Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
MolonLaxe

Re: Games Today

Post by MolonLaxe »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:28 pm
laxer12 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:10 am
Lax101 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:00 am
Kleizaster wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:43 am Stonybrook beating CUSE wasn't a surprise..SB is a strong well coached team and they do this every year. Just goes to show how small the gap is between all these teams. Why not StonyBrook? if there was ever a year for them to have a shot to win it all..it would be this year.

You can't say they arent contenders because no else really is. They qualify by default
I disagree completely. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. SB played the much better game. Their defense was better and their offensive execution was better, and they squeeked out a 1 goal game against Cuse who in my opinion played awful, looked awful and made zero adjustments. Dropped passes in the 8 by girls wide open, girls more concerned about shooting BTB instead of making easy shots etc. IMO NW, BC and ND would be heavy favorites against SB by denying Finn behind and locking off EM. I was surprised that Cuse coach allowed SB to run the same play from behind the cage and never made adjustments.
Absolutely this. Cuse was bad all over the field and yet, they still could’ve won that game lol. Stony Brook is good, not great.
I agree with a lot, especially he dropped balls. Way too many for a top 25 team. I didn’t mind the two btb’s. One was a drop the other was bang bang. I agree, when you get both coaches screaming at the same official, it usually is a fairly called game. Even if it’s consistently bad, it’s consistent. Green cards are here but that doesn’t mean you can’t dislike them. The Tax code isn’t going away, that doesn’t mean we have to like it. 😁

I think Spallina is a really good coach. Does more with less. But he does have Hart (GR) and Masera (SN) I have a feeling next year that team drops off so now would be a great time for him to jump.

See. It’s starting to get play on Instagram. Look how happy the little guy looks. 😁 I know one poster didn’t like it but I think I’m sticking with the “Italian Leprechaun”
I did chuckle when I saw it earlier and I did again. :lol:
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:43 am Stonybrook beating CUSE wasn't a surprise..SB is a strong well coached team and they do this every year. Just goes to show how small the gap is between all these teams. Why not StonyBrook? if there was ever a year for them to have a shot to win it all..it would be this year.

You can't say they arent contenders because no else really is. They qualify by default
+1
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

flushlax77 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:24 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:17 am Richmond v. UVA, today at 5:00 eastern (according to the ESPN site), in Charlottesville. I like Virginia by a couple, close game, etc.

Now does someone who knows something about Richmond want to chime in?
Richmond isn't Richmond of the past. All those studs have moved on. Navy just put a beat down on Richmond. Give me UVA by 5+.
Haha we posted basically the same thing at the same time. What are the betting odds on that?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

laxdadpat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:13 pm SB zone gave Cuse fits last night. Cuse did miss on some point blank shots that could have won it, but the 1 and 2 man up was terrible for Cuse. Where were the cutters as was previously stated?? That SB zone was very aggressive and active. The SB zone looks different than other zones to me. They are able to pressure out high and still clog the middle. The 2 up top with high pressure and 5 back locking down the middle is not easy to make work, credit the coach. The team that played with more energy won last night.
SBU plays an aggressive Rover Zone.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Lindenwood wagon rages on !!
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Coastal with a late back and forth with Binghamton and an overtime win, 12 - 11. A fairly entertaining game to watch.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:19 pm Lindenwood wagon rages on !!
Was Akron as bad as they've historically been? It doesn't look like they got many shots off vs Lindenwood.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:42 pm Coastal with a late back and forth with Binghamton and an overtime win, 12 - 11. A fairly entertaining game to watch.
Wanted to see that one. Didn’t realize it was a 12 start.
Last edited by Relax77 on Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:23 pm
MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:42 pm Coastal with a late back and forth with Binghamton and an overtime win, 12 - 11. A fairly entertaining game to watch.
Replay is still up on ESPN+ if you want to watch it. They somehow ended up with the best ESPN+ Play-by-Play guy, but still no replays available after goals.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:28 pm
Replay is still up on ESPN+ if you want to watch it. They somehow ended up with the best ESPN+ Play-by-Play guy, but still no replays available after goals.
I’ll take a look. Funny, watching last nights SB Cuse game I told my daughter when she gets home from school today I wanted her to watch a mid range game and just look at the difference of the soles of the game and how quick the ball moves and how tight the coverage is. That’s the game I picked.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Does anyone know what has happened to Vandy? They've never been great but losing 26-3 to JHU...
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:43 pm Does anyone know what has happened to Vandy? They've never been great but losing 26-3 to JHU...
This just in…the AD doesn’t care about WLax and the team is not good this year. Hopkins is good again. So that’s a factor.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:47 pm
MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:28 pm
I’ll take a look. Funny, watching last nights SB Cuse game I told my daughter when she gets home from school today I wanted her to watch a mid range game and just look at the difference of the soles of the game and how quick the ball moves and how tight the coverage is. That’s the game I picked.
I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts on this one.

On an unrelated note, good go see Fairfield leading Vermont!
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:49 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:43 pm Does anyone know what has happened to Vandy? They've never been great but losing 26-3 to JHU...
This just in…the AD doesn’t care about WLax and the team is not good this year. Hopkins is good again. So that’s a factor.
The coaches don’t care either. My daughter and teammates attended their 5v5 camp during their sophomore year. They did incredibly well including beating the M&D black team. The coaches barely watched, paying more attention to their own children who they had with them at the camp. The coaches didn’t reach out to a single girl on my daughter’s team on 9/1. I think the coaches are lazy and don’t spend a lot of time trying to actually find the best players for their program.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

SoCal wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:55 pm
The coaches don’t care either. My daughter and teammates attended their 5v5 camp during their sophomore year. They did incredibly well including beating the M&D black team. The coaches barely watched, paying more attention to their own children who they had with them at the camp. The coaches didn’t reach out to a single girl on my daughter’s team on 9/1. I think the coaches are lazy and don’t spend a lot of time trying to actually find the best players for their program.
Results fully support this statement. I don’t know their criteria but it’s definitely on brand for Vandy levels of “success.”
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Yikes! Scoring 26 goals is a little much for me.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

I dunno, what does “great” mean? They did make a final four about 12 years ago and about 10 years ago had a topped ranked recruiting class (under former coach). Made the NCAA’s a couple of seasons ago and had a good argument to make it the following year. They are no where even close to good at this point. Sad to see, as my daughter played there and had a lot of success and continues to in her professional career (not playing professional lacrosse, working 9-5) Really think some changes are needed in the West End if the school wants a team that wins and competes at the top level. As others have said, AD has bigger concerns or interests. Also agree that recruiting the past 4-5 years has been poor.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:45 pm
Yikes! Scoring 26 goals is a little much for me.
The final was 21-3. Not 26-3. Not that it’s much better. But it was 10-1 at end of first quarter and 15-2 at half and Hop started subbing in second quarter. Hard to tell a bunch of upperclassmen and freshman that have hardly played all season to just play catch for 3 quarters.

14 different players scored for Hop today. Wasn’t a situation you see at a lot of schools of letting starters pad stats.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

How good is UVA? Can’t wait to see the ND game. Makes the two Tiger teams they beat look a bit better. My game of the week is ND vs UVA…lots of answers there.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

UVA looks decent. I believe ND will roll them by 5.

How about UMass Lowell with a 21 - 2 win. I did not have them starting out 6-0 on my 2024 bingo card.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”