The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: 2024

Post by Brooklyn »

the independent vote for 2024:

actually, they "think" more like republiCONs
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:14 pm the independent vote for 2024:

:lol: :lol:
Venture = :roll: :roll: ;
Rogers = :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:51 pm

I betcha you wouldn't say jack chit to Venturas face. You ever been pile drived into the canvas? I'm liking RFK jr more everyday. Sadly the ineptitude of Republicans and Democrats nominating dumber and dumber to represent America makes RFK jr a viable option. The plus would be Jesse Ventura and his unique world perspective. If he runs 3rd party RFK jr has my vote. I don't give a f**k which of these 2 dumb asses he draws votes from. He is an option not named Biden or trump. I'm jiggy with that.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

listen to these folks - Lara Trump (now head of RNC) calls for elimination of early voting, voting by mail and for mandatory voter ID if they get elected.

Nothing to see here....move along :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:25 am listen to these folks - Lara Trump (now head of RNC) calls for elimination of early voting, voting by mail and for mandatory voter ID if they get elected.

She's full of sh(t, Kismet.

Picture the base for Maga: are you picturing a bunch of grey hair?

Now picture taking away absentee ballots for them. What would happen.

Sign me up. Call the bluff on these Republican mouth-breathers.

Meanwhile, States like Colorado can enjoy high voter turnout because we don't drool in our boots. :roll:

Please. Pretty please. Do this, Republicans. Show us how important "voter security" is. :roll:

Ps: what's the plan for folks serving in our military? :lol: You don't want their votes, either, right?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:31 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:25 am listen to these folks - Lara Trump (now head of RNC) calls for elimination of early voting, voting by mail and for mandatory voter ID if they get elected.

Meanwhile, States like Colorado can enjoy high voter turnout because we don't drool in our boots. :roll:

Please. Pretty please. Do this, Republicans. Show us how important "voter security" is. :roll:

Ps: what's the plan for folks serving in our military? :lol: You don't want their votes, either, right?
I don't discount the idea that if the current MAGA crowd wins this fall that they would be quite happy to eliminate real elections and install a dictatorship...
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“The Republican Main Street Partnership, a group that supports center-leaning House Republicans, plans to direct half a million dollars into a bid to defeat Representative Bob Good, a hard-right lawmaker from Virginia, making an unusual push to oust a sitting Republican member of Congress.

The move is notable not just because the group, through its campaign giving arm, is inserting itself into the kind of intramural fight against an incumbent that it typically avoids. It is also striking because the candidate it is backing — John J. McGuire, a former member of the Navy SEALs and an election denier who has pledged fealty to former President Donald J. Trump and promised to bring a “biblical worldview” to Congress — bears so little resemblance to the kind of moderate Republican the Main Street Partnership was founded to support.

The nonprofit, which operates out of a townhouse blocks from the Capitol, has for years raised and spent money to support vulnerable Republicans representing politically competitive districts, including centrist G.O.P. lawmakers with more moderate positions on social issues. Its Capitol Hill headquarters serve as something of a counterweight to the Conservative Partnership Institute, which operates nearby as the nerve center of the right.

But as the Republican Party has veered toward the extreme right, purging itself of what was once a sizable and influential bloc of centrists, the Main Street Partnership has also shed the “moderate” label and changed the nature of its mission. The group has recently expanded its membership to include far more conservatives, and has begun focusing less on centrism and bipartisanship and more on ridding Congress of G.O.P. rebels bent on disrupting legislative business and stoking party divides.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Pence is NOT endorsing 2xIMPOTUS o d and stating, he “...could not in good conscience” support him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/15/us/p ... ement.html
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:51 pm

That is Ventura not Venture. :D. I think Dr 72 is jealous because RFK jr has a better tan than he does. It is very amusing to witness the Kennedy family turn on one of their own. Bobby Kennedy produced a child who wasn't a FLP brain damaged minion. At least Bobby has differentiated himself from his perverted low life degenerate uncle teddy. Has RFK ever enjoyed himself a " waitress sammich" ?? Imagine that, you liberal Democrats still idolizing Teddy as the " lion of the Senate" while crapping on his nephew. Your hypocrisy knows no boundaries. :roll:
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:44 pm “The Republican Main Street Partnership, a group that supports center-leaning House Republicans, plans to direct half a million dollars into a bid to defeat Representative Bob Good, a hard-right lawmaker from Virginia, making an unusual push to oust a sitting Republican member of Congress.

