NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
dirtydannyc

Re: NESCAC

Post by dirtydannyc »

humpdaddy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:49 pm This forum is full of lunatics if we are seriously setting Tufts as a 7.5 pt favorite vs Conn. Below is a realistic game preview from someone who actually understands this conference and has a brain (not bias at all).

Prior to diving in, I think we should acknowledge the obvious fact that Dannolfo was camped out in the bushes of MIT last Sunday to watch the Conn/Amherst scrimmage. A game that Conn reportedly lost 11-1...? In anticipation to this, I can confirm that Nagle chose not to play any of his #1s knowing that sneaky Dannolfo was imbedded in the well-manicured hedges of the MIT campus. Now on to Saturday's preview....

Final from Bello: 14 - 12 Conn (cry). Yes, the mighty ole Jumbos fall in Week 1. Will Rice has a nice game (15 saves, par for the course), but it was the Camel defense that really shined. Jumbo's players were shut down by the Camel's back end, no one could beat big Zach Bucher off the left side and the rangy Henry Cabot was all over the field. While the Jumbos dominated the faceoff X, their run-and-gun style on offense proved to be disadvantage against a discipline Camel defense. Tufts did not choose their shots wisely and this ultimately cost them. On the other end of the field, the Tuft's defense over-extended themselves with bold doubles and the Camels made them pay with sharp passing and selfless playmaking. McAvoy and Atkins (2 goals, 4 assists each) were tremendous distributors which lead to goals from Horkan and Tenzer (3 goals, 1 assist each). Camels also got several goals in transition and junior middie McLaughlin man-handled the middle of the field. Resulting, Dannolfo soils his pants walking off Bello (out of embarrassment) and ruins his new Jordans. The Camels return to New London with a Week 1 W and all is right in this great world.
While this is an outrageously comedic take on the game I do think Tufts squeaks out a win here. I think coach Dannolfo needs to spend more time actually coaching and less time on Twitter. Tufts 15 Camels 14
DanBagsy123

Post by DanBagsy123 »

Power rankings before week 1:

1. Middlebury
2. Amherst
3. Bowdoin
4. Williams
5. Conn
6. Tufts
7. Hamilton
8. Wesleyan
9. Trinity
10. Colby
11. Bates

Huge weekend ahead of us - this will definitely get the forum going and all the jumbo fans crying. Maybe this year is the year dannolfo will move his office away from the visiting team’s showers. Amherst and Middlebury will look to have another strong year, while tufts takes a step back. The cardiac camels don’t lose anyone from last year and will be a strong contender. This might be the most open the NESCAC has been in years… should be fun!
DaFuqDude

Post by DaFuqDude »

time&room wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:44 am Midd -5.5 alt line parlayed with Jamin over 2.5 assists is my play of the week. Think it will be a close game where the Panthers depth and experience allows them to pull away with a big 4th quarter run. Home field advantage also a factor here as this is likely a day trip for the Mammoths. All signs point to a convincing Panthers win on Saturday
Middlebury Alumni in the Forums in between meetings be like...
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-29 173702.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-29 173702.jpg (76.48 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

DanBagsy123 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:18 pm Power rankings before week 1:

1. Middlebury
2. Amherst
3. Bowdoin
4. Williams
5. Conn
6. Tufts
7. Hamilton
8. Wesleyan
9. Trinity
10. Colby
11. Bates

Huge weekend ahead of us - this will definitely get the forum going and all the jumbo fans crying. Maybe this year is the year dannolfo will move his office away from the visiting team’s showers. Amherst and Middlebury will look to have another strong year, while tufts takes a step back. The cardiac camels don’t lose anyone from last year and will be a strong contender. This might be the most open the NESCAC has been in years… should be fun!
Bowdoin Tufts and Trinity to low, Amherst, Williams, Conn and Hamilton to high.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

nehslaxfan wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:07 pm

1. Middlebury
2. Amherst
3. Bowdoin
4. Williams
5. Conn
6. Tufts
7. Hamilton
8. Wesleyan
9. Trinity
10. Colby
11. Bates

He's just a fan of some team other than Wesleyan that hasn't won the Nescac since 2010 with some wishful thinking, probably CC but could be Midd. Tufts may not win Nescac for only the second time in the last 13-14 years, but the Jumbos sure as fkc are not finishing 6.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

Joey Waldbaum running as an offensive middie for Tufts?

