Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Games Today

Post by DMac »

BC's lucky to have not lost by 6 or 7. Northwestern 1 of 5 on FPSs.
Three missed opportunities by players who are usually money too.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

DMac wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:03 am BC's lucky to have not lost by 6 or 7. Northwestern 1 of 5 on FPSs.
True. But then again BC should’ve had about five more goals in the 2nd and that’s conservative.
njbill

Post by njbill »

DMac wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:03 am BC's lucky to have not lost by 6 or 7. Northwestern 1 of 5 on FPSs.
I suspect it was because the NU players were wearing shorts not skirts. :P
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:58 am ND @ UNC - I think Notre Dame wins this narrowly. After the letdown with Syracuse, ND makes UNC pay. No skin in this game.

Colorado @ Michigan -- have yet to see either team play. Ann Arbor by one? Like 9-8?

Duke @ Syracuse -- I wish I could "expect a running clock," but I think Syracuse lets them hang around for a while. Still, Syracuse 19, Duke 11.

Penn State @ Loyola - Hounds by five or so.

UVA @ Clemson - UVA by two, say 14-12. But I can absolutely see Clemson, the host, winning this.

Maryland @ Denver - Agree: not a must win in the traditional sense of salvaging something. But really important game, at mile-high Barton. Denver 8, Maryland 7.
My Picks

UNC by 3... The funeral here was premature
Michigan by 4 ... I think the close game against ASU is a positive not a negative
Loyola by running clock... Lion fans are lying if they think the coach will be there next year
UVA by 1... really a coin flip. Picking UVA because they have a better goalie
Terps by 2 .. At some point Denver has to be able to score. I'd put the over/under for this game around 14
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

laxguy516 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:47 am BC did not execute offensively against the zone D. Were they not prepared or not talented enough to do so? The answer to that lies ahead, but they clearly need to be able to attack a zone much better than that if they want to be playing memorial day weekend.
ND showed a really good game plan against the NW zone. Need to initiate with penetration from X or GLE and look to skip pass. Which is why it boggles me that they didn't let Smith create more.

If they play again, I wouldn't be surprised if LoPinto sits and they replace her with a better passer.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:58 am ND @ UNC - I think Notre Dame wins this narrowly. After the letdown with Syracuse, ND makes UNC pay. No skin in this game.

Colorado @ Michigan -- have yet to see either team play. Ann Arbor by one? Like 9-8?

Duke @ Syracuse -- I wish I could "expect a running clock," but I think Syracuse lets them hang around for a while. Still, Syracuse 19, Duke 11.

UVA @ Clemson - UVA by two, say 14-12. But I can absolutely see Clemson, the host, winning this.

Maryland @ Denver - Agree: not a must win in the traditional sense of salvaging something. But really important game, at mile-high Barton. Denver 8, Maryland 7.
If ND had a better goalie maybe they win but —->. UNC by 4
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

ND by 2- the dodgers they have can take advantage of UNC and their defense

Michigan wins 9-5, tighten up the defense

Cuse by 10+, this would be the upset of the year if duke pulled it out.

Loyola by 8, PSU has goalie issues

UVA over Clemson. Not sure if Clemson is healthy enough to win this game, give me UVA by 5

Maryland beats Denver by 2.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Yep. I wish the goalie was the only issue. 😬
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

flushlax77 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:51 am

UVA over Clemson. Not sure if Clemson is healthy enough to win this game, give me UVA by 5

Who's hurt/not 100%?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:54 am Some good games on the slate this weekend. Currently working on my lines. Top games tomorrow:

ND @ UNC - Game of the Week. This could go either way
Sneaky good game could be Colorado @ Michigan
Looks good to the uninitiated Duke @ Cuse (expect a running clock)
Penn State @ Loyola - Get right game for State, but not going to happen
UVA @ Clemson - Not happy about this, but I think this will be a signature win for the Tigers, but I'm pulling for the Hoos
Terps @ Denver - Not a must win, but a BIG game for both squads to prove they are worthy of their preseason billings
Heels Tar
Mechicken
Cuse
Hounds
hoos
Denver
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:14 pm
flushlax77 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:51 am

Who's hurt/not 100%?
Watching the Duke game, the announcers said 2 of their starting attackers and their draw taker were out for awhile. Both attackers were 5th years from what I gathered.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Lindenwood is a wagon!! they may run the table..
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 pm Lindenwood is a wagon!! they may run the table..
Lmao. Nah. Colorado beating them. 15-1 😁
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:24 am I think the close game against ASU is a positive not a negative
Agreed! So glad someone else sees it this way. They clamped down and made the plays (draw controls, ground balls, converting on free position [can I get a witness, DMac?] and scoring goals) in crunch time when they needed to. I'm baffled as to why this come-from-behind, gut-it-out road win was considered by some as evidence of Michigan's lack rather than their mettle. Sometimes, a grind-it-out win is needed. Kudos to any team that is able to do that. A win's a win in my book--however ugly it might look on the stat page.
spidey44

Today's Lines

Post by spidey44 »

Today's Lines for some intriguing games

ND @ UNC: UNC -3.5
Colorado @ Michigan: Big Blue - 2.5
Duke @ Cuse: Orange -9.5
Penn State @ Loyola: Hounds -6.5
UVA @ Clemson: Tigers -3.5
Terps @ Denver: Pios -1.5
*Adding*
Richmond @ Navy: Mids -4.5
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Today's Lines

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

spidey44 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:51 am Today's Lines for some intriguing games

ND @ UNC: UNC -3.5
Colorado @ Michigan: Big Blue - 2.5
Duke @ Cuse: Orange -9.5
Penn State @ Loyola: Hounds -6.5
UVA @ Clemson: Tigers -3.5
Terps @ Denver: Pios -1.5
*Adding*
Richmond @ Navy: Mids -4.5
Nice job on the lines there, spidey ol' bean. Nothing jumps out at me as easy pickings. Maybe I would take Notre Dame +3.5. I think they're going to be highly motivated to justify the hype after losing to Syracuse in their dungeon...sorry, field house. But these are excellent lines.
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

I will take UVA plus the points . UVA is a better team overall , the only advantage for Clemson is being in their new stadium
And being motivated to get a signature top 15 win .
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 pm Lindenwood is a wagon!! they may run the table..
If they do, cue the outrage of not being eligible for the tourney.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:45 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:24 am I think the close game against ASU is a positive not a negative
Agreed! So glad someone else sees it this way. They clamped down and made the plays (draw controls, ground balls, converting on free position [can I get a witness, DMac?] and scoring goals) in crunch time when they needed to. I'm baffled as to why this come-from-behind, gut-it-out road win was considered by some as evidence of Michigan's lack rather than their mettle. Sometimes, a grind-it-out win is needed. Kudos to any team that is able to do that. A win's a win in my book--however ugly it might look on the stat page.
Agreed. I didnt watch it live, but watched parts of the replay. Tons of mental toughness with at least 4 ridiculously bad calls going against them in the 3rd quarter.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:24 am

My Picks

UNC by 3... The funeral here was premature
Michigan by 4 ... I think the close game against ASU is a positive not a negative
Loyola by running clock... Lion fans are lying if they think the coach will be there next year
UVA by 1... really a coin flip. Picking UVA because they have a better goalie
Terps by 2 .. At some point Denver has to be able to score. I'd put the over/under for this game around 14
Defensive showdown at UNC/ND game so far. Some poor shots and a few turnovers keeping score low 1-0 end of first quarter

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”