Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Essexfenwick

Re: Games Today

Post by Essexfenwick »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:26 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:24 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:58 am ND @ UNC - I think Notre Dame wins this narrowly. After the letdown with Syracuse, ND makes UNC pay. No skin in this game.

Colorado @ Michigan -- have yet to see either team play. Ann Arbor by one? Like 9-8?

Duke @ Syracuse -- I wish I could "expect a running clock," but I think Syracuse lets them hang around for a while. Still, Syracuse 19, Duke 11.

Penn State @ Loyola - Hounds by five or so.

UVA @ Clemson - UVA by two, say 14-12. But I can absolutely see Clemson, the host, winning this.

Maryland @ Denver - Agree: not a must win in the traditional sense of salvaging something. But really important game, at mile-high Barton. Denver 8, Maryland 7.
My Picks

UNC by 3... The funeral here was premature
Michigan by 4 ... I think the close game against ASU is a positive not a negative
Loyola by running clock... Lion fans are lying if they think the coach will be there next year
UVA by 1... really a coin flip. Picking UVA because they have a better goalie
Terps by 2 .. At some point Denver has to be able to score. I'd put the over/under for this game around 14
Defensive showdown at UNC/ND game so far. Some poor shots and a few turnovers keeping score low 1-0 end of first quarter
ND has like 14 shots. Off target. UNC is very slow all over the field.
RollTheCrease

Post by RollTheCrease »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:45 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:24 am I think the close game against ASU is a positive not a negative
Agreed! So glad someone else sees it this way. They clamped down and made the plays (draw controls, ground balls, converting on free position [can I get a witness, DMac?] and scoring goals) in crunch time when they needed to. I'm baffled as to why this come-from-behind, gut-it-out road win was considered by some as evidence of Michigan's lack rather than their mettle. Sometimes, a grind-it-out win is needed. Kudos to any team that is able to do that. A win's a win in my book--however ugly it might look on the stat page.
I see it this way as well. I’m thinking it was a case of Michigan looking past ASU on the road and ASU punching above their weight. I think Michigan will learn from the experience and not take teams they should easily beat for granted moving forward.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

I blame Jenny Levy for ruining transition & rides and will take joy in anything that involves her team losing. Also the flop by #27 in the midfield called a green on #44? I thought Levy HATED flops? National Champion in Whining.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Announcers don’t seem to know the new rule which, OK, I didn’t know until a week ago, that the reason UNC held the ball at the end of the half was because they are man up and will get the ball at the beginning of the second half. The more I see of this rule, the less I like it.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:02 pm Announcers don’t seem to know the new rule which, OK, I didn’t know until a week ago, that the reason UNC held the ball at the end of the half was because they are man up and will get the ball at the beginning of the second half. The more I see of this rule, the less I like it.
I would rather take the shot. And see TO, so wasted opportunity UNC
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

njbill wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:02 pm Announcers don’t seem to know the new rule which, OK, I didn’t know until a week ago, that the reason UNC held the ball at the end of the half was because they are man up and will get the ball at the beginning of the second half. The more I see of this rule, the less I like it.
+1
njbill

Post by njbill »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:12 pm
I would rather take the shot. And see TO, so wasted opportunity UNC
I guess the other side of it is you have all of halftime to design a super duper good play to score at the beginning of the third-quarter. But as you say, then they turn the ball over. This just is not a very good UNC team.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Just had one of the rarely seen dangerous propelling calls when the ball didn’t hit a player. It was a good call, however, as the ball went right past the defender’s head.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Virginia giving it to Clemson in the first few. Could be interesting.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Penn State game kinda close considering the draws are 17-4 in favor of the Loyola.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

UNC did not look good at the offense side but their defense was amazing. Besides the free position goals, UNC really stopped Notre Dame from scoring loads like they usually do. We just needed the offense to click.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Loyola has scored 8 goals on the same delayed cut. Wish I can go down there and tell Missy and Brady “Hey, you may want to start guarding Boyle on that cut.”
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:35 pm UNC did not look good at the offense side but their defense was amazing. Besides the free position goals, UNC really stopped Notre Dame from scoring loads like they usually do. We just needed the offense to click.
UNC got outshot 34-17 and also had 18 turnovers.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Brownlax wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:38 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:35 pm UNC did not look good at the offense side but their defense was amazing. Besides the free position goals, UNC really stopped Notre Dame from scoring loads like they usually do. We just needed the offense to click.
Carolina is slooooooooow all over the field
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Wasn’t able to see the game but 18 TO’s.. that is uuuuuuuuugly
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Unusual to see UNC deploy a FG
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:06 pm
I feel like I said this last year about UNC no senior leadership to step up, to be the girl to put the team on her back, no one to preach composure and wait for the better shot. Not sure if its too many "me" players or chemistry issues . Also wondering how much McCool and Cordingley are doing on a coaching front. :?
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

So did other teams figure out the Denver defense before this season started?
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:28 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:06 pm
I feel like I said this last year about UNC no senior leadership to step up, to be the girl to put the team on her back, no one to preach composure and wait for the better shot. Not sure if its too many "me" players or chemistry issues . Also wondering how much McCool and Cordingley are doing on a coaching front. :?
UNC is an average college program now. Magic just isn’t there, and if they can’t do it with this group, who can they do it with. On the flip side, ND a looks good.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

ultravisitor wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:31 pm So did other teams figure out the Denver defense before this season started?
Definitely lacking the magic they had last season. Could be leadership on the field and a missing glue girl.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”