The Biden Department of Justice

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: The Biden Department of Justice

Post by PizzaSnake »

OCanada wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:44 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:05 am
OCanada wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:02 am The jury vote in the last case was 10-2. I believe to acquit. I know the count is right. Pretty sure i have it right but if not someone will correct. A 10-2 vote to acquit is why they did not retry.

The difference between the reactions of the parties to corruption is stark. The DOJ indicting a sitting Dem senator in a delicately balanced senate? Never would happen w the current GOP who won’t bother to read evidence of crimes.
What different reaction are you referring to? I have yet to hear any member of either party condone corruption. They are just happy that they ain't the ones that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. :roll:
Ignoring evidence of crimes. Not convicting in the face of overwhelming evidence of guilt eg Texas, remaining silent in the face of corruption, choosing not to act is a choice and an action.

I believe I remember you saying you're not Canadian, but this is still apropos.

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that’s clear
I will choose free will."

RUSH, "Freewill"

Many have deliberately chosen to not recognize, and not denounce, rank hypocrisy. Inurement to cognitive dissonance must be a survival skill that serves humanity in some fashion.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:49 am
OCanada wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:02 am The jury vote in the last case was 10-2. I believe to acquit. I know the count is right. Pretty sure i have it right but if not someone will correct. A 10-2 vote to acquit is why they did not retry.

The difference between the reactions of the parties to corruption is stark. The DOJ indicting a sitting Dem senator in a delicately balanced senate? Never would happen w the current GOP who won’t bother to read evidence of crimes.
What different reaction are you referring to? I have yet to hear any member of either party condone corruption. They are just happy that they ain't the ones that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. :roll:
Ignoring evidence of crimes. Not convicting in the face of overwhelming evidence of guilt eg Texas, remaining silent in the face of corruption, choosing not to act is a choice and an action.

In some celestial voice

RUSH, "Freewill"

Many have deliberately chosen to not recognize, and not denounce, rank hypocrisy. Inurement to cognitive dissonance must be a survival skill that serves humanity in some fashion.
You expect him to understand how rational choice theory applies to his faux nihilism?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:20 pm

In some celestial voice

RUSH, "Freewill"

You expect him to understand how rational choice theory applies to his faux nihilism?
The next rational choice you make will probably be the first one you have made in decades. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:20 pm

In some celestial voice

RUSH, "Freewill"

The next rational choice you make will probably be the first one you have made in decades. :D
Amazing how a dude from Bingo earns a doctorate and suddenly believes if he learns a lot of fancy words in college that he is suddenly a smart person. In reality he is still the same dude from Bingo only with a much larger vocabulary. :D
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So dumb.

Maybe you’re Point would be less dumb if you replaced “fancy” with decadent. Check that, that won’t work.
See Martin, Malcolm
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:53 am

[attachment=0]IMG_0661.jpeg[/attachment
If it's YOUR party being accused of wrongdoing then ignoring the evidence is SoP. When was the last time in recent history that members of either party remained silent about anything? Hell, you can't get any of them to shut up about anything. Stick a camera and a microphone in their face and they will praddle on forever.

Wasn’t there a Democrat senator from MN who resigned at least partly bcs of his party’s urging. Isn’t there a senator from NJ being pressured to resign now.

Has any confressional R who has called gor Santor or Jordan to resign?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:17 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:53 am

[attachment=0]IMG_0661.jpeg[/attachment
If it's YOUR party being accused of wrongdoing then ignoring the evidence is SoP. When was the last time in recent history that members of either party remained silent about anything? Hell, you can't get any of them to shut up about anything. Stick a camera and a microphone in their face and they will praddle on forever.

Wasn’t there a Democrat senator from MN who resigned at least partly bcs of his party’s urging. Isn’t there a senator from NJ being pressured to resign now.

Has any confressional R who has called gor Santor or Jordan to resign?
Franken moved pretty fast not sure how much real pressure he got. Me needed is making them look effete these days sort of like Santos.

