Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LandM

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by LandM »

Me thinks I have not touched the stuff in 38 years - although my doctors say I can have it and should use it, better then the pills :D

Me also thinks that some of you take too much of the blue pill.........

Let it go - there is an election - look at the scoreboard......change it
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:58 am It is early in Colorado........but I think I have seen Diss, Brooklyn, CU88, and Mr. Murph's heads fly by. Could be a fun day here.

On a serious note, to ggait, how many federal prosecutors are there?

So far you got two old men verse a corrupt businessman......are we not better then this?
Apparently not, look at our 2016 choices.

Of course, that's not really fair, as 2008 gave us a choice between a war hero maverick conservative and an aspirational first President of color, relative newcomer. First rate choices, country chose the young guy critical of the Iraq war, but moderate in tone. But the real difference was the economic crash blamed on the GOP administration of 8 years. Time for a change.

2012 gave us a choice between an incumbent first such President of color following the successful averting of economic collapse and an actual successful businessman and governor who tacked too hard to the right in order to satisfy the hardening right GOP. Incumbent won. Pretty darn good choices, though.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:11 am Me thinks I have not touched the stuff in 38 years - although my doctors say I can have it and should use it, better then the pills :D

Indeed, that's important.
Time for a change.
Get rid of the most corrupt administration in our lifetimes.

Try for better.

As a Republican, at this point I'm rooting for a landslide loss for Trump and Trumpism.
As it looks like there's very near zero chance of an impeachment supported by enough key GOP Senators, the only way to save liberal democracy from authoritarianism will be at the ballot box in 2020. In the meantime, the 2018 ballot box restored constitutional, Congressional oversight. Exercise it.

But short of a landslide, there's a very real risk that the Trumpist hard right will not accept the results and there will be widespread violence. And such may well further breakdown norms, potentially leading to an authoritarian left.

Short of actual violence, I'm concerned that GOP will continue to shrink into an angry hard right, permanently lose the next generation, and fail to provide a reasonable counterbalance to the left.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:24 am
LandM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:11 am Me thinks I have not touched the stuff in 38 years - although my doctors say I can have it and should use it, better then the pills :D

Time for a change.

Try for better.

As a Republican, at this point I'm rooting for a landslide loss for Trump and Trumpism.
As it looks like there's very near zero chance of an impeachment supported by enough key GOP Senators, the only way to save liberal democracy from authoritarianism will be at the ballot box in 2020. In the meantime, the 2018 ballot box restored constitutional, Congressional oversight. Exercise it.

But short of a landslide, there's a very real risk that the Trumpist hard right will not accept the results and there will be widespread violence. And such may well further breakdown norms, potentially leading to an authoritarian left.

Short of actual violence, I'm concerned that GOP will continue to shrink into an angry hard right, permanently lose the next generation, and fail to provide a reasonable counterbalance to the left.
Oh for Gods sake.

The democrats and you never trumpers are the ones who have failed to accept the election of 2016. Still haranguing two years later about some fictitious Russian conspiracy and anything else that will remove Trump from office.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

6ftstick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 am

Time for a change.

Try for better.

Oh for Gods sake.

The democrats and you never trumpers are the ones who have failed to accept the election of 2016. Still haranguing two years later about some fictitious Russian conspiracy and anything else that will remove Trump from office.

So as a republican you'd prefer Joe Biden. Bernie Sanders. Kamala Harris. Infanticide. Anti Semiticism Higher taxes and a stalled economy. Got ya!
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

At some point we seem to leave the realm of "low-information voter" and venture into CrazyTown.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Time for a change.

Try for better.

Oh for Gods sake.

Ohh, I accept it, that was never in question for me.

Interesting how you Trumpists make such assumptions about all those who think Trump is a vile, dishonest, racist, corrupt human being, a stain on America, and an authoritarian threat to the liberal democracy our founders brilliantly established and so many fought and died for over many years.

Yeah, we don't like him.
Want to see him removed from office as soon as practical under our Constitution.
Yup.