I see they got a nice transfer in Ben Clarke. Nobles kid coming home.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

SouthieLax wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:59 pm I see they got a nice transfer in Ben Clarke. Nobles kid coming home.
That's a nice pick up—another pole that can create/push transition opportunities. All-ISL as a senior in high school and an impressive stat line as freshman at Colorado College (3G-4A, 53 GBs, 10 CTs) taking over the starting Lsm spot a few games into the season.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:33 pm
nehslaxfan wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:07 pm

1. Middlebury
2. Amherst
3. Bowdoin
4. Williams
5. Conn
6. Tufts
7. Hamilton
8. Wesleyan
9. Trinity
10. Colby
11. Bates

He's just a fan of some team other than Wesleyan that hasn't won the Nescac since 2010 with some wishful thinking, probably CC but could be Midd. Tufts may not win Nescac for only the second time in the last 13-14 years, but the Jumbos sure as fkc are not finishing 6.
Other than Tufts being too low (no way that you can have them out of the top 3 mix until proven otherwise), but the rest seems relatively reasonable
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

For the very little it’s worth:

1. Midd
2. Tufts
3. Bowdoin
4. Amherst
5. Conn
6. Williams
7. Wes
8. Trinity
9. Hamilton
10. Bates
11. Colby
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

pcowlax wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:23 am For the very little it’s worth:

1. Midd
2. Tufts
3. Bowdoin
4. Amherst
5. Conn
6. Williams
7. Wes
8. Trinity
9. Hamilton
10. Bates
11. Colby
That seems to make more sense for the moment, with 5-9 obviously being the biggest unknowns.
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

Here is my preseason projections, will be interesting to see how things play out.
1 Bowdoin
2 Middlebury
3 Tufts
4 Amherst
5 Williams
6 Trinity
7 Conn
8 Wesleyan
9 Hamilton
10 Colby
11 Bates
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

This looks pretty spot on. Though quite possible that those top 3 all tie with same regular season record of 1 loss in some combo to each other. The season is going to be intense and the tourney up for grabs.
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

2024 Predictions:

1. Midd
2. Bowdoin
3. Tufts
4. Wesleyan
5. Amherst
6. Williams
7..Trinity
8. Hamilton
9.Conn
10.Colby
11.Bates
HereForIt

Post by HereForIt »

My Preseason NESCAC Rankings:

1) Middlebury
2) Bowdoin
3) Tufts

(Top 3 could go any way, super exciting that there is no clear cut #1 at least before games have started)

*Very Small drop off*

4) Amherst
5) Williams

(Could easily see one of these teams beating a top 3 team)

*Small Drop off*

6) Trinity
7) Conn
8) Wesleyan
9) Hamilton

(Of the 6-9, gonna be a battle to see who’s last one out, wouldn’t rule out upset potential action from this group to the 1-5)

*Slightly bigger drop off*

10) Colby

*Drop off*

11) Bates

(Both teams making strides, I could potentially see some upsets happening in the 6-9 group, but not with the top two tiers)

My final comment before games tomorrow is that this will be a very exciting year for the NESCAC as there is no clear preseason #1 as Tufts has been the past few years. 6-9 appear to be extremely interesting as someone in that group is going to be left out of the playoff, and with the bottom of the conference making strides, the conference will be tighter than it has been in recent memory.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

HereForIt wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:33 pm My Preseason NESCAC Rankings:

1) Middlebury
2) Bowdoin
3) Tufts

(Top 3 could go any way, super exciting that there is no clear cut #1 at least before games have started)

*Very Small drop off*

4) Amherst
5) Williams

*Small Drop off*

6) Trinity
7) Conn
8) Wesleyan
9) Hamilton

(Of the 6-9, gonna be a battle to see who’s last one out, wouldn’t rule out upset potential action from this group to the 1-5)

10) Colby

*Drop off*

11) Bates

(Both teams making strides, I could potentially see some upsets happening in the 6-9 group, but not with the top two tiers)

My final comment before games tomorrow is that this will be a very exciting year for the NESCAC as there is no clear preseason #1 as Tufts has been the past few years. 6-9 appear to be extremely interesting as someone in that group is going to be left out of the playoff, and with the bottom of the conference making strides, the conference will be tighter than it has been in recent memory.
I don’t think there is any drop off at all, however slight.
#1 in the NESCAC, a 10 way tie; Tufts, Amherst, Bowdoin, Wesleyan, Williams, Trinity, Colby, Conn, Hamilton, Bates