But the point is still reasonable. I wouldn’t give too much credit to the Dems on those. Menesdez’ scumbaggery has been known for 20yrs or more and not much has been said. Yes the moral compass on the right has been destroyed and the evidence placed around books at Trump properties because no one would ever look in those there. But this is why more aren’t running hard to the Dem party. Plenty are rejecting what the acolytes and bitter aging non-thinkers are doing and espousing but we need to hold everyone to a higher standard or this slip and slide will end in us all in the mouth of the monster.
See Martin, Malcolm
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... Dems are far from perfect, but they are a damn cite better than the republiCONs when it comes to addressing issues of accountability and justice. Franken received pressure, no more than, no less than other democrats in scandal, from his own party. Menedez the same in case of the current scandal. The democratic party in the past, no doubt gave Menedez a pass. The difference I see between the parties is where the democrats are getting better, the republiCONs are getting much worse as a party in holding their own to account. Accountability is only for democrats.

There is also a difference between individuals. While the party has pressured Menedez, nothing will move him. The party can't force him to resign. Franken did not have to resign. His "sin" was very easy to ride out and probably without Franken paying a steep electoral price, Franken did what was best for the party and probably himself as well. It has been a long time since any republican let alone republiCON has behaved in that fashion.

In recent news for your consideration: Recent DOJ Actions.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:40 am ... Dems are far from perfect, but they are a damn cite better than the republiCONs when it comes to addressing issues of accountability and justice. Franken received pressure, no more than, no less than other democrats in scandal, from his own party. Menedez the same in case of the current scandal. The democratic party in the past, no doubt gave Menedez a pass. The difference I see between the parties is where the democrats are getting better, the republiCONs are getting much worse as a party in holding their own to account. Accountability is only for democrats.

There is also a difference between individuals. While the party has pressured Menedez, nothing will move him. The party can't force him to resign. Franken did not have to resign. His "sin" was very easy to ride out and probably without Franken paying a steep electoral price, Franken did what was best for the party and probably himself as well. It has been a long time since any republican let alone republiCON has behaved in that fashion.

Sure but at what point is, “she’s the only girl left with teeth and I’m drunk” not good enough of a standard.

I actually don’t like Franken, too bellicose and not deep enough to take the strident approach he did. But I give him credit for what he did and think it was the most eye opening thing for me as a person to see from him. If I recall that was in the peak of #weresickofyoursh*tdudes and Hollywood finally getting their comeuppance for decades of dishonesty (or not..) so the spotlight and view were different.

I see the contrast as easily as everyone else though. However I am pretty fatigued after 4-5yrs of “yeah but these cats only reside in circle Six but not Eight” as the reason I have to accept a**hats in control.

Anyone who’s honest and decent has to admit the Rep party is beyond repair and needs a total fracture and rebuild. I get that.

But Menendez now can’t be moved because he was allowed to behave that way for decades-even if he reps Jersey where that’s called Tuesday. (See jughandles, full service gas stations and a billion dollars missing in swampland where mixed use development near Xanadu and the Meadowlands with Nothing developed). And Charlie Rangel raged on housing subsidies while chilling in a Cherry rent controlled 3bdrm on a city where selling rent controlled keys to good apts can trade hands for tens of thousands of dollars or more (some go for six figures I had heard in the 2000s). I can go on. Delay and his machine learned to run their business from the Clinton machine.

I would hope you and the others quick to point out “yeah but they’re not the absolute worst” realize I’m not Crasle or OS here. At some point we have also put a spotlight on all/the Dem behavior too or in 10-15yrs look the f**k out because Brooklyn’s angry, coked up and bi-polar doppelgänger is going to be House Speaker and President.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:40 am ... Dems are far from perfect, but they are a damn cite better than the republiCONs when it comes to addressing issues of accountability and justice. Franken received pressure, no more than, no less than other democrats in scandal, from his own party. Menedez the same in case of the current scandal. The democratic party in the past, no doubt gave Menedez a pass. The difference I see between the parties is where the democrats are getting better, the republiCONs are getting much worse as a party in holding their own to account. Accountability is only for democrats.

And I applaud Garland. Seems like a legit guy so far to me and a shame he was shut out previously.

Doesn’t change that we need more balance in this situation however we get it because staying out of balance long enough will only tip the scale to the point of intractability.