The move is notable not just because the group, through its campaign giving arm, is inserting itself into the kind of intramural fight against an incumbent that it typically avoids. It is also striking because the candidate it is backing — John J. McGuire, a former member of the Navy SEALs and an election denier who has pledged fealty to former President Donald J. Trump and promised to bring a “biblical worldview” to Congress — bears so little resemblance to the kind of moderate Republican the Main Street Partnership was founded to support.

The nonprofit, which operates out of a townhouse blocks from the Capitol, has for years raised and spent money to support vulnerable Republicans representing politically competitive districts, including centrist G.O.P. lawmakers with more moderate positions on social issues. Its Capitol Hill headquarters serve as something of a counterweight to the Conservative Partnership Institute, which operates nearby as the nerve center of the right.

But as the Republican Party has veered toward the extreme right, purging itself of what was once a sizable and influential bloc of centrists, the Main Street Partnership has also shed the “moderate” label and changed the nature of its mission. The group has recently expanded its membership to include far more conservatives, and has begun focusing less on centrism and bipartisanship and more on ridding Congress of G.O.P. rebels bent on disrupting legislative business and stoking party divides.”
The Republicans heading towards the extreme right still have a lot of catching up to do. The extremists on the FLP liberals side are still 10 furlongs ahead of the Republicans on the road to perdition.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:49 amThe Republicans heading towards the extreme right still have a lot of catching up to do. The extremists on the FLP liberals side are still 10 furlongs ahead of the Republicans on the road to perdition.
:lol:

You really believe that? That the extremists are running the Democratic party and that the party is heading to the extreme left?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

No problem with early voting from my end. Does that include verification of the person voting early? It is clear the FLP folks hate the concept of voter ID. Voting in national elections from the democratic perspective is the only thing you can do in America today that doesn't require you to prove who you are. I wonder why that is? ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

because absentee and mail in are the same thing
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:59 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:49 amThe Republicans heading towards the extreme right still have a lot of catching up to do. The extremists on the FLP liberals side are still 10 furlongs ahead of the Republicans on the road to perdition.

You really believe that? That the extremists are running the Democratic party and that the party is heading to the extreme left?
Living in the peoples Republic of NYS I do believe the FLP extremist liberals have the same vision that right wing Republicans have. The mass exodus of people from NYS tells you everything you need to know. They understand what liberal extremism is all about. Y'all want to dictate to us what kind of car we can drive, what kind of furnace we will be allowed to heat our homes with, what kind of stove we can cook the thanksgiving turkey in and last but not least what kind of mower I can use to cut my lawn with. But it's not like you FLP are trying to run our lives for us. :roll: How do you explain radical FLP ideology?? FTR my wife and I just purchased a beautiful brand new gas oven. :D We purchased it while we still could.
Planet Earth be damned... :P
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:58 am

Living in the peoples Republic of NYS I do believe the FLP extremist liberals have the same vision that right wing Republicans have. The mass exodus of people from NYS tells you everything you need to know. They understand what liberal extremism is all about. Y'all want to dictate to us what kind of car we can drive, what kind of furnace we will be allowed to heat our homes with, what kind of stove we can cook the thanksgiving turkey in and last but not least what kind of mower I can use to cut my lawn with. But it's not like you FLP are trying to run our lives for us. :roll: How do you explain radical FLP ideology?? FTR my wife and I just purchased a beautiful brand new gas oven. :D We purchased it while we still could.

Not much good without fuel. Know how to convert to LP?

If the "FLP" you speak of are so all-powerful, do you think you will continue to receive natural gas service (through a crumbling civil infrastructure -- you know, the inheritance of the Ronnie Reagan Revolution)?

So, which is it? Think your theories through.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:27 am

If the "FLP" you speak of are so all-powerful, do you think you will continue to receive natural gas service (through a crumbling civil infrastructure -- you know, the inheritance of the Ronnie Reagan Revolution)?

