OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Games Today

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

8-6 Maryland 1:17 3rd
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

eastcoastlax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:51 am
watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:40 pm As I have said previously, UVA is for real ... and outside of 4 seniors/grad students, the line-up is all freshman and sophomores.

I find myself pulling for the Hoos. I watched my daughter and her teammates struggle for 3 years under poor coaching and poor leadership. I know firsthand what an impact a new coach can make, on the field and, maybe more importantly, off. Good luck, Cavs.
I hope the Hoos make a run this year as well but if they dont figure out the draw they will lose early in the tournament. Also no need to exaggerate how young the team is. Their two best defenders (both are 3-4 year starters) , their two starting middies are a 5th year and a senior ( they play two middies at a time and 1 is a 5 year starter and the other a 4 year starter ) , their 2 best attackers are a 5th year and a senior, both of which have started for 5 years and 4 years add in a junior who never comes off the field, Their top 3 point scorers , top 2 goal scorers , are all seniors , Yes there are several freshman and sophmores contributing but lets not pretend " outside of 4 seniors " , They are actually a fairly experienced team. As far as the coaches doing such a great job scouting ND this year etc lets just remember UVA beat ND last year.
I guess I see this differently. 8 of the 15 players on the field in South Bend for the Hoos yesterday were freshmen or sophomores. UVA lost their leading scorer from 2023 + a DS who holds the program record for DCs and they managed to beat a ND team that returned their complete starting line up from last season on the road. A freshman A-middie put in 3 goals on 3 shots. A sophomore goalie in her first year as a starter made 9 saves. A sophomore defender led the team in GBs. And they have a first-year coach who seems to have re-energized the experienced players. Looking forward to seeing how this story ends.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:33 pm
eastcoastlax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:51 am
watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:40 pm As I have said previously, UVA is for real ... and outside of 4 seniors/grad students, the line-up is all freshman and sophomores.

I find myself pulling for the Hoos. I watched my daughter and her teammates struggle for 3 years under poor coaching and poor leadership. I know firsthand what an impact a new coach can make, on the field and, maybe more importantly, off. Good luck, Cavs.
I hope the Hoos make a run this year as well but if they dont figure out the draw they will lose early in the tournament. Also no need to exaggerate how young the team is. Their two best defenders (both are 3-4 year starters) , their two starting middies are a 5th year and a senior ( they play two middies at a time and 1 is a 5 year starter and the other a 4 year starter ) , their 2 best attackers are a 5th year and a senior, both of which have started for 5 years and 4 years add in a junior who never comes off the field, Their top 3 point scorers , top 2 goal scorers , are all seniors , Yes there are several freshman and sophmores contributing but lets not pretend " outside of 4 seniors " , They are actually a fairly experienced team. As far as the coaches doing such a great job scouting ND this year etc lets just remember UVA beat ND last year.
I guess I see this differently. 8 of the 15 players on the field in South Bend for the Hoos yesterday were freshmen or sophomores. UVA lost their leading scorer from 2023 + a DS who holds the program record for DCs and they managed to beat a ND team that returned their complete starting line up from last season on the road. A freshman A-middie put in 3 goals on 3 shots. A sophomore goalie in her first year as a starter made 9 saves. A sophomore defender led the team in GBs. And they have a first-year coach who seems to have re-energized the experienced players. Looking forward to seeing how this story ends.
Agree completely. And Lamonica's overall "calm" -- particularly with the sketchy officiating -- permeated the effort.
OuttaNowhereWregget

9-6 Terps 13:06 4th

10-6! 12:40

10-7 11:52
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

eastcoastlax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:51 am As far as the coaches doing such a great job scouting ND this year etc lets just remember UVA beat ND last year.
Is it possible they also did a great job scouting them last year, too? Not sure what beating them last year has to do with scouting them this year, but I do appreciate when both coaches and players spend time in the film room & on the field prepping against a specific defense. You really tend to notice it against a zone
OuttaNowhereWregget

11-7 Terps 3:32 left

11-8 3:21

And that's how it ends. 11-8 Maryland. They earned it.
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Nice win for the Terps. Just don't think JMU has the offense to compete for the whole enchilada.
NutmegCrunch

Post by NutmegCrunch »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:05 pm Wondering if anyone from this forum will have breakdowns on the Hero's youth intersquad scrimmage they showed on BTN+.

Need to know who the top prospects for class of 2032 will be.
LOL, this isn't BOTC...
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Pretty easy win for the Flag Trimmed white uni’s at Old Bay Field.
NutmegCrunch

Post by NutmegCrunch »

Louisville is hanging in there remarkably well against BC in the first half.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

NutmegCrunch wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:14 pm Louisville is hanging in there remarkably well against BC in the first half.
I feel like BC has played horribly in the first half against them for the past 4 seasons
BackOfTheNet

Post by BackOfTheNet »

Haven't paid much attention to Louisville in the past, but they are playing far better than I expected. Wildly impressed by the Nakazawa sisters. BC defense non existent.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

NutmegCrunch wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:14 pm Louisville is hanging in there remarkably well against BC in the first half.
I was just coming here to comment on that... 3 goal game with 11 minutes to go. Didn't see it coming. Unfortunately not able to watch, is this due to BC playing poorly or Louisville playing well?
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

I didn’t bother putting out a line for this one. Just assumed the Cards would be mercy ruled!
BackOfTheNet

Post by BackOfTheNet »

belleoftheball wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:03 pm
I was just coming here to comment on that... 3 goal game with 11 minutes to go. Didn't see it coming. Unfortunately not able to watch, is this due to BC playing poorly or Louisville playing well?
A little bit of both probably. Louisville winning draw controls and able to mix up their attack between one v one challenges and quick passing/cutting. BC offense not having trouble scoring when they get down there. but defense is just a mess. getting beat 1v1 repeatedly.
Last edited by BackOfTheNet on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

BackOfTheNet wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:10 pm
A little bit of both probably. Louisville winning draw controls and able to mix up their attack between one v one challenges and quick passing/cutting. BC offense not having trouble scoring when they get down there. but defense is just a mess.
I’m not watching but I looked earlier at the box score. That’s the second game in a row where Belle Smith has been non existent on the offensive side of the ball. I wonder what is going on with that. Last game she was getting subbed out often in the o zone.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

A little bit of both probably. Louisville winning draw controls and able to mix up their attack between one v one challenges and quick passing/cutting. BC offense not having trouble scoring when they get down there. but defense is just a mess. getting beat 1v1 repeatedly.
Interesting, thanks! I did think the same when they played VT. I wonder what's going on. Although some of the personnel has left it's still a very strong group. Coaching?
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:13 pm
A little bit of both probably. Louisville winning draw controls and able to mix up their attack between one v one challenges and quick passing/cutting. BC offense not having trouble scoring when they get down there. but defense is just a mess.
I’m not watching but I looked earlier at the box score. That’s the second game in a row where Belle Smith has been non existent on the offensive side of the ball. I wonder what is going on with that. Last game she was getting subbed out often in the o zone.
Same here! She's a fantastic player and VT game showed she was still the same Belle Smith as years past. Again, it must be down to a coaching decision?
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Honestly, every team out there can lose to so many teams at any time. People hyping any of these teams is whacked. No team has separation talent and these girls are so inconsistent in their performances. going to be “upsets” all over the tournament.
I’m sticking with the Flag Trimmed Beauties of Old Bay field and their infinite natty trophies but honestly they could lose to about 15 teams.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”