The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:27 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:41 pm And Diapered and Dementia Don wanted to invite the Taliban to Camp David.
Maybe it was to discuss options….before this admin started funding and bankrolling them in 23’ after the fugged up vacuum when we left in 21’

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna80446
Humanitarian aid, no doubt. No reason to give them military aid. Besides, we “left” them a ton of military equipment.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Are we going to talk about the Katie Britt Show?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Where to start? On her Wikipedia page, she is listed as one of 19 valedictorians in her high school class. 19? Wonder how many kids there were in her high school class? 19?
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:15 am Sorry, all you sauerbraten eaters. Biden hit it out of the park tonight. Those Americans who watched to see, "old sleepy joe, the dotard" were greatly disappointed tonight. Tonight he was "Joe the populist happy warrior" fighting for the working man. He helped himself greatly with the independents and democrats that were concerned with him being too old.

Also sorry, but the voters don't care about Afghanistan, it is over, minimal casualties under Biden.
I was apprehensive about how he was going to perform going into the SofN, but agree with your hitting it out of the park comment and he handled the now routine hecklers perfectly. It was just what he, the party and the nation needed.

From my Democratic Party insiders, Joe would have happily turned over the reins, but no one stepped up and he didn’t want to leave the nation to Trump to ruin.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Be careful what you wish for.
Biden didn't want to leave the country for Trump to ruin.
Instead, Trump lost and stuck around for another 4 years polluting the political landscape.
Trump needs to win this year and finish out his second term so the country can all move on.
Otherwise he'll be running in 2028 and the division will continue.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Oh, he’ll run in 2028. Unless he is wearing a drool bucket in the old folks home. Or 6 feet under.

Nikki Haley is rooting for Biden to win. If Trump wins, there is zero chance the country would elect another Republican in 2028 because they would be so sick of the party. On the other hand, after eight years of Joe, I could definitely see a Republican winning in 2028. That’s what Nikki is banking on, I think.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:53 am Be careful what you wish for.
Instead, Trump lost and stuck around for another 4 years polluting the political landscape.
Trump needs to win this year and finish out his second term so the country can all move on.
Oh, OK. Sounds good. I'm convinced. I'll stand down because, you know, gas is over $3.00 a gallon and so, fascism and "moving on."

It is hard to believe you actually wrote this, read it, and then posted it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:04 am Oh, he’ll run in 2028. Unless he is wearing a drool bucket in the old folks home. Or 6 feet under.

Nikki Haley is rooting for Biden to win. If Trump wins, there is zero chance the country would elect another Republican in 2028 because they would be so sick of the party. On the other hand, after eight years of Joe, I could definitely see a Republican winning in 2028. That’s what Nikki is banking on, I think.
Agreed.

Pretty rare for either party to string 3 terms together, though Reagan and HW did. Just a natural ebb and flow.

I'm not sure, however, that the GOP MAGA stink will wash off sufficiently, though Haley has positioned herself to at least offer that narrative. But will MAGA diehards be ready for her or another more traditional Republican (RINO these days)? Or will they put up a rabid MAGA supporter?

Of course, it won't be Joe running next time, so if they make that mistake, the Dems could well bury the GOP for at least one more cycle...absent some terrible calamity that gets blamed on the Dems.

Kram's scenario is ridiculous.
Assuming Biden wins, way, way more likely that Trump is in jail or dead than winning the nomination from the GOP again.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:15 am
Oh, OK. Sounds good. I'm convinced. I'll stand down because, you know, gas is over $3.00 a gallon and so, fascism and "moving on."

It wasn't an endorsement, it was the truth.
It's hard to believe you actually think Trump will go away if he loses this November.
You've watched the past 8 years. You've watched every attempt to make him ineligible. You watched every trial, every bit of evidence.
I don't see Trump saying to himself, "Welp, I lost again, time to bow out."
What do you think will make him go away?
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:37 am

It's hard to believe you actually think Trump will go away if he loses this November.
It's harder still to believe that you think that Trumpism will go away with Trump.

Kram: wake up, my man. Because rational people in the Republican party won't fight these toddlers, and kick them out? Trumpism is stronger than ever.

It's going nowhere until the R"s start leading, and start telling guys like me WHAT THEIR PLAN FOR GOVERNANCE IS FOR THE 2020's.

They have no plan. They have no platform. And worst of all? Trump is their runaway leader. How do you think the bipartisan Immigration Deal died?
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:40 am
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:15 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:55 pm Rah Rah . Let's toast NATO. The mightiest military alliance that's never fought a war.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You say that like you think this doesn't mean that the alliance performed flawlessly for 70+ years, and counting.

