Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
hmmm

Re: Games Today

Post by hmmm »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:16 pm Georgetown is up 9-3 on Penn. Didn’t see that one coming.
That’s because they’re not. IL scoreboard has the score backwards….
BackOfTheNet

Post by BackOfTheNet »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:16 pm Georgetown is up 9-3 on Penn. Didn’t see that one coming.
I thought the same thing. Checked Gtown website.. score is backwards on IL.

harvard 9 duke 7 at half. If duke cant clean up their fouls, harvard should run away with it. Duke defense looks lazy. You cant foul that much on a team that scores 80% of free position.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:07 pm I didn’t watch a second of the UConn game but looks like they’re in the same pit as Penn State. 2 goal win against Hofstra. 🤔
UConn was 1-4 Going in And Hofstra is a train wreck
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:17 pm
That’s because they’re not. IL scoreboard has the score backwards….
Penn 14- GTown 4
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

BackOfTheNet wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:20 pm
I thought the same thing. Checked Gtown website.. score is backwards on IL.

harvard 9 duke 7 at half. If duke cant clean up their fouls, harvard should run away with it. Duke defense looks lazy. You cant foul that much on a team that scores 80% of free position.
Harvard 13 Duke 12 9:30 to play in 4th
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Duke pulled it out. Thought they would. Carly Bernstein starting to help out on that team
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:42 pm Duke pulled it out. Thought they would. Carly Bernstein starting to help out on that team
Thats actually a good win for mid-level ACC teams come tourney selection time.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:23 pm
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 pm Funny, just about everyone who posts here kills Halfpenny, Kimel, Missy, myself included. But I’m watching this game against Lehigh which isn’t a terrible team, but they have to have about 20 turnovers already. It seems like the same kids as well. PSU d is locking down the offense. No adjustments made. I mean. Maybe there just aren’t that many outstanding coaches in womens lax and maybe they deserve a break. Idk. 6-4 6 left in the 3rd. Sure, much closer tha. It should be. Idk what the hell is wrong with Penn State. They should be much better.
A certain suit wearing coach is known to have said it's not even that hard to coach D1 wlax because most the coaches don't know what they're doing. He's got like 5 other jobs and has his own kids to work with and still outcoaches just about everyone.
I forget.....has he ever gotten out of the elite 8?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:44 pm
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 pm Funny, just about everyone who posts here kills Halfpenny, Kimel, Missy, myself included. But I’m watching this game against Lehigh which isn’t a terrible team, but they have to have about 20 turnovers already. It seems like the same kids as well. PSU d is locking down the offense. No adjustments made. I mean. Maybe there just aren’t that many outstanding coaches in womens lax and maybe they deserve a break. Idk. 6-4 6 left in the 3rd. Sure, much closer tha. It should be. Idk what the hell is wrong with Penn State. They should be much better.
A certain suit wearing coach is known to have said it's not even that hard to coach D1 wlax because most the coaches don't know what they're doing. He's got like 5 other jobs and has his own kids to work with and still outcoaches just about everyone.
Better watch out. Reality checks or his other account laxguy516 is not gonna like that. You’re playing with fire. 🤣
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

LaxDadMax wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:44 pm
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:42 pm Duke pulled it out. Thought they would. Carly Bernstein starting to help out on that team
Thats actually a good win for mid-level ACC teams come tourney selection time.
Sorry but Duke is now a low level ACC team and they are not making the tournament ACC most likely getting 5 teams in with an outside chance at 6 , Duke is not going to be one of those .
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Do not drink the Penn St and Duke koolaid. You have seen these teams. You know who they are. They are bad teams. Nothing has changed. Remember that
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

No he hasn't. But let's not pretend he has the same talent level as any of these other top 10 teams. Yes, he gets some great players like Masera, Ohmiller, etc. But he's not getting top ranked recruiting classes year after year like the teams he's competing against. I'm not a fan of his personality at all, but there's no denying the guy can flat out coach.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

First I have to give credit to Belleoftheball "Great job. I agree with most of this, but I like an upset. I'm going UVA win by 1, in a relatively low scoring contest. I'm a big fan of Mackenzie Hoeg, very underrated and reliable player." Not many were picking UVA to go to South Bend and come out with the win and the player he highlighted went 4 for 4 in shooting with no turnovers .I watch a lot of ACC games and UVA #7 has been underrated for years and no change in this game ,played solid defense, helped in the clear ,a few caused TO's while not turning it over herself and yet little praise in the post game UVA write up. Any other underrated players you have noticed ?
Also noted that UNC was playing a zone which I do not remember them ever playing before and cannot remember the last time they put up such a low goal total against an unranked opponent.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

hmmm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:56 am
No he hasn't. But let's not pretend he has the same talent level as any of these other top 10 teams. Yes, he gets some great players like Masera, Ohmiller, etc. But he's not getting top ranked recruiting classes year after year like the teams he's competing against. I'm not a fan of his personality at all, but there's no denying the guy can flat out coach.
I tend to agree. He can get it done and he’s a good coach.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:52 am
Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:44 pm I forget.....has he ever gotten out of the elite 8?
Spallina's had some bad luck, too. Taryn Ohlmiller was injured in the game before the 2018 quarterfinal vs BC. No doubt the team missed her 52 goals and 55 assists. I was at the game. Stony Brook choked more than BC won. Of course it didn't help that Spallina shot off his big mouth and predicted a victory over Boston College beforehand, but that's a whole other barrel of blintzes.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:15 am
MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:52 am
Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:44 pm I forget.....has he ever gotten out of the elite 8?
Spallina's had some bad luck, too. Taryn Ohlmiller was injured in the game before the 2018 quarterfinal vs BC. No doubt the team missed her 52 goals and 55 assists. I was at the game. Stony Brook choked more than BC won. Of course it didn't help that Spallina shot off his big mouth and predicted a victory over Boston College beforehand, but that's a whole other barrel of blintzes.
I will be curious to follow the first year Caporuscio's career. She seems to come from a rural part of PA but has thus far looked fearless in a starting lineup of a high-level D1 program.
laxguy516

Post by laxguy516 »

ACClaxfan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:43 am First I have to give credit to Belleoftheball "Great job. I agree with most of this, but I like an upset. I'm going UVA win by 1, in a relatively low scoring contest. I'm a big fan of Mackenzie Hoeg, very underrated and reliable player." Not many were picking UVA to go to South Bend and come out with the win and the player he highlighted went 4 for 4 in shooting with no turnovers .I watch a lot of ACC games and UVA #7 has been underrated for years and no change in this game ,played solid defense, helped in the clear ,a few caused TO's while not turning it over herself and yet little praise in the post game UVA write up. Any other underrated players you have noticed ?
Also noted that UNC was playing a zone which I do not remember them ever playing before and cannot remember the last time they put up such a low goal total against an unranked opponent.
I agree with this as well, UVA #7 very underrated. Does a bit of everything for her team very well. UNC in fact played a zone yesterday in the second half. I don't ever recall seeing them do that before, at least not in recent years. It does seem like the zone defense is becoming more common these days all across the country and I don't see any signs of that changing.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Talking about terrible camera angles. This Florida angle is awful at times. Zooming in on one player while play is going on. On the one end it’s fine and on the other it’s super low to the ground so you can’t tell what’s happening.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Florida killing themselves with bad turnovers, but still up 3 in the 2nd...
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Sheesh Vandy up big on Mercer. I swear I can't figure this season out.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”