Only so many times I can shake my head at the steps and just pretend that the other side is my savior and hero without feeling like I’m being kicked in the nuts over and over again.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

The media had no impact…. I read it here on Fanlax.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:35 pm
You clearly did not read it. Just putting it out there I suppose.. ;) He actually WAS influencing the election by directing people to think they were voting....when they were not.

The department said in early November 2016 Mackey was sending tweets stressing the importance of limiting "black turnout," one of which depicted a Black woman standing in front of an "African Americans for Hillary" sign. The ad stated: "Avoid the Line. Vote from Home," "Text 'Hillary' to 59925," and "Vote for Hillary and be a part of history."
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:35 pm
You clearly did not read it. Just putting it out there I suppose.. ;) He actually WAS influencing the election by directing people to think they were voting....when they were not.

The department said in early November 2016 Mackey was sending tweets stressing the importance of limiting "black turnout," one of which depicted a Black woman standing in front of an "African Americans for Hillary" sign. The ad stated: "Avoid the Line. Vote from Home," "Text 'Hillary' to 59925," and "Vote for Hillary and be a part of history."
I would say that is great influence. Maybe I didn’t realize that he spoke with these people directly.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

All the reasons why SDNY delayed giving Discovery Materials to Trump's legal team in the "Hush Money" case
During both the tax and fraud trials of Trump Organization, there were hints that SDNY had — finally — picked up some of the financial allegations NYS dug up and turned them into federal investigations, including obtaining testimony from some of the same witnesses.

If that happened, it could explain a justifiable delay of providing those files to Trump.

Obviously, most possible explanations for a delay in turning over these files involve someone’s embarrassment, whether SDNY itself, or DOJ more generally. I grant that it’s extremely likely that an attempt to avoid embarrassment explains the delay.

But there are several confirmed and one suspected investigation that also might explain, and entirely justify, a delay. We just don’t know yet.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

O......o........

Post by runrussellrun »

https://oversight.house.gov/release/wit ... -peddling/

Below is the transcript from Tony Bobulinski and Jason Galanis’s exchange with Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.).

Chairman Comer: During the 118th Congress, the Oversight Committee has investigated Joe Biden’s involvement in his family’s influence peddling around the world. So let’s start with that. Mr. Bobulinski, was Joe Biden involved with any of your business dealings with Hunter Biden and James Biden?

Mr. Bobulinski: Yes.

Chairman Comer: Was Joe Biden involved in his family’s attempts to sell their access to him?

Mr. Bobulinski: Yes.

Chairman Comer: You set out to form a legitimate business with the Bidens. Did you come to find out that the Biden family had no interest in doing real business?

Mr. Bobulinski: I did.

Chairman Comer: Mr. Galanis, are you aware of any times Hunter Biden used Joe Biden—with Joe Biden’s knowledge—to benefit their business associates?

Mr. Galanis: Yes.

Chairman Comer: Which business associates?

Mr. Galanis: Yelena Baturina, Russian oligarch. Chinese fund manager Henry Zhao. Mykola Zlochevsky, Ukrainian oligarch.

Chairman Comer: Now that we’ve established that Joe Biden was involved with his family’s business dealings, I’d like to turn to the financial records we’ve subpoenaed. One major point my Democrat colleagues downplay is how much money the Bidens accumulated from foreign business ventures in such a short period of time. We’ve traced over $24 million dollars to the Biden family and their business associates from 2014 to 2019.

Mr. Bobulinski, there came a time when you were attempting to raise $10 million from the Chinese to pursue an actual business deal. But it wouldn’t be correct to say this was a “10 million dollar deal,” would it? What did the Bidens conceive of the business with the Chinese becoming?

Mr. Bobulinski: The Chinese were committing to deploying millions of dollars in infrastructure projects here in the United States and around the world.

Chairman Comer: Mr. Galanis, What was the financial goal you, Mr. Archer, and Hunter Biden set out to achieve? Was it millions of dollars? Or billions?

Mr. Galanis: Billions of dollars.

