Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxDadMax

Re: Games Today

Post by LaxDadMax »

spidey44 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:52 am
laxguy516 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:44 am
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:51 pm Joe was pumped up in the locker room after the game. Looked like a little Italian Leprechaun. 😁
Continued shots at Spallina and his program. Why so much hate? Sounds personal........
I know Relax is a 2025 parent as am I. IYKYK lol.
Be Nice. Spallina's Yellow Jackets team would play anyone, anywhere....except for the Yellow Jackets B team.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:00 am
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:51 pm Joe was pumped up in the locker room after the game. Looked like a little Italian Leprechaun. 😁
Continued shots at Spallina and his program. Why so much hate? Sounds personal........
Be Nice. Spallina's Yellow Jackets team would play anyone, anywhere....except for the Yellow Jackets B team.
And LiveLoveLax where they'll drop out on the Friday of the tournament...
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:59 am Although the officiating unfortunately took center stage, this was an important game for stony Brook and a result that nobody in this forum predicted I think. It’s a win over a team that will almost certainly be a top 10 team at the end of the season. This didn’t look like a fluke…. Stony Brook looked like they belonged with cuse in every way.
If spallina didn’t get fired up about this win, something would be wrong with him.
Who on this forum thinks unc for example is playing better lacrosse this season than stony Brook?
Nothing wrong with him being fired up at all. I actually liked the locker room celebration. Good for those kids. As I said early, it was a fun entertaining game. I have no dog in this fight. It was a see saw game back and forth. He’s a great coach, now doubt. Just slimy.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:20 am
I am not sure this is "hate" ... pretty funny actually. Way more things said about Spallina here that I would classify as HATE.
Yes it wasn’t hate. I found the video funny.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:01 am
Lmao! And don’t forget, Yellow Jackets B are sometimes Yellow Jackets A and B. Especially at LiveLoveLax and Summer Genesis.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bart wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:08 pm You’ll get no argument from me on the green cards. It’s painful to watch.
Green cards have ruined women's lacrosse for me. I realize that they're a result of too much cross checking, and too hard, on clears (not restricted to) but they've gone too far with petty calls that are unnecessary and have no effect on the game/play. It has slowed this game down and made it frustrating to watch (like back in days of yore when it was a game of whistles and constant stoppage). The pendulum swings and it has swung too far with these green cards. For the grow the game crowd, the one's who want to cater to the casual fan, I'd suggest you find a better way to control the game as it's heading back in the direction of being painful watch. Those who saw some fall ball and commented that they've slowed the game down were 100 right.

This officiating crew last night was god awful.....absolutely god awful!!!!!

Oh, and when you don't convert on FPSs from a good hash and lose by one, that's on you.
Jus' sayin'.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

1 million times this. And it was so obvious this is what would happen. Much rather institute a cumulative penalty - something like 3 cards on any player being a red card, or something similar. You just can’t slow the hand down and put a team down a player for some of these garbage calls (not referring to this game).
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:42 am
Bart wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:08 pm You’ll get no argument from me on the green cards. It’s painful to watch.
Green cards have ruined women's lacrosse for me. I realize that they're a result of too much cross checking, and too hard, on clears (not restricted to) but they've gone too far with petty calls that are unnecessary and have no effect on the game/play. It has slowed this game down and made it frustrating to watch (like back in days of yore when it was a game of whistles and constant stoppage). The pendulum swings and it has swung too far with these green cards. For the grow the game crowd, the one's who want to cater to the casual fan, I'd suggest you find a better way to control the game as it's heading back in the direction of being painful watch. Those who saw some fall ball and commented that they've slowed the game down were 100 right.

Oh, and when you don't convert on FPSs from a good hash and lose by one, that's on you.
Jus' sayin'.
Agreed, on all of it, including the missed FPSs.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Richmond v. UVA, today at 5:00 eastern (according to the ESPN site), in Charlottesville. I like Virginia by a couple, close game, etc.

Now does someone who knows something about Richmond want to chime in?
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

2004wrongisland wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:35 pm Masera is clearly a likely Tewaarton finalist after tonight. 4 goals including the game winner in OT, 9 draw controls, two falling down highlight reel goals. She’s a special player and showed it tonight.
What's kind of amazing here is many of the SB goals were just cuts and feeds. The funniest part of this is, it's a drill Joe runs all the time called three spot. It was kind of shocking to see the lack of awareness (or laziness) on covering the cutters allowing the openings.

Also, let's pump the brakes on Masera. Kailyn Hart was way more impressive IMO.

Hats off to Joe and SB for the win, but it doesn't mean I have to like the guy. :lol:
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:17 am Richmond v. UVA, today at 5:00 eastern (according to the ESPN site), in Charlottesville. I like Virginia by a couple, close game, etc.

Richmond isn't Richmond of the past. All those studs have moved on. Navy just put a beat down on Richmond. Give me UVA by 5+.
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:17 am Richmond v. UVA, today at 5:00 eastern (according to the ESPN site), in Charlottesville. I like Virginia by a couple, close game, etc.

Richmond just got spanked by Navy. I think Virginia wins by more than a couple. I also think Navy is better than their ranking.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:20 am
2004wrongisland wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:35 pm Masera is clearly a likely Tewaarton finalist after tonight. 4 goals including the game winner in OT, 9 draw controls, two falling down highlight reel goals. She’s a special player and showed it tonight.
What's kind of amazing here is many of the SB goals were just cuts and feeds. The funniest part of this is, it's a drill Joe runs all the time called three spot. It was kind of shocking to see the lack of awareness (or laziness) on covering the cutters allowing the openings.

Hats off to Joe and SB for the win, but it doesn't mean I have to like the guy. :lol:
I just think the win will make the selection day whining even more spectacular after SB runs the table and doesn't get a top 4 seed.
DMac

Post by DMac »

MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:20 am Also, let's pump the brakes on Masera. Kailyn Hart was way more impressive IMO.
Pump the brakes on her?
The girl was phenomenal (and in more than just one phase of the game)!!!!
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:42 am

Jus' sayin'.
I think the green card rule was an overreaction to a big problem of girl just hacking at players in transition. I would have no issue with green cards if they eliminated the calls on 50/50 plays and just called them when a player is trying to slow down a transition opportunity.

I do think the rules changes around shooting space and calling charging more are steps in the right direction.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

spidey44 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:01 am
They played on Sunday of LLL. In a middle-B pool where they blew everyone out.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:25 am
MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:20 am

I just think the win will make the selection day whining even more spectacular after SB runs the table and doesn't get a top 4 seed.
Yep. They will beat Denver at home and go on to be u defeated this season . Last nigh’ts win was huge for them .

Not sure how Cuse rights the ship feel like she (Trainor) perpetuates the undisciplined lax that Gait had
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Stonybrook beating CUSE wasn't a surprise..SB is a strong well coached team and they do this every year. Just goes to show how small the gap is between all these teams. Why not StonyBrook? if there was ever a year for them to have a shot to win it all..it would be this year.

You can't say they arent contenders because no else really is. They qualify by default
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

SoCal wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:24 am

Richmond just got spanked by Navy. I think Virginia wins by more than a couple. I also think Navy is better than their ranking.
Didn't know that; thanks to both you SoCal and flushlax for the info.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:40 am (Trainor)
Treanor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vjEnkQdaHM

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”