Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Essexfenwick

Re: Games Today

Post by Essexfenwick »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:39 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:04 pm It looks like no chemistry issues for UNC, but when you cut mostly every game and feed. You’re used to it, but when ND shut down that, we struggled and couldn’t rlly find our usual footing. The defense looked amazing, and we could’ve done better without fouling and causing 8 meters.

We could’ve been top 3 without injuries, Humphrey’s talent is so good and had looked amazing. Walker-Welch is an amazing defender and White is an amazing attacker. Harden and Student both make amazing contributions too.

I think next year we are top 2. We might lose 6 graduates, and alittle more from the seniors who won’t return. But, if you think of the offensive talent we could be really good. If Wurzburger returns and Casey could return with her redshirt year and covid year, we have two amazing veterans. Walker Welch returns to the defense, Forest could be going for her first full season. Godine and White leading that junior class, while Humphrey, Ann Leonard, Ingrilli and O’Connor are back. We also have the top two recruits with Corkins and Ozburn, also Levy and Calabria. You have a strong offense with depth, but defense is where they struggle next season. But I think we can start to improve our players, Nelson will be a different GK and could get half playing time with Nicolas. I think next year will be when you should watch us more.
Wurtz cannot come back -- 4 years and out. No covid considerations...
She’s already a senior? Amazing. The most hyped recruit ever kind of disappeared.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:31 pm Big ten 5-1 vs acc. The money is starting to show.
You must be joking about the money. What money? The money going to big 10 women’s lax?? You think that’s why the big 10 is doing well this year against acc?
I would suggest it’s coaching. KAH and Cathy Reese are proven winners across many many years.
And where is 5-1 coming from?

Md beat cuse.
Nw beat bc
Nd beat NW.

What am I missing?
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Penn state over Pitt

Hopkins beat Duke

Northwestern beat Syracuse

Northwestern beat BC

Maryland beat Syracuse.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:48 pm Penn state over Pitt

Hopkins beat Duke

Northwestern beat BC

Maryland beat Syracuse.
Frankly I didn’t even think about the wins over Pitt and Duke. Right you are.
But hop is about even with uva in my view.
Big 10 has NW/MD/MI currently in top 10
Acc has bc, cuse, unc and nd.

It’s a rock fight this year
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:52 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:48 pm Penn state over Pitt

Hopkins beat Duke

Northwestern beat BC

Maryland beat Syracuse.
Frankly I didn’t even think about the wins over Pitt and Duke. Right you are.
But hop is about even with uva in my view.
Big 10 has NW/MD/MI currently in top 10
Acc has bc, cuse, unc and nd.

It’s a rock fight this year

I think Syracuse will win the acc. I think Treanor is the best coach in the league now and getting better. UMDs offense is in the beginning stages of being great. If Megan Ball and highly overrated goalie Sterling can pull it together they are a serious title contender. Notre Dame goalie is fantastic
INlaxstar

Post by INlaxstar »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:49 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 pm Lindenwood is a wagon!! they may run the table..
Lmao. Nah. Colorado beating them. 15-1 😁
I don't agree with that... Colorado beat Louisville by 1 on a goal scored w/ 90 seconds left and the CU defense gave up 15 to them.

Lindenwood beat Louisville by three, never trailed in the game and only allowed 9 goals. Not sure how that equates to 15-1 Colorado win.
NutmegCrunch

Post by NutmegCrunch »

Thank sweet baby Jesus, Army finally has a win. They were making me nervous with the back-and-forth with Hofstra until they ran away with it in the 3rd quarter.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

INlaxstar wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:20 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:49 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 pm Lindenwood is a wagon!! they may run the table..
Lmao. Nah. Colorado beating them. 15-1 😁
I don't agree with that... Colorado beat Louisville by 1 on a goal scored w/ 90 seconds left and the CU defense gave up 15 to them.

Lindenwood beat Louisville by three, never trailed in the game and only allowed 9 goals. Not sure how that equates to 15-1 Colorado win.
Not 15-1 win. 15 wins 1 Loss. Dude said Lindenwood is winning out.
spidey44

Sunday Lines

Post by spidey44 »

I've got to stop going with (or in many cases against) my heart and use my head more when making these lines lol.