Chairman Comer: Now I’d like to turn to some of the statements Joe Biden has made during his presidency about the findings of this investigation. Mr. Bobulinski, Joe Biden has said he never interacted with his family’s business associates. Did he meet with you?

Mr. Bobulinski: He did multiple times.

Chairman Comer: In fact, are you aware that Joe Biden met with Rob Walker, Eric Schwerin, and Devon Archer too?

Mr. Bobulinski: I am generally aware of it.

Chairman Comer: Mr. Galanis, as you discussed earlier, regarding Yelena Baturina, you were present for Hunter Biden calling his then-Vice President father with the Russian oligarch Yelena Baturina present, correct?

Mr. Galanis: That’s correct.

Chairman Comer: You also were present for Hunter Biden’s conversation with his father about a board seat on a Chinese company board, correct?

Mr. Galanis: I was present for a call where Chinese transactions were discussed, yes.

Chairman Comer: So Mr. Galanis, it wasn’t true when Joe Biden said he didn’t interact with his family’s business associates, was it?

Mr. Galanis: I believe that would be misleading to the point of an untruth. Chairman Comer: Hunter Biden has chosen not to attend today’s proceedings. I have given Mr. Biden exactly what he asked for before his deposition. It is clear that Hunter Biden knows his testimony would not withstand public scrutiny. Joe Biden has not been truthful about his participation in schemes to sell access and influence, and today’s witnesses will show the American people a side of the story the President is so eager to hide.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Hilarious, as others have refuted the claims and there’s been zero evidence produced of dad’s actual involvement or getting any financial benefit. Plenty as to Hunter, who testified under oath and who wanted to testify publicly under oath. But not Joe.

And multiple supposed smoking guns have blown up in Comer’s face.

But that just doesn’t fit the desired narrative.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:25 pm Hilarious, as others have refuted the claims and there’s been zero evidence produced of dad’s actual involvement or getting any financial benefit. Plenty as to Hunter, who testified under oath and who wanted to testify publicly under oath. But not Joe.

Zero evidence because Joe said so. Got it! So is there any plausible reason Ukraine would hire a dumb f**k like Hunter and pay him big bucks to do nothing except snort coke and screw prostitutes. There wasn't anything in for Joe though? He did get that Son of a complain fired just like Ukraine wanted. Gosh darn it I wish you played poker. It is so hard to find gullible people anymore. 8-)

I hope your having a great Easter. Out of a weird coincidence my wife and I are dining on boneless grilled duck breast. I bet your hoping I incinerate it. 8-)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:25 pm Hilarious, as others have refuted the claims and there’s been zero evidence produced of dad’s actual involvement or getting any financial benefit. Plenty as to Hunter, who testified under oath and who wanted to testify publicly under oath. But not Joe.

Zero evidence because Joe said so. Got it! So is there any plausible reason Ukraine would hire a dumb f**k like Hunter and pay him big bucks to do nothing except snort coke and screw prostitutes. There wasn't anything in for Joe though? He did get that Son of a complain fired just like Ukraine wanted. Gosh darn it I wish you played poker. It is so hard to find gullible people anymore. 8-)

I hope your having a great Easter. Out of a weird coincidence my wife and I are dining on boneless grilled duck breast. I bet your hoping I incinerate it. 8-)
No, simply no evidence.
And testimony confirming this.

Bottomline, no dollars to Joe.

Of course I hope that you enjoy your duck breast...and wife does too.

I'm cooking a rosemary and garlic lamb roast, roasted red potatoes, onions, Brussels sprouts, carrots for my mother and a couple of her friends, son. one of the friends is bringing a salad; my wife is up in Baltimore for business so I'm on duty...homemade pie and ice cream for dessert.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:15 pm

No, simply no evidence.
And testimony confirming this.

Bottomline, no dollars to Joe.

Of course I hope that you enjoy your duck breast...and wife does too.

I'm cooking a rosemary and garlic lamb roast, roasted red potatoes, onions, Brussels sprouts, carrots for my mother and a couple of her friends, son. one of the friends is bringing a salad; my wife is up in Baltimore for business so I'm on duty...homemade pie and ice cream for dessert.
Hope you all enjoyed Easter.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”