LP has been and will still be more reliable than the electric grid and the stresses on it. Natural gas is clean and reliable and will be for decades to come. I've made my choice and you intolerant environmental whack jobs can make yours. You just have to deal with that fact old sod. BTW our NG furnace does an outstanding job heating our house. I suppose if my wife and I had 50 thousand dollars to invest we could go geothermal. We would both be dead and gone before we received a ROI on that investment. :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:53 am

LP has been and will still be more reliable than the electric grid and the stresses on it. Natural gas is clean and reliable and will be for decades to come. I've made my choice and you intolerant environmental whack jobs can make yours. You just have to deal with that fact old sod. BTW our NG furnace does an outstanding job heating our house. I suppose if my wife and I had 50 thousand dollars to invest we could go geothermal. We would both be dead and gone before we received a ROI on that investment. :roll:
Now, that makes sense. You are aware of your mortality and want things to continue in a predictable arc that you can understand and have planned for...

I've got some bad news. The only constant is change, so buckle up.

And what's with the constant stream of invective? FLP? Intolerant whack jobs? Old sod?

Clearly you are interested in discussion, so why not carry it out in a more respectful manner? Does it cost you something? Is that cost material or immaterial? Say, pride? Preservation of your conception of reality?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:53 am

Now, that makes sense. You are aware of your mortality and want things to continue in a predictable arc that you can understand and have planned for...

I've got some bad news. The only constant is change, so buckle up.

And what's with the constant stream of invective? FLP? Intolerant whack jobs? Old sod?

Clearly you are interested in discussion, so why not carry it out in a more respectful manner? Does it cost you something? Is that cost material or immaterial? Say, pride? Preservation of your conception of reality?
I'll be very respectful in my conversation with you. Don't feel insulted if I choose to spend my hard earned money on the vehicle or appliance of my choice. If you know any serious gourmet cooks ask them what type of stove they prefer to cook on? I betcha electric stoves never enter the conversation. Our dearly departed electric stove had a simmer setting that wouldn't warm up a can of soup if it was on the burner all day. Surprisingly when you can see the flame on the burner you can adjust the heat accordingly. Imagine that, not environmentally friendly but good for warming food up.. :D Go gas!!
ggait

Post by ggait »

I like a dual fuel range. Gas burners on top and electric oven below.

Some professional chefs really go for the new induction cooktops. They are pretty awesome — nothing like regular electrics (which just suck).

If i I ever buy a new range, I think I will go induction.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:37 am

because absentee and mail in are the same thing
Did you (collective) find a ballot in your mail box, all by itself, OR, did you REQUEST a ballot, because you will be in Ireland during the election month.

yeah.....the same :roll:

OH....by the way, IS my great city (ownership) of D.C. still mailing out ballots, UN requested, with both english and spanish languages ?

yeah.....the same.
________
Q8. What is the deadline to submit a voter registration application and to request a ballot?

A8. An eligible elector can register to vote up to and on Election Day. But if you wish to receive a mail ballot, the application must be received by the designated election official by the close of business on the 7th day before the election. Please keep in mind that if you would like to receive the ballot by mail, 7 days may not be a sufficient amount of time to receive, vote, and return your ballot.

Military and overseas voters can also request to have their ballots be sent by fax, email, or by downloading a ballot online.

The online ballot delivery program will allow you to download your ballot, mark and review it, and print and sign self-affirmation for return to the county elections office. To access your ballot online, you must have notified your county elections office that you are a military or overseas voter. To download your ballot, go to myballot.sos.colorado.gov and log in using your date of birth and either your Colorado driver's license number or the last four digits of your social security number. Then follow the instructions to complete and print your ballot for return.

Colorado Secretary of State logo - tColorado Secretary
of State Jena Griswold
www.coloradosos.gov | www.sos.state.co.us

________

FACT: Washington DC had ONE...repeat one........polling station for Repulbican voters during the recent primary election .

ONE.

reduce EARLY voting by a day.....racist.

provide only one polling station for a city.........perfectly fine.

must not be true.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”