We're also horrified that the Russians put their fingers on the scale in his favor, and that he denied that reality, denied contacts and relationships, all of which has been proven true. We're also horrified that he acts like such a toady with Vlad. It's way beyond weird.

Nothing 'fictitious' about any of that.
Provable 'criminal conspiracy'? Nope, apparently not.
Obstruction? You're darn tootin.

But you Trumpists appear to be in lock-step, so eager to say heil Trump, so pleased to see someone who disrespects the rule of law and the institutions of government all in the name of power.

With the death of McCain and the departure of the handful of GOP Senators willing to speak out against Trump's worst actions and statements, and the fear of the Trump hard right base in any primary, it sure looks like the Senate will not convict, no matter the evidence of crime. So, 2020 here we come.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:46 am

Time for a change.

Try for better.

Oh for Gods sake.

Interesting how you Trumpists make such assumptions about all those who think Trump is a vile, dishonest, racist, corrupt human being, a stain on America, and an authoritarian threat to the liberal democracy our founders brilliantly established and so many fought and died for over many years.

Yeah, we don't like him.
Want to see him removed from office as soon as practical under our Constitution.
Yup.

We're also horrified that the Russians put their fingers on the scale in his favor, and that he denied that reality, denied contacts and relationships, all of which has been proven true. We're also horrified that he acts like such a toady with Vlad. It's way beyond weird.

But you Trumpists appear to be in lock-step, so eager to say heil Trump, so pleased to see someone who disrespects the rule of law and the institutions of government all in the name of power.

With the death of McCain and the departure of the handful of GOP Senators willing to speak out against Trump's worst actions and statements, and the fear of the Trump hard right base in any primary, it sure looks like the Senate will not convict, no matter the evidence of crime. So, 2020 here we come.
The russians put their finger on the scale for Hillary.

She bought the info in the Dossier from the Russians.

And since then it was people like you that have done their work for them. Divided and inflamed the country far more than any election tampering,
LandM

Post by LandM »

Following the yellow mans rules of not pasting into responses to save on space.
To Mr. Diss,
The low information and deplorable - a few who are my friends and have money and resources, they voted for the guy because they as many of you stated, pinched their noses. I was the coward who did not pinch :D ;

As to your commentary - Huffington Post, some guy who has a blog that 27,000 people read, and other acclaimed news sources you cite, you might want to get into a car, drive 100 miles outside of a major city and check the landscape. I live supposedly on the 2nd richest lake in the country - there are still Trump flags flying but it only has 25,000 residents.

So for the non voter, low information voter, get in a car and smell the roses because if attitudes do not change......you have another long 4 years of whining :D

Finally, I am not trolling you, just making an objective observation - now as CU88 says, I will get back to my cannabis for one more week :D
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Enjoy the cannabis.

The election was won/lost because black participation declined over the Pbama election. Because Bernie, who by the way, had russian support then and does now, and another candidate's voters siphoned off enough support to change the election result in a number of key states. Then there is the active voter suppression and outside interference. The landscape may not change in Triump land but it wont matter really other than to plumb the depths of what is acceptable, What has to change if the equation on the other side.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

No problemO LM, got my Big Boy pants on today.

I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that all those that voted for Don the Con got snookered...by his con job. Sure, all politicians are con men to some degree, but Don wasn't a politician, remember? HRC had a whole lot of downsides to be sure, and if you could get into your Hot Tub Time Machine and go look at old LP posts, you will see numerous posts from yours truly about how i was very concerned about her candidacy, mainly because of the virulent Clinton Derangement Syndrome which had been (and still is) rampant in the country for years and years. My opinion is that she was not the best choice, but she IS among a class of public servants that do not hate the federal government, believe there is a roll for regulation and responsible government with an eye towards "The Village" that it takes, and last but not least, she would certainly have populated the government and the Courts with MUCH preferable folks that have a clue about government and diplomacy and propriety and "governance~aforethought" (yeah, just coined that).

