NJIT

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: NJIT

Post by 10stone5 »

DoubleD wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:50 pm
faircornell wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:05 pm The coach has also done a good job at recruiting and retaining players. NJIT's three leading scorers include two attackmen from Claremont (Western Canada's equivalent to the Hill Academy), Arthur Miller and Jack Bowie. Additionally, NJIT has a graduate student, Jessie Roth, who was a strong contributor at Bellarmine as an undergraduate.
He's an excellent recruiter he brought Will Mark to LIU. He had his 6 top players transfer out of LIU when he left. 2 went to Syracuse, 1 Ohio State, 1 Umass, 1 Stonybrook and 1 Drexel. The man finds underrated talent or undeveloped talent and develops em. 5 - 0 for NJIT is so impressive. Good for those kids.
Justin Joseph was the number 3 faceoff man in the CAA last year - against some stiff competition at faceoff.
gmen1986

Post by gmen1986 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:20 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:38 am Watching this game now,

they play an interesting brand of lacrosse, pushing on transition.
I was at the game today, and the O is a total 180 from the previous regime. They ball movement, the player movement offball, nobody standing around ball watching, fun to watch. They have a very good chance of winning 10-12 games this year, and might have a chance at the conf championship. That said, they have their 3 toughest opponents on the road, no easy task.

It's amazing what Wolf has done in under 2 years with the same kids for the most part.
the right hire (in anything) makes all the difference.. its insane it took the AD 8 years (?) to realize their original coach wasn't any good. good for wolf, the NJIT players, and NJIT.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

gmen1986 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:54 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:20 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:38 am Watching this game now,

they play an interesting brand of lacrosse, pushing on transition.
I was at the game today, and the O is a total 180 from the previous regime. They ball movement, the player movement offball, nobody standing around ball watching, fun to watch. They have a very good chance of winning 10-12 games this year, and might have a chance at the conf championship. That said, they have their 3 toughest opponents on the road, no easy task.

It's amazing what Wolf has done in under 2 years with the same kids for the most part.
the right hire (in anything) makes all the difference.. its insane it took the AD 8 years (?) to realize their original coach wasn't any good. good for wolf, the NJIT players, and NJIT.
Yep, I wish them the best, they deserve it.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

congrats on the undefeated start. impressive. but before we get carried away about winning the conference, let’s not forget that they have only played comparable teams so far.

St. John 0-5
Sienna 1-2
MSM 0-4
Monmouth 1-2
Manhattan. 0-4

5 wins. combined opponents record of 2-17. combined point difference of 9

with that said. still impressive to win. this should continue.

Wagner 0-3
Lindenwood 0-2
Vermont. 1-3
Binghamton 1-2

this team should have some confidence by the time they face bryant.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

7 and 0 heading into the Vermont game would be big,

getting their 1st win against a Vermont team with two recent NCAAs would be even bigger, I'll definitely be catching that game.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

I love this story and it deserves more coverage. Lots of great Coaches and players not in the ACC Big10 and Ivy. This is how you grow the game. D2 and D3 too.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Love the way you have jumped on this bandwagon yet no mention of what VMI has done. Total student attendance NJIT 11k+. VMI 1K +. Each class at NJIT has more people than VMI’s total. VMI no possible way of exploiting COVID eligibility. VMI’s employment rate at graduation 100% with less than 50% military.

BZ to NJIT. BZ to VMI.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:16 pm Love the way you have jumped on this bandwagon yet no mention of what VMI has done. Total student attendance NJIT 11k+. VMI 1K +. Each class at NJIT has more people than VMI’s total. VMI no possible way of exploiting COVID eligibility. VMI’s employment rate at graduation 100% with less than 50% military.

BZ to NJIT. BZ to VMI.
If you are referring to me I am happy for both teams and what it takes for them to be successful. I have eve been to both schools for games although my trip to NJIT was when they didn’t have a field on campus playing in downtown Newark on like a 20 degree night. To be fair this is the NJIT thread and they are undefeated so sorry if VMI not mentioned. Pulling for both hoping they get more coverage.
sinman6

Post by sinman6 »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:16 pm Love the way you have jumped on this bandwagon yet no mention of what VMI has done. Total student attendance NJIT 11k+. VMI 1K +. Each class at NJIT has more people than VMI’s total. VMI no possible way of exploiting COVID eligibility. VMI’s employment rate at graduation 100% with less than 50% military.