#1 in the NCAAs, a 10 way tie; Tufts, Amherst, Bowdoin, Wesleyan, Williams, Trinity, Colby, Conn, Hamilton, Bates
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

choochooCharlie wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:15 am

1) Middlebury
2) Bowdoin
3) Tufts

*Very Small drop off*

4) Amherst
5) Williams

*Small Drop off*

6) Trinity
7) Conn
8) Wesleyan
9) Hamilton

10) Colby

*Drop off*

11) Bates

I don’t think there is any drop off at all, however slight.
#1 in the NESCAC, a 10 way tie; Tufts, Amherst, Bowdoin, Wesleyan, Williams, Trinity, Colby, Conn, Hamilton, Bates

#1 in the NCAAs, a 10 way tie; Tufts, Amherst, Bowdoin, Wesleyan, Williams, Trinity, Colby, Conn, Hamilton, Bates
Do you have anything real to offer?
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Chipzhoo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:21 am Do you have anything real to offer?
Does anyone here?
1)
2)
3)
*Very Small drop off*
4)
5)
*Small Drop off*
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
*Drop off*
11)
Joke fanboy thread.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

humpdaddy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:49 pm This forum is full of lunatics if we are seriously setting Tufts as a 7.5 pt favorite vs Conn. Below is a realistic game preview from someone who actually understands this conference and has a brain (not bias at all).

Prior to diving in, I think we should acknowledge the obvious fact that Dannolfo was camped out in the bushes of MIT last Sunday to watch the Conn/Amherst scrimmage. A game that Conn reportedly lost 11-1...? In anticipation to this, I can confirm that Nagle chose not to play any of his #1s knowing that sneaky Dannolfo was imbedded in the well-manicured hedges of the MIT campus. Now on to Saturday's preview....

Final from Bello: 14 - 12 Conn (cry). Yes, the mighty ole Jumbos fall in Week 1. Will Rice has a nice game (15 saves, par for the course), but it was the Camel defense that really shined. Jumbo's players were shut down by the Camel's back end, no one could beat big Zach Bucher off the left side and the rangy Henry Cabot was all over the field. While the Jumbos dominated the faceoff X, their run-and-gun style on offense proved to be disadvantage against a discipline Camel defense. Tufts did not choose their shots wisely and this ultimately cost them. On the other end of the field, the Tuft's defense over-extended themselves with bold doubles and the Camels made them pay with sharp passing and selfless playmaking. McAvoy and Atkins (2 goals, 4 assists each) were tremendous distributors which lead to goals from Horkan and Tenzer (3 goals, 1 assist each). Camels also got several goals in transition and junior middie McLaughlin man-handled the middle of the field. Resulting, Dannolfo soils his pants walking off Bello (out of embarrassment) and ruins his new Jordans. The Camels return to New London with a Week 1 W and all is right in this great world.
Thats pretty funny!!
Mickey Mantle

Post by Mickey Mantle »

All kidding aside, the season is finally here. Good luck to all the teams and coaches, and let’s bring the natty back to the ‘CAC once again!
Irishdad1968

Post by Irishdad1968 »

Games are here so here are my predictions

Bowdoin beats Trinity 16-10. Don’t think this game is close the whole way. The top 2 for Bowdoin won’t be able to be contained all game. Also interested to see how Bowdoin’s defense looks against this dangerous at times Trinity offense.

Wesleyan beats Colby 16-3. Wesleyans defense will smother Colby and will run up the score. Wesleyan destroys this lower tier nescacs early in the season and I don’t expect anything different this year. Raba will be leading the offense with probably 6 assists

Hamilton beats Bates 11-5. Even though Hamilton graduated some key guys, the talent isn’t there yet for the Bobcats. The attack for Hamilton I think will beat their guys all game. I’m excited to watch Hamilton’s goalie with a full year of experience under his belt

Tufts beats Conn 22-11. This will be nothing like their first matchup last year. Wire to wire wine and Tufts of course will run up the score when it’s not close. Conn just doesn’t have the guys anymore to run with Tufts

Amherst over Middlebury 13-11. Key in this game is going to the the face off dot where Nick Kopp is one of the best returners. This game is going to be a slug fest and will give us an early indication of how each team will fare this season

Excited to have nescac lacrosse back!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”