Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Brownlax

Re: Games Today

Post by Brownlax »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:45 pm
MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:49 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:43 pm Does anyone know what has happened to Vandy? They've never been great but losing 26-3 to JHU...
This just in…the AD doesn’t care about WLax and the team is not good this year. Hopkins is good again. So that’s a factor.
Yikes! Scoring 26 goals is a little much for me.
I just looked up the score to verify it and Hopkins had 21 goals not 26.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

8 teams scored 20 or over today. It’s the reason some HS ADs are against the shot clock. Scared some of the scores will be worse than 20-4 or 23-6.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Some lopsided scores today:
Hopkins 21 - Vandy 3
Delaware 13 - Lafayette 3
BC -23 - BU 5
Florida 21- UC Davis 7
UMASS Lowell 21 - Gardner Webb 2
Loyola 15 - Gtown 5
Towson 17 - UMBC 6
Brown 20 - Bryant 9
UVA 20 - Richmond 5
UM is beating up on William & Mary
Army beating Cal

And the Game of the day where no defense was played:
Stonehill 26 - Winthrop 19
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:33 pm Some lopsided scores today:
Hopkins 21 - Vandy 3
Delaware 13 - Lafayette 3
BC -23 - BU 5
Florida 21- UC Davis 7
UMASS Lowell 21 - Gardner Webb 2
Loyola 15 - Gtown 5
Towson 17 - UMBC 6
Brown 20 - Bryant 9
UVA 20 - Richmond 5
UM is beating up on William & Mary
Army beating Cal

And the Game of the day where no defense was played:
Stonehill 26 - Winthrop 19
Funny I was gonna add that to my last post. Defensive struggle. That game had to be 3 and a half hours. Easy.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:35 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:12 pm
McLax9777 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:19 am A lot of hype about Treanor not a lot results.
I think that's true of Syracuse and not just Treanor.
Curious what results is she not living up to? If I am not misremembering I believe the Orange were in the final 4 last year?
Based on their roster last year and the year before - they underperformed at the worst times (ACC tourney, NCAA semis, etc).
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:29 pm 8 teams scored 20 or over today. It’s the reason some HS ADs are against the shot clock. Scared some of the scores will be worse than 20-4 or 23-6.
Welcome to midweek games early in the season...
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:42 am
Bart wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:08 pm You’ll get no argument from me on the green cards. It’s painful to watch.
Green cards have ruined women's lacrosse for me. I realize that they're a result of too much cross checking, and too hard, on clears (not restricted to) but they've gone too far with petty calls that are unnecessary and have no effect on the game/play. It has slowed this game down and made it frustrating to watch (like back in days of yore when it was a game of whistles and constant stoppage). The pendulum swings and it has swung too far with these green cards. For the grow the game crowd, the one's who want to cater to the casual fan, I'd suggest you find a better way to control the game as it's heading back in the direction of being painful watch. Those who saw some fall ball and commented that they've slowed the game down were 100 right.

This officiating crew last night was god awful.....absolutely god awful!!!!!

Oh, and when you don't convert on FPSs from a good hash and lose by one, that's on you.
Jus' sayin'.
SB went 3 for 7 on FPS. So there's that too...
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:19 pm
Brownlax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:45 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:43 pm Does anyone know what has happened to Vandy? They've never been great but losing 26-3 to JHU...
This just in…the AD doesn’t care about WLax and the team is not good this year. Hopkins is good again. So that’s a factor.
Yikes! Scoring 26 goals is a little much for me.
I just looked up the score to verify it and Hopkins had 21 goals not 26.
my bad. saw a bad twitter post. 21 it is
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Shock of the day is probably Columbia over Nova.

Now I have believed since the beginning of the season that Columbia would be on the up, but even I didn't see this happening.

Didn't think Nova had fallen this much. Watched the 2nd half of the game and score was no fluke.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:23 pm Shock of the day is probably Columbia over Nova.

Now I have believed since the beginning of the season that Columbia would be on the up, but even I didn't see this happening.

Didn't think Nova had fallen this much. Watched the 2nd half of the game and score was no fluke.
Didn’t see the game but definitely unexpected. They aren’t having a good run the past few games for sure.

They only lost to USC by one goal in their first game so to be losing to Columbia less than a month later is tough.
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

SoCal wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:55 pm
The coaches don’t care either. My daughter and teammates attended their 5v5 camp during their sophomore year. They did incredibly well including beating the M&D black team. The coaches barely watched, paying more attention to their own children who they had with them at the camp. The coaches didn’t reach out to a single girl on my daughter’s team on 9/1. I think the coaches are lazy and don’t spend a lot of time trying to actually find the best players for their program.
There is a thought out there that recruits with big donor type parents get preferential treatment.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Drexel over navy is the most important result of the day…..
Did NOT expect that.
realitychecks

Post by realitychecks »

Relax 77 your constant attacks of SB and their coach with a daughter who is a 2025 is a very bold strategy especially with him knowing the coaching staff your daughter “may” be headed to Coaches do talk and that would be a rough thing for you to speak to your daughters future college coach. Imagine being the reason your daughter is dropped because of you. and I actually think any attacks take away from these boards
DMac

Post by DMac »

intheknow247 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:13 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:42 am
Bart wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:08 pm You’ll get no argument from me on the green cards. It’s painful to watch.
Green cards have ruined women's lacrosse for me. I realize that they're a result of too much cross checking, and too hard, on clears (not restricted to) but they've gone too far with petty calls that are unnecessary and have no effect on the game/play. It has slowed this game down and made it frustrating to watch (like back in days of yore when it was a game of whistles and constant stoppage). The pendulum swings and it has swung too far with these green cards. For the grow the game crowd, the one's who want to cater to the casual fan, I'd suggest you find a better way to control the game as it's heading back in the direction of being painful watch. Those who saw some fall ball and commented that they've slowed the game down were 100 right.