BZ to NJIT. BZ to VMI.
Why are you bringing up VMI in a discussion about NJIT’s undefeated start? Bizarre
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

Coach Eric Wolf joined QK on the podcast.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... lf-e2gej34
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

What would anyone bring up VMI on the NJIT thread? This is great to see for NJIT a great academic school in an impossible location to recruit to. But as others have said- the strength of schedule is meh. that's said lets go-
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

backerzone wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:32 pm What would anyone bring up VMI on the NJIT thread? This is great to see for NJIT a great academic school in an impossible location to recruit to. But as others have said- the strength of schedule is meh. that's said lets go-
Want to buy a bridge with an inhabitant living under it?
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:42 pm I love this story and it deserves more coverage. Lots of great Coaches and players not in the ACC Big10 and Ivy. This is how you grow the game. D2 and D3 too.
I wouldnt say Wolf is a great coach by any means. He couldnt take LIU to the playoffs in the ECC in his last year in Division 2. The guy has done some decent recruiting and is playing a soft schedule thats garnering national attention. Id say hes a better marketer than coach.
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

DoubleD wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:41 am Gotta be impressed with coach Wolf at NJIT. The team is off to a 4 - 0 start after winning 9 games in ten yrs of program history. Wolf has won 7 games in 1 season and 4 games. First he took LIU from D 2 to D1 and they were competitive right away while finishing 8 - 7 in 2022 losing in conference tournament to a solid ST JOES team 11 - 10. LIU didn't wanna match NJITs offer so he had to leave as he was underpaid and unfortunately LIU lost what he was building as 6 of his top players transferred out to higher level programs. Now he's building NJIT to be competitive. No one believed that team could ever win 4 games in a row. Sure not tough D 1 comp but still from where they came from it's solid. Have to impressed so wanted to just say something as guys rip bottom D1 teams instead of giving ones who deserve props there props.
- The salary story is incorrect. Wolf completely lost the lockerroom in his time at LIU. He was losing major transfers as well as a result.
- While he was 8-7 on a weak schedule his first year in Division 1, he couldnt take LIU to the playoffs in Division 2 the year before.
- Hes playing an incredibly weak schedule.

Props for being undefeated but theres another coach who just went Division 1 who is the better story in my opinion and thats Dan Sheehan at LeMoyne.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

6 and 0 is 6 and 0,

its Division I no matter what people personally think of the teams, or their own personal beefs,

and possibly 7 and 0 heading into a big Vermont game.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

thoughtbot wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:10 pm
DoubleD wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:41 am Gotta be impressed with coach Wolf at NJIT. The team is off to a 4 - 0 start after winning 9 games in ten yrs of program history. Wolf has won 7 games in 1 season and 4 games. First he took LIU from D 2 to D1 and they were competitive right away while finishing 8 - 7 in 2022 losing in conference tournament to a solid ST JOES team 11 - 10. LIU didn't wanna match NJITs offer so he had to leave as he was underpaid and unfortunately LIU lost what he was building as 6 of his top players transferred out to higher level programs. Now he's building NJIT to be competitive. No one believed that team could ever win 4 games in a row. Sure not tough D 1 comp but still from where they came from it's solid. Have to impressed so wanted to just say something as guys rip bottom D1 teams instead of giving ones who deserve props there props.
- The salary story is incorrect. Wolf completely lost the lockerroom in his time at LIU. He was losing major transfers as well as a result.
- While he was 8-7 on a weak schedule his first year in Division 1, he couldnt take LIU to the playoffs in Division 2 the year before.

Props for being undefeated but theres another coach who just went Division 1 who is the better story in my opinion and thats Dan Sheehan at LeMoyne.
You’re kidding? LeMoyne is 1-3 and scheduled way over their head. Scheduling better teams and getting your dick kicked in doesn’t make you better. NJIT used to do the same thing, Harvard, Delaware, Army, Lehigh, Georgetown results, 7-92. This coach is doing it the right way.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Someone sounds butt hurt.

Ain’t a single coach, team, or fan base - regardless of division - who wouldn’t love to be undefeated at this point in the season.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Untrue his guys all transferred after he left LIU so ur WRONG. Only Richie Lacalandra left and the schedule was in the NEC with St Joes, Bryant and Hobart while also having Drexel, Stonybrook and Hofstra which no not top 20 but not a MAAC schedule. LIU made the conference tournament in both 2021 and 2022 the first two yrs legit in D1. 2020 was Covid yr so u have no idea what ur talking about. Lol I have nothing bad to say about Sheehan I don't knock other coaches who have done good things just get ur facts straight before making up nonsense.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

DoubleD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:17 pm

Untrue his guys all transferred after he left LIU so ur WRONG. Only Richie Lacalandra left and the schedule was in the NEC with St Joes, Bryant and Hobart while also having Drexel, Stonybrook and Hofstra which no not top 20 but not a MAAC schedule. LIU made the conference tournament in both 2021 and 2022 the first two yrs legit in D1. 2020 was Covid yr so u have no idea what ur talking about. Lol I have nothing bad to say about Sheehan I don't knock other coaches who have done good things just get ur facts straight before making up nonsense.
Oh and the salary is why he left 100% if I told u what he made at LIU for a D1 HC was pathetic.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

DoubleD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:18 pm
DoubleD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:17 pm

Oh and the salary is why he left 100% if I told u what he made at LIU for a D1 HC was pathetic.
Also nothing wrong with a MAAC schedule so I take that back as any D1 schedule is legit.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”