Dome a real treat.
Well, 'cept for the folks dressed in powder blue, I guess.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Slate today isn’t too exciting, but we have the Battle of the Michigan Have Nots. Central Michigan (0-9) vs Detroit Mercy (0-7)—someone’s going to win their first game of the season.

I fully admit I expected more out of CMU this year, but UDM has had more close games.

No clue who wins this barn burner, but I’ll probably tune in for a few minutes to check the action.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:43 am Slate today isn’t too exciting, but we have the Battle of the Michigan Have Nots. Central Michigan (0-9) vs Detroit Mercy (0-7)—someone’s going to win their first game of the season.

I fully admit I expected more out of CMU this year, but UDM has had more close games.

No clue who wins this barn burner, but I’ll probably tune in for a few minutes to check the action.
Stanford/Denver has the potential to be a good game.
UO22

Post by UO22 »

DMac wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:17 am How much of the Cuse-UNC game did you watch yesterday McLax?
Just read that there was over 3,900 fans in attendance. I believe that's 3 games over 2,000 fans. That is pretty remarkable! Great for the game. Who generally draws the most year-year?
DMac

Post by DMac »

UO22 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:52 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:17 am How much of the Cuse-UNC game did you watch yesterday McLax?
Just read that there was over 3,900 fans in attendance. I believe that's 3 games over 2,000 fans. That is pretty remarkable! Great for the game. Who generally draws the most year-year?
https://cuse.com/news/2023/6/16/womens- ... attendance
Good crowds coming out this year, Cuse is generally at, or near, the top in attendance both in M and W lax.
Gotta love those Cuse fans.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

DMac wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:43 pm
UO22 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:52 pm
https://cuse.com/news/2023/6/16/womens- ... attendance
Good crowds coming out this year, Cuse is generally at, or near, the top in attendance both in M and W lax.
Gotta love those Cuse fans.
Awesome, temp controlled place to watch a game and both teams have several players from sections 3-5. Great place to take a youth or highschool group to see some of the best teams/players.
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:58 pm I thought NU had a good chance of winning this game. In my opinion they are still the team to beat. BC looked ill-prepared and the final score was closer than the flow of the game. NU was in control. Yes weather might have been a factor, but both teams played under the same conditions. The cupcake schedule did BC no favors either..

LoPinto is a great player but i'm afraid she's starting to display the same tendencies she did at florida..inconsistency and fishing for calls instead of just playing through things. she has the skill and talent. Just focus on playing the game and the calls will naturally follow.

BC is a much better team when Belle Smith is running the show and has free reign to float and glide all over the field. Why is she not the focal point for this offense? Still early but i'm concerned the two additions have limited her ability to impact games. Instead of just playing, she feels like she needs to differ to Clark and LoPinto. At her best Belle Smith is better than both. Freshman year Belle Smith looked like a world beater and she seems to be regressing in this offense every year
Sorry but BS is not now nor has she ever been a better offensive player than RC. Seems every year BC turns it around to make a run at a championship but even when North was playing I have never seen them so reliant on one player.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”