This officiating crew last night was god awful.....absolutely god awful!!!!!

Oh, and when you don't convert on FPSs from a good hash and lose by one, that's on you.
Jus' sayin'.
SB went 3 for 7 on FPS. So there's that too...
All the more reason you need to capitalize on these golden opportunities to score.
One team's ineptness has nothing to do with the other's, you need to score on this play.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:23 pm Shock of the day is probably Columbia over Nova.

The one thing that is always puzzling to me is how some of these "higher academic" schools just don't perform well on the lacrosse field. Patriot League comes to mind with great schools just not getting it done.

Good for Columbia - they have been at the bottom for a long time. I know the school is not located in the best area, but it's Columbia - an amazing school - and it sits in the middle of a lacrosse hotbed. I always thought that with the right coach - they could build a great program.

My alma mater is no different. We languished over the years with the former coaching staff. We never made it to the Ivy League Playoffs, we never went to a single NCAA tournament game. You bring in a new coach with the right attitude like Katrina Dowd and she has her girls playing like a different team right now. But most importantly the girls love her and they are having a blast!
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Just received a threatening message from reality checks I decided to share with you.

A. Never attacked his daughter. Said she was a great player but overrated as the number 1 recruit. Believe I actually said his player AE was better. Just like everyone does every year. IE wurtzberger, hassleback and now Humphrey.
B. Never attacked SB. Said Masera flops. She does.
C. What I think about Joe is shared by hundreds including the majority of his own club.
D. Apparently you didn’t go back far enough. I also have a 2023 daughter. So you don’t need to threaten my 2025. Just have him reach out to her coach to intervene. Then again nothing will happen. Pretty sure she’s not a fan either.
E. This is a message forum. That’s what people do. They criticize and talk the sport. You think this is bad go on the LI forum BOTC
F. Ridiculous I even have to spend my time with this nonsense
Congratulations on the deep dive into my posts. Hope the time was well spent. Btw. I doubt JS would take the time to look into this and try to hurt kids because of what their parents said but maybe I’m wrong. I welcome it. It would prove The 95% of the club parents that dislike him right and he’s a clown.

There you go. There’s my response. Have at it.
🤦🏻‍♂️
Attachments
View recent photos 2 Small 2.jpeg
View recent photos 2 Small 2.jpeg (25.17 KiB) Viewed 319 times
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

ReLax77 wrote..."I think Spallina is a really good coach. Does more with less. But he does have Hart (GR) and Masera (SN) I have a feeling next year that team drops off so now would be a great time for him to jump."

My question is WHY? Why would now be a great time to jump? Jump to where?

Stony Brook is HIS program. He came in and took it into the top ten of Women's Collegiate D1 Lacrosse. Has he won a National Championship yet? NO. Can he win one at Stony Brook? That's the goal every year. If he can get the right combination of 4-5 star players and role players, he could win a NC. No one believed that James Madison University could win an NC, but they did and they beat a vaunted ACC school to do it. In fact, they beat 3 ACC schools to win the NC. So, Stony Brook could do it. Joe has had a lot of good to outstanding players for many years. Will he have a breakthrough? I think so, but I'm biased.

Long Island has so much talent and Joe is known from one end of the Island to the other. He will, as he says, "Keep Choppin Wood" and he won't stop until he's holding the NC Trophy.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:30 am ReLax77 wrote..."I think Spallina is a really good coach. Does more with less. But he does have Hart (GR) and Masera (SN) I have a feeling next year that team drops off so now would be a great time for him to jump."

My question is WHY? Why would now be a great time to jump? Jump to where?

Stony Brook is HIS program. He came in and took it into the top ten of Women's Collegiate D1 Lacrosse. Has he won a National Championship yet? NO. Can he win one at Stony Brook? That's the goal every year. If he can get the right combination of 4-5 star players and role players, he could win a NC. No one believed that James Madison University could win an NC, but they did and they beat a vaunted ACC school to do it. In fact, they beat 3 ACC schools to win the NC. So, Stony Brook could do it. Joe has had a lot of good to outstanding players for many years. Will he have a breakthrough? I think so, but I'm biased.

Long Island has so much talent and Joe is known from one end of the Island to the other. He will, as he says, "Keep Choppin Wood" and he won't stop until he's holding the NC Trophy.
Funny. That quote of mine seems like I was complimenting Spallina instead of “constant” attacks. From what we have been told the last couple of years he has interviewed at other schools. Clemson being one of them. Not sure if he interviewed for Cuse. I thought he did.
As to where I couldn’t speculate. If the boards are right maybe they’ll be openings at programs like Penn State. I know most of his kids are done. Not sure if there’s another one or if Mrs Spallina is ok with a change of scenery.
Last edited by Relax77 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:36 pm Drexel over navy is the most important result of the day…..
Did NOT expect that.
This was a good game. Did not expect that either.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

McLax9777 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:27 am
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:36 pm Drexel over navy is the most important result of the day…..
Did NOT expect that.
This was a good game. Did not expect that either.
I know easy to say now, but I actually meant to comment on this pre game yesterday. Drexel is no pushover.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”