NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ChopMan23

Re: NESCAC

Post by ChopMan23 »

Laxxal22 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:47 am
Good for them - they're welcome for the bulletin board material provided on this thread :lol: . A few Tufts guys are playing at All-Conference/All-American levels in D1. It looks like everyone on both sides of the argument was right.
Manhattan is their best OOC opponent.... Lol.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

ChopMan23 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:01 am
Good for them - they're welcome for the bulletin board material provided on this thread :lol: . A few Tufts guys are playing at All-Conference/All-American levels in D1. It looks like everyone on both sides of the argument was right.
So what they went 7 - 92 before Coach Wolf got there and he's won 7 games in 1 n half season while 4 - 0 this yr. No not tough comp but still a huge improvement and respectable. He will have that program competing every yr like he was doing at LIU. I told u guys they were 8 - 7 in 2022 losing in conference tournament to a solid St Joes team 11 - 10 then he had moeny issues with LIU and left so did his best 6 players who went to top D 1 teams and LIU fell off while he's improving NJIT. How anyone can laugh those kids are working hard and finally tasting wins. 4 - 0 in D 1 is respectable even not playing top teams. Siena was picked to win the MAAC this yr and lost to NJIT.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

ChopMan23 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:01 am
Monmouth was the best OOC opponent. Let' see what they do in conference. Wolf has done a great job with these guys, the majority have been through a lot. Not and easy place(Newark) to go to school and the academic workload is brutal.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Watching from the “been warned once” realm as everyone freely discusses “America’s team.”

WoodStick

Post by WoodStick »

Garbagetime wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:18 pm Yes Trinity played their backups. Surprised the bantams aren’t getting more hype going into this year considering their strong season last year and the addition of 3-4 D1 transfers
Any truth to the rumor that the Trinity starting goalie for the past 3 years decided to leave the team? When Inside Lacrosse posted their pre-season AA list he received HM AA. I went on their web page to look at the roster but it has not been updated yet
UpperCorner22

Post by UpperCorner22 »

WoodStick wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:26 pm
Garbagetime wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:18 pm Yes Trinity played their backups. Surprised the bantams aren’t getting more hype going into this year considering their strong season last year and the addition of 3-4 D1 transfers
Any truth to the rumor that the Trinity starting goalie for the past 3 years decided to leave the team? When Inside Lacrosse posted their pre-season AA list he received HM AA. I went on their web page to look at the roster but it has not been updated yet
Truth.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

UpperCorner22 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:30 pm
WoodStick wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:26 pm
Truth.
Jeez. They cannot catch a break it seems. Didn't they have a problem with an entire class leaving the team?
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

He's playing golf: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-go ... cino/11519. Quite a talented kid.
Finish Strong
bonesnjnts

Post by bonesnjnts »

the trinity goalie room is just fine.
FairLax

Post by FairLax »

bonesnjnts wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:49 pm the trinity goalie room is just fine.
I was not aware that D3 Lacrosse teams had "rooms", lol. In any case, opportunity for someone else, next man up!

That being said, a 3-year starting goalie, one of the best in the league, deciding to play another sport his senior year is at best unusual, and at worst harkens back to some of the issues that plagued the team last year.

Roll Bants
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

FairLax wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:36 am
bonesnjnts wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:49 pm the trinity goalie room is just fine.
I was not aware that D3 Lacrosse teams had "rooms", lol. In any case, opportunity for someone else, next man up!

That being said, a 3-year starting goalie, one of the best in the league, deciding to play another sport his senior year is at best unusual, and at worst harkens back to some of the issues that plagued the team last year.

Roll Bants
It's an expression.

Probably a middle of the pack starting goalie in the Nescac. I assume he lost his starting job and is focusing on other endeavors in his last semester of school, maybe even honing his golf game altho that is a fall sport in the conference.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

The HM List(s) have grown in size the last few years
IL's poll put 5 NESCAC goalies, and 17 total, on their HM list
Kind of ridiculous
FairLax

Post by FairLax »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:16 pm

Roll Bants
It's an expression.

Probably a middle of the pack starting goalie in the Nescac. I assume he lost his starting job and is focusing on other endeavors in his last semester of school, maybe even honing his golf game altho that is a fall sport in the conference.
How could he have lost his position? Based on captains practice in fall ball?
jetdirect47

Post by jetdirect47 »

FairLax wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:15 pm

Roll Bants
It's an expression.

Coaches were allowed at practice this fall for the first time. Perhaps he realized he would be beat out? Perhaps he didn't want to put out the effort that Trinity expects? Maybe he just wanted to play golf more? I didn't even know the 'cac had golf as a varsity sport until this. I can't imagine the league is any good. Wouldn't golf players want to play in non-freezing weather?

Based on the previous post about the goalie situation, it seems like it won't make a difference. I agree that he was middle of the pack. There are others I'd take over him. He didn't seem to play well in the big games.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

What is widely considered to be the second best college golf course in the country is at Williams.

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/lists/gol ... rses-yale/
Bilo

Post by Bilo »

Trinity's golf team is currently ranked #23 in the country.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

jetdirect47 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:22 pm

Roll Bants
It's an expression.

Coaches were allowed at practice this fall for the first time. Perhaps he realized he would be beat out? Perhaps he didn't want to put out the effort that Trinity expects? Maybe he just wanted to play golf more? I didn't even know the 'cac had golf as a varsity sport until this. I can't imagine the league is any good. Wouldn't golf players want to play in non-freezing weather?

Based on the previous post about the goalie situation, it seems like it won't make a difference. I agree that he was middle of the pack. There are others I'd take over him. He didn't seem to play well in the big games.
Throwing mud on the kid after he left is gross...Grow up
Last edited by NNELax on Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Roll Bants
It's an expression.

1. it happened in last two weeks or
2. the coach told him based on fall ball or something else.

idfk but that was my assumption as I have seen that happen before. No biggie. Maybe I'm wrong, but I like that story over the story otherwise that Trinity is so toxic that 3 year starters at key positions quit, which I do not believe.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:02 pm Watching from the “been warned once” realm as everyone freely discusses “America’s team.”

5-0. America’s team.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

Toss up today - have a feeling it is going to be another close one.
Curious to see how they look on the road.
Going to say Skidmore at home - but close.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”