How's the Soviet Union doing, Old Salt? Do I need to explain to you how alliances work?
Maybe perhaps NATO should have asserted their prowess in Ukraine? After all the only good Russian is a dead Russian. Have you ever seen the original All Quiet on the Western Front.? The people doing the fighting and dying don't give a chit about politics. In a brief moment of peace you hear a bird singing and then a sniper shoots you dead. That moment makes me cry. It doesn't matter if your your a Russian soldier or a Ukrainian soldier. All you want is to go home to your family..
That's right! This is why I'm the only guy on the board who thinks that we shouldn't use our troops like they're pieces of equipment.

This is why I think arming ANYONE who isn't a treaty-bound ally is foolish, and ALWAYS comes back to bite us in the long run.

And we're making the same dumb, wasteful mistake with Taiwan.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:29 am
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:55 pm Rah Rah . Let's toast NATO. The mightiest military alliance that's never fought a war.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You say that like you think this doesn't mean that the alliance performed flawlessly for 70+ years, and counting.

How's the Soviet Union doing, Old Salt? Do I need to explain to you how alliances work?
As I said -- the mightiest alliance that never fought a war. We won by just being there.
I was one of the >340k US forces there when The Wall came down. The parades & toasts were awesome.
Great parties at the Spanish & Brits officers mess. Sure, tell me all about how alliances work.
Then don't make it sound like a bad thing that NATO worked as intended with your sarcastic "rah rah", and never had to fire a shot.

While the Soviets disintegrated.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:40 am

It's harder still to believe that you think that Trumpism will go away with Trump.

Kram: wake up, my man. Because rational people in the Republican party won't fight these toddlers, and kick them out? Trumpism is stronger than ever.

It's going nowhere until the R"s start leading, and start telling guys like me WHAT THEIR PLAN FOR GOVERNANCE IS FOR THE 2020's.

They have no plan. They have no platform. And worst of all? Trump is their runaway leader. How do you think the bipartisan Immigration Deal died?
You realize both can be true?

Sure the republicans need to develop an actual platform. But that isn't happening as long as his shadow is lurking. IMO, Trumpism isn't going to die until there's no chance for Trump to be in office. And that ain't happening via the courts.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 am
a fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:40 am

You realize both can be true?
Sure, both can be true. But I'm telling ya....we are DECADES from this going away, my friend. Remember you cats acting like Trump would be a blip, and would go away when he took office? That was over 10 years ago!
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 am Sure the republicans need to develop an actual platform. But that isn't happening as long as his shadow is lurking. IMO, Trumpism isn't going to die until there's no chance for Trump to be in office. And that ain't happening via the courts.
Good luck with that platform!

They spent 40 years telling us that 'government is bad". THIS is why they have no platform: they cannot help working class Americans without expanding government services, just as we've seen in EVERY other 1st world nation. So...how do you make that liberal pitch, without telling your voters you're stealing liberal ideas?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:49 am
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:27 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:41 pm And Diapered and Dementia Don wanted to invite the Taliban to Camp David.
Maybe it was to discuss options….before this admin started funding and bankrolling them in 23’ after the fugged up vacuum when we left in 21’

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna80446
Right. We JUST started sending money, arms, and training to those **holes when Biden arrived. Hint: Charlie Wilson and Reagan.

And by "vacuum", you mean "we got our troops the F out of there because American military families were sick of their kids arriving home in pine boxes for no freaking reason whatsoever".
See.....you just like to argue. ;)
:lol: We ALL do. Guilty! It's why we're here, my man!
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:49 am :lol: And no one disagrees about leaving ...only you would make that strawman argument, it was the process by which, and we already beat that horse in to a gallon of glue.
A. no, Old Salt wanted to stay.

And B. when I asked the forum, "if Biden is so bad, give me your plan for leaving Afghanistan that guarantees few than TWELVE American deaths".

