All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

NattyBohChamps04

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 am Uh oh…..this is not going to sit well, after we’ve been told over and over by the FanLax mRNA pumpers that all that incidental news about cardio issues was hogwash.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2024/02/ne ... -problems/

Gotta love all these posts thinking they're some kind of "gotcha".

Don't think anyone on FanLax said vaccines, even the new ones, don't have side effects. There have been reports of these rare side effects for a couple of years now. Rare as in a 0.004-0.007% chance for 16-24 yo males in the study. And of course, getting COVID still puts you at much greater risk of getting the same heart issues studied in the article. If you got vaccinated, did your arm get sore? That's a side effect.

This exact topic has been discussed multiple times on here before. :roll:

Did you also know there are more common and more rare side effects to the flu vaccines? The MMR vaccine? Hepatitis B vaccine? Pneumococcal vaccine? Polio vaccine? Scary stuff huh?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:29 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 am Uh oh…..this is not going to sit well, after we’ve been told over and over by the FanLax mRNA pumpers that all that incidental news about cardio issues was hogwash.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2024/02/ne ... -problems/

Gotta love all these posts thinking they're some kind of "gotcha".

Don't think anyone on FanLax said vaccines, even the new ones, don't have side effects. There have been reports of these rare side effects for a couple of years now. Rare as in a 0.004-0.007% chance for 16-24 yo males in the study. And of course, getting COVID still puts you at much greater risk of getting the same heart issues studied in the article. If you got vaccinated, did your arm get sore? That's a side effect.

This exact topic has been discussed multiple times on here before. :roll:

Did you also know there are more common and more rare side effects to the flu vaccines? The MMR vaccine? Hepatitis B vaccine? Pneumococcal vaccine? Polio vaccine? Scary stuff huh?
... hope the fools like measles. Cases in Europe and the US are on the rise the last 5 years, really kicking up in 2023. Not a single case in the US in 2019 as I recall. Stupid is as stupid doesn't.

PS - speaking of stupid, Florida's genius Surgeon General instead of following well founded, time tested medical guidance for dealing with a school outbreak of measles, doesn't try to address the under vaccination in the state, doesn't say parents should be concerned (some kids do die from measles), instead he tells the parents "you make the call whether to send your kids to school or not and if your kids are not vaccinated, and you are concerned, keep them out of school for at least 21 days." I feel pretty safe predicting that with 6 cases currently in the school, this outbreak will get a lot bigger unless the parents are a lot smarter than the fool giving the advice. Apparently the kids can stay in school if they do have the measles.

Currently there are 26 cases in the US spread across 12 states. This jack ass has 6 cases in one school. He is being called out by childhood infectious disease experts across the country. Red-state medicine. Nothing quite like it. :lol: :lol:

Just one of the dozen articles.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Why do you think they said that?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:24 pm
Please tell us? Thank you.

Joe
NattyBohChamps04

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:33 pm

Joe
I asked him as I was curious why he posted it. If you wanna butt in, why do you think they said that?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Save SS?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
NattyBohChamps04

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:16 pm
Save SS?
That was always the weird thing about the COVID and antivaxx movement. You're killing your biggest supporters. The billionaires need those voters to keep the elite in power. Granted a good chunk was foreign governments aiming to destabilize the U.S.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:07 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:16 pm
Save SS?
That was always the weird thing about the COVID and antivaxx movement. You're killing your biggest supporters. The billionaires need those voters to keep the elite in power. Granted a good chunk was foreign governments aiming to destabilize the U.S.
Maybe they’re going to dispense with elections?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:38 pm

Joe
I asked him as I was curious why he posted it. If you wanna butt in, why do you think they said that?
Predicting crickets from Joe and likely no direct or cogent response from youth either.

They think "covid is just like the flu".
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

,,, it is pretty obvious why the CDC changed the recommendation -- they tell you in their press release. :lol: :lol: Has to do with the fact that US has reached 97% immunity.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:50 pm

Joe
Predicting crickets from Joe and likely no direct or cogent response from youth either.

😂😂 so a link about covid in the covid thread with no comments is now deemed controversial, speculative, and demeaning of a fellow poster.

You sir, have to be the most disrespectful ego maniac I have encountered. Not t
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:46 pm

Joe

😂😂 so a link about covid in the covid thread with no comments is now deemed controversial, speculative, and demeaning of a fellow poster.

Ahh, pretty defensive aren't you?
What you posted was a series of tweets that make such claims in response to this change in policy.

There are lots of articles as well as the CDC's own statement that explain the policy, but you chose to post these tweets.

NattyBoh asked you a direct question and Joe jumped in as well...so, IF you disagree with those tweets, it should be easy to say so and why...and in process, answer NattyBoh's direct question.

Pretty simple and no need to get defensive...if I'm wrong about my prediction I'll be happy to say so.

But so far, no direct or cogent response to NattyBoh's question from you and, as usual, none at all from Joe when challenged.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:16 pm

Joe

What you posted was a series of tweets that make such claims in response to this change in policy.

There are lots of articles as well as the CDC's own statement that explain the policy, but you chose to post these tweets.

NattyBoh asked you a direct question and Joe jumped in as well...so, IF you disagree with those tweets, it should be easy to say so and why...and in process, answer NattyBoh's direct question.

Pretty simple and no need to get defensive...if I'm wrong about my prediction I'll be happy to say so.

But so far, no direct or cogent response to NattyBoh's question from you and, as usual, none at all from Joe when challenged.
You are wrong.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:16 pm

Joe

You are wrong.
How so?
I don't see any direct, cogent response to the question asked by NattyBoh...that was my prediction, that you and Joe wouldn't respond to that question, and you haven't...what am I missing?

Just be straightforward in your response to the question.

Or are you saying I'm "wrong" about you agreeing with those tweets you chose to post...you disagree with them?
Good with me, just say it directly and why.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

From NYT:

March 11, 2020
Four years ago today, society began to shut down.

Shortly after noon Eastern on March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declared Covid — or “the coronavirus,” then the more popular term — to be a global pandemic. Stocks plummeted in the afternoon. In the span of a single hour that night, President Donald Trump delivered an Oval Office address about Covid, Tom Hanks posted on Instagram that he had the virus and the N.B.A. announced it had canceled the rest of its season.

It was a Wednesday, and thousands of schools would shut by the end of the week. Workplaces closed, too. People washed their hands frequently and touched elbows instead of shaking hands (although the C.D.C. continued to discourage widespread mask wearing for several more weeks).

The worst pandemic in a century had begun.

Today, on the unofficial fourth anniversary, I’ll update you on where things stand.

The true toll
Covid’s confirmed death toll — more than seven million people worldwide — is horrific on its own, and the true toll is much worse. The Economist magazine keeps a running estimate of excess deaths, defined as the number of deaths above what was expected from pre-Covid trends. The global total is approaching 30 million.

This number includes both confirmed Covid deaths and undiagnosed ones, which have been common in poorer countries. It includes deaths caused by pandemic disruptions, such as missed doctor appointments that might have prevented other diseases. The isolation of the pandemic also caused a surge of social ills in the U.S., including increases in deaths from alcohol, drugs, vehicle crashes and murders.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/co ... vity=false
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Just a few cases like the flu.

Return to “POLITICS”