Without having done a survey of your posts, can you say that you are satisfied that things are going according to plan with respect to how the GOP and conservatism is evolving before our eyes today? Do you support the kind of Unity Executive actions we are witnessing?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

RICK GATES’ STATUS REPORT SUGGESTS TRUMP WILL BE A FOCUS OF ROGER STONE’S TRIAL

"...the government’s ability to tie the President directly to this part of the operation will make it harder (though nothing is beyond Trump) to pardon Stone before the trial, even while it will provide incentive to Trump to do so. Trump’s centrality in all this may be one reason William Barr is so aggressively protecting the Stone related disclosures, including with his refusals to share unredacted copies of the report with Congress: because Trump’s documented role in encouraging Stone’s efforts is far stronger than it is in any of the other potential incidences of election tampering.

Finally, all this may change the calculus if and when Julian Assange gets extradited to the US. Trump was asked about — but refused to answer — whether he considered a pardon for Assange.

Trump’s lies to Mueller are perhaps best documented as they pertain to WikiLeaks. Using Gates as a witness at Stone’s trial will make the trial an exhibition of the President’s lies as much as those of his rat-forker.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:46 am

Time for a change.

Try for better.

Oh for Gods sake.

Yeah, we don't like him.
Yup.

The russians put their finger on the scale for Hillary.

She bought the info in the Dossier from the Russians.

And since then it was people like you that have done their work for them. Divided and inflamed the country far more than any election tampering,
Classic; informed by Fox and Trump’s Twitter feed, you reject the findings of all of Trump’s own appointees in the IC, as well as the Mueller Report.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

IN A SHODDY ATTEMPT TO INFLATE THE SINGLE SERVER FALLACY, ROGER STONE SUGGESTS COMMUNICATING WITH GUCCIFER 2.0 WOULD BE CRIMINAL

The Stone Trial will be quite the spectacle...coming to a TweetStorm near you this fall :lol:

CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:51 am The plot thickens. Is turnabout fair play?

~ Mueller report proves that it's time to investigate the investigators

~ Marco Rubio calls on Barr to investigate John Kerry

~ Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful.

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.

His inquiry is the third known investigation focused on the opening of an F.B.I. counterintelligence investigation during the 2016 presidential campaign into possible ties between Russia’s election interference and Trump associates.

The department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, is separately examining investigators’ use of wiretap applications and informants and whether any political bias against Mr. Trump influenced investigative decisions. And John W. Huber, the United States attorney in Utah, has been reviewing aspects of the Russia investigation. His findings have not been announced.
This is political "fair play", yes?

I want to hear a prediction from you, 6ftstick, Old Salt, and the other r’s here, on this now, if you dare.

Will this investigation produce a report and it be fully shared with the public?

Will Congress have a chance to question the investigators and "suspects"?

How many laws will have been broken and how many of the subject criminals have a trial and go to jail?

Will o d stand by its findings?

How soon until faux news starts to spin that this is a joke and it has been subverted by the Deep State in the Swamp?

What is the jail time you predict for Hillary Rodham-Clinton, President Obama, Comey, Biden, Mueller, and the 17 Angry Democrats?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
LandM

Post by LandM »

To Diss and O'Canada,

1. Voter suppression - nope - love to hear the argument on that though;
2. What have Democrats or Republicans done to really earn the black vote? Ever been to a bar where you are the only white person in it? Suggest you try - it is a great time - love the chittalns (spelling) - btw I do it every month when I am in town;
3. Review my posts - I care about this country - ALL of my relatives (except my son) have served this country going back to the Revolutionary War;
4. I vote for who or what I think matters to this country, not myself.