No one answered. Because this is harder than it looks. Republicans would admit this instantly if Biden had a R by his name. :roll:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

It wasn't an endorsement, it was the truth.
You've watched the past 8 years. You've watched every attempt to make him ineligible. You watched every trial, every bit of evidence.
I don't see Trump saying to himself, "Welp, I lost again, time to bow out."
What do you think will make him go away?
You need to catch up. I have long said that Trump is less the problem than his movement; someone will want to inherit the mantle of this perverse cancer and its 30-40 million adherents. But the idea that we all just accept him for another four years -- policy free, platform free, vindictive, self-interested, destructive to every institution of democracy there is, Putin-friendly and NATO loathing -- is just about the stupidest thing I have heard on this board, and that's saying something. You're better and smarter than this. Least I hope you are.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:35 pm You need to catch up. I have long said that Trump is less the problem than his movement; someone will want to inherit the mantle of this perverse cancer and its 30-40 million adherents. But the idea that we all just accept him for another four years -- policy free, platform free, vindictive, self-interested, destructive to every institution of democracy there is, Putin-friendly and NATO loathing -- is just about the stupidest thing I have heard on this board, and that's saying something. You're better and smarter than this. Least I hope you are.
Someone will undoubtedly want to take the mantle. But it doesn't mean they can grab the attention the way Trump did.
And I'm not saying it will be petty or you have to accept or like it. But I really think another 4 years of Trump is the most likely chance for the country and republicans to move past and get over him.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:00 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:35 pm You need to catch up. I have long said that Trump is less the problem than his movement; someone will want to inherit the mantle of this perverse cancer and its 30-40 million adherents. But the idea that we all just accept him for another four years -- policy free, platform free, vindictive, self-interested, destructive to every institution of democracy there is, Putin-friendly and NATO loathing -- is just about the stupidest thing I have heard on this board, and that's saying something. You're better and smarter than this. Least I hope you are.
Someone will undoubtedly want to take the mantle. But it doesn't mean they can grab the attention the way Trump did.
Sure they can! How do you think America went from being perfectly fine with LGBTQ in pop culture, to losing their freaking minds over a small-time YouTuber pitching BudLight?

How do you think we got State and Local Boards of Ed freaking out over the gays? And banning books? And passing laws "sticking it to the gays".

Or how about when DeSantis economically punished a Florida business using the power of his office.....and told the world WHY he was punishing Disney? What did Republicans do about that? Did they lose their minds, as they should at the sight of a Governor using his power to punish dissent?

Or did they cheer him on, and act "shocked" that Disney has been about inclusivity, and championing the underdog (see: Dumbo) from the word go?

Fear and Trumpism is everywhere, Kram. Trump ain't the problem. This isn't going away.

Republicans aren't rejecting this nonsense: they're embracing it, all over America.
njbill

Post by njbill »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:00 pm Someone will undoubtedly want to take the mantle. But it doesn't mean they can grab the attention the way Trump did.
I agree. DeSantis tried, but he has such an unappealing personality that he came up snake eyes. There could well be characters out there in the weeds now who have some Trumpy in them (without the bad qualities) and with a more appealing personality than DeSantis.

Trump is a truly unique figure in American politics. I won’t be around in 50 years when historians are writing books about him. Wonder if an historical consensus will emerge at some point. Won’t happen anytime soon though.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:42 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:40 am

Maybe perhaps NATO should have asserted their prowess in Ukraine? After all the only good Russian is a dead Russian. Have you ever seen the original All Quiet on the Western Front.? The people doing the fighting and dying don't give a chit about politics. In a brief moment of peace you hear a bird singing and then a sniper shoots you dead. That moment makes me cry. It doesn't matter if your your a Russian soldier or a Ukrainian soldier. All you want is to go home to your family..
That's right! This is why I'm the only guy on the board who thinks that we shouldn't use our troops like they're pieces of equipment.

This is why I think arming ANYONE who isn't a treaty-bound ally is foolish, and ALWAYS comes back to bite us in the long run.

And we're making the same dumb, wasteful mistake with Taiwan.
I think we are in the process of giving Taiwan the military aid it needs to make China think twice about invading the island. It is not quite a fair comparison. Ukraine is smack dab in the middle of a horrific war that they don't have the resources to win. This is in reality a proxy war being fought between Russia and the USA with Ukrainians doing the dying for America. If your a Ukrainian infantry soldier who has spent 2 years on the front lines and is still alive you understand that there is no victory to be found. Maybe in a brief moment of calm you reach out to touch a butterfly before you get your brains blown out. For the Frontline dog faced grunt there is no hope of ever going home to live in peace. Your already dead even if your still alive. All Quiet on the Western Front tells a poignant message most people don't understand still today. From a different perspective do you think the basic Russian conscript has the slightest idea why he is fighting in Ukraine? As a civilized society we never learn. When you can't resolve your differences peacefully just break out the weapons and start killing the folks you disagree with.That is after all what God would want us to do.

Does anybody out there see this ending well for either side? Way back in HS when studying the 100 years war I use to think why would you fight a never ending war? I'm asking myself the same question right now as I write this.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”