Some commentary on my lines from yesterday:

ND @ UNC: UNC -3.5 - Ok, I think I'm finally buying into both ND being better than I expected, and UNC just not having enough horses with the injuries
Colorado @ Michigan: Big Blue - 2.5 - Got the right side of the line, just thought the Buffs would keep it closer. Good bounce back game for UM after the ASU scare
Duke @ Cuse: Orange -9.5 - I didn't see the game, but saw Cuse up by at least 9 at points. Guessing they took their foot off the gas a bit.
Penn State @ Loyola: Hounds -6.5 - Honestly surprised State kept it this close
UVA @ Clemson: Tigers -3.5 - Feel like this game was a statement game for the Tigers. And that statement ended up being "we're really good at beating up on crappy teams." The Tigers are not yet into that top ACC Tier. They've got a get right game where I'm sure they'll smack Mercer around, before UNC does the same to them.
Terps @ Denver: Pios -1.5 - Playing into last year's Denver and Terp teams picking this one. Good win for the Terps.
*Adding*
Richmond @ Navy: Mids -4.5 - Midshipmen have impressed me this year. Not sure they can beat the Hounds, but definitely #2 in the Patriot.

And on to Today's lines that I know none of you have been patiently waiting for!

VT @ BC: Wouldn't want to be a Hokie today as the Eagles look to make up for the tough loss to the Cats. BC -10.5
Oregon @ Rutgers: The Ducks with their best start ever(?) at 4-0 come to town for a big test/top 25 opponent, but Rutgers will prove too much for them. Scarlet Knights -4.5
Florida @ ASU: ASU out to prove the Michigan performance wasn't a fluke, but come up short. Gators with the road win. Gators -3.5
USC @ Hopkins: This might be the game of the day. Both teams looking to show they belong in the top 20. USC traveling east will be a detriment, and the Jays hold on for a win. Hopkins -1.5
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:17 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:04 pm It looks like no chemistry issues for UNC, but when you cut mostly every game and feed. You’re used to it, but when ND shut down that, we struggled and couldn’t rlly find our usual footing. The defense looked amazing, and we could’ve done better without fouling and causing 8 meters.

We could’ve been top 3 without injuries, Humphrey’s talent is so good and had looked amazing. Walker-Welch is an amazing defender and White is an amazing attacker. Harden and Student both make amazing contributions too.

I think next year we are top 2. We might lose 6 graduates, and alittle more from the seniors who won’t return. But, if you think of the offensive talent we could be really good. If Wurzburger returns and Casey could return with her redshirt year and covid year, we have two amazing veterans. Walker Welch returns to the defense, Forest could be going for her first full season. Godine and White leading that junior class, while Humphrey, Ann Leonard, Ingrilli and O’Connor are back. We also have the top two recruits with Corkins and Ozburn, also Levy and Calabria. You have a strong offense with depth, but defense is where they struggle next season. But I think we can start to improve our players, Nelson will be a different GK and could get half playing time with Nicolas. I think next year will be when you should watch us more.
She’s already a senior? Amazing. The most hyped recruit ever kind of disappeared.
I feel bad for the kid. She did not create the hype for herself. All she did was put up big numbers in HS. Blame the lacrosse media for how they portrayed her. Maybe you just don’t like her or UNC, but she has had a very good career:

Some of her stats from UNC
Career Assists: 4th (94 assists)
Career Points: 13th (201 points)
Single Season Assists: 6th (42 assists, 2022)
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Sammy White's not starting for NU today.

Is she suited up?
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Brownlax wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:07 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:17 pm

I feel bad for the kid. She did not create the hype for herself. All she did was put up big numbers in HS. Blame the lacrosse media for how they portrayed her. Maybe you just don’t like her or UNC, but she has had a very good career:

Some of her stats from UNC
Career Assists: 4th (94 assists)
Career Points: 13th (201 points)
Single Season Assists: 6th (42 assists, 2022)
Agree. Only Taylor Cummings and Megan Whittle are number 1s to have number 1 careers. Current terp #1 Edmonson has the potential to be great. Wurtzberger is a little short and slow to match the hype but has done her best.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Good game USC @ JHU. 11 - 9 Hopkins starting the 4th

free stream https://www.centennialconference.tv/hop ... /?B=936427
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

ultravisitor wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:14 pm Sammy White's not starting for NU today.