I shared this story on the former LP site - sorry for the re-read:
My former Wall Street attorney (we are still very close friends)...her husband a retired prof at Columbia. Their son gets married in Napa - been there a few times before - they rented a winery. My wife and I felt small as we were not Harvard, Yale, Princeton or Ivy graduates. The final night, we sat at a table, I do not drink wine, Jim Beam and Coors light somehow made it to my table. These uber smart people keep speaking of what was at the time going on in Afghanistan and how there needed to be a committee on top of another committee to come up with the right answer. One of the uber smart people looks at me and asks my opinion. I feel a way strong pinch on my right foot, serious pain. I look at my wife and she is shaking her head - so I say, need to find these bad guys jobs, if they are working and being productive they will be fine. The uber smart person says, what if there are no jobs - now the pain is excruciating, sip of water, you need to create an economy so that toting is not a viable option. Next uber person says why not wait for the committee and their positions and see what the "smart" people think - I chugged the beer, the Beam and the water, no pain as my wife is standing and said, "well if it was up to me, I would rack four F-16's and turn the country into a parking lot." I have never spoken to anyone at that wedding since and I did apologize to my friends and they have graciously forgiven me. Hopefully you all smart people get the moral of the story.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Don’t piss off the wife?
:) ;)
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue May 14, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 pm To Diss and O'Canada,

1. Voter suppression - nope - love to hear the argument on that though;
2. What have Democrats or Republicans done to really earn the black vote? Ever been to a bar where you are the only white person in it? Suggest you try - it is a great time - love the chittalns (spelling) - btw I do it every month when I am in town;
3. Review my posts - I care about this country - ALL of my relatives (except my son) have served this country going back to the Revolutionary War;
4. I vote for who or what I think matters to this country, not myself.

I shared this story on the former LP site - sorry for the re-read:
My former Wall Street attorney (we are still very close friends)...her husband a retired prof at Columbia. Their son gets married in Napa - been there a few times before - they rented a winery. My wife and I felt small as we were not Harvard, Yale, Princeton or Ivy graduates. The final night, we sat at a table, I do not drink wine, Jim Beam and Coors light somehow made it to my table. These uber smart people keep speaking of what was at the time going on in Afghanistan and how there needed to be a committee on top of another committee to come up with the right answer. One of the uber smart people looks at me and asks my opinion. I feel a way strong pinch on my right foot, serious pain. I look at my wife and she is shaking her head - so I say, need to find these bad guys jobs, if they are working and being productive they will be fine. The uber smart person says, what if there are no jobs - now the pain is excruciating, sip of water, you need to create an economy so that toting is not a viable option. Next uber person says why not wait for the committee and their positions and see what the "smart" people think - I chugged the beer, the Beam and the water, no pain as my wife is standing and said, "well if it was up to me, I would rack four F-16's and turn the country into a parking lot." I have never spoken to anyone at that wedding since and I did apologize to my friends and they have graciously forgiven me. Hopefully you all smart people get the moral of the story.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

Never, ever tick off the wife, I call her my partner/boss. I have served a few times in the penalty box, which is great as it is my man cave......not a great warm place :D but lots of warming materials 8-) I have yet to figure out what male gene zombies me back to what she wants - so no, never, ever :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:35 am At some point we seem to leave the realm of "low-information voter" and venture into CrazyTown.

Way back in the summer of 2016, we discussed on LP the psychology of those who are attracted to the 'strong leader' authoritarian.

There had been some very interesting research done on the high overlap between those who are attracted to more top down, hierarchical structures and to charismatic 'strong' leaders...with the Trump supporters during the GOP primaries. Very high correlation between those personality types and the Trump core, opposite for those GOP primary voters opposed to him. It explains a lot about the appeal he had for a big part of the evangelical base, easily moved by the charismatic style.

What I think was not understood at the time was that there was a substantial # of Dem as well as usual non-voters, who would also be attracted to the Trump 'strong man' message...and would show up.

Trump seems to have intuitively understood the appeal. He's always been about flash over substance, gilt over quality. Hyperbole has been his go to marketing tool.

He also seemed to understand the power of fear, fear of the Other, fear of the future.

Ugly stuff, but it does explain why, society to society, there are a significant % of people who prefer the 'strong man' and, thus, are willing to subordinate all else to fealty to Der Leader.

Return to “POLITICS”