Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxfan9999

Re: Games Today

Post by laxfan9999 »

You would have to include Louisville on the team on the decline list except they haven’t been good for a long time if at all. They don’t have a lot of talent or coaching.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Congrats to the Buffs. Start the season 3-0, overcame a HOT SJU Goalie (Condordia) with 16 saves on 23 SOG.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

laxfan9999 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:30 pm You would have to include Louisville on the team on the decline list except they haven’t been good for a long time if at all. They don’t have a lot of talent or coaching.
Scott Teeter is a pretty good coach. He coached the Canadian U-19 team. I think one of the problems for Louisville is getting kids to commit to a non-hotbed area like Louisville. Just my 2 cents for what it is worth.
LaxThoughts

Post by LaxThoughts »

Brownlax wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:17 pm
laxfan9999 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:30 pm You would have to include Louisville on the team on the decline list except they haven’t been good for a long time if at all. They don’t have a lot of talent or coaching.
Scott Teeter is a pretty good coach. He coached the Canadian U-19 team.
It's time for this myth to finally die.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

NU is starting Cara Nugent in goal today for their game against Marquette.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Scott Teeter is a pretty good coach. He coached the Canadian U-19 team. I think one of the problems for Louisville is getting kids to commit to a non-hotbed area like Louisville. Just my 2 cents for what it is worth.
Hotbeds are important. Who would want to play lacrosse north of Chicago? A team up there would never work.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Not necessarily true. There have been alot of non hotbed schools that have done well. Clemson, High Point, Jacksonville, Coastal Carolina, just to name a few. But i would agree that Kentucky as a state is a tough sell to recruits
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:14 pm
Not necessarily true. There have been alot of non hotbed schools that have done well. Clemson, High Point, Jacksonville, Coastal Carolina, just to name a few. But i would agree that Kentucky as a state is a tough sell to recruits
Unpopular opinion here. Louisville (the area) just sucks. They don’t have a good football team the campus area isn’t really that attractive. It’s a hard area to get kids to go to. We visited and there were things I really liked, but it’s more of a basketball school (when they don’t suck). My daughter just wasn’t interested at all.

Otherwise it lacks the character of other schools and the flights in and out suck. There isn’t a big city close that is really fun.

Jacksonville - weather, beach, no one cares about football there

Coastal - weather, beach, decent G5 football program and a really good baseball program

Clemson - somewhat recent football success and a fun game day atmosphere, mostly decent weather and the lake

Louisville can’t compete.

Also, High Point sucks.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

Great game on right now, JHU vs Loyola. Very back and forth, entertaining!

https://www.centennialconference.tv/hopkinssports/
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

HailMaryPass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:56 pm Great game on right now, JHU vs Loyola. Very back and forth, entertaining!

Ava Angello is a highlight reel all by herself.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

HailMaryPass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:56 pm Great game on right now, JHU vs Loyola. Very back and forth, entertaining!

Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (182.86 KiB) Viewed 654 times
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This JHU-Hounds game is pretty good. Dumb yellow (unreleaseable) on the Hopkins bench just now leads to go ahead goal for Loyola early in the 4th.

Two goals during the women-down time; 12-10. Ouch.
Last edited by Seacoaster(1) on Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HailMaryPass

Post by HailMaryPass »

HailMaryPass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:11 pm

Hopkins was getting some bad calls by the refs, two yellow cards to two cross checks that weren't that harsh in my opinion. One of them was given to the wrong player (happens). Now, they just gave a yellow card to the Hopkins coach!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

HailMaryPass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:47 pm

Hopkins was getting some bad calls by the refs, two yellow cards to two cross checks that weren't that harsh in my opinion. One of them was given to the wrong player (happens). Now, they just gave a yellow card to the Hopkins coach!
6 yellows for Hop. If both teams weren't from B-more i would assume the baltimore ref break was in for Loyola ....odd discrepancy
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Greyhounds looking dangerous!

Also got a barnburner in Hamilton, NY. Upstate rivals Binghamton at Colgate tied at 13 entering 4th.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:48 pm

6 yellows for Hop. If both teams weren't from B-more i would assume the baltimore ref break was in for Loyola ....odd discrepancy
6 yellows and 5 greens against Hop. Only 2 greens against Loyola. In a game that was equally physical on each side. Something’s rotten in Denmark.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

hmmm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:25 pm

6 yellows and 5 greens against Hop. Only 2 greens against Loyola. In a game that was equally physical on each side. Something’s rotten in Denmark.
Nope. Not buying any bias by the refs. Loyola looked to me to be the slightly better team. Chase Boyle and Georgia latch are excellent. And I loved Loyola playing tough man to man against hop versus the hop zone. A good game between two top 15 teams….
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:32 pm
hmmm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:25 pm

Nope. Not buying any bias by the refs. Loyola looked to me to be the slightly better team. Chase Boyle and Georgia latch are excellent. And I loved Loyola playing tough man to man against hop versus the hop zone. A good game between two top 15 teams….
Loyola scored 6 goals 7v7 that weren’t on FPs. They’re much better at drawing fouls. I’ll give them that. Lot of head grabbing and flailing around on contact going on.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

We can put to bed this talk about Coastal being an up and comer. They belong in the High Point category. They stink. Getting murdered by Davidson right now. Nice uniforms though.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:26 pm Nice uniforms though.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”