Is she suited up?
probably getting the day off. NU has a running clock in the 2nd Q ;)
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

ultravisitor wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:14 pm Sammy White's not starting for NU today.

Is she suited up?
Sammy White spotted with a walking boot.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Coach Black and Marquette lose a head scratcher to Niagara today. At one point they were down by at least 7, but lost by 2 with a final of 19-17.

What is going on in Milwaukee? They’ve lost all the mojo they had last season.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

25-3 so far. Poor Central Michigan.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Sunday Lines

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:59 am I've got to stop going with (or in many cases against) my heart and use my head more when making these lines lol.

Some commentary on my lines from yesterday:

ND @ UNC: UNC -3.5 - Ok, I think I'm finally buying into both ND being better than I expected, and UNC just not having enough horses with the injuries
Colorado @ Michigan: Big Blue - 2.5 - Got the right side of the line, just thought the Buffs would keep it closer. Good bounce back game for UM after the ASU scare
Duke @ Cuse: Orange -9.5 - I didn't see the game, but saw Cuse up by at least 9 at points. Guessing they took their foot off the gas a bit.
Penn State @ Loyola: Hounds -6.5 - Honestly surprised State kept it this close
UVA @ Clemson: Tigers -3.5 - Feel like this game was a statement game for the Tigers. And that statement ended up being "we're really good at beating up on crappy teams." The Tigers are not yet into that top ACC Tier. They've got a get right game where I'm sure they'll smack Mercer around, before UNC does the same to them.
Terps @ Denver: Pios -1.5 - Playing into last year's Denver and Terp teams picking this one. Good win for the Terps.
*Adding*
Richmond @ Navy: Mids -4.5 - Midshipmen have impressed me this year. Not sure they can beat the Hounds, but definitely #2 in the Patriot.

And on to Today's lines that I know none of you have been patiently waiting for!

VT @ BC: Wouldn't want to be a Hokie today as the Eagles look to make up for the tough loss to the Cats. BC -10.5
Oregon @ Rutgers: The Ducks with their best start ever(?) at 4-0 come to town for a big test/top 25 opponent, but Rutgers will prove too much for them. Scarlet Knights -4.5
Florida @ ASU: ASU out to prove the Michigan performance wasn't a fluke, but come up short. Gators with the road win. Gators -3.5
USC @ Hopkins: This might be the game of the day. Both teams looking to show they belong in the top 20. USC traveling east will be a detriment, and the Jays hold on for a win. Hopkins -1.5
This is good stuff. Very interesting analysis. The lines just make it more compelling.

UVA @ Clemson: Tigers -3.5 - Feel like this game was a statement game for the Tigers. And that statement ended up being "we're really good at beating up on crappy teams."

lol, Great line. Getting to really enjoy reading what you put out. You add a little humor and sarcasm into the mix which is a bonus. Don't sell yourself short, spidey ol' bean. This is better reading than anything the two mainstream lacrosse publications put out.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Thanks ONW! I"m trying to make it somewhat humorous yet somewhat informed. I'm new-ish here and definitely not as knowledgeable as some folks around these parts, but I think I have some decent insight as to what's going on. Also don't take myself too seriously and have thick skin ;). Glad you enjoy it and I'll continue putting in my thoughts for the bigger games of the week.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

MolonLaxe wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:26 pm Coach Black and Marquette lose a head scratcher to Niagara today. At one point they were down by at least 7, but lost by 2 with a final of 19-17.

What is going on in Milwaukee? They’ve lost all the mojo they had last season.
They actually have 3 really good offensive players. Birely could probably go to a top 10 team and make an impact as a senior transfer.

Their defense is comically bad. Lost the GB battle today 27-14. And a 36% save percentage on the year isnt going to get it done. Probably finish 4th in Big East this year.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”