Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
timber18888

Re: Games Today

Post by timber18888 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:37 pm As my good friend Larry just said, and I agree: NU is giving up too many goals. CU lost 75% of their scoring from last season, they are not exactly an offensive powerhouse. CU put up more goals against NU than they did on St. Joe's. Think about that.
To be fair, 9 of Colorado's 14 goals came against a third-string goalkeeper who put up a 0.182 save percentage
timber18888

Post by timber18888 »

hsllax wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:39 pm 1. I think White had offseason surgery/ rehabbed a significant injury and was out for all of fall ball. She may still just be coming back into form.
2. I hate the new green cards. It has killed the ride which is a part of the game I have always loved. A lot of what made last year's NU offense (Scane in particular) so magic was those energy generating CTs and now it's just dull. I understand the safety aspect but most injuries aren't coming from that phase of the game.
3. NU shot percentages need improvement, but I can forgive poor shooting when your hands are just ice blocks on the end of your arms.
4. Jane Hansen is one of the most underrated players in NCAA lacrosse.
Re the shot %: They were also playing in altitude
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

hsllax wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:39 pm 4. Jane Hansen is one of the most underrated players in NCAA lacrosse.
She was key during their post-season run last year, particularly during the Michigan game during which she caused the turnover that led to Carleigh Mahoney's game-winning goal.

Like Izzy Scane, she was out for 2022 and came back in 2023 better than she was before her injury.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:20 pm I thought it was my imagination on the flops. Buffs are game today ... just too many TOs and too big a deficit on DCs.
I thought one of the areas of emphasis this year was carding flops/simulation? Guess not.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:47 am Be positive all you want. Their offense is lost without Downey. After being up 6-1 last night, they started to get smacked and Whitten didn’t make any adjustment for the two / three man game Davidson put on them. Some of the goals they scored were super easy. They don’t and didn’t recruit well. So all that talk about Instagram and the beach, unfortunately Coastal is not going anywhere. At least for the next five years.
Let me borrow your crystal ball so I can bet on some future games and win big. You’re just a bright ray of sunshine. :lol:
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Some good games on the slate this weekend. Starting with today we've got UVA-UNC. Let's see what UVA is really made of. MD-Florida will be interesting. Let's see if the Gators have some fight left in them but likely to drop to 0-3. Duke-Clemson will also answer some questions, but I think the Tigers come out on top. Just don't think Duke can hang. ND-Cuse, I'd have had the Orange taking this one preseason, but I think the Irish on home turf will give the Orange another L

Spidey's Lines:
UNC -3.5
UMD -4.5
Clemson -2
Notre Dame - 3.5
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:16 am Some good games on the slate this weekend. Starting with today we've got UVA-UNC. Let's see what UVA is really made of. MD-Florida will be interesting. Let's see if the Gators have some fight left in them but likely to drop to 0-3. Duke-Clemson will also answer some questions, but I think the Tigers come out on top. Just don't think Duke can hang. ND-Cuse, I'd have had the Orange taking this one preseason, but I think the Irish on home turf will give the Orange another L

Spidey's Lines:
UNC -3.5
UMD -4.5
Clemson -2
Notre Dame - 3.5
Can I put $500 on a 2 team parlay Cust +3.5 and MD -4.5 ?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:16 am Some good games on the slate this weekend. Starting with today we've got UVA-UNC. Let's see what UVA is really made of. MD-Florida will be interesting. Let's see if the Gators have some fight left in them but likely to drop to 0-3. Duke-Clemson will also answer some questions, but I think the Tigers come out on top. Just don't think Duke can hang. ND-Cuse, I'd have had the Orange taking this one preseason, but I think the Irish on home turf will give the Orange another L

Spidey's Lines:
UNC -3.5
UMD -4.5
Clemson -2
Notre Dame - 3.5
I'll wager an imaginary:

$50 on the Powder Blue Crew at Ginny
$50 on Duke
$50 on the Old Line State Chelonians over Flori-day

(I wouldn't touch that ND/SU game with a 10 foot pole.)

Them's my bets, Spidey ol' bean.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:03 am

Spidey's Lines:
UNC -3.5
UMD -4.5
Clemson -2
Notre Dame - 3.5
Can I put $500 on a 2 team parlay Cust +3.5 and MD -4.5 ?
Booked.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:48 am

Spidey's Lines:
UNC -3.5
UMD -4.5
Clemson -2
Notre Dame - 3.5
I'll wager an imaginary:

$50 on the Powder Blue Crew at Ginny
$50 on Duke
$50 on the Old Line State Chelonians over Flori-day

(I wouldn't touch that ND/SU game with a 10 foot pole.)

Them's my bets, Spidey ol' bean.
I'm already not liking the line I set for the UVA game, but you're in before they were adjusted!
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:50 am I'm already not liking the line I set for the UVA game, but you're in before they were adjusted!
Ah, the foibles of being a bookmaker...lol
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Spidey's Lines:
UNC -3.5
UMD -4.5
Clemson -2
Notre Dame - 3.5
Maryland will outclass Florida...just think the unexpected loss of LoPinto to BC would set back any offense for at least a year.

Give me UNC, they will eat up the zone that UVA plays. Only way UVA keeps it close is their advantage in the net

Tigers/Blue Devils is a toss up to me. This isn't the same Clemson team as last year, looking at their stats its a whole new cast of characters. Young team on the road for the first ACC game? Duke experience (tons of older kids in their lineup) gives them a slight advantage.

Notre Dame at home....if they play outside, give me cuse, if they play inside, give me Notre Dame. Not sure how it is legal to play games there, that field is TERRIBLE.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Stony Brooke (and any other team/conference) that does not affiliate with a major streaming provider and/or make games available to stream for free is shooting themselves in the foot in terms of branding and reach.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:34 am Stony Brooke (and any other team/conference) that does not affiliate with a major streaming provider and/or make games available to stream for free is shooting themselves in the foot in terms of branding and reach.
Opting for watching the live stats...riveting.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

Surprised no one has mentioned Isabella Peterson's red card at the game against Towson last night.

She'll be out against Albany, will be a test for the JMU offensive unit. Albany could take this one.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

HailMaryPass wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:38 am Surprised no one has mentioned Isabella Peterson's red card at the game against Towson last night.

She'll be out against Albany, will be a test for the JMU offensive unit. Albany could take this one.
I was watching. Looked like a frustration foul after getting back checked. That will definitely hurt the Dukes, but still have them beating the Danes.
OuttaNowhereWregget

SB 7-5 2:50 2nd
Didn't expect it to be this close.
OuttaNowhereWregget

ASU cagekeeper with 7 saves so far. SBU keeper with 0.

ASU pulls to within one.

SBU 7-6 at the half.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

flushlax77 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:58 am
Notre Dame at home....if they play outside, give me cuse, if they play inside, give me Notre Dame. Not sure how it is legal to play games there, that field is TERRIBLE.
Notre Dame has confirmed indoor (granted...tentatively).
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:01 pm
HailMaryPass wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:38 am Surprised no one has mentioned Isabella Peterson's red card at the game against Towson last night.

I was watching. Looked like a frustration foul after getting back checked. That will definitely hurt the Dukes, but still have them beating the Danes.
Agree with your perspective that this looked like a frustration foul, but for the life of me I don't see how it warranted a red card. A green or yellow for sure, maybe someone who is an official can explain the reasoning behind a red card in this situation. Maybe the replays and the angles I saw on ESPN+ didn't give me the full perspective.

Then, one minute later a Towson player runs thru a JMU player at midfield trying to get a ball, what appeared to me was a much "harder" foul and the Towson player only received a green card.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”